Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,911 members, 7,872,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:09 AM

‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ (1480 Views)

Dolapo Osinbajo At Segun Awolowo's 25th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Results In Southwest Favours Buhari, Jonathan Only Won Ekiti State.(RESULTS) / Obasanjo Summons Southwest PDP Emergency Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 11, 2011
The era when the citizenry had no place in the consideration of the few with their mandate to lead is certainly over, especially in the Southwestern part of this country. With the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in the saddle, people will have something to show for their mandate.”

The above were the words of Chief Olarotimi Makinde, who in the recent National Assembly elections, was elected into the House of Representatives from Ife Federal Constituency. He ran on the platform of the ACN.

Makinde, who spoke the performance of his party in the elections, especially in the Southwest, which is known as the traditional base of the progressives among politicians, right from time immemorial, said: “What the like of the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo did to governance in the Southwest is still fresh in our memories. We all know what he stood for with his parties. We all remember the laudable cardinal programmes of the Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) of those days and how the tradition of purposeful administration came to be permanent among his followers. This is why when people hear of ACN today, it is easily linked with selfless service to the greatest number of the people which politics should naturally be all about.”

Describing administration of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) after the 2003 “wonder” elections as a virus that had been uprooted in the April, 2011 polls, Makinde sympathized with the people of the Southwest for what they suffered in the hands of the PDP during the period they were made to eat “political bones instead of meat.”

“We thank God that relief has finally come to our region. While its reign lasted, the PDP sent leadership decorum and people-oriented governance in abeyance, putting in their stead, a harrowing regime of deprivations and insecurity. Our people watched helplessly as their exploiters held sway in looting spree of their resources. We can’t but celebrate and appreciate the leadership of ACN for remaining dogged in the fight to unseat and indeed dislodge the interlopers, thereby paving the way for good governance and peaceful atmosphere,” he said.

He did not leave the people out in his gratitude: “The achievement of our party in the last elections is a clear signal of the people’s readiness to say final bye to exploitation by the PDP men who showed ample lack of vision and reliable agenda of service for the welfare of the people. It is laudable that the people, especially in the Southwest, keyed into ACN vision and employed their votes wisely. They (the people) deserve to be praised for using their votes to chart a good course for their future and that of their children’s children.”

He admonished the people to keep faith with the ACN, cooperate with all those representing the party in both executive and legislative capacities; pay taxes without reservation and expect to reap the fruits of their sacrifices.

Makinde was particularly effusive in profound praises on the governors of Lagos, Osun and Ekiti states for being models of good governance. “The whole world acknowledges what is happening in Lagos under the able leadership of Babatunde Fashola. Come down to Osun to feel and see what is happening to the people of the state under Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola; then go to Ekiti and see the impressive things Dr. Kayode Fayemi is doing with the mandate of Ekiti people. The wind of change is blowing and the people are now singing songs of joy and relief. We are indeed in for the good old days when political leadership did not translate to a licence to loot public treasury.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/politics/5706-%E2%80%98awolowo-days-back-in-southwest%E2%80%99.html
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 11, 2011
So there are no enemies of change in the ACN?
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by dayokanu(m): 7:35pm On May 11, 2011
God bless SW
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 11, 2011
dayokanu:

God bless SW
Why not God bless Nigeria?
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 11, 2011
J12:

Why not God bless Nigeria?
Which Nigeria?
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by dayokanu(m): 9:38pm On May 11, 2011
Wetin consign me with Nigeria of PDP?

Abeg God bless ACN and SW
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 11, 2011
He he. Nothing stain your boxers, carry go!
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Dede1(m): 10:10pm On May 11, 2011
@POST

Yes, you can not be more correct as Awo days are back in SW. Nigerians wished SW and ACN the same political faith that befell western region of Nigeria under Action Group which earned the region the appellation “Wild Wild West.”
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Vallo57(m): 11:58pm On May 11, 2011
Dede1:

@POST

Yes, you can not be more correct as Awo days are back in SW. Nigerians wished SW and ACN the same political faith that befell western region of Nigeria under Action Group which earned the region the appellation “Wild Wild West.”

