Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:05 AM

Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption (5449 Views)

Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. / Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Secure Nigeria, Fight Corruption - Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by strangest(m): 2:52pm On May 09, 2011
AFGHANISTAN shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked THE PAY PACKAGE MUST BE GOOD grin grin grin grin grin grin,
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by bisiaet: 2:56pm On May 09, 2011
In Afghanistan to fight corruption I guess something is missing here I refuse to beleive the news yet it sound weird and strange.

Ribadu to fight corruption in Afghanistan under UN? So Funny!!!!!!!
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by ufumes(m): 2:59pm On May 09, 2011
plan b activated.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by kholis(m): 3:02pm On May 09, 2011
Guyz please stop attacking the Mallam. The PDP-led govt which employed Ribadu as EFCC boss used its backward system to ensure he was unsuccessful. Despite that , he still made himself relevant to a reasonable extent. He would not have been even noticed by UN if he was that bad. Please let the Mallam be.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by bdman: 3:23pm On May 09, 2011
he should becareful those afghanistan they can blown up anybody includind their self
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by md4real(m): 3:29pm On May 09, 2011
i wish him bomb free return
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Gbawe: 3:35pm On May 09, 2011
bisiaet:

In Afghanistan to fight corruption I guess something is missing here I refuse to beleive the news yet it sound weird and strange.

Ribadu to fight corruption in Afghanistan under UN? So Funny!!!!!!!

The job was offered to him before the elections. Ribadu declined it back then because he wanted to "serve his nation".

In any case , this is proof , in anyone needed it , that the man is driven by the passion to do good and provide his services where most needed. A very profitable alternative would have been for Ribadu to be consultant of choice to the many companies operating or wanting to operate in Africa. Ribadu , as one of the top voices of anti-corruption in Africa, would make a fortune if engaged in the private sector !!! Yet he gets involved in Afghanistan because he believes that preventing the Country from failing is personally more rewarding than vast amounts of money in the bank.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Gbawe: 3:44pm On May 09, 2011
@bisiaet.

It is actually confirmed by transparencyNg.

http://www.transparencyng.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4268:ribadu-moves-on-in-afghanistan-on-un-job-&catid=72:international&Itemid=86

Ribadu moves on, in Afghanistan on UN job
PostDateIcon Monday, 09 May 2011 08:14 | PostAuthorIcon Author: TransparencyNG | Print E-mail

The presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, has commenced a three-week country governance audit of Afghanistan as part of a six-man international monitoring team set up by the United Nations under the “Afghanistan Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee.”

Ribadu, a former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), left Nigeria for Afghanistan last Tuesday, May 3; joined five other team members in Dubai; and traveled into Kabul at the weekend where they are expected to fine-tune the strategy of curbing corruption in the troubled country.

The committee’s duties, according to briefing papers from the Department of Foreign International Development, DFID, and the United Nations Development Programme office, include a review of the social, political, economic and cultural conditions giving life to corruption in the country, which they tag “drivers of corruption,” and a sustainable proposal on how to curb the crime and moral ill that has ravaged the image and international standing of the conflict ridden country.

The monitoring team, according to its mandate, is also expected to propose ways of ensuring that international aid and development financing to Afghanistan meets with the country’s “national priorities.”

Afghanistan (ranked 176th) is the third most corrupt country, with a CPI (corruption perception index) of 1.4 according to Transparency International, with only Somalia (178) and Myanmar (176) ranked worst. Nigeria is ranked 134 with a CPI of 2.4 among the 178 countries ranked

Members of the committee who were appointed late last year commenced work on April 21 with a teleconference on the task at hand and how to achieve their mission.

The monitoring and evaluation is expected to help the Afghanistan government in its fight against corruption and also guide the international community on how best to relate with the country.

Though the committee is expected to complete its work in two years, media aide to Mallam Ribadu, Ibrahim Modibbo, said that the task will not affect Mr. Ribadu’s national priorities and his continued commitment to the growth and development of Nigeria.

“It is Mr. Ribadu contribution to the global fight against corruption that has gotten him this recognition. This will however not deter him from playing his roles as a responsible citizen and political leader in our country.”

“You know, his party, the ACN, controls six states and Mr. Ribadu will do all he can to ensure that the governors of those six states bring the dividends of democracy to their people in order to let Nigerians know that the ACN is the best party to rule the country” he added.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Parnassuss(m): 3:45pm On May 09, 2011
Gbawe:

The job was offered to him before the elections. Ribadu declined it back then because he wanted to "serve his nation".

In any case , this is proof , in anyone needed it , that the man is driven by the passion to do good and provide his services where most needed. A very profitable alternative would have been for Ribadu to be consultant of choice to the many companies operating or wanting to operate in Africa. Ribadu , as one of the top voices of anti-corruption in Africa, would make a fortune if engaged in the private sector !!! Yet he gets involved in Afghanistan because he believes that prevent the Country from failing is personally more rewarding than vast amounts of money in the bank.

