Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,959 members, 7,915,818 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:49 AM

This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] (6525 Views)

Watch Your Tongue Or We’ll Expose Your ‘ugly’ Past, Labour Party Warns Shettima / A Tree Can Actually Make A Forest! (pics) / Aisha Buhari: ‘we’re Ready To Expose Your Families’ – Presidency Warns PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

Oga, don't argue what you know nothing about, this is not beer parlour IT gist.

At your age you still don't know some malwares run on "stealth mode" meaning it CANNOT be detected by an Anti-Virus...You can Google that too cuz I don't have time to waste on stark illiterates

Many ingorant people on nairaland claiming IT guru.

How is that the fault of VPN?
Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by KingOfAmebo(m): 5:47pm On Jun 26, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

How is that the fault of VPN?

2 Likes

Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2021
[quote author=KingOfAmebo post=103118299][/quote]

Your thread is 'how VPN can expose your bank data' all you did was advertise the need for anti virus protection!
I doubt you even understand how VPN works or it's purpose!
Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by wirinet(m): 5:53pm On Jun 26, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

Do a search on spywares and get informed, this is not about granting permissions to the app...this is done from the backdoor, a compromised app can steal your data wether or not you grant it permission...

why are people so bent on been ignorant even after enlightening them?

Keep downloading any app you come across, las las you go fall victim to hackers as una no one hear word.
Half truth. Spyware can be bonded to any software, file or even email. Just one click and the spyware would install discretely and be sending info to the owner.

Paid VPN cannot come with spywares as it would damage the reputation of the vendor. That problem will be found in only free VPNs and softwares.

1 Like

Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by KingOfAmebo(m): 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2021
wirinet:

Half truth. Spyware can be bonded to any software, file or even email. Just one click and the spyware would install discretely and be sending info to the owner.

Paid VPN cannot come with spywares as it would damage the reputation of the vendor. That problem will be found in only free VPNs and softwares.

Half truth, a lot of Nigerians don't pay for services hence they download free VPN and ultimately become victims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by KingOfAmebo(m): 6:02pm On Jun 26, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Your thread is 'how VPN can expose your bank data' all you did was advertise the need for anti virus protection!
I doubt you even understand how VPN works or it's purpose!

2 Likes

Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:03pm On Jun 26, 2021
[quote author=KingOfAmebo post=103118703][/quote]

When you realize Malami uses VPN while they send you dummies to make a fool of yourselves
Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by Mangekyo: 8:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
Op you're a dundi. Keep your stupid opinion to yourself. If you're looking for an excuse to give that'll make us stop using VPN, you best put a stop to it because you'll just end up wasting your time. VPN doesn't disclose your bank details, only fools believe that. We will continue to use VPN, make he pain your skull well well undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by Trizyd(m): 11:01pm On Jun 26, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

read the bolded again...I don't understand what you mean, what are you even saying self?

In trying to justify your ignorance you still sound confused...

YOU NEED A VPN APP OR SOFTWARE TO ACCESS VPN ON MOBILE DEVICES OR PC, YOU CAN ALSO GET A VPN VIA A PRE-INSTALLED BROWSER BOTH OF WHICH CAN BE COMPROMISED, EITHER WAYS YOU STILL NEED TO INSTALL THE VPN BROWSER, APP OR SOFTWARE ON YOUR DEVICE WHICH CAN BE COMPROMISED BY THE DEVELOPERS AFTER BINDING IT WITH A SPYWARE.

I can't believe I have to type this in capitals hoping you would still get my point.

Chai! The hate for government don blind plenty people eye and sense ooo.
Do you even know how VPN works? You sound ignorant. YOU DON'T EVEN NEED A APP OR SOFTWARE ON A PC OR MOBILE PHONE TO GET A VPN UP AND RUNNING. A VPN IS BASICALLY A NETWORK SETTINGS. You can add a VPN on your mobile device without even downloading an app if you can configure it yourself, it is always at network settings. The VPN apps are just to make your life easier.
Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by jmoore(m): 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2021
Olodo op!!!
When you follow Lai Mohammed, you can never be intelligent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by Godswillu(m): 12:13am On Jun 27, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

Half truth, a lot of Nigerians don't pay for services hence they download free VPN and ultimately become victims.

So you are not telling the full truth.
Because from your topic you are trying to make most people believe that the use of VPN is bad.
Most people working from home use VPN to work.
Please change the topic to how Free VPN can .....
Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by peppermint7(m): 1:49am On Jun 27, 2021
Omoh a just de go through all your replies. Boss man you just de talk shit.
Rest.
IT guru

1 Like

Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by phemmyfour: 6:01am On Jun 27, 2021
KingOfAmebo:
Nigeria’s Minister of Information and Culture revealed in a press conference recently that Nigerians using VPNs to bypass the popular Twitter ban in Nigeria are risking getting themselves exposed. “My advice to anybody using vpn is to stop it because when you use vpn, it exposes your entire data, including your bank account,” he said. “I am serious. So, if you’re using VPN and you think you’re hurting Lai Mohammed, you are hurting yourself,” he concluded.

