Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,569 members, 7,978,888 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:23 PM

Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa (7609 Views)

Throwback: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish - Nothern Elders / Olugbenga Olaoye: We Cannot Afford Another Sick President / Adamu Garba: For The North To Secede From Nigeria, Is Not A Bad Thing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 08, 2021
Ofunwa111:

I did, because that's what y'all Anioma imposters always use to lie. I know your moves, after today you won't.. Ringroad bat !! cheesy
utter nonsense, I seem to have broken you. You don't even want to make sense anymore.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by fregeneh(m): 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2021
ifynicky:

Same way they said Ikwerre is from Benin? hahahaahahaahaahahahaaa

I will like to take this off this site... i would lik to discuss deep abt this topi with you if you do not mind....

Do you know Oba of Benin migrated from Yoruba land? like Odua empire?

Lets take if out if you do not mind..... we can discuss on the fone

Don't mind that fuul Bini iritant,he always jump around claiming Bini in culture section but he's here claiming anioma,the real true born Bini knows that their monarch/oba came from ife

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 08, 2021
fregeneh:

Don't mind that fuul Bini iritant,he always jump around claiming Bini in culture section but he's here claiming anioma,the real true born Bini knows that their monarch/oba came from ife
How is it so hard to understand ? Anioma is a subset of the Edo people, the name of our precolonial country is Benin, its capital is called Benin city and its people are called Edo. Ife was a small undeveloped settlement until 1912 when the British started developing it, Benin is an empire, it doesn't even make sense to claim the Oba migrated from ife. It is just a yoruba fantasy which is loved by some igbo fanatics. Benin empire and it's capital are thousands of years older than ife.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by fregeneh(m): 7:49pm On Jun 08, 2021
Truthshots23:

Look, you are a deluded fool, do yourself a favour and stop spreading your fake history. Your revisionism won't turn nri into an empire, nri is a village and always will be so. I know you are trying to copy yoruba with their fake history surrounding ife village, the world still knows ife as a village and will never see nri as anything else.

You this fraud is here again claiming to be aioma

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 08, 2021
fregeneh:

You this fraud is here again claiming to be aioma
no time for your madness,
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by fregeneh(m): 8:12pm On Jun 08, 2021
Truthshots23:

Look, you are a deluded fool, do yourself a favour and stop spreading your fake history. Your revisionism won't turn nri into an empire, nri is a village and always will be so. I know you are trying to copy yoruba with their fake history surrounding ife village, the world still knows ife as a village and will never see nri as anything else.

You this fraud you're here again claiming to be anioma/Bini at the same time,@Tao11 know you to be a con artist that's why he always disgrace you.

Every genuine historian around the word know the Yoruba history is as Clair/truthful as it can be, about the origin and source of Bini monarch/oba which is from ife in osun state Yoruba land, everybody world over knows that that the oba of Bini history revision of early 70s is just a politically induced revisionism just for the purpose of given himself force legitimacy born out of inferiority complex.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by fregeneh(m): 8:56pm On Jun 08, 2021
Truthshots23:
no time for your madness,

Go take care of your own lunacy first
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by mccloud224(m): 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2021
Sipsum:

They said they don't want war, that Igbos should be allowed to go.

Trust me when I say this...

If the Fulani declare war on IGBOS today, NOBOBY will support them...not even th.e Hausa's. They know this very well so their statement is like Man City coach saying to Chelsea "you played well so I concede defeat".... Catch my drift?

Other tribes were docile,malleable and innocent back in the 60's....Fulani Reptilian scum can't hold sway today again....if you know, you know.

Reptiles every where Goddammit!!!!
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by TAO11(f): 10:37pm On Jun 08, 2021
Truthshots23:
[s]Ife was a small undeveloped settlement until 1912 when the British started developing it, Benin is an empire[/s]
Ife was small and started developing in 1912 abi what did I just read from this Benin fraudstard? cheesy

Do you want to be taken seriously? If indeed yes, then cite the historical/archaeological evidence which backs up your heap of crap. cheesy

Moreover, calling Benin an empire is actually a way of making mockery of actual empires. Desist!

[s]it doesn't even make sense to claim the Oba migrated from ife. It is just a yoruba fantasy which is loved by some igbo fanatics. Benin empire and it's capital are thousands of years older than ife[/s]
No! The Benin sources were the first to divulge that information to the public.

Your fathers and mothers insisted adamantly (to the Europeans) that the Benin dynasty is a patrilineal off-shoot from Ife.