Abeg Papa Nkechi go sidon. Everyone on NL know say your middle name be "killjoy".
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Ngodigha: 12:12am On May 12, 2011
Vallo57:

Abeg Papa Nkechi go sidon. Everyone on NL know say your middle name be "killjoy".
Don't be insultive poor boy.
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Chyz2: 12:23am On May 12, 2011
Lmao!!!!
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Justcash(m): 12:33am On May 12, 2011
Story. Much ado about Nothing.
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Chyz2: 12:43am On May 12, 2011
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by T9ksy(m): 12:47am On May 12, 2011
Dede1:

@POST

And who are these "nigerians" wishing armegeddon on the western region?
If you are referring to your ilk, well tough.
Fortunately, if wishes are like horses, your bloody pigs will zoom around in space.
At any rate, we SWners don't give a rat's ar.se what you desire for us. We know what we want and we are going for it. if that displeases you, who cares? Go kiss a transformer!

I rest in the knowledge that if your deep-rooted desire does not materialise for your dreaded enemy, there's sweet F.A you can do about it.

However, if you decide to set the ball rolling by trying to rig in yorubaland, be rest assurred that you will be the first casuality of that "wild wild west".
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Vallo57(m): 1:05am On May 12, 2011
Ngodigha:

Don't be insultive poor boy.

Sharrap block head.
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by zstranger: 1:23am On May 12, 2011
All propaganda, little action

hmm,

Awolowo, were he to be alive, would be ashamed of ACN leadership.

To each his own sha
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by RoadStar: 12:40pm On May 12, 2011
No be Only Awolowo, what about the greatest Yoruba warrior, Shango and Oduduwa days back in the southwest.
Just keep fantasizing in the past .
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by T9ksy(m): 3:31pm On May 12, 2011
RoadStar:

No be Only Awolowo, what about the greatest Yoruba warrior, Shango and Oduduwa days back in the southwest.
Just keep fantasizing in the past .

Dreams die first!!!

At least we have something to fantasize on.
What do you have? Sweet F.A.
Haters. . . . . . . . . .
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by RoadStar: 5:23pm On May 12, 2011
T9ksy:

Dreams die first!!!

At least we have something to fantasize on.
What do you have? Sweet F.A.
Haters. . . . . . . . . .

I'm not hating , just saying I prefer Shango to Awo.
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Dede1(m): 5:32pm On May 12, 2011
T9ksy:

And who are these "nigerians" wishing armegeddon on the western region?
If you are referring to your ilk, well tough.
Fortunately, if wishes are like horses, your bloody pigs will zoom around in space.
At any rate, we SWners don't give a rat's ar.se what you desire for us. We know what we want and we are going for it. if that displeases you, who cares? Go kiss a transformer!

I rest in the knowledge that if your deep-rooted desire does not materialise for your dreaded enemy, there's sweet F.A you can do about it.

However, if you decide to set the ball rolling by trying to rig in yorubaland, be rest assurred that you will be the first casuality of that "wild wild west".

I guess only a person of below average intellect would wakeup in the morning and assume all God's creatures are rosy. A loony had posited that Awolowo’s days are back in SW which included the good, bad and ugly. The unadulterated historical facts about the era of Awo and Action Group in western region should always be welcome idea to the Yoruba people. If you disagree with this fact, I guess it is due to your bout with a transformer.
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Mynd44: 5:34pm On May 12, 2011
Hmm this is interesting. The days of Awolowo are back well those ACN guys better perform or they will not come back
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by seanet02: 5:36pm On May 12, 2011
Dede1:

