Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,247 members, 7,884,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 09:14 AM

The New World Of Africa... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The New World Of Africa... (272 Views)

Welcome To A Whole New World Of Fictions / The Quest For New World Order / Join One Of Africa Biggest Stories Group On Whatsapp Today.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The New World Of Africa... by ceejayDwriter43(m): 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2021
In this pictorial representation of Africa showing a beautiful landscape and beautiful animals, I write to change the narratives of the "white supremacists" who have a solitary story about Africa and Africans as people waiting to be saved by their equals, people still living in the dark ages, people unable to speak for themselves and a continent full of diabolic practices.

The stereotypes against Africa is overwhelmingly demeaning and one thing about stereotypes is this; it is incomplete, it is one-sided and overly exaggerated.
I've met a few whites off and online and their perceptions about blacks is nothing short of mockery, a few of them feel we blacks are nothing similar to them in anyway, always feeling irked at the sight of us but one thing they fail to understand about Africa is how rich and dynamic we are.

Oh! I'm sure they have no idea about how much a fighter we Africans are, am I to talk about people in Nigeria who put in all their resources into a project and once it fails, they pick up their pieces and continue the struggle? Or should I talk about how relentless our movie industry NOLLYWOOD is trying so hard to create a niche for themselves internationally by producing core contemporary African movies that tells the true story of how things are done here? Or am I to talk about people who create awareness on serious health issues like FISTULA and the need for the GIRL CHILD to be empowered? Should I also talk about the likes of Chinua Achebe, Chimamanda Adichie, Buchi Emecheta and a host of many others who took African Literature to the global stage?

In my earliest ages, I was exposed to foreign movies, not like I didn't watch African movies but because I had this love for whites, seeing their curled hairs, the accent the whole technology level on Sci-Fi movies. But the whole thing changed ever since I took up penmanship in African literature, my whole thoughts changed, I figured these people were just like us, the only difference was the skin colour, I figured we had more to offer, then I started writing, I talked extensively about African Lives in my first ever short story published on OKADABOOKS.COM (THE AFTERMATH)

ceejaysniche..com

To be continued...

#ceejayDwriter
#Nigerianwriter

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Experienced, Creative, And Professional Writers Needed - PHASE 6 (#1.5k/ Word) / Hi Writers In DA Platform, Please Cross Check This Prologue For Correction / My Latest Poetry Piece On NIGERIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.