Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,776 members, 7,889,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:46 PM

Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? (19661 Views)

Is Studying Engineering Now A Scam In Nigeria / Is Studying Mass Communication A Good Choice? / Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by ibiba55(m): 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2021
Admob090:
my friend who has just been offered admission to study geology is kinda scared whether to accept it or rewrite another jamb considering the nigerian job market after graduation.

Tell your friend to go for it. There diverse jobs you can do when you study geology.
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by Euegene100001: 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2021
My guy biochemistry is hard a fvck .wirh useles lecturers
Karleb:
Let me just be blunt here.

It's a fucking waste of time and resources, same as studying biochemistry.

Funnily enough, the course is so hard.

I can bet it with you that you'll end up doing something different from that course if you study it.

My advice is you start learning that thing you would do if Geology doesn't work out. Start now o.

Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by ikllbrokehoes(m): 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2021
Drella:

But now,it is pussy you are mining undecided
We don't do that here

1 Like

Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by lokobyforch(m): 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2021
[quote author=Admob090 post=102885087]my friend who has just been offered admission to study geology is kinda scared whether to accept it or rewrite another jamb considering the nigerian job market after graduation.[/quote

GO LEARN WORK
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by Obsession4u: 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
Lol! I studied Geology but I have just signed out last month. Geology is fucking hard cry. But my best advice is he shouldn't study Geology in unilorin .

2 Likes

Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by Cnach: 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
Admob090:
my friend who has just been offered admission to study geology is kinda scared whether to accept it or rewrite another jamb considering the nigerian job market after graduation.
The truth
No, if he/she is going to sch to get employed
Yes, if he/she need to be educated.
Or let him/her take it then engage in some businesses while in sch so as to gather money n leave this country exactly after nysc
My opinion though
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by Bossman25(m): 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2021
Oga go do jamb joor. Before u turn Yahoo boy after 4 years in tetiary....

Admob090:
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by ninjalove(m): 2:12pm On Jun 20, 2021
Raychee:
I know someone who did and is a multimillionaire now cheesy

But now i don't know o
lol see advice
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by Emeka71(m): 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2021
gly2ken:
Geology is very good, but there are no much jobs in the oil and gas industry. Also note that our mining industry needs deliverance. Me I kokoma be geologist turn accountant
ICAN chartered.
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2021
It's all about Grace, I have seen someone with 2.1 Petroleum Engineering Uniport, teaching in secondary School after 5 years of graduation. He even manage to secure the teaching job after 3 years of joblessness. I have equally seen someone that read linguistics, working in one of the multinationals Oil company.

4 Likes

Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by Sleekfingers: 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2021
gly2ken:
Geology is very good, but there are no much jobs in the oil and gas industry. Also note that our mining industry needs deliverance. Me I kokoma be geologist turn accountant

geology is good.....but after graduation....kindly relocate to kenya, south africa, australia, canada, brazil......as a matter of fact, brazil dey pay better money.......even geologists from european countries they troop to brazil.......
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by Cnach: 2:14pm On Jun 20, 2021
DonKharly:
Chai I remember that year wey I like anything oil & gas, it's either pet.engine, geology or nothing else but now.......
My brother we carry better brain go study wetin no dey move for we country
Send me back to sch if no be medicine and surgery, nursing, radiography I no dey do
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by SALLYBERRY01(m): 2:14pm On Jun 20, 2021
Iykecollins:
I studied Geology in Uniben, was among the best students but practing something different and loving. Thank God for Internet and digital marketing. You can add me on WhatsApp to learn how to start making money even as a Student which I never had the opportunity to learn in my time.

See signature for my whatsapp no.

