Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,655 members, 7,878,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 09:33 AM

Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People (27666 Views)

Can I Gain Admission Without WAEC Results / Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by sylve11: 5:23pm On Jul 17, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

there is nothing you can do to regain the respect from your friends, after years of disrespect. you might as well get rid of these bastard people you call friends, and find better people in your life.

Lol @ bastard grin cool
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by sylve11: 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
halogate:

Once I notice anyone wants to take me for granted..I cut u federal warning and dash u gap shirt..

Lol grin cool
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
You said it urself, you are too playful
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by sylve11: 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
personal59:
Kill two people openly

Which type be this na? grin shocked sad cool
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by ogawisdom(m): 5:32pm On Jul 17, 2021
GeneralKoko:
I have been a victim of disrespect over the years from mainly my friends. I don't know if it is because I'm too free or too playful but I hardly gain the respect of people.

Please I need tips on how to gain the respect and loyalty of my friends.
Thanks

Start by respecting yourself

How?

Anybody dt disrespects u cut d bastard off n move on
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by jaxxy(m): 5:34pm On Jul 17, 2021
GeneralKoko:
I have been a victim of disrespect over the years from mainly my friends. I don't know if it is because I'm too free or too playful but I hardly gain the respect of people.

Thanks

Simple respect urself 1st. Then develop urself and self esteem.

Also how do u define disrespect in ur context?? So it can be clear?
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by rapheal5(m): 5:34pm On Jul 17, 2021
GeneralKoko:

Thanks
o ti bo... grin
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Prime1(m): 5:36pm On Jul 17, 2021
GeneralKoko:

Thanks

Its simple bro....

Be always unavailable by getting yourself busy
Move with people you think are better than your current friends

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Fortez: 5:52pm On Jul 17, 2021
You don’t gain it you earn it
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Eastcoastboy(m): 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:
These are tips I apply to myself.

1. Be self reliant.: Never give impression that you can't exist alone or catch fun without your friends, and learn to take care of yourself without depending on people. If u are fond of borrowing..reduce it, and work hard to earn a living.
2. Work on your interest: Get busy, and work on personal goal towards achievement. When u achieve something unexpected, people respect u.
3. Talk less of your secret and plans: Don't reveal everything about yourself or what u are working on. See finish dey cause disrespect. And when u tell people abt ur goals, and if u later dint achieve it, people will see u as irresponsible and lazy...people don't respect such people. Keep ur plans to yasef
4. Don't discuss certain embarrassing moments u had in the past. Some people will judge u by it.
5. Appear neat all the time, and exude confidence, and also carry yourself with some sense of pride....little pride won't kill you.
6. Don't always please people. Yes we like to act nice and be on good books of people...but over time people take u for granted. Sometimes don't give people what they ask for. Don't act nice when they are shit...
7. Don't condone disrespect. Always call out the bullshit of anyone anywhere..don't make it like a joke... treat the Bleep up of people instantly.
8. Reduce ur frequency of laughter with people. Don't laugh to every joke and with everybody
9 Reduce your greetings. Yes some people want u to greet them all the time just to feel themselves. Sometimes, learn to bone/ snub people, and face ur front like someone serious without looking sideways. if they greet u fine...and if they don't, it's not all the time u have to greet.
10. Reduce ur argument and charter when u don't have something reasonable to say especially with people of low mind...
11...Then get a girlfriend if u don't have. Guys also respect u when ladies come around to fvvck u or come around as ur babe grin

12. Get a job and your personal apartment if you don't have. It will help to project you as a serious responsible perosn

Nice advice right there. If I sense any form of disrespect from you I distant myself from you.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by PotatoSalad(m): 6:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
To command respect, you have to respect yourself first.
same rule applies to love. You have to love yourself so that people can love you too.
Happiness too.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Eastcoastboy(m): 6:31pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:

We learn everyday....
And I forgot a point...reduce the way you ask questions...some questions may be troubling or unreasonable..yes, asking too many questions from people might make u seem like u don't know shit....so reduce questions to minimum
And reduce how u complain to people who don't matter a bit to ur problem

Here's an OG bros please how old are you? Early, middle or late 20's or 30's?
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Eastcoastboy(m): 6:33pm On Jul 17, 2021
shadrach77:
It's quite simple.
1. Respect yourself. Don't discuss your problems with people.
2. Try not to limit the help you ask from people I possible don't ask for any
3. Don't tell people about your personal life. Keep to yourself
4. When you notice certain people are talking down at you or looking down at you, avoid them
5. Do things which will enhance your life eg education /personal training
6. Pray constantly and be closer to God

No. 6 I feel guilty rn. Been distant from my maker.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Eastcoastboy(m): 6:33pm On Jul 17, 2021
shadrach77:
It's quite simple.
1. Respect yourself. Don't discuss your problems with people.
2. Try not to limit the help you ask from people I possible don't ask for any
3. Don't tell people about your personal life. Keep to yourself
4. When you notice certain people are talking down at you or looking down at you, avoid them
5. Do things which will enhance your life eg education /personal training
6. Pray constantly and be closer to God

No. 6 I feel guilty rn. Been distant from my maker of late.

