Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,933 members, 7,942,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 08:05 AM

The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans (1583 Views)

Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu / Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) / Jonathan Distributed Dollars To Lagosians - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by judas11: 3:18am On May 11, 2011
Who is fooling who? Dangote donates 2 million dollars to develop youths from Africa? While he floods all his industries in Nigeria with Indian and lebanese "school cert holders" who try as much as possible to frustrate their Nigerian folks. Nigerian enterpreneurs are not helping the Nigerian economy,they go out of their way to forge work permits and resident visas for cheap-labor-foreigners while direct investments in Nigerian youth suffers. Word reaching me as i write is that his sister group owned by one Abdulsamad(BUA Group of Companies) now floods his factories with all manner of indians (mainly cut and join type).These BUA Indians feel very much at home that they fiercely insist on attending oversea trainning courses meant for Nigerians AND NO BODY IS RAISING AN EYEBROW!!. All these sad stories bring to the fore why this country will forever remain backward because of the unending greed of the so called high and mighty. How will Nigeria progress when the real sector is being managed by strangers who are here to grab(cash and knowledge) as much as they can.How will the Nigerian graduate mature when indians/lebanese claim their slots for oversea trainnings meant for them? Will an Indian or Lebanese enterpreneur employ a Nigerian in their country other than as a cleaner? I wonder wether we still have a ministry of labour and internal affairs in this country and if they don't only exist on paper,what the HELL are they doing?! Dangote and co should shove their filthy dollars up their arse if they will continue to insult our sensibilities .
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by Nobody: 5:05am On May 11, 2011
Nigerians dont have the skills needed and some Nigerians need quick money,and some cant work for long hours compared to indians or lebanese.
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by juicyemmy(m): 6:29am On May 11, 2011
@olas2u'

Thats about the most stupid comment coming from any sane Nigerian.Did u just say Nigerians don't v skills and can't work long hours? Did chinua achebe,chimamanda adichie and phillip emegwali not school in Nigeria and are leading proffessionals in their own rights.Have you properly trainned Nigerian graduate trainees and they did not perform.Haven't you heard about SITP of shell.If you dont have any meaningful contribution,dip ur head in mud
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by judas11: 6:43am On May 11, 2011
@olas2u. are u sure u r Nigerian? I think u r indian or better still lebanese.Fool!
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by rasputinn(m): 8:21am On May 11, 2011
@ OP

Your post is very touching and correct
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by Nobody: 8:23am On May 11, 2011
judas11:

@olas2u. are u sure u r Nigerian? I think u r indian or better still lebanese.Fool!
You call me a fool ,but you are the ignorant person,Am Nigerian and i know what am talking about.Which skill do you have to offer,Welders,fabricators, in the oil industry are imported,while do you think globacom works with indians.The construction industry in dominated by foreigners,have you sat down to think why?Indians can work longer hours and get the job done.You have played with vocational skills in Nigeria ,and look down on people with does skills.
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by Nobody: 8:32am On May 11, 2011
The main manufacturers of goods are are Indians,and they have businesses that have been passed on to 3rd generation of indians in Nigeria.Take a tour of the industrial estates and see 1 out of every 5 you come across.
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by Nobody: 8:37am On May 11, 2011
SITP of shell
You are just a comedian,they make so much and decide to train a few people,and you are clapping your hands,African mugu.Any indian trained in india is a world class candidate wheather vocation or certification,you dont need another SITP of shell.You are eating crumbs my guy.wake up.
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by Nobody: 9:42am On May 11, 2011
olas2u:

SITP of shell
You are just a comedian,they make so much and decide to train a few people,and you are clapping your hands,African mugu.Any indian trained in india is a world class candidate wheather vocation or certification,you dont need another SITP of shell.You are eating crumbs my guy.wake up.
Never seen anyone defending his mumu certificate so hard. You flopped in your statements especially regarding nigerians ability to work for long hours. Go ask the british colonial masters why they abandoned india and focused mainly on black africans to drive their labour intensive industrialization.
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by Nobody: 9:58am On May 11, 2011
@Olas2u, are u really a nigerian at all, nigerians are by far the most brilliant africans, don't belittle us, go 2 the universities and u would see some of the most brilliant humans on earth,i love my country and it's people! The main problem is exposure.
@poster, very touching write up,but he still employs well over 50,000 nigerians, second only to the government. Maybe,i think it is because he is over-ambitious, but we should still give kudos to him.
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by Nobody: 9:58am On May 11, 2011
blink182:

