Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,218 members, 7,934,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 03:59 PM

''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) (45741 Views)

“mrs H” – Mercy Eke Writes As Photo Of Her With Mystery Man Surfaces / Why Are You Obessed With Me - Mercy Eke Asks Tacha, Addresses Death Threat / Bbnaija: "God Is Punishing Me" - Mercy Weeping Uncontrollably Again For The Four (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by Liposure: 10:25am On Jun 18, 2021
vivaciousvivi:
Please, I am a woman and that is not what feminism is truly about. We don't believe that men need to be disrespected or not tolerated.
you are blessed

2 Likes

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by myami: 10:32am On Jun 18, 2021
kenzysmith:
Type correct english self na wahala, Madam thank u for this Truth but why u dey do olosho? Cubana priest don shop,Ike,
MC galaxy done shop, rudeboy don'shop anty ashana work never tire u?
tire for where. wey i neva chop my share
Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by Drella(m): 10:50am On Jun 18, 2021
Sterope:
Your first sentence is disgenious. The status of prostitutes and prostitution in our society today is largely because of Feminism. The platform she has today, is because of feminism.

First, you can't comprehend. Second, you are quoting the wrong person. Which part of my posts inspired your silly assumptions?

Disingenuous you mean?

How is the status of prostitutes and prostitution in our society today largely because of Feminism?? undecided

Only my first sentence was directed to you.The rest was directed to all you feminists out there(why I said "y'all" ).
I am not assuming,I am talking facts!
Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by uunwanaobong3: 10:53am On Jun 18, 2021
sapphiere:
Married women who are the head of their families. Probably feeding their husbands.
How is Ngozi feeding her husband ? ARE U CRAZY? Don't you know that ngozi husband is an international renoun medical practitioner based in america! And he has more than enough money to take care of ngozi and her children for life?

Sapphire or what ever they call u.... Get behind me u devil and stupid feminist.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by Onlinebar: 10:55am On Jun 18, 2021
sapphiere:
It beats my imagination when I see some women reject the movement. Like they are so comfortable being opressed. SHM

Why are Nigerian men so so insecure? Once the hear the word "feminism" their blood get hot.

Every one can make a choice, not only women. Women can make a choice to want only a tall, dark and handsome and rich guy, but when a man says he does not want a feminist as friend a or wife it's termed misogyny.

I don't like feminists thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by stayclearofme: 11:17am On Jun 18, 2021
sapphiere:
More popular and richer than her husband. Deal with it.
Does that make her the head of the family? Dumbass!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by kenzysmith: 11:19am On Jun 18, 2021
myami:
tire for where. wey i neva chop my share
cheesy
Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by pocohantas(f): 11:31am On Jun 18, 2021
bukatyne:
Funny thread.

Mercy don buy market grin

Is feminism against women having good character to their husbands? grin

I am curious too. I have never met one feminist that said women shouldn’t be good to their husbands. Talking about Mercy, how good was she to Ike? What peace of mind did she give him, both in and out of the house?

Anyway, she has said what them boys wanna hear. Tomorrow they’ll still call her olosho once the euphoria of this post wears off.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by Drella(m): 11:36am On Jun 18, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

There is no scientific evidence that men are logical and women emotional.To correct you many things feminist advocate for come from societal construct and not nature.Nature didn't say men are better than women,nature didn't say men should have more powers than women,nature didn't make society patriarchal it was men themselves that did that and made laws and traditions to favour them.

There is no evidence that men are more logical there are emotional men and logical women and what exactly do you even know as logic?

You don't know what equality is when you try to me that even among men there is no equality,who doesn't even know that.
You have a misconstrued meaning.of feminism if you think it is all about what and what not.It seems you don't know that stereotypes and orientation is part of what feminism is trying to change.