1 Like

fredoooooo:
Get money

Sure odd.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Stupidquestions: 6:37pm On Jul 17, 2021
Eastcoastboy:

Here's an OG bros please how old are you? Early, middle or late 20's or 30's?
30's

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Eastcoastboy(m): 6:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:

It's a lifestyle for some people actually...Not something they have to read from book to do...I gave that piece by just looking at my self in the past and myself right now as a very conscious adult in real life

You dished out a real advice. Keeping to myself and not talking about my shit has earned me my due respect. Like most of what you mentioned there is what I do sub consciously. But na money I no get. Nd I notice I kinda distance myself from people that have the racks because I get too sensitive around them nd once I sense any iota of disrespect I keep you on arms length. Do you think it's right?

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Stupidquestions: 6:40pm On Jul 17, 2021
Eastcoastboy:

You dished out a real advice. Keeping to myself and not talking about my shit has earned me my due respect. Like most of what you mentioned there is what I do sub consciously. But na money I no get. Nd I notice I kinda distance myself from people that have the racks because I get too sensitive around them nd once I sense any iota of disrespect I keep you on arms length. Do you think it's right?
Sure it's cool. When u earn respect among people, they wil wish to meet or roam with u..and they will treat u with courtesy

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Eastcoastboy(m): 6:47pm On Jul 17, 2021
About dressing fine. I dress fine like I clean up real good. Not like all those G'boys but like I dress corporate, casual, nd cultural as the circumstances nd occasion warrants but at times I give off that perception that I have money nd people want to get close nd I find myself not wanting them to because they might think I'm faking. You get but I've over the years learnt how to take care of the little I have nd knowing how to combo them. What do you think about these? Should i cut down or just grant them access (Crib) and allow them talk whatever or feel however they want to feel towards me. But I hate been mehn!
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by hedonido: 6:48pm On Jul 17, 2021
VlamesIffect:
If dem no call you...no call them

This is a very selfish and unrealistic perspective. If the next person is waiting for you to call him or her, while you are also waiting for them to call you, what happens?

It's never that simple. This brain we all have (well, most of us) is for discernment.... When to be active or passive, when to give or receive, when to act stupid or be wise, when to stoop low or raise shoulders, when to surrender or soldier on......

Yes, discernment is everything.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Eastcoastboy(m): 6:48pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:

30's

More feathers to your cap.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by belovedsonofGod: 6:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
Avoid alot of people and learn how to be alone.

Appear mysterious to people!

Be difficult to understand.

The Pharisees feared and respected Jesus because Jesus was mysterious.

9 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by hedonido: 7:00pm On Jul 17, 2021
SocialJustice:
You gain respect by respecting yourself.

As for loyal friends, you need to divide the people around you into 3.

1. Acquaintance
2. Friend
3. Inner circle and family.

The inner circle is where your loyal friends reside. If anyone there abuses the privilege, you demote them to 2 or back to 1, then they have to work their way back to 3.

I really can't explain it in full here but that's what you should do.
Mind reader.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by VlamesIffect(f): 7:06pm On Jul 17, 2021
hedonido:

This is a very selfish and unrealistic perspective. If the next person is waiting for you to call him or her, while you are also waiting for them to call you, what happens?

It's never that simple. This brain we all have (well, most of us) is for discernment.... When to be active or passive, when to give or receive, when to act stupid or be wise, when to stoop low or raise shoulders, when to surrender or soldier on......

Yes, discernment is everything.

Mr Man.... As far as discernment is concerned these are my own perspectives, just because it doesn't please your hearing doesn't mean it don't hold validity in my space.

Also boy learn to address people next time with a little bit of etiquette... I didn't direct the statement to you. You don't like my wordings hiss & move on.

I guess your discernment wasn't sensible this time.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by hedonido: 7:19pm On Jul 17, 2021
VlamesIffect:

Mr Man.... As far as discernment is concerned these are my own perspectives, just because it doesn't please your hearing doesn't mean it don't hold validity in my space.

Also boy learn to address people next time with a little bit of etiquette... I didn't direct the statement to you. You don't like my wordings hiss & move on.

I guess your discernment wasn't sensible this time.

You're obviously a damaged dunce. Real life grumpy, bitter, whisperly nobody.

Na frustration go kill you. Mumu. Lol. If you like quote me again, I wouldn't read it sef. All these psychos wey na online commenting be their only escape.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by iamL(f): 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:

It's non verbal respect. I don't need to say much about this. Cos I can actut write a page on it

Guys who aren't loose commands respect. People see them as the real men with potentials even mother's will want their daughters to hook such.

I personally don't have respect for such people.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by AvalonSpace(m): 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
GeneralKoko:

Thanks
How do you dress?
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by MrJavaS: 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2021
You gave them face
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by iamL(f): 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
MT:
Be consciously scarce.

