Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,579 members, 7,917,844 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 04:33 PM

Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines (3833 Views)

Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States / My Caps Showing Only 6 Subjects And No Exam Number! / 6 Countries You Can Study At Top Universities At Affordable Fees. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by eastOFwest(m): 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2021
We have Buhari grin

1 Like

Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by Splitmind: 1:04pm On Jul 10, 2021
Nigeria will be on the list soon. Buhari will see it done.
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by NewDelhi(m): 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2021
templemount:
india has nothing pls
Seems alot of you Nigerians don't know much about india's military might.. go and do your history. They are among to top 6 best militaries in the world. Those guys are technologically good.

5 Likes

Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by Vireani79: 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2021
NewDelhi:

Seems alot of you Nigerians don't know much about india's military might.. go and do your history. They are among to top 6 best militaries in the world. Those guys are technologically good.

U dey mind them
As far back as the 60s
Nigerian navy were all trained in India
My father was trained there
It was in the 80s we started having training skools in nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by TUANKU(m): 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2021
Keshinr0:

Lol
I doubt if we have sensors to detect submarines approaching our coast.
But thanks to international law, there won't be trespassers. So to some extent we are safe
Sensors? That's expecting too much from the Nigerian military, we don't even have F-16 or a proper Battleship, same with a modern armoured tank.
International law won't deter countries like the US, Russia and China from invading if they want to after all they do it all the time like the Americans in Afghanistan,Iraq, Libya etc and Russians did same in Ukraine, Georgia, Syria etc while the chinese are doing same in the south china sea with the Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Laos , Taiwan etc.
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by SenatePresdo(m): 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2021
Nukilia:

grin cheesy grin
Who knows, they might be interested in such project provided the Northern man heads the team cheesy

If so, be rest assured that Boko-Haram would eventually get hold of it.

Nigeria handling nuclear warheads or even Normal IBMs would turn out to be a disaster.

If the military headed by one quota system aboki doesn't mistakenly bomb innocent citizens, Boko would still hijack it

2 Likes

Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by Iceyjayzz(m): 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2021
Batterboy:

You be correct sha

One SSBN can carry 24 missiles and each missile is fitted with 12 nuclear warheads for a total of 288 nuclear bombs per submarine shocked cry
Mehn that's alot oh, it can really destroy human existence and properties in a country.

1 Like

Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by Iceyjayzz(m): 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2021
thoollz:
Not a single black country was mentioned in the list. What I heard concerning blacks all around the world is not encouraging.
Black politicians just steal alot of billions and invest in other countries
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by templemount: 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2021
NewDelhi:

oga if India has such military might,pakistan won't be a torn in their flesh.It might interest u to know that Pakistan is far ahead of them in terms of military capacity
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by templemount: 2:01pm On Jul 10, 2021
phenzy:

You commented with source OR you just assumed India don’t have cos you believed they don’t belong in the league of the other countries mentioned. For your info. Technologically, India is billions of miles ahead of any country in Africa talk less of Nigeria.
india can't even challenge Egypt in anything military.if u want us to argue intelligently,let me know
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by templemount: 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2021
phenzy:

What’s your source?
I stay in d region
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by NewDelhi(m): 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2021
templemount:
oga if India has such military might,pakistan won't be a torn in their flesh.It might interest u to know that Pakistan is far ahead of them in terms of military capacity
Ok
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by phenzy(m): 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2021
templemount:
india can't even challenge Egypt in anything military.if u want us to argue intelligently,let me know

You need to go and read more cos I am not sure intelligent enough to hold an intellectual discussion.

1 Like

Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by templemount: 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2021
phenzy:

You need to go and read more cos I am not sure intelligent enough to hold an intellectual discussion.
I think am better than u when it comes to international studies and diplomatic affairs.I wil say it over and over again that India has nothing
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by Batterboy: 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2021
phenzy:

As they say

Never argue with a fool - They will drag you down to their level, Then beat you with experience

1 Like

Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by phenzy(m): 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2021
Batterboy:

As they say

Never argue with a fool - They will drag you down to their level, Then beat you with experience

I didn’t tell you to argue with your father lol
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by Batterboy: 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2021
Gbam
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by Batterboy: 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
phenzy:

I didn’t tell you to argue with your father lol

I actually sided with you
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by phenzy(m): 2:26pm On Jul 10, 2021
Batterboy:

I actually sided with you

Lol you dey mind that midget coming here to display his ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by Batterboy: 2:27pm On Jul 10, 2021
Iceyjayzz:
Mehn that's alot oh, it can really destroy human existence and properties in a country.

True that
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by Nukilia: 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2021
SenatePresdo:

If so, be rest assured that Boko-Haram would eventually get hold of it.

Nigeria handling nuclear warheads or even Normal IBMs would turn out to be a disaster.

If the military headed by one quota system aboki doesn't mistakenly bomb innocent citizens, Boko would still hijack it
sad but true!

1 Like

Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by SKhanmi: 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2021
Am I the only one who doesn't see the usefulness of this?