Maybe I will use the word equity since equality is confusing you

It was nature that birthed the societal construct you're insinuating.
It can be traced to the early men.Naturally,men were stronger than their female counterparts.As regards hunting for food,women couldn't because they lacked the stamina required.As regards protection,women were too weak to defend themselves thereby making men face and fight off attackers and intruders.
Then there was the issue of dressing the game caught, preparing meals for the family,doing domestic chores,taking care of the children e.t.c in which women are capable of doing.This made women stay back at home while men go outside to fend for their families.
It was nature that made societal roles be ascribed to both genders!

What is logic?
Logic is the systematic study of valid rules of inference, i.e. the relations that lead to the acceptance of one proposition on the basis of a set of other propositions.
Now,a psychological research stated that the reasoning of a gender is incumbent on their societal roles.And men tend to reason based on know fact as that is what the society requires of them.This is something that isn't socially required of women.

At bolded,I don't understand you because you just reiterated my point.
Stereotyping?I don't care what people say about feminism,I only say what I know.

And I don't mean equity but equality.

1 Like

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by Drella(m): 11:41am On Jun 18, 2021
sapphiere:
Who told you feminists don't get married? Chimamanda is a core feminist and a married woman.

She married a simp!
No alpha male will marry a feminist.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by Drella(m): 11:47am On Jun 18, 2021
Firstly,If you are a feminist,I can never have a thing for you.

Oh God,any normal lady I will marry and will later turn to a feminist,let me not know her in the first place.Amen.

They can be so domineering and manipulative.
If you marry a nigerian feminist in the western world,she will threaten you with divorce to manipulate you.Cos if you divorce,it will be to her benefit.

God guide all men out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by Sterope(f): 11:50am On Jun 18, 2021
Did your ancestors love and cheer for prostitutes? Did they marry them? Confer them the status and respect to address non-prostititutes? Did they also actively encourage women whose behaviour suggested sexual immorality? Allowed their women to mingle with them? Shamed non virgin brides? Live and mingle with the rest of the society the way she does?

Feminism is the reason she is not ostracised the way she would be without it. It is a different question to ponder whether feminism or prostitution is bad.

Lmao. If you don't know these little things, you shouldn't be jumping up and down looking for a fight. grin

Drella:

Disingenuous you mean?

How is the status of prostitutes and prostitution in our society today largely because of Feminism?? undecided

Only my first sentence was directed to you.The rest was directed to all you feminists out there(why I said "y'all"wink.
I am not assuming,I am talking facts!

1 Like

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by Frenzy01(m): 11:56am On Jun 18, 2021
Mercy Wan settle down.. She Don dey taya grin

abeg jare, make una Patronize my small business pls. I sell and I buy any breed of dogs swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer Boarding and pet care services

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by Drella(m): 12:04pm On Jun 18, 2021
Sterope:
Did your ancestors love and cheer for prostitutes? Did they marry them? Confer them the status and respect to address non-prostititutes? Did they also actively encourage women whose behaviour suggested sexual immorality? Allowed their women to mingle with them? Shamed non virgin brides? Live and mingle with the rest of the society the way she does?

Feminism is the reason she is not ostracised the way she would be without it. It is a different question to ponder whether feminism or prostitution is bad.

Lmao. If you don't know these little things, you shouldn't be jumping up and down looking for a fight. grin

It ain't feminism.
The world is turning upside down now,strange things are happening.
Look at yahoo boys showing publicly now.Back then,if you are doing yahoo,no one will know.Your source of income will just be unknown.
Look at politicians embezzling and still walking freely with no constraint,was embezzling not hidden in the past?
The list is endless..

Now,do me a favour by showing me evidences of mercy prostituting.

1 Like

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by Sterope(f): 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2021
grin grin grin
pocohantas:

I am curious too. I have never met one feminist that said women shouldn’t be good to their husbands. Talking about Mercy, how good was she to Ike? What peace of mind did she give him, both in and out of the house?

