Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,595 members, 7,979,007 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 06:21 PM

Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns (7609 Views)

"I Will Not Tolerate Corruption" - Screening, confirmation of CJN Kekere-Ekun / I Will Take Judiciary To Greater Heights – Acting CJN, Kekere-Ekun / Kekere-Ekun Set To Emerge Nigeria’s Second Female CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:28pm On Sep 30
The newly-inaugurated Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Kudirat Motomori Olatokunbo Kekere-Ekun, vowed on Monday in Abuja that obedience to court orders will not be negotiable under her watch.

She said that no individual or institution, irrespective of their standing, would be permitted to treat judgments of the court with levity or disregard.

The CJN spoke on the occasion of the commencement of the 2024/2025 legal year and the inauguration of the 87 new Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SANs) held at the Supreme Court.

Justice Kekere-Ekun stated that the judiciary stands resolute in ensuring that the sanctity of legal decisions is upheld in line with the rule of law.

To achieve this new narrative, the CJN canvassed that all hands must be on deck in fostering an unwavering commitment to the full enthronement of the rule of law.

“Disobedience to court orders or non-compliance with judicial directives is a direct affront to democracy and an invitation to anarchy.

“As such, it is critical that we respect and observe all the features of an enduring democracy, for in doing so, we maintain the delicate balance that sustains our society.”

“Let us, therefore, work together collectively and tirelessly to ensure that Nigeria continues to abide by the rule of law, upholds the best democratic practices, and remains vigilant in the protection of citizens’ rights.

“The rights of every Nigerian must be valiantly safeguarded against oppression and impunity, utilizing the full array of legal instruments at our disposal.”

Maintaining that a new dawn and a new era in the Nigerian judiciary has come with her appointment, Justice Kekere-Ekun assured Nigerians of her commitment to work diligently to improve public perception of the judiciary.

According to her, “Over the years, various factors have contributed to the negative image of the judiciary. However, we are determined to change the narrative and make the judiciary a source of pride for all Nigerians.”

“When the legal compass of a nation falters, everything suffers, including public and international perception.”

“The attitude of some of us in the justice sector is sometimes less than salutary, and that has contributed to the current image deficit of the country’s legal system.”

The CJN condemned the forum shopping by some lawyers, which she claimed has led to the emergence of conflicting orders by courts of coordinated jurisdiction.

To address this ugly trend, the CJN vowed that there will be consequences for any act of indiscretion that could bring the judiciary to disrepute.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/09/30/obedience-to-court-order-not-negotiable-under-my-watch-cjn-kekere-ekun-warns/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:30pm On Sep 30
Something is telling me that this is initial gra gra in its full glory.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by Sharingiscaring: 6:32pm On Sep 30
BeeBeeOoh:
Something is telling me that this is initial gra gra in its full glory.
How I wished people lived what they preached.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by TinkTwice(m): 6:32pm On Sep 30
grin

We've always known that people from a selected part of this country will be treated kingly, while the other will be treated ghastly

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by Ofunaofu: 6:37pm On Sep 30
If only she could act what she preach
Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by Sharingiscaring: 6:38pm On Sep 30
We will remind her that she said this...
"The rights of every Nigerian must be valiantly safeguarded against oppression and impunity, utilizing the full array of legal instruments at our disposal.”

“Over the years, various factors have contributed to the negative image of the judiciary. However, we are determined to change the narrative and make the judiciary a source of pride for all Nigerians.”

“When the legal compass of a nation falters, everything suffers, including public and international perception.”

“The attitude of some of us in the justice sector is sometimes less than salutary, and that has contributed to the current image deficit of the country’s legal system.”
Nlfpmod

4 Likes

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by xtianchris(m): 7:00pm On Sep 30
Aunty please tell us a story. Story Story

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by SWriter(f): 7:01pm On Sep 30
tongue
Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by Jostoman: 7:48pm On Sep 30
SAKAMANJE

5 Likes

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by Jostoman: 7:50pm On Sep 30
Na today

1 Like

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by SmartPolician: 8:07pm On Sep 30
If you hear a Nigerian in power speaking, you will think they deserve to be taken seriously until Ghana-must-go bags start rolling out.

5 Likes

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by Saidati: 8:10pm On Sep 30
We pray f judiciary reform

1 Like

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by tutudesz: 8:10pm On Sep 30
Madam you need to deal with all judges giving useless order to stop arrest of corrupt politicians and useless judgement from another state.
How can you leave Delta state court and travel to Kano to file a case And get a useless order in your favor undecided
The Judiciary system in Nigeria need Hypo badly

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by RollinTNDA: 8:10pm On Sep 30
Dey play

2 Likes

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by Racoon(m): 8:10pm On Sep 30
Of course simply because the judiciary is already a vestigial appendage of the executive. Nothing new. They are not looking at the interests of Nigerians.They are looking at the interests of the president and his political party.

I think maybe one thing that’s clear to me is that it’s not difficult to run free and fair elections. And in many African countries, their elections are relatively free and fair, much better than ours.

2 Likes

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by Exceed15: 8:11pm On Sep 30
Go and rest jare... Story!

2 Likes

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by doggedfighter(f): 8:12pm On Sep 30
grin

Joke of the day ! 😂😂😂😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by AllBlack: 8:13pm On Sep 30
Justice Binta left the WhatsApp group
Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by chatinent: 8:13pm On Sep 30
They always have sth to say!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by AllBlack: 8:14pm On Sep 30
chatinent:
They always have sth to say!

They gat so much things to say right now.
- Bob Marley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by moneyissweet(m): 8:14pm On Sep 30
Idiot
Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by lereinter(m): 8:14pm On Sep 30
Sakamaje!
Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by louken(m): 8:15pm On Sep 30
We will remind you your words when the time comes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by Justbesure: 8:15pm On Sep 30
BeeBeeOoh:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/09/30/obedience-to-court-order-not-negotiable-under-my-watch-cjn-kekere-ekun-warns/
She has spoken well, but now it's time for action. Please start with **Rivers state** there are a lot of conflicting judgement over there now

1 Like

Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by Richardteea(m): 8:19pm On Sep 30
All Talk talk and she won't practice it
Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by blackgold2018(m): 8:23pm On Sep 30
shivisee:
Since I was told that this woman has one bastard that’s an obedient, I knew her future is not bright! That iPod dunce call Peter obi should have joined his uncle kanu by now or what is she waiting for for inciting the most dreaded terrorist called ipob,s against the president!
nnawah o.. wasted
Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by arantess: 8:24pm On Sep 30
It was her judgement that made hope uzodinma governor, from 4th to 1st.

Nonsense judges
Re: Obedience To Court Order Not Negotiable Under My Watch – CJN Kekere-Ekun Warns by sharpwriter(m): 8:24pm On Sep 30
Initial gra gra grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic Zaria Hostels Under Attack, Students Feared Dead / Ugwuanyi Has Transformed Enugu With Meagre Resources - UNTH Board Chair / LG Poll: 15 Political Parties To Contest In Lagos Local Government Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.