Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,703 members, 7,905,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 02:53 PM

How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? (4286 Views)

Inflation In Car Prices - Then Vs Now - 2million Vs 15million To Buy A Yaris / Peter Obi Stole And Kept 15million Dollars In Offshore - Simon Ekpa / Ukrainian Man 'on Stroll In Forest' Finds And Claims £15million Russian Tank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by richmond500: 10:37pm On Jul 27, 2021
Eastlink:
I agree with you on the bolded. Ijaw is a tribe and a language. But the tribe and language of this Ijaw people is limited to a small area.
Well, every tribe has limitations.

I just want to let u know that despite we speak different dialects, it doesn't stop us from being ijaws.
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by richmond500: 10:41pm On Jul 27, 2021
Eastlink:
Ama as far as I know has no Ijaw root, it was copied from Ndoki and the Oru’s which spread to other Ijaw communities.

Ama - means town in Ndoki
Yanabo - means owner or leader in Ndoki

Now you see what it means.

Amayanabo has it's roots from Ndoki.
hmmmm, so Kalabari, Okrika, Bonny, Bille all stole the Ndoki language?

And since Bonny belongs to Igbo cos they share some similarities with Ndoki it then means Kalabari is also Igbo abi.

Haha, delusional land grabbers
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Eastlink(m): 10:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
richmond500:
hmmmm, so Kalabari, Okrika, Bonny, Bille all stole the Ndoki language?

And since Bonny belongs to Igbo cos they share some similarities with Ndoki it then means Kalabari is also Igbo abi.

Haha, delusional land grabbers
Feed your eyes. There's a thread where a Kalabari man debunked the fake Ijaw claim to his tribe. I’m a Rivers man and every grown up River person knows the antagonism of Kalabari people towards the Ijaw claim. The Kalabari’s kept quiet in old Rivers state but as soon as you landgrabbers were sent packing to Bayelsa, they found their voice. Any wonder why the Kalabari’s vehemently bite your hands when you tried dragging them along but choose to remain in Rivers state.

Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by richmond500: 10:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
Eastlink:
Feed your eyes. There's a thread where a Kalabari man debunked the fake Ijaw claim to his tribe. I’m a Rivers man and every grown up River person knows the antagonism of Kalabari people towards the Ijaw claim.
just because one person claim he is kalabari and not Ijaw, u want to believe him?

Google would have saved u this embarrassment
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by richmond500: 10:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
Eastlink:
Feed your eyes. There's a thread where a Kalabari man debunked the fake Ijaw claim to his tribe. I’m a Rivers man and every grown up River person knows the antagonism of Kalabari people towards the Ijaw claim. The Kalabari’s kept quiet in old Rivers state but as soon as you landgrabbers were sent packing to Bayelsa, they found their voice. Any wonder why the Kalabari’s vehemently bite your hands when you tried dragging them along but choose to remain in Rivers state.
BTW, I am core kalabari
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Eastlink(m): 10:52pm On Jul 27, 2021
richmond500:
just because one person claim he is kalabari and not Ijaw, u want to believe him?

Google would have saved u this embarrassment
Not just one person, majority Kalabari say the same thing. In the past Kalabari used to be a language on it's own with several dialect. But they got subsumed into the political Ijaw ethnic group who sought to dominate old Rivers state.
Infact in the eastern region, Kalabari was a recognized language that was understood by many riverine folks. Where was the so-called Izon language when men counted as men? The Izon language had to gain relevance in 1974 when Prof. Alagoa who on the payroll of Ijaw led Rivers government went on research to foist a scam language on the people.
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by richmond500: 10:53pm On Jul 27, 2021
Eastlink:
Not just one person, majority Kalabari say the same thing. In the past Kalabari used to be a language on it's own with several dialect. But they got subsumed into the political Ijaw ethnic group who sought to dominate old Rivers state.
Infact in the eastern region, Kalabari was a recognized language that was understood by many riverine folks. Where was the so-called Izon language when men counted as men? The Izon language had to gain relevance in 1974 when Prof. Alagoa who on the payroll of Ijaw led Rivers government went on research to foist a scam language on the people.
haters will hate, potatoes will potate.

Kalabari is ijaw, Google is ur friend

1 Like

Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Eastlink(m): 10:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
richmond500:
BTW, I am core kalabari
grin A true Kalabari man won't use the word core. This is where you gave yourself. The Kalabari’s are proud people.
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Eastlink(m): 10:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
richmond500:
haters will hate, potatoes will potate.

Kalabari is ijaw, Google is ur friend
The Kalabari people say otherwise. Even the Okrika who benefitted more from the Ijaw shenanigans all thanks to how you elevated them to Governorship (Ada George) and how you gifted P/H south to them have suddenly began to assert themselves.

1 Like

Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by richmond500: 10:58pm On Jul 27, 2021
Eastlink:
The Kalabari people say otherwise. Even the Okrika who benefitted more from the Ijaw shenanigans all thanks to how you elevated them to Governorship (Ada George) and how you gifted P/H south to them have suddenly began to assert themselves.
Igbo man from Nnewi is telling us who is ijaw and who isn't ijaw.
The ijaws must be ur nightmare

1 Like

Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by richmond500: 11:00pm On Jul 27, 2021
Eastlink:
grin A true Kalabari man won't use the word core. This is where you gave yourself. The Kalabari’s are proud people.
just look at the level u have reduced urself to, using one word to attack me.

