Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,855 members, 7,899,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 04:27 AM

Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl (51380 Views)

The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) / 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) / Ebeano Supermarket: CCTV Captures A Lady Turning On A Gas Cooker (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by karkel(m): 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
It seems she was sent to take a revenge or something else as to do with papa got my mama preg and just ghosted like that or maybe a demon afflicted girl
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by tooth4tooth: 1:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
Seun:
This video shows that the staff saw the fire early on. I would like to see if they brought back a fire extinguisher as the commentator said they were going to. I don't believe those lighters alone could have burned down the entire supermarket if they used a fire extinguisher shortly after that employee saw the fire, unless they were storing larger quantities of gas or other flammable materials in the store. I would really love to see what the staff did after detecting the fire.

Update: Also, this video clearly shows that they had a full sized gas cooker connected to gas inside a store. And they placed lighters and gas cylinders on top of the gas cooker. The young girl started the fire by simply using matches to light the cooker. The idiocy of connecting gas to a cooker inside a store and placing flammable goods on top of it is mind-boggling. Ebeano Supermarket has no one to blame but themselves.

The girl could have been sent or she could just have been a naughty kid who, being a kid, didnt know that (1) Lighting a gas stove on fire would burn down the whole store, and (2) there was a CCTV monitoring her actions. I feel that, if an adult sent her, they would have known about the CCTV. We need to find out who connected that stove to a gas and why. I hope the police knows this.
Who wants to go near fire burning under cylinders? What if I get there at the point the cylinders wants to explode ? Friend,it better not to take some risks .
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by BusinessDream: 1:27pm On Jul 27, 2021
Seun:
This video shows that the staff saw the fire early on. I would like to see if they brought back a fire extinguisher as the commentator said they were going to. I don't believe those lighters alone could have burned down the entire supermarket if they used a fire extinguisher shortly after that employee saw the fire, unless they were storing larger quantities of gas or other flammable materials in the store. I would really love to see what the staff did after detecting the fire.

Update: Also, this video clearly shows that they had a full sized gas cooker connected to gas inside a store. And they placed lighters and gas cylinders on top of the gas cooker. The young girl started the fire by simply using matches to light the cooker. The idiocy of connecting gas to a cooker inside a store and placing flammable goods on top of it is mind-boggling. Ebeano Supermarket has no one to blame but themselves.

The girl could have been sent or she could just have been a naughty kid who, being a kid, didnt know that (1) Lighting a gas stove on fire would burn down the whole store, and (2) there was a CCTV monitoring her actions. I feel that, if an adult sent her, they would have known about the CCTV. We need to find out who connected that stove to a gas and why. I hope the police knows this.

I woul like to add that, from what you have said, that girl didn't act alone. Also, how do you connect gas in a store? I expected everything there to be empty but those cyclinders clearly had gas inside or am I missing something here?
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by BabaAduras: 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2021
FalseProphet1:
That girl is possessed, there are dark forces residing inside her, she will grow to become a terrorist in future.

This I have seen

Your response is a typical of response of Nigerians that stems from failure to see real problem, we are so good at addressing Symptoms and leaving the Root Cause of problems. Yoruba man will say "a fi ete si le, a npa lapalapa".

The question no one is asking is, how come Lighters and Gas Bottles (flammable compounds) are left where a nine year old child could easily access them to start the fire?

In a sane world (I don't want to use developed world), the Store will prosecuted by the government for compromising Public Safety. I am sure in America, the parents of the child will sue the store for negligence and exposing their child to danger.

Another point worth discussing was they had a camera capturing the event and that did prompt a quick response for fight and quench the fire? What is the essence of the camera? They had gas bottles and lighters and they are no fire extinguishers? What a dangerous set up!!!!

If you ask me, the said investment of N2b was lost due to stupidity of the Store Owners. If lessons are not learnt from this, we will soon see a repeat of such fire.

1 Like

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by busterr(m): 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2021
Seun:

No matter what, the girl is possessed ooo
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by dazzlingd(m): 2:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
There is more to this....this was a planned act
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by busterr(m): 2:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
post=104139080:
We were so shocked watching this video 24 hours ago.
How can a 9 year old girl be so devilish and evil! shocked
While interrogating her,
She said no one sent her, that she did it on her own,
While the men/interviewers insisted it was her mother that told are to go light up that gas and cooker part of the supermarket, but this little girl insisted, she did it alone (even after threatening her with 'dirty slaps' on her face!)

And we don't want to believe a Supermarket as big as that can be selling Gas cylinders, with actual inflammable gas inside them
We still can't comprehend whatagwan!

Perhaps mehnnnn..........

This makes sense to us now.
Thanks Sir Sariel and QueenDom!
We appreciate.

@Sariel,
We no be Bro o,
We are simply WE.

Don't you think the ufoufo you typed and your moniker sounds alike.
You must be the ufoufo in real life,,
whatever that means!
wink

You're a guy.
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by dazzlingd(m): 2:29pm On Jul 27, 2021
descartes400:

Why not just come out and put the blame on the staff outrightly since they were not able to put out the fire. huh?

I no even understand what the guy is saying
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by dazzlingd(m): 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
Seun:

U see something exploding and burning profusely in a country ravaged with terrorism and you think the young man won't flee for his dear life.

Kuku call for his arrest! Your argument is biased

1 Like

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by Treasure17(m): 3:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
Judging by the video. It was a premeditated arson. She knew what she was doing.
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by hycebee(m): 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
This ugly incident occurred mainly because of breakdown of safety procedures (though I doubt if any exists). A totally preventable incident if barriers were provided to prevent it from happening.