Anyway, she has said what them boys wanna hear. Tomorrow they’ll still call her olosho once the euphoria of this post wears off.
Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:47pm On Jun 18, 2021
Drella:

It was nature that birthed the societal construct you're insinuating.
It can be traced to the early men.Naturally,men were stronger than their female counterparts.As regards hunting for food,women couldn't because they lacked the stamina required.As regards protection,women were too weak to defend themselves thereby making men face and fight off attackers and intruders.
Then there was the issue of dressing the game caught, preparing meals for the family,doing domestic chores,taking care of the children e.t.c in which women are capable of doing.This made women stay back at home while men go outside to fend for their families.
It was nature that made societal roles be ascribed to both genders!

What is logic?
Logic is the systematic study of valid rules of inference, i.e. the relations that lead to the acceptance of one proposition on the basis of a set of other propositions.
Now,a psychological research stated that the reasoning of a gender is incumbent on their societal roles.And men tend to reason based on know fact as that is what the society requires of them.This is something that isn't socially required of women.

At bolded,I don't understand you because you just reiterated my point.
Stereotyping?I don't care what people say about feminism,I only say what I know.

And I don't mean equity but equality.
You are confused and dialoguing with you is a waste of my time.

Don't quote me again.

2 Likes

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by bukatyne(f): 1:00pm On Jun 18, 2021
pocohantas:

Feminism might not tell women not to be good wives however, an ardent follower of feminism can not be good to her husband. The ideologies of Feminism especially the 'modern' version are against the core of womanhood.

Before redpillers start jumping, they are one and same. A follower of red Piller can never be a good husband. The ideologies of TRP are against the core of manhood.

@Mercy: these people are clowns and would latch on the next big thing to trend. The only type of 'celebs' or influencial people I would take their opinions online with a pinch of salt are those notable based on educational, political, religious or career achievements.

Babe is/was rumoured to be a runs girl that urned Ike to a philosopher. undecided

Hahahahahaha @ euphoria of the post.

1 Like

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by bukatyne(f): 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2021
angelfallz:
I was wondering when I'd see your comment. grin

She don buy market na.

But again, we have not heard of Mercy in a while (at least in NL).

What other way to trend?
Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by pocohantas(f): 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2021
bukatyne:

Feminism might not tell women not to be good wives however, an ardent follower of feminism can not be good to her husband. The ideologies of Feminism especially the 'modern' version are against the core of womanhood.

Before redpillers start jumping, they are one and same. A follower of red Piller can never be a good husband. The ideologies of TRP are against the core of manhood.

@Mercy: these people are clowns and would latch on the next big thing to trend. The only type of 'celebs' or influencial people I would take their opinions online with a pinch of salt are those notable based on educational, political, religious or career achievements.

Babe is/was rumoured to be a runs girl that urned Ike to a philosopher. undecided

Maybe you mean an ardent follower of every Tom, Dick and Harry. That is where common sense comes in. What is the aim of a movement, identify it and stick to it. Just like religion, you really do not need any spiritual head to tell you what is good or bad. I haven’t seen that part of feminism that stops one from being good to her husband. I am yet to see just one…

Arguments like cooking food and doing chores that is common here is what two senseless people do. If Nigerians were fair to their partners, a lot of these arguments won’t come up in the first place.

I wish her well in giving her man peace. Me sef go like learn from her. grin

2 Likes

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by myami: 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2021
bukatyne:

Excuse me! What do you mean? TRP liberate us from the whims and caprices of dangerous women who go about ruining the lives of good men

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by Twice27(m): 2:06pm On Jun 18, 2021
sapphiere:
ediot my pictures was here and few Nairalanders here know me.
How is uploading my picture taking anything from me? You can't do worst than Ebenezer

I dont know u and a picture of u will say alot bout u and ur reasoning ma'am....
Make we Sabi ur Face no as u Mumu reach!!� �
Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2021
Twice27:

I dont know u and a picture of u will say alot bout u and ur reasoning ma'am....
Make we Sabi ur Face no as u Mumu reach!!� �
lalasticlala seun mynd44 justwise rule 2
Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by Susily(m): 4:12pm On Jun 18, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

I won't waste my time enlightening you if you wanna be enlightened step out of your comfort zone and see things for yourself.It was only a few days ago we saw a woman who was being pressured to drink her husband's corpse,daily we see where girls are being assaulted and raped and you think that rights mean implementation when the average Nigerian doesn't even know their rights and claim that Nigeria is a conservative society with cultures.If you don't see the cultural marginalisation of women then I have no time to waste on you.

