Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,880 members, 7,889,927 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:00 AM

The Present Crop Of Pastors, Heaven Or Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Present Crop Of Pastors, Heaven Or Hell? (210 Views)

The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) / If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Present Crop Of Pastors, Heaven Or Hell? by referendum01(m): 12:52am On Jul 12, 2021
The burial of one of Nigerias televangelist has come and gone. T.B Joshua the senior pastor of the Synagogue church of all nation died on the 5th June in a very peaceful manner anyone would pray that God allows him to pass on. There is nothing like peaceful passage. No doubt his passage has left a deep hole, a very big wound in the heart of many especially the immediate family. May the Lord rest his soul.

I have struggled since after his burial to put this piece together. Reason being that T.B Joshua was a man I knew from a distance. Many thing were said about him which i have no proof nor evidence to support and so would not join the gang of accusers and traducers.

But I recall visiting Ikotun a certain time and I was opoortuned to passby his church. Apart from the magnificent and jaw dropping cathedral, I saw trailer loads of rice stacked and waiting for distribution. When I enquired I was told the stacked bags were for charity and that what I saw was a culture in Synagogue church under the leadership of late T.B Joshua ministry.

Let me set the record straight especially for those who will think I am a paid writer. No I am neither a member late T.B Joshua church. However, I am a proud member of the body of Christ and of the IGBO stock. Better put I am a minister in one of the biggest Pentecostal churches in Lagos Nigeria.

I took time to watch the burial programme of this man of God, and I was shocked to my bone marrow what I witnessed. Since after then i have been left thinking of this whole religion thing again and again. Many questions flooding my heart. For a big man of God like T.B Joshua, I had expected to grace an event that will proud of the presence of great men of God in this country. But to my greatest surprise, I couldnt find any. I was indeed disappointed.

Honestly, my heart aches. I am deeply saddened and terrified by this show of shame and utter careless and irrespknsibilty exhibited in the body of Christ. What was T.B Joshua sin that even in death, men of God in this country could not at least show up at his burial? Let me say this again I was truly pained.

For goodness sake where was Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Olukoya, Oyakhilome, Enenche, Mike Okonkwo, Catholic and Anglican bishops of Lagos ecetera? Were they on the mount praying for the peaceful repose of the soul of T.B Joshua or they had jetted out on field ministeration that none of them could be human enough to stand by the family of a fellow fallen soldier in time like this?

As a member of the body of Christ myself, I have told people forget about what people say about the church. The body of Christ is a perfect and genuine religion. Don't be deceived about that. We only have divisions and funny pastors and members who make the whole body look like a child's play. Reason I have told people to know Jesus one on one for themselves. Only the truth you know can keep you in times of big surprises like this one. My whole being has terribly been shaken, I am only standing becausenof the truth I know which is Jesus Christ.

What I witnessed in the course of T.B Joshua burial is indeed terrible. Whatever may be his offence, at a least he was a human first before becoming a man of God. At least he gathered soul for heaven, gave hope to many, preached the word and he also admonished many to strive to make heaven which are the basics of every message we all preach. What else matters? If T.B Joshua was bad as many have opined, couldnt we have left him to his God the perfect judge and at least honour his memory with our presence.

For the fact that he preached the scriptures was that not enough to attract the sympathy of these mighty men of God. I also observed that many never sent a condolence message to the wife and children. What more could be callous and despicable. I am sure even Jesus would have attended during his early ministry.

There are countless portions of the scripture where Jesus demonstrated forgiveness and at least showed a good example of what is expected of those who claim to follow him. Jesus ate with sinners, healed them and did all sort to the point he was accused of rolling with unbelievers. Yet he was not detered.

Again I ask, what was Late T.B Joshuas offence that couldn't not be forgiven him even in death?

The division in the body of Christ is satanic. I know Islam is no exception. Christians must learn to imbibe and follow the vitues of Jesus Christ. He was a friend to all both the rich, poor, sinners and the righteous and in fact he was more a friend to sinners. That alone endeared people to him. We can't be preaching what we find so had to practice that is called hypocricy. That men of God in this nation were missing in T.B Joshua burial leaves so much to desire. It is totally in bad taste, wrong and condemnable. Therefore, we must truly repent.

If T.B Joshua burial can be treated with such disdain by men and women who ought to know and act better, what then is the hope of the common believer when he passes on?

I am deeply heartbroken and I am left to wonder if it is heaven or hell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Present Crop Of Pastors, Heaven Or Hell? by 2special(m): 2:25am On Jul 12, 2021
Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, if you keep looking unto how others practice their own Christianity, you might be diverted..... and nothing should shock you again and what's the big deal if they didn't attend the funeral, even his initimate friend, Pastor Chris later kept a distance from him when he was still alive.... Probably, they have their own genuine reason for not attending, their reasons might not be meant for the Public... withhold Judgement...m
Re: The Present Crop Of Pastors, Heaven Or Hell? by petra1(m): 7:59am On Jul 12, 2021
There could have been several reason for not attending. Maybe not invited by the church. etc. who knows becauwe its mostly foreigners that i saw. But concern was more about condolence visit or at least send delegates or talk about it openly.

Some coukd talk about Michael jackson and Mandella death

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Death Of Sound Sultan: My Impacts. / What Jesus Taught About Prayer / Jesus The Good Shepherd; Answer His Voice Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.