Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,172 members, 7,910,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 09:24 PM

The Audacity Of Prayer. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Audacity Of Prayer. (410 Views)

Why Do Christians Underestimate The Power Of Prayer? / 21 Days Of Prayer And Fasting For The Winners' Family / The audacity of God -Reclaiming your possession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Audacity Of Prayer. by nnamdiosu(m): 9:40pm On Jun 16, 2021
The following you are about to read is purely fiction. However, it has been embedded with some truths, some realities and some true incidences. Its not meant to prove anything. This is just for you to read and observed, contemplate etc. Read with an open mind.

copyright nnamdiosu@gmail.com

Perhaps you are just visiting my series for the first time. I have an earlier thread that links you to my most amazing write ups.
Please click here to jump and read the other ones.

https://www.nairaland.com/4868158/journey-into-heaven

I'm inviting the few mentions I can remember. Please dont be angry if yours isnt here and you come upon it. I'm very sorry

Hotsswag12 ,
jubianose

Aceed

toyosi20188
jiggaz

Madprophet
Tjayjosh
yummy76

2 Likes

Re: The Audacity Of Prayer. by nnamdiosu(m): 9:51pm On Jun 16, 2021
He approached the throne.
The throne was awesome. Magnificently built. The throne appeared to be made of pure light, white and blinding.

The throne appeared white and transparent at the same time.
By the arm rest of the throne was a sort of inner wheel that rotated at immense speed.
The speed appeared to be matched to the mood of him who sat on the throne.

Fire leapt out of the throne.
And lightening. Each lightning spark was followed by thunderous sounds of thunder, loud enough to deafen the strongest ears.

Radiation and colors he had never seen on the earth rotated around the throne.
Colors up till now, he can't explain or describe.

As he stood before the throne, all his strength left him. And he fell flat on his face as a dead man.

That was when he heard his name. At first, he thought it was just the thunder erupting.
But when the thunder like voice spoke in very deep timbering, he heard it echo inside of him.

When his name was called, a glass like golden screen appeared at his back. In his front. Over him, and somehow under him.
It was like everywhere was one big screen that somehow compassed the whole gigiantic room. He was still prostrate on the floor, but somehow, he could see in all cardinal point directions.

In this strange place, he could hear thoughts.
He could sense emotions.
And things were crystal clear in vision. His sense we're sharp and he appeared a bit light in weight.

The screen opened up to the image of a baby being born at a hospital. It focused on the face ofthe baby for a while. Then, moved to various views of the baby.

At first, he wondered what the baby had to do with all this, with him. Then , slowly, the screen focus on the thigh of the naked crying baby on the screen. It zoomed in slowly. To a birth mark on the baby's thigh. He also had a birth mark at that exact place too. Then the screen paused, as if waiting for him to fully Comphrehend and understand what the baby had to do with all this, with him, with here.

All of a sudden, the realization, it hit him.
The baby was...was him.

He was about to watch a full recording of his whole life on earth.

The moment he realized this, the screen resumed playing.

His life review had began

1 Like

Re: The Audacity Of Prayer. by nnamdiosu(m): 10:03pm On Jun 16, 2021
His whole 46 years of living life on earth played in just three seconds. It was like there was no time here. His whole life looked like a mere 3 seconds.

He watched when he had his first kiss.
He saw the first time he fought in class...way back in secondary school.

Him attending church with his.parents and singing happily in the children's choir.

His first theft.
First fornication.
When he gave the beggar some money and felt good. When he spat into his seniors drink back at the boarding house.

When he lied to his parents.
His first pay check. And so on.
Stealing from his company.

His marriage, his first kid.
And so on.

As the video played, he noticed something.
He not only could hear and watch in 7d. He could also feel what each participant in the screen felt.

Like when he pushed the boy he normally bullied. He felt pain and great despair. Not his, but his victim.

He felt his parent pain when they discovered he had started smoking.
He felt his wife pain when he slapped her. His palm even tingled .
Without being told he knew the kind of.life he had lived. He strongly felt his conscience condemning him.

A MANS CONSCIENCE AFTER DEATH, WILL BE HIS FIRST ACCUSER.