I did not join nairaland to waste my time convincing on teaching people on feminism this is not a summit or workshop.
You can advocate for a ministry of men affairs no feminist is stopping you

Asking a woman to drink water used to bath her husband's corpse is a barbaric act and if she blatantly refused to do it, the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria will protect her

The Constitution of Nigeria is SUPREME and above any other cultural laws and there is no place in our constitution that is against women or oppressive to women.....so if a woman feels she's been oppressed culturally or otherwise, she can go to court and come out victorious

Women have legal rights in this country and they shouldn't allow anyone to subvert those rights in the name of culture or religion, and I think the aim of feminism is to enlighten other women of their rights as enshrined in the Constitution and not spread propaganda of being oppressed cos as far as the Nigerian constitution is concerned, women have as equal rights as men

By the way in your response, you refused to comment on the privileges women get like slots most organizations give them by virtue of being women and not by merit........men don't enjoy such privileges as they have to earn it, so what do you have to say about it also?? Don't you think it's unfair to the male gender since you guys preach equality

Unless feminism is no longer about equality but to dominate men

2 Likes

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 18, 2021
ImaIma1:

There's always a balance that people like Chimamanda might apply. You can't be married and carrying feminism on your head and in your home. Marriage comes with selflessness, compromise, etc.

The single feminist(maybe not all) in Nigeria think being a feminist is about being rude to men or challenging them wherever they go. Feminists that have remained married especially to Nigerian men need a balance. Or they can marry white men who don't place emphasis on respect and honour.

Besides, your example, Chimamanda can claim feminism in public, do you know how she is in her home? Does she fight to be the head? Or is she submissive when it applies?
I haven't come across any feminist who is being rude to a man or challenging men. This can only happy if the men try to shortchanged them. Hence the challenge. The challenge is a sign of speaking up.

Why the "especially to Nigerian men"? Is there any law that says Nigerian men MUST be above and not equal?

Feminism is not about fighting to be the head. It's about equal rights.
Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by GorillaApp(m): 5:30pm On Jun 18, 2021
bigtt76:
Do we not have women perpetrating such too? Or is it all men that are criminals? The online feminists generalize and accuse ALL men which is not the case. Only a fraction of men and women are criminals. We should note that and try to educate the other remaining fraction on how to be better people not stigmatized them

Good bless you and imalma1 for having a balanced view. I grew up in a home where my dad is the loving caring and hardworking type. I never saw my parents quareled for once. I'm sure they do have their differences but they kept it well from us.
I'm training my kids same way and I know lots of men like that
U guys should pray for that saphiere entity. She needs help.
She is very deluded so I try to stay away from her matter

1 Like

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:15pm On Jun 18, 2021
sapphiere:
It beats my imagination when I see some women reject the movement. Like they are so comfortable being opressed. SHM

Why are Nigerian men so so insecure? Once the hear the word "feminism" their blood get hot.

It is actually the women who are insecure.

When Nigerian men hear feminism, we only pity those women willing to be led astray. We don't get insecure. We only pity these foolish women.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by emzynuel1: 8:52pm On Jun 18, 2021
sapphiere:

Kindly define oppression
Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by emzynuel1: 8:53pm On Jun 18, 2021
sapphiere:

Do u even know whu d real feminist are
U go jux hear movement dey support am
If u are a true feminist u won't call it women rather 'womyn'
Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by FeministFools: 1:36am On Jun 19, 2021
sapphiere:
Feminism is not about fighting to be the head. It's about equal rights.

