Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,417 members, 7,881,533 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:42 PM

Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? (25587 Views)

Mexican Wedding Guests Running For Their Lives After Fireworks Caused Huge Fire / Couple Holds Wedding Reception At A Backyard With 7 Guests In Port Harcourt / Generator Fumes Kill 15 Wedding Guests In Imo, Another 17 Unconscious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Skyfornia(m): 8:24pm On Jun 23, 2021
There are plenty wedding vendors that handles such...atleast I personally know of 2.
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by b3llo(m): 8:26pm On Jun 23, 2021
Na whitey dey do that kind thing
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by emmykk(m): 8:26pm On Jun 23, 2021
Blixon:
Is it possible to hire guests for a wedding in Nigeria? I’m just curious. So please don’t attack me.
I have always dreamed of having a wedding that I would be proud of. AKA posh wedding. Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of friends or know many big people and the few people I even know at all are not really posh looking (this is not an insult); what I mean is, you know, these broke guys kind of friends that you have to pay their transport back when they even manage to visit you.

So I have this question: is it possible to hire posh grooms men and a couple of posh guests (including white men and women and money sprayers to act as friends) to pose at a wedding in Nigeria?
I have read it is possible in the USA or other countries. Has anyone come across this in Nigeria?

I am seriously bewildered at this your thinking...first treat malaria first

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by emmykk(m): 8:27pm On Jun 23, 2021
W
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by motymop: 8:28pm On Jun 23, 2021
Scam marriage loading for immigration purpose.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by lexy2014: 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
Blixon:
I honestly thought I would find more mature comments in the family section.

Is ur plan/idea mature?
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by 24SEVEN: 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
Blixon:
I honestly thought I would find more mature comments in the family section.

The smartest Nairalanders are in Politics section.

As per your post, Everything can happen. With proper arrangement even the devil can meet with God.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
As long as your wedding is expensive with lots of food and drink you wouldn’t have to hire anybody. Just put the IV on social media, invite the few people you know and watch them multiply like bread and fish from Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by ajealadick(m): 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
You have a low self-esteem. If I know anyone as your friend I will tell them that you have a poor mentality

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by ednut1(m): 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
This is the most stupid thing I have ever read

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Elock1: 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
Come and Rent me na 50k I dy charge and I fine die and swag opor cheesy
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Deo1986(m): 8:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
If you need a crowd in any of your events, join a church, club or something. My APC members graces my events.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by wpadmin: 8:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
sisisioge:

Yes, I used to work as an event hostess for an event hosting company called "Eventful" here in Lagos. Once you tell them your requirement,they will match you with good groomsmen and bridesmaids. They supply the dresses,hairdos and makeup for the candidates you want. In fact, they would match your human requirement too for those that want specifics. Eg, you are a chubby babe and do not want skinny tall girls for bridesmaids so you can be picturesque or you are fair and do not want a mixture of skin colours. I have done bridemaid for people I dont know before....they know how to bring your idea to life. The difference between drag and dash is just a few brushes and drapes. This will cost you money though cos I used to earn between 8k to 15k per day then depending on the location and I'm sure that's a small fraction of what they charge cos they own all the glits.

If you ask me though, I would say its not worth it....but this is you and not me. Good luck with everything. May God make your prospective spouse your true friend.

Best reply of the thread

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by blasterman(m): 8:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
Blixon:
Is it possible to hire guests for a wedding in Nigeria? I’m just curious. So please don’t attack me.
I have always dreamed of having a wedding that I would be proud of. AKA posh wedding. Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of friends or know many big people and the few people I even know at all are not really posh looking (this is not an insult); what I mean is, you know, these broke guys kind of friends that you have to pay their transport back when they even manage to visit you.

So I have this question: is it possible to hire posh grooms men and a couple of posh guests (including white men and women and money sprayers to act as friends) to pose at a wedding in Nigeria?
I have read it is possible in the USA or other countries. Has anyone come across this in Nigeria?

Nothing that person no go see

u wan invite oyinbo join

Is this a case of too much money and no common sense?

Go church, mosque,Clubs etc and broadcast that you have wedding and ppl will rush.
PPl like Free food and shayo especially in Lagos

Wehn u say Posh are u going to do posh asoebi and call Wizkid/Davido too?

Trust me if u advertise on your Wedding Invite that these so called stars are coming im sure u will have a lot of guests.
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Ashirioluwa: 8:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
Too much WEED in the system will make one to ask too much unnecessary questions.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 23, 2021
Borderline inferiority complex

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by inokia: 8:32pm On Jun 23, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin op, are you in dream land? cheesy
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by harmony75: 8:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
Orishirishi something if it were the celebrities naw you will yabba them see fake life only shows how immature one is in this hard times what you're thinking is to be deceiving yourself ehnn! You don't go to church too or mosque?! What happened to these places.
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Asour: 8:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
Of course it is. Movie producers do it all the time.