Forget the usual we need to defend blah blah nonsense. If one of this is used, there will surely be a retaliation, Which species is foolish to destroy its own planet? Madness.
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by Danisaint112(m): 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2021
All those countries mentioned are what you call great. Don't dare them.
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by Batterboy: 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2021
Nuclear submarine launched missiles SLBM with multiple nuclear warheads

1. USA Trident ( also used by UK )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aPvGGvnAGQ

2. Russia Bulava

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9ihw9P4aWs

3. France M-51

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQBjNqHs6Ek

4. China jl2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsml0LaTgFs

5. India K-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IosvgHMOUv8
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by Judybash93(m): 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2021
michlins:
These are the assurances I have that ww3 won't ever happen again. Cause I know humanity will be wiped off from civilization.

Some of these bad girls are carrying more destruction than many volcanic eruptions put together

I think otherwise. I think if two form an unholy alliance against the rest, Kabooom!!! i also think you know the ones I'm talking about
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by Alusiizizi(m): 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2021
SKhanmi:
Am I the only one who doesn't see the usefulness of this?

Forget the usual we need to defend blah blah nonsense. If one of this is used, there will surely be a retaliation, Which species is foolish to destroy its own planet? Madness.

Unfortunately(or fortunately perhaps) we do not live in utopia. The ones who have these are the "big boys" in the yard. They get to bully the ones that do not have(or feign benevolence as the case may be). The point is that the "Haves-nots" are the bottom feeders and the "Haves" invest billions to make sure that they remain in the league of "Have-nots". For example, look at what they are doing to Iran's initiative to develop just a "simple" nuclear bomb. They have been at it for some 30 years now(or more) and the "Haves" have done much to frustrate them(which they have apparently succeeded in doing so far. I admire Iran's tenacity). I know, life sucks. Put some skin in the game to belong in the league of "Haves" so that you too can bully the small boys around or avoid being bullied, or live in sedentary bliss and spend your existence being bullied by the big boys.
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by Simeonjoe1: 4:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
TUANKU:

Sensors? That's expecting too much from the Nigerian military, we don't even have F-16 or a proper Battleship, same with a modern armoured tank.
International law won't deter countries like the US, Russia and China from invading if they want to after all they do it all the time like the Americans in Afghanistan,Iraq, Libya etc and Russians did same in Ukraine, Georgia, Syria etc while the chinese are doing same in the south china sea with the Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Laos , Taiwan etc.

The Era of battleship is over. It ended during ww2, a terrible lesson of blood and steel. What can win you wars of the future now is guided missile destroyers and aircraft carrier(but I think this too is about to be obsolete)
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by jamesversion: 4:41pm On Jul 10, 2021
Goel:

India has 3 nuclear submarines in service, 2 in construction and 10-12 more on drawing boards.
In two decades, it will become world's second largest nuke submarine fleet after USA.

Poor country India doesn't have money for those. What are they trying to prove??
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by SKhanmi: 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2021
Alusiizizi:

Unfortunately(or fortunately perhaps) we do not live in utopia. The ones who have these are the "big boys" in the yard. They get to bully the ones that do not have(or feign benevolence as the case may be). The point is that the "Haves-nots" are the bottom feeders and the "Haves" invest billions to make sure that they remain in the league of "Have-nots". For example, look at what they are doing to Iran's initiative to develop just a "simple" nuclear bomb. They have been at it for some 30 years now(or more) and the "Haves" have done much to frustrate them(which they have apparently succeeded in doing so far. I admire Iran's tenacity). I know, life sucks. Put some skin in the game to belong in the league of "Haves" so that you too can bully the small boys around or avoid being bullied, or live in sedentary bliss and spend your existence being bollied by the big boys.

The bolded in your own opinion sums up the life of man right? If I asked you of your religion & apply this same reasoning to it, would you do a turnabout & refuse to acknowledge it's the same shit like most. As Above So below. Its why this earth is in the shit it is. Even your Gods bicker among themselves.

Now imagine a world if you can, where there are no nuclear subs or other fancy toys to kill your fellow humans, a world where everyone works together to eradicate stuff like poverty, crime & other society ills to achieve immortality & other more useful objectives. A life where you don't have to bully others.

Now put these two ways of reasoning side by side & see which one is the bigger picture & which will eventually outlast the other if put in practice. (Hint) The previous civilizations of humans destroyed themselves through nuclear wars.

As for the last part of your writeup, there is a 3rd path, Those that don't bully, nor can be bullied. They exist, Utopia or not. Its up to all to choose
Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by wonderr(m): 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2021
let them have submarines we also have cows thanks to d dullard in abuja

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by Batterboy: 5:10pm On Jul 10, 2021
jamesversion:

Poor country India doesn't have money for those. What are they trying to prove??

They are worlds 5th largest economy

India defence budget 2021 (70 billion dollars) is double than naija federal budget 2021 (35.66 billion dollars)

India foreign reserves 610 billion dollars , naija 34 billion dollars , almost 20 times larger

Sha who dey call poor cry

1 Like

Re: Only 6 Countries With Nuclear Submarines by TUANKU(m): 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2021
Simeonjoe1:

The Era of battleship is over. It ended during ww2, a terrible lesson of blood and steel. What can win you wars of the future now is guided missile destroyers and aircraft carrier(but I think this too is about to be obsolete)
A destroyer is a battleship.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lautech Forum / Osu Post Utme Cut-off Mark For B/adm / Electrical Engineering Course Outline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.