I guess only a person of below average intellect would wakeup in the morning and assume all God's creatures are rosy. A loony had posited that Awolowo’s days are back in SW which included the good, bad and ugly. The unadulterated historical facts about the era of Awo and Action Group in western region should always be welcome idea to the Yoruba people. If you disagree with this fact, I guess it is due to your bout with a transformer.
Dede The Mad Dog from the East is back!!!
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by 2mch(m): 5:36pm On May 12, 2011
Dede1:

Find a new meaning in your life that spending all day searching NL for keywords that contain "Awo". You can never damage the man's reputation no matter how hard you try. Your tantrums and repetitive thrash are not only predictable but similar to that of a mad man.
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Dede1(m): 5:57pm On May 12, 2011
seanet02:

Dede The Mad Dog from the East is back!!!

2mch:

Find a new meaning in your life that spending all day searching NL for keywords that contain "Awo". You can never damage the man's reputation no matter how hard you try. Your tantrums and repetitive thrash are not only predictable but similar to that of a mad man.

Awolowo remains one of the few of my political idols from the cesspit called Nigeria. Only fools such as you would think that a mortal such as Awolowo was perfect in life. What an opinion born out of idiocy. Of course, opinion is a terrible thing every individual is entitled.
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by seanet02: 6:06pm On May 12, 2011
Dede1:

Awolowo remains few of my political idols from the cesspit called Nigeria. Only fools such as you would think that a mortal such as Awolowo was perfect in life. What an opinion born out of idiocy. Of course, opinion is a terrible thing every individual is entitled.
Thunder fire you for that statement!!
Should i start moving out the files out Olodo?
You think we have forgotten all those Idiotic statements of you Bigot?
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Ngodigha: 6:11pm On May 12, 2011
seanet02:

Lil nigga, all your posts are so full of insult upon insult. I can't believe that the moderators do not read your thrash.
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by seanet02: 6:14pm On May 12, 2011
Ngodigha:

Lil nigga, all your posts are so full of insult upon insult. I can't believe that the moderators do not read your thrash.

You mean ya sorry arse?
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Ngodigha: 6:19pm On May 12, 2011
seanet02:

You mean ya sorry arse?
Make sure you do not extend your stupidity towards me or else I will shape you up as a monkey which you are.
C'mon get lost and do not reply me, bastardd.
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by seanet02: 6:24pm On May 12, 2011
Ngodigha:

Make sure you do not extend your stupidity towards me or else I will shape you up as a monkey which you are.
Look at this Duped LovePeddler?
You think am one of those Kidnappers abi?
You are so steewped
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Dede1(m): 10:41pm On May 12, 2011
seanet02:

In all considerations, I guess thunder will visit with you for unmitigated display of idiocy. Granted Awo had serious political flaws as a local champion of tribal politics, he stood out as one of the astute political operatives that came out of the jungle called Nigeria.

Only fools such as you who could not reason out a falsehood to save their miserable lives will conclude that cherished figure has no faults. From your silly utterances, there is no doubt you may not recognize your parents while on the platter of Awolowo's political aggrandizement.
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by Dede1(m): 10:46pm On May 12, 2011
Ngodigha:

Please do not waste your precious time debating “seanet02” that is known on this forum as a domesticated monkey. Posts coming from the housefly are incoherent drivels.
Re: ‘Awolowo Days Back In Southwest’ by T9ksy(m): 10:51pm On May 12, 2011
Dede1:

At any rate, wetin konsern ur agbero with our ovaload sef?
We yorubas welcome "Awolowo days" back in the southwest.
Wetin dey pain you 4 dat one?
Shoouldn't you be wishing for "Azikwe's days" back in your region?
The good old days when zik and his NCNC vagabonds were so far up the sardunna's ar.se, one couldn't make
out where the sardunna's ar.se ends and the slimy zik's face starts.

Whether you and (your ilk)like it or not, the good old days are back and we SWners are jubilating. Unfortunately, there's nothing you guys can do about it.
So just STFU!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jimoh Ibrahim Acquires Oceanic Bank, Sao Tome / Gej Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery / Some Nigerians Suspected To Be CIA Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.