Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,308 members, 7,907,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 01:24 PM

Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. (28350 Views)

19,396 Test HIV Positive In Niger State – Perm Sec / 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt / How Will I Know If Am Not Hiv Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by yoboone(m): 8:27am On May 11, 2011
HELLO MY FRIEND,
I DON'T THINK YOU ARE A HIV POSITIVE (YOU JUST POSTED THIS TO CREAT AN AWARENESS ON HIV/AIDS WHICH IS A VERY VERY GOOD CONCEPT AND IF YOU ARE, I AM NOT ADVISING U TO TELL ANY BODY COS THEY WOUN'T UNDERSTAND THAT HIV IS LIKE JUST OTHER INFECTIONS RATHER THEY WOULD BE AVOIDING YOU TO MAKE YOUR LIFE MISSERABLE.

MEAMWHILE, IF YOU ARE, KEEP TAKING YOUR DRUGS AND AVOID CIRCULATING IT( so that God may help you).
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by angeltebo(f): 8:34am On May 11, 2011
shocked brother this is the time for you and GOD. no amount of advices can help now but the intervention of the almighty can help you only if you believe. i believe you are in Nigerian please go to THE Lord's Chosen. My friend was healed of HIV 1 & 2 RECENTLY there.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Stevo30: 8:40am On May 11, 2011
If you live in Lagos, can you visit Nigeria Institute of medical Research, Yaba, close to Presbyterian church for a 2nd confirmatory test, if you do not live in Lagos you can visit any teaching hospital or federal medical centres or General hospital. There they would counsel you on your choices. You are not alone if you are truely positive after the confirmatory test, millions of Nigerian are daily living positively with HIV. You can still give your parent the grand children they are waiting, you can live a normal life. You can google Ronke Odetoyinbo, Yinka Jegede-Ekpe, those are two many living openly positive with HIV. They got married and have kids after testing positive
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by SALady(f): 8:51am On May 11, 2011
@OP, I am finding it haaaard to buy into the story, but for what its worth since we are talking baout HIV/ADIS, I think you must get a second test just to be sure try using a different doctor/hospital etc. for a second opinion. HIV/AIDS is not a death sentence just a disease that needs to be managed. Yes your girl must know so that she may get tested too and be able to make her own decisions based on the situation.

Good Luck
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Nobody: 8:55am On May 11, 2011
@OP
I suppose you went to shool, from most of the responses I see here, this is hardly the right place to get relevant information about HIV.
But then, your level of education worries me giving the way you have been playing with sex-unprotected and otherwise.

May I advice you to please visit the nearest office of Ghain, or relevant medical outfit and speak with a qualified councilor, HIV does not mean death anymore, it may however mean heavy financial investment in drugs!
NB: Sex is not the only way to contract HIV
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Meedu(m): 8:59am On May 11, 2011
[size=8pt]IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES OF AN HIV FREE GENERATION. IT BEGINS WITH YOU.[/size]
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by dave2(m): 9:08am On May 11, 2011
Is not the end of the world brother.
U can still live a normal life, have kids and live long.
Please, contact the nearest HIV counseling center
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Nobody: 9:12am On May 11, 2011
@OP
Personally,I strongly believe you should tell your family members by looking out for the right time.My reason is based on a true story of someone I know who died of HIV while I was still in the country some years back.The said victim toed the idea of keeping it from family members and friends.But the family still got to know when she died from common Malaria based on complicatioin arising from her immune system.
The reaction of the parent was that of the same shock, when they realised she has been living with the same disease for years without letting them know.
Moreover,compare your mood before you shared this story and now that you have done so, I am sure u must e feelingdont a little bit better.Moreover if I am given 2 deadly choices between HIV and some kind of Cancers,I will grudgingly choose HIV which one can still live with for years.I wish you well!
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by ivydearie: 9:22am On May 11, 2011
maybe u did not get it through unprotected sex
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Ojoyi: 9:23am On May 11, 2011
Go to any heart to heart centre and then join a support group there all ur questions will be answered by real life people.
waste no time
there are lots of u
dont die in silence
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by LadyT(f): 9:24am On May 11, 2011
When there is till life there is hope.  Go and do the test again.  Theres a chance a chance you got a false positive result.  Do another test first.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Emmz(f): 9:25am On May 11, 2011
This is my advise to you. Sometimes these test guys dont get it right either deliberatey or accidentally. I will give you a senario. My friend did all the test to do with sexually transmitted diseases some time ago. Because i had told her i do regular check up every one to two years. I was shocked when she told me she had never had any test done and she was in her early 20s at the time. She had been sexually active for a few years and had had 3 partners so i advised her to do an all round check up which she was willing to do cos she herself just wanted to let sleepin dogs lie.