When I mean core, I am saying I am a true Kalabari man, my ancestral lineage is traced to Kalabari even way back to the 1800 generation
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by OBALOLA55(m): 11:06pm On Jul 27, 2021
richmond500:
let's assume that each of these language has only 500 speakers, that is 7m people, Akuku Toru LGA alone should be more than 1m persons
IJAW ARE NOT UP TO QUARTOOF IGBO POPULATION IN RIVERS STATE, I DIDNT SAY PH O

1 Like

Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by richmond500: 11:07pm On Jul 27, 2021
OBALOLA55:
IJAW ARE NOT UP TO QUARTOOF IGBO POPULATION IN RIVERS STATE, I DIDNT SAY PH O
undecided
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Eastlink(m): 11:09pm On Jul 27, 2021
richmond500:
just look at the level u have reduced urself to, using one word to attack me.

When I mean core, I am saying I am a true Kalabari man, my ancestral lineage is traced to Kalabari even way back to the 1800 generation
Na just one blunder. I haven't even started you don begin to stammer. grin
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by richmond500: 11:11pm On Jul 27, 2021
Eastlink:
Na just one blunder. I haven't even started you don begin to stammer. grin
grin grin, I see, such a failure u are
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Tochiology: 11:33pm On Jul 27, 2021
Monogamy:

That logic is flop.. More than average Igbos are outside their region
He's talking about state not region or country.

There is no state that has a higher number of Igbos than say Anambra or Imo - there are up to roughly 6000000 Igbos in either of the two states. Even Lagos with a high percentage of Igbos might not be up to that.
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 28, 2021
r4bbit:
That is a cumulative population value...
Didnt you read what you post ?

Why use only bayelsa as case study:
Where your post clearly mentioned,ondo, edo, rivers state and even countries like west Sierra Leone and east Gabon....

To add to your post ijaw languages include; Izon, Kalabari, Obolo, Ibani, Wakirike, Nkoroo, Nembe, Ogbian, Kabou, Buseni, Atala, Bille, Kula, Apoi, etc.

So there is no need to start another tribalistic thread.

We are also indigenous in Ogun and Lagos state too, not only Ondo, Edo, and Riverstate
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nisiw365: 7:32am On Jul 28, 2021
DuwaRepublic:

We are also indigenous in Ogun and Lagos state too, not only Ondo, Edo, and Riverstate
There are no indigenous I jaws in Ogun and Lagos states you lunatic. If they are, mention their local government chairman or king.
Even the ones in on do state are settlers
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by OBALOLA55(m): 7:34am On Jul 28, 2021
richmond500:
undecided
WETIN CONCERN MALLAM WITH MY POST undecided
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 28, 2021
Nisiw365:

There are no indigenous I jaws in Ogun and Lagos states you lunatic. If they are, mention their local government chairman or king.
Even the ones in on do state are settlers

Educate yourself and stop being stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfW7499XWXk
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nisiw365: 7:57am On Jul 28, 2021
DuwaRepublic:

Educate yourself and stop being stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfW7499XWXk
stop sending me doctored video. Mention the name of their king in Lagos and the name of their settlement, the name they are called
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 28, 2021
Nisiw365:

stop sending me doctored video. Mention the name of their king in Lagos and the name of their settlement, the name they are called

What does having a king have to do with being indigenous?
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nisiw365: 8:02am On Jul 28, 2021
DuwaRepublic:

What does having a king have to do with being indigenous?
You're senseless . when you are indigenous to a place, you would have a king or chief there who would be the leader .
For example apoi and arogbo are ijaw settlements in ondo state even though they mostly speak Yoruba

Now I'm asking you again, what are the indigenous ijaws in Lagos state called, who is their leader , which area are they, where is their land
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 28, 2021
[s]
Nisiw365:

You're senseless . when you are indigenous to a place, you would have a king or chief there who would be the leader .
For example apoi and arogbo are ijaw settlements in ondo state even though they mostly speak Yoruba

Now I'm asking you again, what are the indigenous ijaws in Lagos state called, who is their leader , which area are they, where is their land
[/s]

Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nisiw365: 8:04am On Jul 28, 2021
DuwaRepublic:
[s][/s]
Hahaha lunatic you are short of words. Even the ones in ondo state are settlers just that they have been there for a very long time
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 28, 2021
[s]
Nisiw365:

Hahaha lunatic you are short of words. Even the ones in ondo state are settlers just that they have been there for a very long time
[/s]
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nisiw365: 8:09am On Jul 28, 2021
DuwaRepublic:
[s][/s]
From ijaw edited wiki.

For example eguns are in Ogun and Lagos states but they have their own kings, land , settlements which everyone in Lagos and Ogun states know of.
So I'm asking you again, where are the indigenous I jaws in Lagos state, what's the name of their king/chief, what's the name of their settlement called, where is their land so I can buy land there in Lagos state

If you can't give me answers to these, then you are a typical slow low IQ I jaw slave

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 28, 2021
[[s]quote author=Nisiw365 post=104171406]
From ijaw edited wiki.

For example eguns are in Ogun and Lagos states but they have their own kings, land , settlements which everyone in Lagos and Ogun states know of.
So I'm asking you again, where are the indigenous I jaws in Lagos state, what's the name of their king/chief, what's the name of their settlement called, where is their land so I can buy land there in Lagos state

If you can't give me answers to these, then you are a typical slow low IQ I jaw slave [/quote][/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Moment Peter Obi Raised The Nigerian Flag In Dunamis Church to Signify a New Nig / General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida Bridge!! / Bola Tinubu Wins Benue State, Defeats Obi & Atiku

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.