Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,756 members, 7,875,894 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:04 AM

Is It A Sin - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin (19366 Views)

Masturbation Is A Sin, No Matter Your View About It / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin by Mystery9(m): 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2021
Mystery9:

Those selling beers and cigarettes are not christains but church goers.
Re: Is It A Sin by sunshineV(f): 1:39pm On Jun 19, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Marriage is an institution and precept established by GOD, Jesus Christ preached about it, HE would have gotten married if it was part of His ministry, but it would have been a distraction.
so we shouldnt live like christ in that aspect?
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2021
frank417:

Ezekiel 33:15

If the wicked restores the pledge, gives back what he has taken by robbery, and walks in the statutes of life, not doing injustice, he shall surely live; he shall not die
Interesting! undecided

Ezekiel 33 vs 10 - 20, speaks clearly of the Old Covenant standard of righteousness obviously, in much the same way as Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 36 also does. But that ruling applies to those who are descended of the Blood of Jacob, of which us gentiles are excluded - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

But we are called according to the New Covenant,
Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ says instead that all those who believe in Him shall not perish(die) but have everlasting life. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by kokomilala(m): 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2021
This is a stupid question. You knew already that a Christian should not delve into that niche, but self-will would not allow u to see it even if it's as clear as daylight to you. You're just like Balaam in the book of Numbers, who having asked God whether he could curse the Israelites for Balak,got a no, still went to ask God a second time whether he could still go with Balak in order to curse them. He knew God wouldn't allow it. But because of the diviner's fee he might get he went to ask God again.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin by BeardGangJnr1(m): 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
I so much hate religion eeeenh.....oga no goan make money....stay there undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2021
MansoryMX:

Both are sacred religion. That’s why I am asking the Op in particular for asking such a stupid question!
Both are sacred by whose standard? Yours or God's? undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by anselm791(m): 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2021
lordmayor2013:
A free thinker asked: "Why is sin hereditary and salvation is not"?

For those quoting me, this is for you
Deuteronomy 5:9
" I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the fathers’ sin to the third and fourth generations"

Cause sin was free and salvation was paid.
Re: Is It A Sin by bab22: 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2021
Mike2021forGod:
I just recently gave my life to Christ before I was into fraud and redeeming of gift card by Yahoo boiz... I was planning to establish on intimacy gadget business what should be done i have quit fraud but is redeeming of gift card a sin and can a Christian sell intimacy gadgets and all this enlargement cream
Of all the business in the world is only intimacy gadget you can think of. nonsense
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2021
Mystery9:

Those selling bear and cigarettes are not christains but church goers.
What is wrong with selling beer and cigarettes? undecided

Was Jesus Christ being foolish when He declared to you in Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20, that it is not what you eat/ingest that causes you to sin, makes you unclean of defiled you? undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by MansoryMX(m): 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Both are sacred by whose standard? Yours or God's? undecided

By the people who practice it undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by Fearjah: 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2021
lordmayor2013:
A free thinker asked: "Why is sin hereditary and salvation is not"?

[/b]If your father is wealth,
When you grow up you will inherit his wealth.

IF your father was wealthy but later become poor,
When you grow up you will inherit his poverty.

If now you have inherited his poverty
will you not work hard according to your ability to get your own wealth in life?[b]

Re: Is It A Sin by teacherbim(f): 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2021
MansoryMX:

You are not born again but BURN AGAIN
grin grin
Re: Is It A Sin by IgweOfNnewi: 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2021
sunshineV:
so we shouldnt live like christ in that aspect?
Did CHRIST preach it?
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2021
anselm791:

Cause sin was free and salvation was paid.
I say bullsheet! undecided

If you paid attention to the verse he quoted you would have realized instead that mr freethinker there is wrong in his assertion... what the verse states is inherited is punishment , not sin.
Re: Is It A Sin by frank417: 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interesting! undecided

Ezekiel 33 vs 10 - 20, speaks clearly of the Old Covenant standard of righteousness obviously, in much the same way as Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 36 also does. But that ruling applies to those who are descended of the Blood of Jacob, of which us gentiles are excluded - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

But we are called according to the New Covenant,
Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ says instead that all those who believe in Him shall not perish(die) but have everlasting life. undecided
Please read the book of Romans and read it carefully please
Re: Is It A Sin by MrPRevailer(m): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2021
RichBoy247:

Intimacy gadgets sin? Maybe yes.