Anyway she took a test in Nigeria and she was told she didnt have HIV and what not but that she had syphyllis. She was told to come for a series of injections. I cant remember how many she said she was supposed to have. I think sometin like 5 or 6 injections. She took just 2 cos she said she had to go to the village and she never took the remainin cos you had to take them consecutively.

Now that same year (just about 3 months apart my friend travels to europe and pays a private hospital to run all the test on her again. And guess what? She didnt have anytin. She was as clean as a plain white garment. At the back of her mind, she always tot that maybe the two injections helped but it would later come as a shocker jst 2 years ago wen a condom burst while she was havin sexual intercourse wit her new boyfriend that she went to do all the test and found out that she never had syphillis. I dont know how they detect that but i know that when you have those kind of tests in the UK, they ask you for your past records and in order to help yourself you have to be truthful. so she said she told them she was once told she had syphillis but she never completed treatment. When the results came out she was told exactly the same thing she was told in Europe. You dont have any STD and you never have.

So just imagine, this Nigeria, they can do anything for money when it is done intentionally so OP i suggest you take that test again. Twice more. And if all you narrated to us is true then i dont see how you can have AIDS unless you got in contact with a hiv carrier's fluid some other way. Think maybe u swaped saliva when you had a cut in you mouth or you cut urself etc

Whatever it is just do the test again and goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by shade123: 9:33am On May 11, 2011
my kindly advice is be proud of yourself. HIV don't kill what kills is the stigma to it. yes you have allowed your bodily lust to put you in problem but God is happy when ever a sinner turns away from sin.
Go to a federal hospital do you test again and visit another hospital do it again. make sure your with 3 test result and from there u will understand if u have it or not.

this happened to a friend of mine he didn't even bother even though he wasn't sure of himself then after 3 separate tests from different hospital he wasn't having git. he went back again to where they tested him postive and tested and was negative and when he accosted them on the previous positive result then said there was a mix up somewhere. so from urs there might as wel be a mix up somewhere.

if after all this tests and u have it then deliver urself by asking God to forgive you all ur sins. Go into fasting u will need to fast for 7 good days dry fasting. don't do it at once first do 6 to 6 for 3 days den gv 1 week and go on express 7 goo days fast no water no food. after this pray and do ur test u will see dat d Egyptian u saw in dat test u shall never see it again. (this very solution has worked for more than 23 people i have recommended it to and u can make dem 24).

Thanks so much.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by javalove(m): 9:36am On May 11, 2011
@OP

Nothing. . .I repeat nothing will happen to you. You will not die before your time. I have countless number of friends that are HIV positive, one of them had it since she was 13 and even a member of the Ugandan parliament. Looking at her, you would not believe she is HIV positive and she lives and mixes freely with everyone.

I could help you though. I could introduce you to counselors and doctors back home in Naija that will be of great help to you.

You don't have to worry. HIV is not the end of the world. It just means you would not live la vida loca anymore. . .

Drop me a mail smilewithjaji@gmail.com if you need me.

Again, don't lie about your status to those around you. . .especially to those that matter most to you. . .!

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by DBestDoc(f): 9:37am On May 11, 2011
Perhaps u got infected through ur barber or any oda means.BTW condoms cannot be tusted 100%.
If u really re HIV +ve,dats nt d end of d world 4 u.jst try n lead a positive life as much as u can.Don't 4 get dat jehovah Ralpha is still alive.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by earthrealm(m): 9:41am On May 11, 2011
@poster,
u hv gotten very good advice  here.
1. go to different hospitals  and  take the test 2 more times.