Ribadu is the point man. I supported Buhari during the elections because I thought he stood a fighting chance against the PDP but ideally Ribadu is the best man(save Pat Utomi) who ran for President.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Gbawe: 3:48pm On May 09, 2011
kholis:

Guyz please stop attacking the Mallam. The PDP-led govt which employed Ribadu as EFCC boss used its backward system to ensure he was unsuccessful. Despite that , he still made himself relevant to a reasonable extent. He would not have been even noticed by UN if he was that bad. Please let the Mallam be.  

Abi . At least the man does not like being idle and jobless like Atiku and co who are 'busy' travelling the world shopping and living lavishly only to show up in 4 years time wanting to lead Nigeria.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by seanet02: 3:52pm On May 09, 2011
ACN Candidate!! PDP man is languishing in Jail in Britain
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Gbawe: 4:11pm On May 09, 2011
seanet02:

ACN Candidate!! PDP man is languishing in Jail in Britain

Abi OOO. Ibori who used to work in a UK DIY store (B&Q) went from that , criminal record and all, to be installed as a Governor !!! Yet Ribadu steps into a very important job of ensuring judicious usage of money that may help develop a sovereign State and some folks are here , as usual, with their cretinous reasoning . The macabre joke is on some Nigerians and their warped values added to the unhealthy bad belle they carry around like heavy baggage.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Lagosboy: 4:19pm On May 09, 2011
Gbawe:

In any case , this is proof , in anyone needed it , that the man is driven by the passion to do good and provide his services where most needed. A very profitable alternative would have been for Ribadu to be consultant of choice to the many companies operating or wanting to operate in Africa. Ribadu , as one of the top voices of anti-corruption in Africa, would make a fortune if engaged in the private sector !!! Yet he gets involved in Afghanistan because he believes that preventing the Country from failing is personally more rewarding than vast amounts of money in the bank.

I wish Ribadu well in his new job but never assume this notion of anyone , sometimes what seems apparent is not really what it is. We dont know how much he would be paid by the UN . Everyone likes a degree of wealth and comfort and Ribadu is no exception. I can never vouch for any Nigerian politican in terms of financial dealings except two men which is the late Gani (may blessings be on his soul ) and Buhari.

Ribadu has been asked to help with Afghanistan as far back as when he was still in the EFCC, he was also asked to lecture people in Iraq as far back as 2007 while he was still the EFCC boss, kudos to him. Good luck to him in his new job.

n.b got ur mail wud reply in a bit wink
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by collinsJn(m): 4:21pm On May 09, 2011
As Much As Am Hapi 4 Ribadu bin On d List as One Of d Envoys,but Why Afghanistan Of All Places,where a Total Of 25 Diff Cases Of Violence 're Bin Recorded Every day, I Rather Stay In Nigeria Here and Bring dose Ideas 2 My Nation.       Mr Ribadu,U MUST Learn Hw 2 PRAY Very Well 4 Ur Dear Lyf. Congrats All d Same,but Plz Bear In Mind dat I ABOVE All Tins Want U 2 Come Back 2 Mother Land Land, Hail and Healthy wen U 're 2tru wit Ur Mission.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by collinsJn(m): 4:26pm On May 09, 2011
Mr Ribadu, U Don Wanna Go Down Dere,cos Dey 're SHOOTERS,BOMB THROWERS,MASS SHOOTINGS,KIDNAPPINGS,BY D TALIBAN And AL-QALDA MEMBERS Down Dere.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by collinsJn(m): 4:27pm On May 09, 2011
Mr Ribadu, U Don Wanna Go Down Dere,cos Dey 're SHOOTERS,BOMB THROWERS,MASS SHOOTINGS,KIDNAPPINGS,BY D TALIBAN And AL-QALDA MEMBERS Down Dere.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by rajiade: 4:28pm On May 09, 2011
its quite obvious that other country appreciates our brains if we don't. no body is a saint  and no one can satisfy his fellow human, all u could do is your best which i think ribadu has done. appreciating his efforts is now our own problem. i wish him luck in is career pursuit. we are proud of uuuuuuuuuuuu.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by nattyspice: 4:32pm On May 09, 2011
Goodluck to mallam Ribadu.May you come back wiser and stronger in anticipation of 2015
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 09, 2011
I wish him the best.

This a job that would put food on the table.

I hope he stays safe - Afghanistan is a war zone.

We should be asking ourselves, if UN is providing Afghanistan an Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee what of Nigeria?

There is nowhere NIgeria is not the most corrupt country in the world - even simple elections could not be held with out rigging.

