Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,301 members, 7,940,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:08 PM

FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members (8148 Views)

NYSC Presents N26.7m To Families Of Dead Corpers / Tears As Corpses Of Slain ‘corpers’ Leave Bauchi / Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by hipinnacle: 2:29pm On May 12, 2011
I don't see anything new in what Gej has done, this is not the first time d families of the deceased will b compensated with cash for human lives in this country. This is an act of impunity. Many corps' members die due to accident,armed robbery attack,flimsy ailment due to bad roads, insecurity and lack of hospitals facilities to treat ailment in most of the country. i think the govt. must wake up to their responsibilities and start treating human live precious. Even God has not for once take human life 4 granted, that is the main reason he sent his son JESUS to be crucified in redemption 4 our lives. So,why do one govt. need to wait till a person die in this country for God sake b4 they start to tell us we have money to compensate. The money should rather be spent to avoid loses of bright life by providing values instead of thrashes.
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by jaems: 7:02pm On May 12, 2011
pls, wat are they supposed to do with dat, if the government cannot ensure the safety of corpers, i think this service thing shud be scrapped, abeg!
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by DaDoctor: 3:50pm On May 13, 2011
What can one do to please Nigerians?? Is this the first time Corpers are dieing in service? Please prior to now what was done? And now someone takes a step, and is castigated, lets criticise constructively pls We cudnt have done better if we were GEJ!
Re: FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members by Egbagirl(f): 5:02am On May 16, 2011
Pst Grant:

[i][/i]I don't think Egba Girl is been fair. Sorry but i think we should give this Govt a chance to perform. There is no way we can all be pleased. We should appreciate what we have even if it's not enough for now. Afterall he's not the one responsible for the moral decadence in the country. We should all join hands together and fight our common enemy and not crucify the innocent man that has just taking over the mantle of leadership. Someone else was calling for the 'spirit' of Gani to come and save the situation by the old 'riot' crusade he gained nothing from. By now we should grow up and know that there's nothing good that can come out of fighting; here we are lamenting the death of 10 corpers, who knows how many have died before now and how many would die if Gani should come and fight the Govt. Give me a break. Let us see what the committee will come up with and then those people CPC tald to go and kill should be nabbed and prosecuted.

Why must a special committee be set up? What happened to the Nigerian Police Force? Everything in Nigeria is committee. then they will set up another committee to oversee the first committee. Committee this, committee that. anyway, Im still giving them the benefit of a doubt. Lets see what they can come up with.

And did you say innocent man? HA! I laugh! I dont think I need to even argue that he is not. It is clear that his hands are def not clean! If only he would put his foot down and do something and not let some ignorant greedy people control him.

By no means am I condoning the violence. Heck no! Im totally against it but my point is I am not in support of GEJ's move. Its not always about money. The money will finish then what? We like to address issues on the surface in Nigeria but we do not seek for structural/institutional reformation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2016 Batch A KADUNA CM, Lets Meet Here / Help Please! Advice For Expatriate Going For Nysc / Not All Nigerians Are Bad: My NYSC Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.