Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,323 members, 7,881,189 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:06 PM

Cocaine Importer, Obidike Onodyer Jailed Seven Years in Lagos High Court - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cocaine Importer, Obidike Onodyer Jailed Seven Years in Lagos High Court (16904 Views)

Lagos Carpenter Jailed Seven Years For Pouring Acid On Ex- Girlfriend, lover / Man Jailed Seven Years For N30m Fraud In Lagos - Picture / Importer Whose Container Was Sized, Invites A Native Doctor To Perform Voodoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cocaine Importer, Obidike Onodyer Jailed Seven Years in Lagos High Court by frog12: 9:47am On Jul 27, 2021
na lie. which western, asian or latin country decriminalise cocaine ?

nextstep:
They should just make this thing legal joor... it sells because there are customers who can afford it.

Now think - what kind of people can afford expensive habits like cocaine? For sure not the average person who is struggling to buy bread and beans in this era.

Now we're sending people to jail and encouraging criminal activities. If cocaine was legal, it would severely damage the criminal element, crashing prices, and leave us to concentrate on more important things.

It's medically legal, as well as decriminalized in many Western, Latin, and Asian countries.
Re: Cocaine Importer, Obidike Onodyer Jailed Seven Years in Lagos High Court by Geeman2006: 10:17am On Jul 27, 2021
oldman112:
All these is common sense, allow them import it, jail the users and buyers, once you jail like hundreds and thousands of them, the business will clash. They can then try another country, we can be involved in everything, funny enough if the jailing starts you will be surprised the number of our policians sons abd daughters that will be jailed, na free money them Dey use buy all these drugs and na there Papa Dey see free money. God Bless Nigeria

You have a point.. Only high net individuals that have access to serious funds can afford that sh!t..

1 Like

Re: Cocaine Importer, Obidike Onodyer Jailed Seven Years in Lagos High Court by Polynek(m): 10:51am On Jul 27, 2021
Upon all dix still many are still in d bixnex
Re: Cocaine Importer, Obidike Onodyer Jailed Seven Years in Lagos High Court by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 27, 2021
nextstep:
They should just make this thing legal joor... it sells because there are customers who can afford it.

Now think - what kind of people can afford expensive habits like cocaine? For sure not the average person who is struggling to buy bread and beans in this era.

Now we're sending people to jail and encouraging criminal activities. If cocaine was legal, it would severely damage the criminal element, crashing prices, and leave us to concentrate on more important things.

It's medically legal, as well as decriminalized in many Western, Latin, and Asian countries.

NDLEA suppose investigate you. NO COUNTRY has cocaine as legal because it kills. Not one country. This is how you foolish people come online and spread lies to justify your criminality. Even weed has only in the last few years been made legal in some US states with a medical prescription.
Re: Cocaine Importer, Obidike Onodyer Jailed Seven Years in Lagos High Court by nextstep(m): 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
Speaktruth88:

NDLEA suppose investigate you. NO COUNTRY has cocaine as legal because it kills. Not one country. This is how you foolish people come online and spread lies to justify your criminality. Even weed has only in the last few years been made legal in some US states with a medical prescription.

Indeed, no country. Unlike what's shown here. There are indications of countries as varied as Brazil, Switzerland, Columbia, Greece have decriminalized it for private use. If we'd said the same thing about weed 10 years ago, you probably would have said the same thing. It's actually legal for recreational use (not just prescription) in 18 states including California and New York.

Drugs are harmful and addictive, yes. However, the war on it cocaine has not stopped the people in USA and other wealthy countries from buying it, and only enriches criminals. Decriminalize it, is all I'm saying.

Re: Cocaine Importer, Obidike Onodyer Jailed Seven Years in Lagos High Court by yemmywesey(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2021
Drug money ���� na bomb.
Re: Cocaine Importer, Obidike Onodyer Jailed Seven Years in Lagos High Court by nextstep(m): 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
frog12:
na lie. which western, asian or latin country decriminalise cocaine ?

https://www.unaids.org/en/resources/presscentre/featurestories/2020/march/20200303_drugs
"Czechia, the Netherlands, Portugal and Switzerland are among a handful of countries that have decriminalized drug use and possession for personal use and that have also invested in harm reduction programmes. Consequently, diagnoses among people who inject drugs in those countries are low."

In addition, google search results:

Re: Cocaine Importer, Obidike Onodyer Jailed Seven Years in Lagos High Court by nextstep(m): 2:16pm On Jul 27, 2021
egunna:
so coz it's d rich men dat take it,we shud condone it?do u know d effects of these hard drugs?get sense abeg

Upon all the war-against-drugs, it's a $350-billion industry according to estimates. Because it's illegal, criminals make a *huge* chunk of this, people end up dead due to gang-related activity, and people do all kinds of dangerous things to make, transport, obtain and use them.

There are laws in Oregon USA, Mexico, Switzerland, Netherlands, and a handful of others that have decriminalized it because the facts show that it's ultimately safer for people to sell and obtain without resorting to violence, drug houses, drug mules, or the larger social costs of incarceration, the secondary effects of disease/infection etc.

Yes, it's dangerous and addictive, but since people who want it are getting it - despite being illegal - it can be regulated so it's safer for consumption, like any other drug or food - which is ultimately better for consumers.

The mindset about Marijuana has changed significantly in the past 20 years... I suspect it's only a matter of time for the same to be true of cocaine - despite how much more dangerous and addictive it is. Some countries are slowly taking a stance of treatment, vs. punishment for addicts, and you'll see the evolution of thought more towards open use.
Re: Cocaine Importer, Obidike Onodyer Jailed Seven Years in Lagos High Court by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2021
nextstep:

Indeed, no country. Unlike what's shown here. There are indications of countries as varied as Brazil, Switzerland, Columbia, Greece have decriminalized it for private use. If we'd said the same thing about weed 10 years ago, you probably would have said the same thing. It's actually legal for recreational use (not just prescription) in 18 states including California and New York.

Drugs are harmful and addictive, yes. However, the war on it cocaine has not stopped the people in USA and other wealthy countries from buying it, and only enriches criminals. Decriminalize it, is all I'm saying.

Did you read what you sent? Decriminalised meant not arresting people for being caught with a small amount on their person as opposed to trafficking which is what these criminals are doing. I don tire for una on this platform. Stop spreading false information to get people in trouble
Re: Cocaine Importer, Obidike Onodyer Jailed Seven Years in Lagos High Court by nextstep(m): 10:30pm On Jul 28, 2021
Speaktruth88:
Did you read what you sent? Decriminalised meant not arresting people for being caught with a small amount on their person as opposed to trafficking which is what these criminals are doing. I don tire for una on this platform. Stop spreading false information to get people in trouble

I agree with you. I should have emphasized that cocaine should be legalized. The thrust of my argument is: "if it's no longer illegal to manufacture, transport, possess, or use a drug, it would remove all the illegal activities currently involved". Drug smuggling won't be a thing anymore, and neither would be all the loss of life and incarceration that currently results.

The current war on drugs does not prevent those who want it from getting it, so to me it's wasted effort.

Decriminalization - to me - is typically a first step towards legalization.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Took To Sodomizing Boys When My Girlfriend Left Me - Gay Man / Bandit Kingpins, Kachallah, Madagwal, 12 Others Killed In Zamfara / Court Sentences 5 Men To Death For Killing Herdsman In Yola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.