2.let ur gf  also take the test 2 be sure that she is clean.

3.if step 1 is still postive, then sign up for antiretroviral therapy, make peace with ur God, and abstain from s3x.

dont tell ur gf/parents till u hv completed step 4.even if step 4 is positive, depending on how close u r to ur gf, i wud advice u not 2 tell hjer, cos the stroy will spread.instead find a clean way of discharging her, using the genotype angle, ie if she is AS, U CUED CLAIM TO BE AS  TOO, THAT U JUST WENT 4 a test.prepare well and act the drama 2 make it convincing, she will most def fall 4 it, n let u go grin
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Blakjewelry(m): 9:44am On May 11, 2011
My friend, the case of your ex being -ve happen in a rare case. Research have shown that few people exist that are expose to hiv without contacting it. so, 1st of all go for a confirmation test in a govt hospital. If +ve then the next step is managment. If your cd4 count is still high, your doc will tell what to do. You might not start your medication yet but need to eat a balance diet, but if your cd4 count is low then you need to start your medication now. As for your parent, i dont think they need to know but if you are close to your brother and sisters and if they are the understanding type you can confide in them. As for your girlfriend, i will say you know her better. It all depends on her orientation. I will say just throw her up in such matters and see her respond. If +ve then let her know but if negative, then look for a decent way to let her go. If you are thinking of giving your parent grandchildren, then register with people living hiv bet you will catch yourself nice hotie. Time wont allow me to write in detail so, try consult a hiv conselor. But dont kill your self with your thoughts.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Nobody: 9:54am On May 11, 2011
prayer is the key, prayer is the key, prayer is the master key, Jesus Started with prayer and end it with prayer, Prayer is the master key
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Nobody: 9:57am On May 11, 2011
@POSTER
I guess I must thank you for this post. Reading through comments here has greatly awakened my consciousness about the dreaded HIV against the background of many dirty chicks I have lined-up for polashing recently. I just need to be careful and control my play pattern!  shocked
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by maclatunji: 10:06am On May 11, 2011
HIV has an incubation period within the human body which means that 1 may go for a test which comes out negative whilst being positive. You need to go to a reputable health establishment and have your test conducted there. Thereafter, go and check again every 3 months for the next 1 year. If you unfortunately prove positive, you need to let the fear go. You already have it, what you need to do is to deal with it. Eat a balanced diet, try to do exercise, register for HIV treatment programme preferably at a Federal Government Hospital.

Regarding telling your family, do not do so if you know they are not mature enough to handle it. As for your fiance, confirm your status first. If you turn-out positive gently break the news to her. Then, encourage her to have her own HIV test. If she is negative, I suggest you let her go. The stress of trying to keep her negative within marriage between the 2 of you would be too much in my opinion. If she decides to stick with you, then you are a really lucky guy.