So in your tiny head your mother had equal rights with your father ?

If you foolish Feminists do not hate your grandfathers, fathers, uncles and all your male relatives but love them then you are big time hypocrites because none of these your aforementioned relatives will tolerate a feminist cantankerous unruly wife.

Se bi awon baba yin laya ni le.

Some of you "purported" feminists have grandfathers, fathers and uncles who married multiple wives into the same house and some of them even beat their wives at the slightest provocation and you all loved and tolerated them as the BOSS and now because today's men are trying to control themselves and do one man one wife , you guys are taking liberties and taking the piss by pushing your luck.

Or do you think that a mans dick was circumcised just for you alone Keep shouting feminism upandan until the hairs on your pussy turn white whilst your wiser more sensible and submissive friends get married, have grown up kids, live a fulfilled life while depression, mental illness and suicide finishes you off as all your feminist co-horts will have abandoned you in your misery to deal with their own misery. All self inflicted misery because you want to fight mother nature. You can never beat mother nature .

Today's men are doing women a favor by being monogamous or even getting married in the first place when he can get laid to someone 100 times more beautiful than your sorry asses at the drop of a hat without the drama or commitment.

What your grandfathers, fathers and uncles did not tolerate from their wive(s), you want today's men to tolerate from you ?? Not in this Nigeria. You had better relocate out of Nigeria and even at that a Naija man you meet there who is not a bastard will not tolerate your nonsense Feminism. Ko le work. Who give monkey banana.

Foolish wanking twerps.
Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by Regex: 9:37am On Jun 19, 2021
Drella:
Firstly,If you are a feminist,I can never have a thing for.

Oh God,any normal lady I will marry and will later turn to a feminist,let me not know her in the first place.Amen.

They can be so domineering and manipulative.
If you marry a nigerian feminist in the western world,she will threaten you with divorce to manipulate you.Cos if you divorce,it will be to her benefit.

God guide all men out there.

My housemate a white elderly woman, once advised me when we were having tea and a smoke. She said to me, Kelly I know you will marry sometime in the near future, you have a bright one, just listen to me. There's no right girl, make sure that girl signs a prenup. I told her she could sign the contract and still tell the court I forced her and with a drop of a tear, I am screwed. She told me, make her to get a lawyer, you also get a lawyer, also get witnesses too.

Don't ever let any woman screw you over in the name of marriage.

This is a woman who got married although her husband is late, she has refused to remarry despite the fact these white women can divorce and remarry like mad talk more of when it involves a deceased husband.

1 Like

Re: ''Feminists Avoid Me''- Mercy Eke Writes (photo) by Drella(m): 9:55am On Jun 19, 2021
Regex:

My housemate a white elderly woman, once advised me when we were having tea and a smoke. She said to me, Kelly I know you will marry sometime in the near future, you have a bright one, just listen to me. There's no right girl, make sure that girl signs a prenup. I told her she could sign the contract and still tell the court I forced her and with a drop of a tear, I am screwed. She told me, make her to get a lawyer, you also get a lawyer, also get witnesses too.

Don't ever let any woman screw you over in the name of marriage.

This is a woman who got married although her husband is late, she has refused to remarry despite the fact these white women can divorce and remarry like mad talk more of when it involves a deceased husband.

Good to hear.
At the bolded,most ladies will feel awkward by that and might want to back out knowing it can be used against them in the future.

Question

If it is signed in the prenuptial agreement that in the event of a divorce,assets won't be shared (and all of those troubles that comes with divorce will not hold).If divorce later happens,will the agreement still hold since law requires sharing of assets et al which negates the prenup.

Do you understand my question?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Fela Kuti After He Was Beaten And Hospitalized / Sinach Reacts To Playing Of Her Songs In Clubs / Excited Lady Pictured With Efe, Tboss, Kemen, Bisola, Other BBNaija ExHousemates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.