Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,465 members, 7,904,729 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 06:22 PM

Ag Adult Sunday School Lesson - 13 June, 2021. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ag Adult Sunday School Lesson - 13 June, 2021. (331 Views)

Billy Graham Devotional 13 June 2020] Topic: Believe In The Holy Spirit / RCCG Sunday School Manual 26th November 2017 Lesson 13 / Rccg Sunday School Student's Manual(03/09/2017) Praise God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ag Adult Sunday School Lesson - 13 June, 2021. by Royal55: 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2021
AG ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL LESSON - 13 JUNE, 2021.

Topic: Put God First (Haggai)
Memory Verse: Haggai 1:7 - Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Consider your ways (KJV).
Lesson Bible Text:
Haggai 1 and 2
Lesson Central Truth:
God's people must value their relationship with Him above all else.

Introducing The Lesson:
The Book of Haggai was written to the Jews returning from exile to rebuild the Temple. These people had forsaken the sins of their forefathers. Nowhere in Haggai are they rebuked for idolatry or injustice. But Haggai still brought correction for a sin that had emerged among God's people and hindered His blessings. They needed to reflect on their ways and repent so they could enjoy His blessings. Through the words of the prophet, we, like the returning exiles, will be challenged to put God first in all we do.

Lesson Outline:
I. Honour God
A. Make Right Priority - Haggai I:I-4
B. Obey God - Haggai I:5-II.
2. Live In Fellowship With God
A. God Is With The Obedient - Haggai I:I2-I5
B. Do Not Fear - Haggai 2:I-9.
3. Experiencing God's Blessings
A. Disobedience Brings Consequences - Haggai 2:I0-I9
B. Faithfulness Brings Reward - Haggai 2:20-23.

Lesson Nuggets:
# As believers, putting God above all things should be our most prioritised agenda in life. Let God be the first call point in everything we do.
# In the Old Testament, the Temple represented God's presence. It was where people would go to meet with Him. By prioritising the Temple's rebuilding, God was calling them to make their devotion to and worship of Him the highest priority. Today, our worship doesn't centre on a building. Yet Haggai's message is still relevant. God calls us to place our highest priority on honouring Him with our lives, doing His will, and proclaiming His Kingdom.
# God sent Haggai to Judah's leaders to refocus the people's attention on the task at hand, but the clear view is that they had begun to enjoy the temporal pleasures of life at the expense of the spiritual task God had given them.
# God said to His people, "Consider your ways". While this was a call to examine their lifestyles, God was also teaching them where they had fallen into error. Self-reflection is key to repentance and spiritual growth. Self-examination is inevitable to a life that needs constant relationship with God.
# The best comfort is of the Lord: " I am with you". The Lord confirmed that He was actively present among them. The leaders of Judah as well as the population were reinvigorate, stirred with a renewed zeal to do the work God had called them to do.
# "By strength shall no man prevail". When believers rely on their own strength and wisdom, they lose insight of God and are destined for failure. When they humble themselves and trust in Him, they will grow in grace and in the Lord.
# Discouragement and fear can arise even when we are working for the Lord, but fear not and forge ahead because God is with us. We are to put up our faith above any form of fears.
# Believers today also encounter hostility and tough times. The world does not hide its hatred for Christianity. God's promise to shake heavens and earth holds true. God is watching over us. Our struggles will be real, but our final triumph and eternal reward are sure.
Action Word - Beloved, no matter the circumstance of life, be strong in the Lord. Never give up and always anchor your faith in God. The Lord is with us. Amen!

Remain blessed as you join us to study in our Sunday school both online and at any Assemblies Of God Church close to you.
Share your comment and question (s) as we study together under the feet of the Master.

Shalom!
#PrayAndStaySafe
#AGFORLIFE

(1) (Reply)

Prophet T. B. Joshua Burial Time Table & Order Of Program Release By The Church / See Why India Worship Little Boy Born With Four Arms, Four Legs As God / Long Lasting Church Service Can Cause Marital Problems - Prophet Kumchacha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.