And so on.
As the screen got to the end of his.life, it increased in speed like it was being fast forwarded. This continued till it became a fast blur. But somehow he still could perfectly watch it and feel the emotions of everyone.

Then it got to an end.
And the screen just turned blank.

The one who sat on the throne was quiet, but he felt his gaze strongly fixed on him.

Lord I'm sorry, please give me one more chance. I can do better. Please Lord, have mercy.

The words had were.just out from his mouth when the one on the throne spoke.

you have being weighed and found wanting.

1 Like

Re: The Audacity Of Prayer. by nnamdiosu(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2021
He was about pleading afresh, when suddenly, an angel, approached from behind the throne.

This angel was fearsome. He looked like a bodyguard soldier, dressed for battle. The angel was arriagned in gold breastplates, and a blazing sword of fire at his side.
Dressed for war, or a military assignment.

The angel moved with precision, and acute concentration on his face. The angel held his hand, as effortlessly as one holding a new born baby. He knew to resist was a waste of time.

He remembered the number of times he laughed as they preached to him
How he told them hell would be fun, because his favourite musicians would be there to welcome him. And give entertainment.
He wailed inside mournfully. He brought this on his self.
If only....
If , if only...

As the angel dragged him to a black looking door, the same door that emmited a great quantity of heat, he felt when he first entered the realm, he heard the voice. A pained voice.

The voice sounded familiar.
He listened carefully.
It couldn't be, is she here?

Then, the angel stopped. Suddenly.
It seems an unspoken command had come from the throne of light to the angel, who froze instantly.

He heard her voice again. His wife. Deep with anguish. Somehow , her voice changed the atmosphere in this realm.

She was crying and at the same time quoting scriptures. He wondered, how could his wife be so powerful to be able to create a pause in this realm.
It was when he listened more carefully, he understood what was going on.

The screen that had gone off before, after showing the complete video of his life slowly came to life. This time around, it showed earth, the hospital where he had died.

His wife was lying across his body, shaking it vigorously and praying. Mucus and tears came from her nose and eyes respectively. She was in so much pain.

The moment his wife said ..Father in the name of Jesus..., a very strong beam of light from earth, ascended into heaven, into the throne room, where they all where.

Slowy he understood what was happening.
The battle for his soul had began.

2 Likes

Re: The Audacity Of Prayer. by nnamdiosu(m): 10:27pm On Jun 16, 2021
In all her prayers she constantly stood on two particular scriptures..
In Hebrews 11:35 that widows received their loved ones back to life.
And Mathew 19:26 that with God all things are possible.

And she prayed.
She reminded God of his promises to her. The more she prayed, the stronger the beam of prayer light connecting heaven to earth became.

There was total silence in that realm.
He knew somehow that if she ever stopped praying and pushing, without a response yet, he would automatically begin his journey through that black door into hell.

Everyone in that realm held their breath.

SOMEHOW HE REALIZED THAT EVEN THE ONE ON THE THRONE, DIDNT WISH FOR HIM TO GO THROUGH THAT BLACK DOOR.

Then all of a sudden, the angel that had paused, suddenly continued and began pulling him to that black door that led to hell.

He was confused, but his wife was still praying. The matter hadn't being decided, why then was the angel still taking him there.
How come?

He looked at the screen in confusion and suddenly understood. Doubt had crept in.
His wife, even through she was praying, was begining to loose faith. And that made her prayer effortless and not to ascend to heaven. The prayer beam started getting fainter and fainter. It was dying down.

Bitter tears streamed down his eyes.
If only she could know what was happening. If only she had kept up her faith a little. Her voice in prayer was fading the Intensity was reducing. She was giving upon him and giving in to doubts and fear.

Then just as the angel was about to open the door and fling him in, her voice suddenly rose up with much force. This time around she wasn't praying. She was praising the one who sat on the throne.

She reminded him of his power to do as he liked without asking anyone for permission.

She reminded him of his mercy shown unto a thousand generations of those that loved him.

She reminded him of his power to save even to the uttermost. She called him mighty names as beffitting a supreme ruler.
Then she broke into a song, the same song he had once shouted at her was disturbing him.