Makeup, attachments, women trousers sin? Capital NO

It depends on which Church you go.
There are few churches that do not compromise the truth of word of God.

They aren't there for membership or people's money but to do the will of God 100%.
You should listen to those men of God.

"Love not the world..." 1 John 2:15

If you don't love the world, then why do you hold tight to these things and say they aren't sin?
What if you died and found out they are sin and there is no going back to amend your life?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin by BeardGangJnr1(m): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2021
pickatyouu:
Please ask if a christian should breathe.

Azin eeeenh grin grin
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2021
MansoryMX:
By the people who practice it undecided
So your understanding then is that what fits into one group should fit the other group then, this even though the OP was specific in declaring interest in that which applied to the group he belongs to? undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by sunshineV(f): 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Did CHRIST preach it?
preach worth?
Re: Is It A Sin by anselm791(m): 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:

If you paid attention to the verse he quoted you would have realized instead that mr freethinker there is wrong in his assertion... what the verse states is inherited is punishment , not sin.

Same thing oga.
The is no punishment without sin.
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2021
frank417:

Please read the book of Romans and read it carefully please
Why do I need to read the book of Romans when God's own Law , Jesus Christ, absolutely states that everyone who believes in Him will not die but have eternal life? undecided

God's Law being absolute implies you can not add or remove from it in any way as no man has the authority to change that which God has declared. So, what exactly am I to do with whatever it is that is written in Romans? Overrule God's own law? undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by MrPRevailer(m): 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2021
Rexnegro:

Your last line would have just done you good but instead u stood as spokesperson for God first ....

"We are ambassadors of Christ..." 2 Corinthians 5:20
Re: Is It A Sin by Fearjah: 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2021
anselm791:

Same thing oga.
The is no punishment without sin.
Punishment is the same thing as sin? Since when? undecided

So given that God abolished that punishment for that sin in Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 36, what does that mean then?
Re: Is It A Sin by MrPRevailer(m): 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why do I need to read the book of Romans when God's own Law , Jesus Christ absolutely states that everyone who believes in Him will not die but have eternal life? undecided

The word of God also stated that the abominable, liars, whoremongers, lascivious, drunkards.....................etc shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9, Revelation 21:8, Romans 1:26-35, Galatians 5:19-22, Colossians 3:6 etc.

"The Lord knows those that are His," and, "Let everyone naming the name of the Lord depart from iniquity." 2Timothy 2:19
Re: Is It A Sin by NobleSeed(m): 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2021
[s]
aidameoryou:
TYPICAL AFRICAN MAN MENTALITY.
WHEN WILL OUR AFRICAN BRAINS OPEN AND WE KNOW THAT GOD HAS GIVEN YOU LIFE, AND GOD STILL LETS YOU CHOOSE WHAT YOU NEED TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE.
WHEN WILL WE LEARN TO SEPARATE OUR BUSINESS WITH ALL THESE RELIGION BROUHAHA, THAT AT THE END OF THE DAY WE ARE HUMANS AND NOT GOD.
SO LONG AS YOU ARE DOING A BUSINESS OR MOVE THAT DOESNT HURT ANYONE, AND THAT DOESNT PUT ANYONE IN A BAD SPOT, WHO DO YOU OWE ANY EMOTIONAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL ENTANGLEMENT OVER IT TO

SERIOUSLY OUR AFRICAN MINDS HAVE BEEN SO MUCH THWARTED AND CONFUSED TO THE EXTENT THAT MANY PEOPLE ARE SERIOUSLY LIVING IN DELUSION, RATHER THAN LIVING THIS LIFE AS IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE, AND AS THE CREATOR OF THIS UNIVERSE HAS MADE IT TO BE.