This narrative was the order of the day (for centuries) until in the 1970s when your people got gripped by inferiority complex and fabricated a strange reversal of the whole narrative.

Tainkiu @rhektor for tuning me in. cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by blackpanda: 3:09am On Jun 09, 2021
MasterofNL:

Igbos are not interested in dragging your Niger Delta into Biafra. We will only take back Igbo lands that were carved out from Imo state and forced into Rivers state. We will also take our people in Delta state.

I have attached evidence here.

The rest of you "We SS" can enjoy your Niger Delta.

Then u are not ready. Biafra is dead on arrival.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Uchek(m): 5:10am On Jun 09, 2021
Please what informed your emphatic assertion? What past event/incident did you include in your analysis to arrive at your conclusion?

truthfulparrot:
The excitement about Biafra is because the North is protesting against it. You will be shocked that if a referendum is carried out in Igbo land today, majority of the Igbo will opt to stay in Nigeria.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by MasterofNL: 8:07am On Jun 09, 2021
blackpanda:

Then u are not ready. Biafra is dead on arrival.

Why do you want to steal our lands?

You took parts of Imo state and forced them into your Niger Delta and you're saying we are not ready?

Who are the land grabbers now?
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by blackpanda: 4:12am On Jun 10, 2021
MasterofNL:

Why do you want to steal our lands?

You took parts of Imo state and forced them into your Niger Delta and you're saying we are not ready?

Who are the land grabbers now?

Who took part of imo
You guys just swallow rubbish lies. Imo ko omo ni
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by MasterofNL: 8:28am On Jun 10, 2021
blackpanda:

Who took part of imo
You guys just swallow rubbish lies. Imo ko omo ni

I attached proof before and I am doing so again.

See proof.

Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Ekpeitit(m): 9:47am On Jun 10, 2021
Ecstasy154:
The Northern Elders Forum (NEF) says the Igbo should be allowed to secede from Nigeria if that is what the south-east wants.

The proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) are campaigning for the secession of the south-east from Nigeria.

IPOB was formed in 2012 by Nnamdi Kanu, while MASSOB was founded in 1999 by Ralph Uwazuruike.

Addressing journalists after a closed-door meeting held in Abuja on Monday, Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, spokesman of the forum, said the agitation by the Igbo for secession has become widespread, adding that the leaders in the state appear to support the decision.

Baba-Ahmed advised that standing in the way of the agitators will only worsen the insecurity in the country.

“This nation has had to fight a terrible war to preserve the country. The north had paid its dues in that war, as indeed it did in many ways throughout the history of the country. Under our current circumstances, no Nigerian should welcome another war to keep the country together,” he said.

“The forum has arrived at the difficult conclusion that if support for secession among the Igbo is as widespread as it is being made to look, and Igbo leadership appears to be in support of it, then the country should be advised not to stand in its way.

“It will not be the best choice for the Igbo or Nigerians to leave a country we have all toiled to build and a country we all have the responsibility to fix, but it will not help a country already burdened with failures on its knees to fight another war to keep the Igbo in Nigeria.”

The forum warned that attacks and killings of northerners, federal government employees, and destruction of national assets must stop, adding that those involved must be arrested and prosecuted.

The northern elders also noted that until the Igbo decide whether it wants to secede or remain part of Nigeria, the law applies to it, as the federal and state governments have a responsibility to enforce the law and protect citizens.

They also supported the calls for northerners who are exposed to harassment and violence, to consider relocating to the north.

They, however, advised that all Igbo and other ethnic groups residing in the north should be accorded the usual hospitality and security.

https://www.thecable.ng/northern-elders-let-igbo-secede-if-its-their-wish-we-cant-afford-another-war/amp
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Ekpeitit(m): 9:51am On Jun 10, 2021
Yes give the Igbos their own country.
Please let the Igbos have their Biafra but we must build a big wall around all the borders surrounding Igbo tribes so they don't migrate into the Niger Delta or other parts of Nigeria.
All Niger Delta states must start building big walls around their states.
Niger Delta Republic will be a reality.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by afube: 2:25am On Jun 16, 2021
Truthshots23:

Try and be more original when talking, using expressions which were used millions of times before you shows your lack of intellectual capabilities.

look at this one! do you think I am performing to an audience or commenting for likes, you must be insane.............you mofos think ESN is a joke abi, get ready for the main course o! You f**ls think we will take this nonsense in perpetuity, Oga get ready for a 100-year struggle,.......ndi uchu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Herdsmen Flee As Hunters Invade Fulani Camp In Sagamu (PHOTOS) / Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns / I Did Not Plead Guilty –ibori

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.