"Oh that men would praise the Lord. For his goodness and for his wonderful works to.the children of men.
He has broken the gates of brass, and cast the bars of iron in asunder"

The moment she sang this song, it was as if 900 trillion transformers were connected and plugged to the throne.
The throne exploded with sparks. The thunders increased. There was multitude of voices he couldn't explain coming from the throne.
The atmosphere changed, he felt it within. Somehow, she had said or done something that moved the one sitting on the throne.

Then there was silence, deep silence.
By now he was on the floor, prostrating.

That was when he heard his name again, for the second time.

This time it wasn't in the thunderous ,low rumbling voice. No.

This time is was gentle, and soft.
Like the one who spoke it was in deep pain.
He had the urge to look up, to the direction he heard his name. He wondered who knew him and loved him so much in this realm.

And then he saw him.
A man, yet greater than any man who.ever lived or will live.
He saw humilty in his personality and yet a royal aura surrounding him.

The moment he locked eyes with this personality standing in front of him, a million emotions errupted inside him.

Peace, joy, calmness, assurance everything will be all right. But most of all, the single most emotion that swelled inside and made him start feeling light headed , was love. The love from this man hit him so much, that he feel on his knees crying. Why? He didn't know.

But, He cried like a baby like someone who had Being lost for a long time and suddenly found.

3 Likes

Re: The Audacity Of Prayer. by nnamdiosu(m): 10:47pm On Jun 16, 2021
And then the man asked him

Why did you disregard the words of my messengers to you? I sent many, time and time again, but you pushed them off.
Why did you remain hard hearted to my rebukes and warnings?

Why did you decide to live for yourself and do those things contrary you doing to my commandments?

Why rebel against me, your.
maker and your saviour?

Behold, the voice of your wife , my daughter, whom i sent to you severally also, has come to me from the earth into my ears, and although you deserve eternal damnation, I choose to display my endless mercies in you. For indeed, I take no pleasure in the death of any sinner.

Behold then, another chance has being given to you.
Repent and turn aside from your evil ways and embrace my forgiveness.

The devil desires to have you destroyed, but I wish you to have eternal life.
Go back and tell them of the earth what you have seen and tell them all to repent from their wicked ways.

Then the was a pause and the man said, come

2 Likes

Re: The Audacity Of Prayer. by nnamdiosu(m): 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2021
He lifted up his eyes.
The personality had stretched forth his hand towards him.

This personality outstretched hand, (and the other one by his side), had nail holes in the wrist. The holes looked healed and fresh at the same time.

He took the hand of the man who lifted him up.

The man had a white linen garment on his body.
His eyes sharp and warm with love .

Then the man said,
Tell the people of earth that behold the end of the world is upon them.

Many disasters will come upon the earth. The sun's light will be held back for many months and darkness will creep upon the face of the earth

Men will grow more wicked and controlled by evil.
But those that trust in me shall be strong and do exploits

2 Likes

Re: The Audacity Of Prayer. by jiggaz(m): 5:40pm On Jun 17, 2021
Alright bro..
nnamdiosu:
The following you are about to read is purely fiction. However, it has been embedded with some truths, some realities and some true incidences. Its not meant to prove anything. This is just for you to read and observed, contemplate etc. Read with an open mind.

Perhaps you are just visiting my series for the first time. I have an earlier thread that links you to my most amazing write ups.

I'm inviting the few mentions I can remember. Please dont be angry if yours isnt here and you come upon it. I'm very sorry

Hotsswag12 ,
jubianose

Aceed

toyosi20188
jiggaz

Madprophet
Tjayjosh
yummy76
Re: The Audacity Of Prayer. by madprophet(m): 7:40am On Jun 18, 2021
nnamdiosu:

Hotsswag12 ,
jubianose

Aceed

toyosi20188
jiggaz

Madprophet
Tjayjosh
yummy76

We dai here boss

2 Likes

Re: The Audacity Of Prayer. by Kc3000: 7:50pm On Aug 16, 2021
Thoroughly enjoyed this bro. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: The Audacity Of Prayer. by nnamdiosu(m): 11:27am On Aug 17, 2021
Kc3000:
Thoroughly enjoyed this bro. God bless you.

You welcome bro.
Thanks for reading also.

God bless

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shocking Confession By Muslim Scholar After He Died / Fake Prophet Who Had Sex With Seven Women Per Night Has Been Arrested / You Are Special.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.