As usual the minister got alot of bashing from Nigerians especially the youths who were supposed to be more informed than the old minister.

Can VPN really expose your data?

Absolutely.

But How?

I am sure alot of you have heard of spywares, If not please google it, a spyware can be "binded" to an original software or app without notice, the creators of that app or software can now spy on your activity on any device.

Ever wondered how some hackers get sms sent from your bank when using your debit card online? Before you complete a transaction a code is sent to the your registered number for authorization, since the hacker has access your device via the spyware he will see the code and even delete it immediately to avoid suspicion (this is done remotely)

With the rate at which Nigerians jump at downloading any app or software in the name of VPN they may have downloaded one that is binded with a spyware.

So, the old famous Lia Muhammad is 100% right on this one.

Lai Muhammed NL profile:

Time registered: February 09, 2016

Time spent online: 1 month & 18 days

Signature: decipher my words with caution cuz I spit fire when I speak.

Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by MansoryMX(m): 6:07am On Jun 27, 2021
KingOfAmebo:
Nigeria’s Minister of Information and Culture revealed in a press conference recently that Nigerians using VPNs to bypass the popular Twitter ban in Nigeria are risking getting themselves exposed. “My advice to anybody using vpn is to stop it because when you use vpn, it exposes your entire data, including your bank account,” he said. “I am serious. So, if you’re using VPN and you think you’re hurting Lai Mohammed, you are hurting yourself,” he concluded.

As usual the minister got alot of bashing from Nigerians especially the youths who were supposed to be more informed than the old minister.

Can VPN really expose your data?

Absolutely.

But How?

I am sure alot of you have heard of spywares, If not please google it, a spyware can be "binded" to an original software or app without notice, the creators of that app or software can now spy on your activity on any device.

Ever wondered how some hackers get sms sent from your bank when using your debit card online? Before you complete a transaction a code is sent to the your registered number for authorization, since the hacker has access your device via the spyware he will see the code and even delete it immediately to avoid suspicion (this is done remotely)

With the rate at which Nigerians jump at downloading any app or software in the name of VPN they may have downloaded one that is binded with a spyware.

So, the old famous Lia Muhammad is 100% right on this one.

Between you and Lia Mohammed I don’t even know who is more foolish!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by seborrhic: 6:17am On Jun 27, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

If you have to take tech advice from a grandfather then that's on you!
You should qualify Lai Muhammed by saying archaic grandfather.
Millions of grandfathers have more sense than that man.
Between him and the cattle rearer in aso rock,I wonder who makes me more horrible and nauseated whenever I hear or even see them in pictures.
So much crap,hypocrisy,lies and dumbness from 2 individuals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by Lanretoye(m): 6:17am On Jun 27, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

A simple google search on spywares can save you this level of ignorance.
they didnt force anyone to download their app.
Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by KingOfAmebo(m): 7:44am On Jun 27, 2021
Godswillu:

So you are not telling the full truth.
Because from your topic you are trying to make most people believe that the use of VPN is bad.
Most people working from home use VPN to work.
Please change the topic to how Free VPN can .....

Just listen to yourself, how old are you? So to you free VPN is different from paid VPN and they function differently...where exactly in my post did I say all VPN are bad or you can't read?

Read my post again, read it slowing this time, once in the morning and twice at night before you go to bed maybe after reading it for one month you will understand what I said.

1 Like

Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by KingOfAmebo(m): 7:56am On Jun 27, 2021
MansoryMX:

Between you and Lia Mohammed I don’t even know who is more foolish!

Old Lai Mohammed is more sensible and more informed than most youths like you, instead of doing a simple google search all you do all day is come on nairaland and be displaying your only talent which is to insult your family, apart from insulting people what else do you have in your empty skull? NOTHING.

Next time you mention my post come with proof to dispute my claim.

How can you find proof when you can't even use google?

1 Like

Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by KingOfAmebo(m): 7:58am On Jun 27, 2021
phemmyfour:
Lai Muhammed NL profile:

Time registered: February 09, 2016

Time spent online: 1 month & 18 days

Signature: decipher my words with caution cuz I spit fire when I speak.

Ode, keep decieving yourself, instead of using the time in masturbating on my profile to conducting a simple google search, you are here displaying your stupidity.

Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by KingOfAmebo(m): 8:14am On Jun 27, 2021
Trizyd:

Do you even know how VPN works? You sound ignorant. YOU DON'T EVEN NEED A APP OR SOFTWARE ON A PC OR MOBILE PHONE TO GET A VPN UP AND RUNNING. A VPN IS BASICALLY A NETWORK SETTINGS. You can add a VPN on your mobile device without even downloading an app if you can configure it yourself, it is always at network settings. [b]The VPN apps are just to make your life easier.[b]

Read the trash you typed up there and then re-read my post and see if you made any sense.

How many people do you think have the time and knowledge to configure the VPN settings on their phone? If it's that simple to configure then of what use are the APPs or Softwares?

You lack comprehension and as such you couldn't understand I was referring to VPN CLIENTS (APP AND SOFTWARE) AS MENTIONED IN MY POST WHICH IS THE COMMON AND MOST POPULAR WAY PEOPLE CONNECT TO VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORKS.