Never seen anyone defending his mumu certificate so hard. You flopped in your statements especially regarding nigerians ability to work for long hours. Go ask the british colonial masters why they abandoned india and focused mainly on black africans to drive their labour intensive industrialization.
We are in the future after wards and why dont you talk of the present.Indians have more skilled labour than Nigeria,so what is responsible for this,in India every body as a skill.In Nigeria you see some people that have grown up without any skill or education.Am telling does people are collective and they get the job done.Why are foreigners taking over IT in Nigeria.The first set of Nigeria IT experts messed up,they did jobs that wer not okay,just look at the banks ,people,s money are being stolen,you think the contractor will award another contract the does set of people.
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by Nobody: 10:54am On May 11, 2011
olas2u:

We are in the future after wards and why dont you talk of the present.Indians have more skilled labour than Nigeria,so what is responsible for this,in India every body as a skill.In Nigeria you see some people that have grown up without any skill or education.Am telling does people are collective and they get the job done.Why are foreigners taking over IT in Nigeria.The first set of Nigeria IT experts messed up,they did jobs that wer not okay,just look at the banks ,people,s money are being stolen,you think the contractor will award another contract the does set of people.
I get the point you are trying to make but you can't write off everyone because of a bad few, even a bad lot. I still remember a meeting where hackers met to try hack a new software after failed attempts, someone asked, has it been given to a Nigerian? Condition is hard here but when given then chance, we always outshine. We the best, homie
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by Nobody: 11:02am On May 11, 2011
blink182:

I get the point you are trying to make but you can't write off everyone because of a bad few, even a bad lot. I still remember a meeting where hackers met to try hack a new software after failed attempts, someone asked, has it been given to a Nigerian? Condition is hard here but when given then chance, we always outshine. We the best, homie

Good saying but you need to tranform all the knowledge base of ideas into reality that will bring about good living,creating of jobs and advancement in home grown technologies.We cant be import dependent on everything,from food,to contruction,to furniture,to cars etc,our lives fuluctuates because we live on dollar terms
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by okoomoge2(m): 11:24am On May 11, 2011
Dangote is by far better than the whole lots shell,exxonmobil,Total,Agip and the whole lots of MNC in 9ja.
Those folks MNC are after what they can get from the resources of the country and not on capacity development.

I know Dangote Company need to do more on capacity development for Nigerians
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by Nobody: 11:26am On May 11, 2011
oko-omoge:

Dangote is by far better than the whole lots shell,exxonmobil,Total,Agip and the whole lots of MNC in 9ja.
Those folks MNC are after what they can get from the resources of the country and not on capacity development.

I know Dangote Company need to do more on capacity development for Nigerians
Correct
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by judas11: 1:59pm On May 11, 2011
@ olas2u, its very obvious frm ur comments that u r an indian workn wit dangote and of a truth,i dont v any problem wit that. But i have only one question for you. Aside frm ur much trumpeted I.T,tell me any other sphere of life where, frm ur own perspective, an Indian can/has excelled more than a Nigerian d world over.
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 11, 2011
judas11:

@ olas2u, its very obvious frm your comments that u r an indian workn wit dangote and of a truth,i dont v any problem wit that. But i have only one question for you. Aside frm your much trumpeted I.T,tell me any other sphere of life where, frm your own perspective, an Indian can/has excelled more than a Nigerian d world over.

Well ,i have taken a tour of that country and you need to also do the same.why should i be clapping for myself when i have seen this things. Go there and see Agriculture at its best.Go to the market and see in the market 5 different types of rice species.Nigeria rice is imported from thailand and brazil,the local production cannot meet the demand of the market.They combine this with a not to perfect infrastructure that works ,moving the agricultural products from point A to B its cheap because of railway system,as a result you dont need to come to the city center to hussle,you could make money at your door step.
Information technology,dont even compare,they export human beings abroad.

Medicine,go there and see many Nigerians living there just because of healthcare reasons from heart transplant to kidney to complicated surgery.Even Nigerians doctors now refer patients over and collect commission on the number of patients sent over.

Education, its better that what we have ,i dont need to say it.