The question should be is it more expensive /rewarding to invite your 'broke' friend than it is to PAY hired guests to your wedding?

Also add the (graphic design) cost of blurring out the faces of your guests at the wedding too. Assuming it takes more effort from the photographer than it would otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by uuzba(m): 8:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
mutter:
Join a church then invite the church members
Seriously, this OP is SICK
You are totally ashamed of the friends that you have?
You now want to buy fine looking friends for your wedding?
F*ck You!!!

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by yommyoke: 8:35pm On Jun 23, 2021
if it's like you want crowd, just announce it that there will be raffle draw and the winner goes home with Benz. with this, even Nigeria won't be able to contain your wedding guests.
but if it's a unique wedding, only esteemed members of the society... ehm, I have no idea how you will do that, cos even if you want to rent or hire them, they won't come, shey na money you wan use tame them or what!

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 23, 2021
24SEVEN:

The smartest Nairalanders are in Politics section.

As per your post, Everything can happen. With proper arrangement even the devil can meet with God.

When last did you visit there? We have some real morons there too lol. The smartest people on this forum tend to be in the sections with less traffic like business, investment, literature and the sciences.

Anyway I guess you’re right that what OP is asking is possible but not wise to me. For one consider the embarrassment when word gets out (and it will) that your wedding had a rented crowd. Secondly a wedding should be an intimate affair, one of the biggest events in your life. Why anyone would want to share that moment with complete strangers is beyond me. Share it with your real friends and family even if they are just 10. You get to spend less money that way sef.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Naustine(m): 8:38pm On Jun 23, 2021
How many people u won hire? And whoats ur budget?/ leave the rest for me... But no expect people wey go spray u money o, just give us food and drinks olis souvenirs
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Keizzmann(m): 8:38pm On Jun 23, 2021
All previous comments are funny lol

On a serious note, i think you shouldn't be so critical of your people. You've hung out with them for so long to let your anxiety of an event make you resentful of them.

It's really good to be surrounded by loving people on a day of joy than fake folks you paid,no matter how rowdy your people are.

You choice though, if it makes you happy
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Shutup1st(f): 8:38pm On Jun 23, 2021
Yes.... In our Nollywood movies
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Carlyboi(m): 8:39pm On Jun 23, 2021
This is straight out of wedding ringer’s playbook starring Kevin hart lol!if this story is true tho the only difference is you’re not trying to hire just the groomsmen but everybody friends and guest!Wish you luck in your grandiose course!

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by greatiyk4u(m): 8:40pm On Jun 23, 2021
Richy4:
If they can rent protesters to demonstrate , why can't it be done in weddings. every thing is about money...
Time shall come when mourners will be rented too... the ones that cry in different scenario ... Eg The ones that can Mourn European kind of mourning like using handkerchief to wipe tears or hugging it out , Or Local kind of mourning like rolling on the floor.. depending on class and status in society smiley,..

As for your wedding, do not worry OP...Your money will speak for you when the time comes... u don't need to rent anyone if you have the money.. wedding crashers will be there for you... Also if you want crowd on your wedding reception and you do not need gift or anything in return, Just do your reception in a university hall... I tell you, your food/drink will not be enough... Our neighbor once hosted his wedding reception in one of Nigerian tertiary institution... I tell you, the students living in the hostel dressed for the occasion.... They ate and drank...after eating, they left immediately like someone was pursuing them.... no gift nothing grin

APAMS get mourners plenty oooo
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by GeneralPula: 8:41pm On Jun 23, 2021
Kosoco:
DP ASAP let's plan it... Got 30girls and 19 cool dudes for the Job.... D matter is can you afford it. And location too...... I use them mostly for political events. They re smart and cultured.....

Omor..

Nothing wey people no dey do oo

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by splashbaby(m): 8:41pm On Jun 23, 2021
The worst possible way to start a wedding. Falsehood doesn’t pay
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Commotfornigeri: 8:42pm On Jun 23, 2021
Blixon:

Post it on twitter, people go full the place.
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by evil1: 8:43pm On Jun 23, 2021
The money to rent why not just give the already friends you have. it will save cost plus ur mans money

Na people like you dem dey avoid to ask something or help

Blixon:

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by OBALOLA55(m): 8:43pm On Jun 23, 2021
faithfull18:
[s]Lol grin let me laugh first. Anything is possible in this world[/s].
EVERY EVIL THING IS POSSIBLE IN NIGERIA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Professional Certification For Event Planners / A Nairalander Emmanuel Of Vocalwall Got Married Yesterday (see Photos) / Check Out Photos From The 2017 Cultural Carnival In Calabar.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.