Corruption cannot even allow us to have constant electricity - I can bet you that 95% of those countries supposedly more corrupt than NIgeria, are able to at least provide electricity and clean water for their population.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Mynd44: 4:54pm On May 09, 2011
Good for him
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Gbawe: 5:10pm On May 09, 2011
collins Jn:

The UN spares no expense to keep its staff safe and secure - even in the most war torn Countries. Ribadu will be fine . He is probably as safe as Hamid Karzai .
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:03pm On May 09, 2011
Gbawe:

The UN spares no expense to keep its staff safe and secure - even in the most war torn Countries. Ribadu will be fine . He is probably as safe as Hamid Karzai .

Gbawe ol chap grin methinks Ribadu's presence in the region (especially with a well-know corrupt czar like Hamid Karzai) will benefit from his vast experience from working with Tinubu this 2011 Election wink
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Gbawe: 6:25pm On May 09, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Gbawe ol chap grin methinks Ribadu's presence in the region (especially with a well-know corrupt czar like Hamid Karzai) will benefit from his vast experience from working with Tinubu this 2011 Election wink

Man mi , if the UN are not bothered about Ribadu "working" with Tinubu then I don't think you should lose sleep over that either. cool
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by doja(m): 10:56pm On May 09, 2011
collins Jn:

It is far better to die fighting corruption in afghanistan than being in a corrupt GEJ government! It is funny some folks can c what this is going to do to Ribadu's CV. I am happy that in a country that has produced an Ibori,Dariye, Igbinedion et al we have a Ribadu that we can celebrate.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Lanreseg(m): 1:22am On May 10, 2011
Too long. Will read later
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Lanreseg(m): 1:22am On May 10, 2011
Too long. Will read later
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by crowbar(m): 2:17am On May 10, 2011
Hmmmmmm, just hope d mallam doesn't come back a TERRORIST! grin grin grin
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by Navi(m): 6:55am On May 10, 2011
plz, make u guyz mercy 4 d mumu ribadu dat prefers 2 anoda country 2 his own. He's a fool @ 60.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by ikhideman(m): 8:40am On May 10, 2011
I can't believe what some posters are saying that "he would be more useful in his country". Were u not all around when Ribadu had to go into self exile because of threats to his life during Yar'adua's (sorry Ibori's) tenure?? Why was he removed, initially demoted & embarrassed??

In case some of you haven't realized, ANYTHING u do on this earth, whether good or bad, is a SEED that would be harvested in your future. Ribadu is reaping from the SEEDs sowed while he was at the helm in EFCC. I'm not saying he (his Oga) was right in all his activities & decisions while he was EFCC chairman. No one (in the flesh) is perfect, but we can all remember that EFCC was highly effective(and greatly feared) under his leadership as against the present chairman's tenure who allows criminals (in d guise of politicians) to roam freely or escape to a foreign jail (Ibori)!

Since, he wasn't appreciated in Nigeria, his services are now needed by others, e.g. the UN.

Even though I wasn't in agreement with his presidential ambition (being too immature in politics), he's still my MAN. Congrats to Him and all the Best. I like people like him who aren't afraid to rock d "stagnant boat" because they are convinced and committed to doing the right thing. Mrs Okonjo-Iweala, Ngozi Ezekwesili, Mallam El-Rufai & Prof. Dora Akinyuli are other examples of people who like to rock the boat in the right direction.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by queensmith: 8:50am On May 10, 2011
Afghanistan is the most corrupt country even with all the US troops in it? so what are they still doing there then? kmt. I really hope Ribadu doesnt sell himself out on this mission. I heard the UN runs alot of ish from afghanistan. . . . Ribadu has just been placed between a rock and a hard place with the worlds most powerful people. Lets see if he'll turn out to e a hero or a puppet just like the rest of them!
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by HamidO1(m): 11:06am On May 10, 2011
doja:

It is far better to die fighting corruption in afghanistan than being in a corrupt GEJ government! It is funny some folks can c what this is going to do to Ribadu's CV. I am happy that in a country that has produced an Ibori,Dariye, Igbinedion  et al we have a Ribadu that we can celebrate.

Nice one. One of the most corrupt countries in the world (Nigeria) producing a very clean man (Ribadu) that the UN has deemed fit to fight corruption somewhere else.  I'm glad I voted this man.
Re: Ribadu Moves To Kabul, Afghanistan To Fight Corruption by ikhideman(m): 3:00pm On May 10, 2011
@ Doja @ Hamid: Nice One, i'm glad people here appreciate straight forward & sincere leaders. Ribadu is the MAN!

Dino Melaye Officially Unveiled As Gold Circle Condom Ambassador(pics) / Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups / South Korea To Establish Cultural Creation Convergence Belt In Nigeria

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52