Military--- Nigeria military still produce chair and table ,while indian counter parts have already gone nuclear with production of military hardware.

we need to re organize .
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by denaija(m): 8:50pm On May 11, 2011
@ OLAS2U,
Its tyme u shut ur stinking trap!! You can live in indian rather than take a tour for all i care,the mere fact that indians are flooding Nigeria in their millions tells the clear truth that Naija is their U.S.A. Yes,their education might b up there like u rightly pointed out but Chimamanda adichie,dora akunyili,phillip emegwali and sanusi lamido all attended Nigerian universities and are masters in their own rights. Need i remind you that Nigerian nuclear physicists and medical scientists/doctors are highly ranked and well priced in the U.S (clear case of prophets not recognized in their own towns).

For ur info, indian labor is not classy like u want us to believe. Globalcom,Dangote and BUA prefer them because it is CHEAP LABOR and the end result is increasing massive unemployment as the naija youth are the worst for it.Most Nigerian enterpreneurs are wicked and greedy:thats the message. How about indians jostling for trainning courses meant for Nigerians in a so-called-proudly Nigerian company? I am yet to hear your take on that?
No doubt u raised noticeable and striking points about the indian economy,if not for square pegs in round holes of Nigerian leadership who are Indians when Nigeria dey talk?
Did i hear you say Indians can work for long hours? Wake up bro!! we work smart in the 21st century,ask the chinese.That ur ilks refuse to work for long hours doesn't go for all Nigerians and for the umpteenth tyme stop telln ignoramuses like you that indians have more skilled workers than Nigerians because you don't know shit!! Go and ask the guys working in this coys and see why earlier commentors are calling you the fool that you are.Incase you don't know,Adenuga,Dangote and Abdulsamad employ these people in their thousands(cos their labor is cheap),smuggle them into the country with fake work permits,tag them managers and supervisors while they learn over the shoulders of Nigerians who do the actual jobs! Have you pondered why the cost of their accomodation alone can't be used in upgrading the Nigerians in these companies to your perceived indian standards---maybe cos you share their mentality. hope your kids don't share this destiny.Pray u r Nigerian.
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 11, 2011
de-naija:

@ OLAS2U,
Its tyme u shut your stinking trap!! You can live in indian rather than take a tour for all i care,the mere fact that indians are flooding Nigeria in their millions tells the clear truth that Naija is their U.S.A. Yes,their education might b up there like u rightly pointed out but Chimamanda adichie,dora akunyili,phillip emegwali and sanusi lamido all attended Nigerian universities and are masters in their own rights. Need i remind you that Nigerian nuclear physicists and medical scientists/doctors are highly ranked and well priced in the U.S (clear case of prophets not recognized in their own towns).

For your info, indian labor is not classy like u want us to believe. Globalcom,Dangote and BUA prefer them because it is CHEAP LABOR and the end result is increasing massive unemployment as the naija youth are the worst for it.Most Nigerian enterpreneurs are wicked and greedy:thats the message. How about indians jostling for trainning courses meant for Nigerians in a so-called-proudly Nigerian company? I am yet to hear your take on that?
No doubt u raised noticeable and striking points about the indian economy,if not for square pegs in round holes of Nigerian leadership who are Indians when Nigeria dey talk?
Did i hear you say Indians can work for long hours? Wake up bro!! we work smart in the 21st century,ask the chinese.That your ilks refuse to work for long hours doesn't go for all Nigerians and for the umpteenth tyme stop telln ignoramuses like you that indians have more skilled workers than Nigerians because you don't know poo!! Go and ask the guys working in this coys and see why earlier commentors are calling you the fool that you are.Incase you don't know,Adenuga,Dangote and Abdulsamad employ these people in their thousands(cos their labor is cheap),smuggle them into the country with fake work permits,tag them managers and supervisors while they learn over the shoulders of Nigerians who do the actual jobs! Have you pondered why the cost of their accomodation alone can't be used in upgrading the Nigerians in these companies to your perceived indian standards---maybe cos you share their mentality. hope your kids don't share this destiny.Pray u r Nigerian.
I dont think you know what you are talking about,i dont live there but atleast every year i visit a new country.it is possible since they are immigrants that they seek greener pastures to other countries around the globe,some may have dreams and will want to take advantage of trainning or maybe they will benefit finacially or better still get closer to there family if the trainning is done in Asia,there must be a reason for that,there maybe so many reasons why ?You cannot say the specific unless you work over there,but a country of 1.2billion certainly have more skilled labour than 150million.A nigerian will certainly grumble and ask for more pay when its overtime,they indians always complete a task,because they are contract based.
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by denaija(m): 9:35pm On May 11, 2011
olas2u,
you were expected to shut ur trap. Truth has one face you need say nuthin.Live with that.
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 11, 2011
de-naija:

olas2u,
you were expected to shut your trap. Truth has one face you need say nuthin.Live with that.
[/quote
Black man,the most stupid human on earth
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by judas11: 9:56pm On May 11, 2011
hmmmm

olas2u,
you were expected to shut your trap. Truth has one face you need say nuthin.Live with that.
[/quote
Black man,the most silly human on ear

olas2u,this ur last comment about the black man betrays ur identity i.e if u r not an indian like i earlier predicted.Or r u their spokespers in naija.You r doing a good job.Thumps up.
Is anything wrong in a blackman asking for more money based on overtime agreed in his employment agreement?
ROFLMAO.
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by vladimiros: 9:59pm On May 11, 2011
@ Judas

huge task for you

start ur own company and in 20 years you must be with nearly 14 Billion dollars

and on the forbes list as richest african self made

start nowww

like its dangote job or divine right to give Nigerians job
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 11, 2011
judas11:

hmmmm

olas2u,this your last comment about the black man betrays your identity i.e if u r not an indian like i earlier predicted.Or r u their spokespers in naija.You r doing a good job.Thumps up.
Is anything wrong in a blackman asking for more money based on overtime agreed in his employment agreement?
ROFLMAO.

Niger ni mi bobo yii!There is nothing wrong ,so many factors affect our performance .our materialism ,culture ,values etc added together is a problem for even business to grow if you start yours.
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by juicyemmy(m): 10:34pm On May 11, 2011
@vladmiros,

I find your comments very insulting as a Nigerian.So Dangote and BUA should insult our sensibilities because they have money and can do what ever they wish.Its clearer now why we are not moving forward in this country because poeple like you have cotton wool for brains.Maybe olas2u is right afterall.Nigerians are Nigeria's number 1 problem.
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by vladimiros: 11:36pm On May 11, 2011
@ Juicy

sorry if you did not get my point

but Dangote has done alot for employing Nigerians but we Nigerians still want more,

am jst saying if you feel you can do better than Dangote

start ur own business and make ur net worth 14 Billion dollars like dangote,

business is not easy to run and when you have many nigerians as employees, and still get hate that not nice
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by juicyemmy(m): 9:09pm On May 12, 2011
No doubt dangote has done
a lot for Naija
but he can still do a lot more better
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by juicyemmy(m): 9:12pm On May 12, 2011
If it was wholly a Naija affair
Naija youths would v been better for it
Imagine a scheme were Naija graduates are trainned maybe, in INdia ,as olas2u will want,to b better skilled and bring back this knowledge home to undertake bigger challenges and responsibilities
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by juicyemmy(m): 9:14pm On May 12, 2011
instead of employn indias,trainning them like in the case of BUA(i wonder what goes on in that company),payn them hard currency after trainning them at our expense and leaving the naija youth worst for it wit peenuts and no development
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by juicyemmy(m): 9:15pm On May 12, 2011
naija i hail theeeee
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by denaija(m): 6:56pm On May 16, 2011
with the way olas2u is going.I wouldn't be surprised if he suggests an indiaman runs for the office of the president federal republic of Nigeria. So much for being a nigerian.mschewwwwwwwwwww
Re: The Truth Behind Dangote's $2 Million Dollars To Develop Africans by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 16, 2011
de-naija:

with the way olas2u is going.I wouldn't be surprised if he suggests an indiaman runs for the office of the president federal republic of Nigeria. So much for being a nigerian.mschewwwwwwwwwww

So you dont know they control a part of the Nigerian economy through industry,some were given nationals honours and Nigerian citizenship,you dont like the truth.Go to ilupeju industrial estate,Sango otta,orile ,ikeja industrial.They are large suppliers in Nigeria and they can crash the price of any commodity if they want.when you bringing in a container load of rice ,they are bringing in ship load .Have you heard of stallion group.They Bleep Nigeria every day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mend Want Chibuike Amaechi To Become South South President. Nwokocha as VP / FG Puts Aregbesola On Security Watch On His Plan To Islamize Osun State / Female Billionaire, Mrs Alakija Loses Her Position To A Younger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.