My post is actually about ignorant people like you.

1 Like

Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by Trizyd(m): 8:27am On Jun 27, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

Read the trash you typed up there and then re-read my post and see if you made any sense.

How many people do you think have the time and knowledge to configure the VPN settings on their phone? If it's that simple to configure then of what use are the APPs or Softwares?

You lack comprehension and as such you couldn't understand I was referring to VPN CLIENTS (APP AND SOFTWARE) AS MENTIONED IN MY POST WHICH IS THE COMMON AND MOST POPULAR WAY PEOPLE CONNECT TO VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORKS.

My post is actually about ignorant people like you.

You are getting emotional boy. I was only going after what you said which was wrong. Your post says a VPN is bad which is very wrong. And you said "YOU NEED A VPN APP OR SOFTWARE TO ACCESS VPN ON MOBILE DEVICES OR PC, YOU CAN ALSO GET A VPN VIA A PRE-INSTALLED BROWSER BOTH OF WHICH CAN BE COMPROMISED" A statement that is wrong, unless you don't understand the English you typing or I'm just talking to a plain dumbo. You seem not to have an idea of what you type, you probably don't think before you do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by KingOfAmebo(m): 8:42am On Jun 27, 2021
Trizyd:

You are getting emotional boy. I was only going after what you said which was wrong. Your post says a VPN is bad which is very wrong. And you said "YOU NEED A VPN APP OR SOFTWARE TO ACCESS VPN ON MOBILE DEVICES OR PC, YOU CAN ALSO GET A VPN VIA A PRE-INSTALLED BROWSER BOTH OF WHICH CAN BE COMPROMISED" A statement that is wrong, unless you don't understand the English you typing or I'm just talking to a plain dumbo. You seem not to have an idea of what you type, you probably don't think before you do.

Chai! Your foolishness is legendary, you had to copy my reply to someone I was passing a message to based on what he was talking about. You are even so dumb to know I was talking about connecting using the listed options and not going through settings on your phone or PC. Do you know the meaning of quoting someone out of context? Maybe you skipped school or lessons or plain daft to understand what that means.

Go back to my original post if you are sensible enough to understand it is not about HOW TO CONNECT TO VPN but ABOUT FALLING VICTIM TO SPYWARE IF YOU DOWNLOAD APPS OR SOFTWARE.

You are just irredeemably stupid, 90 days fasting cannot cure your sickness, as a matter of fact the only thing remaining in your empty skull is NOTHING.

1 Like

Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by Maxcollins042(m): 8:47am On Jun 27, 2021
To avoid having a spyware on your mobile device, download apps on Google's Playstore. It is a home for safe and secure apps. The truth is that malware can be attached to any software. Especially those purveyed on unreliable sites.
Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by authority2006(m): 9:11am On Jun 27, 2021
Mikecold:
Trash

Lai Mohamed Emefiele and cbn are stealing our money directly from our bank account without vpn
Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by authority2006(m): 9:16am On Jun 27, 2021
HisSexcellency:
This is just a dumb attempt to justify what Mr lai mohammed said.
Virtually all apps require some form of permission to access and use some features on your phone/device in order to function optimally. Even facebook, Twitter, whatsapp, truecaller, snapchat, etc requires access to your storage, location, camera, contacts, edit/modify features on your phone.

So,, when you grant these apps permissions, do you what the people behind those apps are doing with your data? And you can't put Google apps, Facebook and others in these same category with many of those VPN apps. I'm guilty too but we have to be careful so that we don't end up hurting ourselves financially just because we hate Lai Mohammed
Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by authority2006(m): 9:23am On Jun 27, 2021
persius555:
Android permission security features doesn't allow third party app access it's file directory without the user directly giving authorization not to talk of remote access.

Only rooted phones are prone to such attacks. All release of android flavour adhere to this. Spywares are totally banned in Google play store and developers adhere to these.

The only way to smuggle in a spyware will be via APKs, which would still require user permissions for installation

How do you install vpn app without granting permission? What if the spywares are already imbeded in it as that's the normal and usual method?

mrvitalis:

Which app don't ask for this things ...name 5 popular apps that don't ?

You grant them the permissions based on the level of trust you have in them. How well do you know and trust the particular vpn you are using? That's what makes the difference
Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by dometome: 10:09am On Jun 27, 2021
All these propaganda is to try to stop you from using Twitter.
Re: This Is How A VPN Can Actually Expose Your Bank Data [PHOTOS] by Godswillu(m): 3:51am On Jun 28, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

Just listen to yourself, how old are you? So to you free VPN is different from paid VPN and they function differently...where exactly in my post did I say all VPN are bad or you can't read?

Read my post again, read it slowing this time, once in the morning and twice at night before you go to bed maybe after reading it for one month you will understand what I said.

My point is for you to admit that some VPN are secure and you did that by saying where exactly in my post did I say all VPN are bad So why try and stop people from using VPN? Why not encourage people to use secure VPN.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos, Expect More Igbo Businesses Soon. / Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? / Situation Room: Anti Buhari Pro Biafra Protest Commence In Enugu-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.