The collaborative deployment of administrative controls, fire safety equipment & appropriate engineering designs would have provided these requires barriers.

The girl committed a felony, but I believe the management of this store created an environment for the incident to occur - and this is what I call negligence. So sad this will become another LFI case, and it's really an expensive one to say the least.
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by Kingspin(m): 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
We wait for her to clock 18, to serve her sentence.

She knew exactly what she was doing.
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by phineas: 4:50pm On Jul 27, 2021
BabaAduras:

Your response is a typical of response of Nigerians that stems from failure to see real problem, we are so good at addressing Symptoms and leaving the Root Cause of problems. Yoruba man will say "a fi ete si le, a npa lapalapa".

The question no one is asking is, how come Lighters and Gas Bottles (flammable compounds) are left where a nine year old child could easily access them to start the fire?

In a sane world (I don't want to use developed world), the Store will prosecuted by the government for compromising Public Safety. I am sure in America, the parents of the child will sue the store for negligence and exposing their child to danger.

Another point worth discussing was they had a camera capturing the event and that did prompt a quick response for fight and quench the fire? What is the essence of the camera? They had gas bottles and lighters and they are no fire extinguishers? What a dangerous set up!!!!

If you ask me, the said investment of N2b was lost due to stupidity of the Store Owners. If lessons are not learnt from this, we will soon see a repeat of such fire.

1. The child is not an ogbange
2.Children play with stuff all the time,the lighters should have been above the reach of children or supervised
3. The store was careless and risked the lives of the public with their fire hazard and poor fire prevention strategies
4.The child can never be blamed for the stores incompetence,they put the child in this mess,repeat she is a child
5.The picture of this child should be brought down by all,any blog or site with her picture should be prosecuted
6.All stores should learn from this
7.The girls mother should get a lawyer ( a good one)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by ranmoor: 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
Stop demonizing the girl

No one sell gas-filled cylinder in a supermarket supermarket are not authorized to do so

If it's true the cylinder are filled the super market deserved to be burned down to ashes
It is obvious that the cylinders are not the source of explosion.
There are packs of lighters, she picked one and put it closer to the fire.
U will see each lighter ignited one after the other before the domino effect.
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by BabaAduras: 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2021
phineas:

1. The child is not an ogbange
2.Children play with stuff all the time,the lighters should have been above the reach of children or supervised
3. The store was careless and risked the lives of the public with their fire hazard and poor fire prevention strategies
4.The child can never be blamed for the stores incompetence,they put the child in this mess,repeat she is a child
5.The picture of this child should be brought down by all,any blog or site with her picture should be prosecuted
6.All stores should learn from this
7.The girls mother should get a lawyer ( a good one)

Good one. Thanks.
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by smasher1(m): 8:59pm On Jul 27, 2021
Seun:

My problem is all those things close together and a match box? Why? If there was insurance, they won't pay.

The girl could have been sent or she could just have been a naughty kid who, being a kid, didnt know that (1) Lighting a gas stove on fire would burn down the whole store, and (2) there was a CCTV monitoring her actions. I feel that, if an adult sent her, they would have known about the CCTV. We need to find out who connected that stove to a gas source and why. I hope the police knows this.
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by smasher1(m): 9:06pm On Jul 27, 2021
Officialgarri:
1.This supermarket is a big one and i expect there should be some staff who sit at the screen to watch against theft.

2. How did this fire spread so fast that fire alarm wasn't triggered on time. Even if they do not have ceiling mounted sprinkler system, they will at least have extinguishers.

While it might be periodic ritual just like they did in 2015 to the lekki branch, I really wish their insurance company the best of luck and quick recovery

I'm not an insurance person. The place likely doesn't have comprehensive insurance, but if it does, I don't see insurance being ready to pay for this easy to create disaster. It was too easy for a child to initiate.
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by davidque: 12:03am On Jul 28, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

Where is the video ?
Madam check through Nairaland topics for today 27th you will see the video

1 Like

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:52am On Jul 28, 2021
redsun:

Fear! The staff weren't taught how to deal with such a situation. Fire safety training would have been paramount if they were going to display potential explosives.
even without experience... just find something drag the burning goods down find placket cover it up, the fire wasn't that much when he noticed it
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by ShoeShineGuy: 9:43am On Jul 29, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

I have been looking for this comment.

My take, I stand to be corrected though.

The guy that walked past after the girl left should be questioned!!!

He passed the section, few mins later he passed back again like he wanted to confirm if the little girl has truly done the job. Could be a coincident but very suspicious.

Exactly! Did he even make any effort after running in and away from the scene? I strongly believe that girl didn't act alone. She was used as a pawn because of her minor state. It's deeper than what we can see. Don't be surprised if the whole thing was even a sabotage by people the owner knows too well.

1 Like

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by mechanics(m): 1:06am On Jul 30, 2021
The workers were not that vigilant and the person that was in charge of the CCTV camera was not even available to detect intruders.
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by OChimex: 11:19pm On Aug 05, 2021
tranxo:

The question is, that fire 1500 liters of water couldn't quench, is it supposed to be quenched with water?

Do you read how fire is ravaging Turkey and California, despite their advancement?

I brought this mention back because you thought fire dey easy to quench

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Innocent Chukwuma: "GT Bank Is Using EFCC To Intimidate, Fight Me" / Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux / 10 Highest Selling Products In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.