For free
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by Siberry: 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2021
Go and study anything in computing please.
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by seunla84: 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2021
Uyi168:
Before, yes..
But now, no.
Our oil don dey dry up small small.
And we nor get mining sector..
On the contrary, Mining sector in Nigeria is fast picking up. You can make your findings.
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2021
soul2:
You better no try am, goelogist are the most useless in this kind country. I am a living example bro.
Lol.... Guy, you harsh.
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by stankoff: 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2021
Its a personal choice anyway.
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by Euegene100001: 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2021
Gbam
Mckeni007:
If your parents are no a senator, governor, senior lawyers, minister, commissioner, chairman, business Mogul etc, don't study these courses:
Political science
Theater Arts
Sociology
History and diplomacy
Philosophy
Geography and Environmental Management
Geology
Religious Studies
Office Information Management
Peace and Conflicts
Physics
Science
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by Danking1: 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
Am a geologist an am currently working in my field of study so just pray and get God's direction towards that. God bless u
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by Raychee(f): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2021
ninjalove:
lol see advice

You know the world is changing na
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by Creeknigga(m): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2021
Wetegik578:
Good one
Scammer!!!!
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by Lordkratus(m): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2021
ben1daEbiri:

Petroleum Engineering is shi.t
He's better off with geology/Geophysics. There are little to no jobs in the oil industry. PE is too streamlined,I'll never advise anyone to study PE as a first degree. I'm studying PE and in my finals and I know better now,wish I had someone to put me through earlier on.

I repeat PE as first degree is a trap!!!
you have not applied for jobs yet that is why you have this opinion , graduate and start applying . Your opinion will change
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by oyejideogunjumo: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2021
Admob090:
In this side of the world, no course is absolutely good or bad, depending on many factors particularly your personal ability.
The aim of University Education is to prepare one for life.
More than 50 percent workers don't eat with what they study .
I learnt that Dele Momodu studied Yoruba.
Take it for now, at least to leave home.
When you get to the four corners of the University you will understand better so you can decide to write another Jamb or continue with it.
Even if you change course later no knowledge is waste. You may not know when the little knowledge will be useful.
If you stay at home to write JAMB later you may not get up to that point again.
You don't know tomorrow.
Anything can happen.
A bird at hand worths ten in the bush.
My own opinion though.
God bless you in whatever you decide

4 Likes

Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by na2016: 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2021
Admob090:

From your choice here, I assume you are good to some extent in maths. Hence, I will suggest instead of this Geology, tell your friend or you to read Civil or Electrical/Electronic Engineering. But if you know biology and have the needed funds, go for Medicine or Nursing.

1 Like

Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by deadsea: 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2021
Admob090:

Do a masters degree in GIS immediately after NYSV. Thank me later.
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by wunmi590(m): 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
Indispensable85:

Your last sentence is the real deal.

cool

1 Like

Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by adewad13(m): 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2021
Iykecollins:
I studied Geology in Uniben, was among the best students but practing something different and loving. Thank God for Internet and digital marketing. You can add me on WhatsApp to learn how to start making money even as a Student which I never had the opportunity to learn in my time.

See signature for my whatsapp no.

Can i message you as well
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by Guyman02: 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
omokab:
pls don't let anybody deceive you. Geology is a very good course.Im working presently with an environmental agency as an accountant. All the geologist in our organization were giving level 9 and most of them usually considered as a state and zonal head. There are a lot of places geologist can work
It's like you didn't watch Buhari's interview that there are no jobs in Government. The focus here is private sector opportunities for geologists
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by raustin560(m): 2:46pm On Jun 20, 2021
Geological Sciences is a very nice course. As a geologist,I dey lucky to get job in my school as a technologist
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by Benson616(m): 2:46pm On Jun 20, 2021
brother geology is a very nice course I studied geology and mining, but you no the situation of our country no jobs,, not even geology other courses u find it difficult to get a job. but with God's grace nothing is impossible, go ahead and accept ur admission.
Re: Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? by Samcent: 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2021
Mckeni007:
If your parents are no a senator, governor, senior lawyers, minister, commissioner, chairman, business Mogul etc, don't study these courses:
Political science
Theater Arts
Sociology
History and diplomacy
Philosophy
Geography and Environmental Management
Geology
Religious Studies
Office Information Management
Peace and Conflicts
Physics
Science

Please, add Microbiology to this list.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Closure Of Sachet Water Firms In Kano: 2m Youths To Lose Jobs / Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? / 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.