This has worked fastest for me.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by obiscent(m): 7:59pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:

1. Be self reliant.: Never give impression that you can't exist alone or catch fun without your friends, and learn to take care of yourself without depending on people. If u are fond of borrowing..reduce it, and work hard to earn a living.
2. Work on your interest: Get busy, and work on personal goal towards achievement. When u achieve something unexpected, people respect u.
3. Talk less of your secret and plans: Don't reveal everything about yourself or what u are working on. See finish dey cause disrespect. And when u tell people abt ur goals, and if u later dint achieve it, people will see u as irresponsible and lazy...people don't respect such people. Keep ur plans to yasef
4. Don't discuss certain embarrassing moments u had in the past. Some people will judge u by it.
5. Appear neat all the time, and exude confidence, and also carry yourself with some sense of pride....little pride won't kill you.
6. Don't always please people. Yes we like to act nice and be on good books of people...but over time people take u for granted. Sometimes don't give people what they ask for. Don't act nice when they are shit...
7. Don't condone disrespect. Always call out the bullshit of anyone anywhere..don't make it like a joke... treat the Bleep up of people instantly.
8. Reduce ur frequency of laughter with people. Don't laugh to every joke and with everybody
9 Reduce your greetings. Yes some people want u to greet them all the time just to feel themselves. Sometimes, learn to bone/ snub people, and face ur front like someone serious without looking sideways. if they greet u fine...and if they don't, it's not all the time u have to greet.
10. Reduce ur argument and charter when u don't have something reasonable to say especially with people of low mind...
11...Then get a girlfriend if u don't have. Guys also respect u when ladies come around to fvvck u or come around as ur babe grin

12. Get a job and your personal apartment if you don't have. It will help to project you as a serious responsible perosn
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by obiscent(m): 8:00pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:

Baba oil dey your head
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Starboytwo(m): 8:12pm On Jul 17, 2021
pansophist:
What I do that makes people respect me.

1. I own my shit. One thing you'll never see me do is borrow money from you, or expect you to pay my bills (eg if we go out), or by just becoming a burden to people. Never. I'll rather sweep Oshodi expressway to Mile 2 and get paid, than beg for money. My life motto is that I must be able to carry my own weight at least.

2. Self treatment. I don't eat, drink, or digest any rubbish because its sweet. So smoking, drinking beer and soda, and any unhealthy substance is a no no. You are what you eat. If you eat junk, you'll look like junk. If I lift my shirt right now, you'll see clean six packs. No joke. Eating for nutrition instead of taste is a key to self respect. Let food by thy medicine. And the best part is that you'll be fine and healthy.

3. Useless friends - I get mentioned alot on nairaland for example, but if you don't have sense I won't waste a single energy responding to you. I have few friends, and they matter. If I call three of my friends right not that I need cash, four will respond positively. Doesn't mean I ask, just telling you the quality of friends I keep. If you keep idiots as friends, you'll suffer from idiotic problems.

4. Keeping to my lane - infact it is only nairaland I write a lot but in real life, I'm a damn introvert. I'll be looking like I did not know anything but my brain has done all the quadratic equations and guessed accurately what anyone is up to. So yea, do not go where you're not invited, and keep to yourself. Don't talk anyhow. It's tempting I know, but just shut up man.

5. Competence - this is the most important one. You must be good at something. Pick on thing and do it well. It can be anything, but it's easier if you're passionate about it. For example when I was in school, I was known as the best writer and speaker. Like seriously it's impossible to sleep if I handle the mic. Dem no born you well. Try am. You can't. I've always been interested about how the human mind process words, and calibrated my speech in such a way that sparks your interests and brings out that childlike curiosity that has been beaten away by suffering of adulthood.

When you're good at something, people will come to you for it. And it brings confidence. You'll feel good about yourself and your ability, and respect will come naturally.

5. Exercise. I hold the opinion that you can't feel confident if you know deeply that you're not physically attractive. When you can easily get in and out of relationship and have options scattered around you, you'll have confidence as it signifies your value. Think about it, why do young girls of maybe 17, that are broke, have no achievement in the real world but have ego the size of aso rock? Yea you guess right. They are at their prime, naturally attractive, hence the confidence. They know the value they hold, and it let them navigate life with pride. As a man, you can tap from it too. Go lift heavy weight man, eat healthy and rock a bad ass beard. Fine like mad. Even if you're an idiot, your confidence will sky rocket.

Self disappointment - stop it. You said you'll visit grandma but didn't go, or that you'll loose weight but slack. Or your new year resolution dumped. Come on man. If you disappoint yourself, then its impossible to respect yourself. Do shit you want to do, dutifully. And do things that are hard. The only way out is always through it. If you can't rely on the promise you gave yourself, why would someone else do? Treat yourself like someone you care for. It's hard I know, but its the way out.

Would have written more, but I'm tired. Digest this one first. Later jare. cool
this up here is one of the best stuffs I have read this year. O deep. No 2 is damn hard. I always relapse every time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Truck Kills 2 Persons Celebrating Valentine In Akwa Ibom State. Graphic Photos / 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life / Generator Fumes Kills 3 In Benin, Edo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.