OUR AFRICA IS THE MOST RELIGIOUS, THE MOST PRAYING, BUT STILL YET THE MOST BACKWARD AND THE MOST DESTITUTE, WE WILL PRAY FROM MORNING TILL NIGHT TO OUR GOD TO GIVE US VISA TO ARRIVE IN A NON-GODLY COUNTRY, AND EVEN WE WILL WORK UNDER A NON RELIGIOUS PERSON OVER THERE, AND STILL CALL IT GOD'S BLESSINGS.

AN AFRICAN MAN WILL PREFER TO PRAY ALL NIGHT OF 12HRS, RATHER THAN LEARNING A 1HR COURSE THAT WILL BETTER HIS LIFE.
WHEN WILL WE GT OVER THIS BONDAGE OF RELIGION?

AN AFRICAN MAN WILL RATHER SHOUT AMEN, AND I RECEIVE TILL ETERNITY RATHER THAN HAVING A QUIET TIME OF SOLACE TO REFLECT AND INNOVATE/IMPACT MEANINGFULLY ON HIS LIFE.

OUR PASTORS WILL TELL US OF HOW OUR POLITICIANS ARE BLESSED WHILST SOME OF THESE OUR POLITICIANS RENDERING PEOPLE HOPELESS IN ALL AREA OF THE COUNTRY.

AND AT THE END OF THE DAY, MOST OF OUR PRAYER POINTS ARE BASED ON PROSPERITY AND SUCCESSFULNESS, AND BREAKTHROUGH AND WEALTH, AND KILLING EVERY OBSTACLES IN OUR WAY, WHILE THE PURPOSE OF OUR RELIGION AND SUPPOSED RELATION WITH GOD SHOULD BE ETERNITY AT LAST

AN AFRICAN MAN WILL PRAY AND FAST FROM NOW TILL NEXT TOMORROW TO TRAVEL TO CHINA (A NON RELIGIOUS COUNTRY) TO GET WORK, AND WILL KILL ANYONE IN THE WAY OF THAT WITHOUT EVEN THINKING TWICE, AND WILL STILL CALL IT GOD'S PLAN AND PURPOSE.

THE GREATEST BREAKTHROUGH IN LIFE IS FINDING YOUR PURPOSE ON THIS EARTH, AND FULFILLING YOUR GREATEST POTENTIAL.... AND NOT PRAYING 24HRS A DAY.[/s]

Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2021
Fearjah:
But according to the book of Genesis, Adam's sin did not pass to even His own son,Abel, who was declared a righteous man for His obedience of God. So what does that say of your understanding of the verse in Romans? undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by Champneys: 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2021
Yes!

Even your pastors and their wives you all stupidly and foolishly called daddies and mummies use intimate gadgets and enhancements to spice up their sex lives!
Re: Is It A Sin by frank417: 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why do I need to read the book of Romans when God's own Law , Jesus Christ absolutely states that everyone who believes in Him will not die but have eternal life? undecided
Please brother do you have spare time. I will so love to personally study the word of God(the bible) with you. I will send you an email now.
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2021
MrPRevailer:

The word of God also stated that the abominable, liars, whoremongers, lascivious, drunkards.....................etc shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 6:9, Revelation 21:8, Romans 1:26-35, Galatians 5:19-22, Colossians 3:6 etc.
Isn't it interesting how you had to skip around the Word of God as declared by Jesus Christ Himself in order to make the claims you have listed above? undecided

Where did Jesus Christ teach you that these are sins in His Kingdom. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by illicit(m): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2021
Mystery9:

Those selling bear and cigarettes are not christains but church goers.

Why?
Jesus took alcohol

Christains work in breweries and Benson and hedges
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
frank417:

Please brother do you have spare time. I will so love to personally study the word of God(the bible) with you. I will send you an email now.
Focus in the question asked of you here please. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Visits IDP In Adamawa, Donates Gifts To Them (Photos) / Don't Settle For Less; Don't Live A Life Of Mediocrity / Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.