P.S: I think the way some people portray sex here like it is bread and butter is irresponsible. Impressionable young people might be influenced thereby putting themselves at risk of the disease through indiscriminate sexual activity.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Odunnu: 10:09am On May 11, 2011
Sex aint the only way one contracts HiV. I wish you well though
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by gab4cha: 10:14am On May 11, 2011
Common malaria was once dreaded so much Africa was called the white's graveyard, but once it came to knowledge the cause and cure it's now all a thing anyone fights and no longer dread, so also is diabetis. Though none has come to say acceptably that there's a cure for HIV but the cause is known and that's problem half solved, and how to keep it contained has been declared by expert while the government has tried in subsidising the expenses involve, just it also needs living healthy to tackle it and living healthy is a lifestyle of discipline with no more garbage in garbage out but put in that which is needed that may be able to put out that which is harmful. Talking of the expenses involve, though man has tried to alter nature but I believe God is not unwise to let times and season and to let certain crops in certain places at certain times, while spend 400 naira for pineapple in the season of orange when 150 naira should give enough oranges, I'm not saying you ain't paying but the earth around you don't hate you so much that you should have need for every thing imported.
And as to your christian family, it's good thing you have them and it's good time to know the level of their faith (John 13:34 , that you love one another as I have loved you, ) that's the latest commandment (James 5:16 , pray one for another that you map be healed, )
And to you who might have confessed the Lordship of Jesus as the Christ, and if you haven't it's best you did (Ex 31:13 , that you may know that I'm the Lord that makes you holy) most of all in times like this (John 15:5 , without me you can do nothing)
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by satani22: 10:15am On May 11, 2011
Craig d say something
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by oderemo(m): 10:25am On May 11, 2011
am not trying to simplyfy your prob. take all the above advise but let me tell you one thing H.I.V is not the killer disease to dred cos with medical help you can live for yrs to come. tell you what pray its not CANCER., i just lost one of my real good friends to blood cancer, the agony he witnessed was unbearable, the cost to the NHS was HUGE and still we lost him within couple of months. AID is bad but CANCER is a serious issue.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by opositive(m): 10:36am On May 11, 2011
my close friend contacted HIV from his mother who had a blood transfusion before he was born.he died years ago and his whole family was wiped out.but pls u have hope, u now have antiretro viral drugs and other treatment options.my friend didnt have that cos it was back in the day,when science hadnt gone far.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by ebeatu: 10:37am On May 11, 2011
if actually ur story is true,turn to god in prayers.there is no sickness he can not cure.reach this man of god via this no 08035749006 he can help u out.the lord is ur strenth.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by bignoble05(m): 10:41am On May 11, 2011
Wat i just av to say is that.HIV can be contactd thru other means apart frm sex.u might nt av got it frm sex,it might be frm the other means.give the test anoda trial.it might be negative.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by lanre88(m): 10:42am On May 11, 2011
This is a cool thread that would remind some NL who are fond of posting who they bleep or who they are yet to bleep that HIV/AIDS is no joke. Please know where you belong today.

@craig, bro simply stick to your medical adviser do's n don't to stay safe. what matters most is try to maintain a balanced state of mind in what you do now and never at anytime stigmatize yourself.

May Allah guide and protect us all. Amin.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by gazilion: 10:43am On May 11, 2011
I NORMALLY DO NOT POST ON REGULARLY ON NL:

THIS STORY IS A BIG LIE. You said, you don't know how to inform your family only for you to now say again, you called your sister who u confide's in.

I don't buy your story, but however, if it's true - Genuinely Repent, Give your life to Jesus, join a bible believing church. If God's mercy comes your way, you get a miracle if not, you die and go to glory.
[size=8pt]
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by opositive(m): 10:51am On May 11, 2011
pls do not give up on life yet.who knows how long we will all live anyway.i may be hit by an oncoming car the next minute.i just wish that i still have my friend here,with or without HIV.I now understand better what happened to him because i am now a microbiologist.pls i advice u to get the book, THE SECRET BY RHONDA BRYNE.it is totally life-changing.u will begin to see your sickness from a new angle.peace
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by ijcurt(f): 10:59am On May 11, 2011
go n re-do d test in another hospital, maybe u got some1 elses' result.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by CraigD: 11:00am On May 11, 2011
Infact,my mouth cannot express the feeling inside me after reading those wonderful replies u guys hv bn posting,God wl bless u all.
I wl do another test nxt week and hope it wl be negative bt if it remains positive,i wl accept it and take a proper care of myself by eating a healthy food dat wl boost my immune system. Wt those encouraging words i got here,i dnt think i wl get a better counsellor than u guys.
After d test i wl then ask them abt d drugs (antiretroviral) and its side effect as regards maintaining d usage and other issue of marriage and having kids.
I wl soak myself in prayer and fasting and wl abstain completely frm any sexual activity,its nt going to be easy bt i pray God wl help me overcome it. I believe in miracle and hope he wl do it for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Generator Fume Kills 4 Family Members In Kwara (Photo) / Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment / Chicken Pecks Buyer To Coma In Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.