Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,250 members, 7,910,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 07:32 AM

4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp (40457 Views)

Two Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To NYSC Camp In Adamawa / 8 Prospective Corpers Survive Ghastly Accident On Their Way To Anambra (Photos) / 2 Corpers Die In Accident In Katsina (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 28, 2021
Analyst7:
I don’t think any corper in their right senses should disturb theirselves about any service travelling rn, esp the northern parts

I am suppose to resume camp in Yobe this Friday. But decided not to step an inch. I can't travel that far to serve a fatherland that is not serving me... And most importantly, the rate of insecurities in Yobe state... I just can't deal!

1 Like

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Legendguy(m): 11:30pm On Jul 28, 2021
i was posted to kaduna from lagos in 2019. that was my first traveling experience outside southwest. i arrived kawu 2pm in d night while others are still going to kano, kastina dat same night. i forced myself not to sleep all night cos of things like this that happened.
nysc should not be scrapped but i prefer if corpers are posted to tyeir state of origin or residence

2 Likes

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by rezzy: 11:34pm On Jul 28, 2021
kingsleyi:
It's very painful.i saw these two buses passing thru Enugu yesterday with inscription KATSINA STATE CORPERS 1&2.I personally smelt death and prayed for there soul because I knew most of them wont come back alive .

You would have called other people to join you in prayers naaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by rezzy: 11:43pm On Jul 28, 2021
ubyways:
My cousin is among, sad. ���

So sorry about your loss
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Uniquekriss(m): 12:51am On Jul 29, 2021
Your case is different, Miracle. U shall go and return safely. May the angels of heaven go with you.
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by ceejay10(m): 1:07am On Jul 29, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
I see comments like scrap NYSC like car accidents will suddenly stop when this happens .

Get to the root cause of the problem.

Reckless driving, vehicles not roadworthy and roads not car worthy, with a pinch of bandits and kidnappers on the highway.

good points u raised. But the distance is too far. A journey of over 20 hours on the road. Such journey should be by flight. Truth be said, the aim of NYSC has long been defeated. It's now a moneymaking scheme for those in charge.
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by ceejay10(m): 1:17am On Jul 29, 2021
Legendguy:
i was posted to kaduna from lagos in 2019. that was my first traveling experience outside southwest. i arrived kawu 2pm in d night while others are still going to kano, kastina dat same night. i forced myself not to sleep all night cos of things like this that happened.
nysc should not be scrapped but i prefer if corpers are posted to tyeir state of origin or residence
2pm in the night?. Is that what you were taught in school?. Another half-baked graduate.
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by OscarJaden(m): 2:06am On Jul 29, 2021
ceejay10:
2pm in the night?. Is that what you were taught in school?. Another half-baked graduate.
try and comprehend his message and not his errors dickhead

2 Likes

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by ceejay10(m): 2:12am On Jul 29, 2021
OscarJaden:
try and comprehend his message and not his errors dickhead
Dunce! I can't comprehend his message with bad English. No punctuations. Only a cunt like you can.
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Prodigy777(m): 3:18am On Jul 29, 2021
Na you dey advise, na you still dey make mistake. Who taught you to add full-stop after putting question marks? Guess you don't know the rules that guide punctuation marks yourself.

BTW, omo this NYSC dey fear me small ooh.
ceejay10:

1 Like

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by SWDude: 4:27am On Jul 29, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
I see comments like scrap NYSC like car accidents will suddenly stop when this happens .

Get to the root cause of the problem.

Reckless driving, vehicles not roadworthy and roads not car worthy, with a pinch of bandits and kidnappers on the highway.

You missed the point. It'll save the lives of these graduates. What's the sense in dying after all that years in school?
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by whippersnapper(m): 4:29am On Jul 29, 2021
Mckeni007:
Na all these fears make me never register for nysc years after graduation
you can still do it even inside your house if you wish to
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Glamouzpeter(f): 4:44am On Jul 29, 2021
Segfaultt:
I studied library and information science there, graduated 2010, I'd like to process my M.LIS soon and I need information on the processes involved.
For real, what a coincidence
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Segfaultt(m): 5:59am On Jul 29, 2021
Glamouzpeter:

For real, what a coincidence
really?
Kindly drop your WhatsApp or mail let's get in touch as I'll need your help as I'm presently not in Uyo
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Abdulmumin412(m): 6:41am On Jul 29, 2021
Will scrapping of nysc stop accident in our highway? Some people die while going to school can we end schooling because of that? Some died while traveling for their business can we say no body should do business again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by RealSolution001: 6:51am On Jul 29, 2021
Christie06:

I am suppose to resume camp in Yobe this Friday. But decided not to step an inch. I can't travel that far to serve a fatherland that is not serving me... And most importantly, the rate of insecurities in Yobe state... I just can't deal!

I was supposed to serve too but since declined. I refuse to see NYSC certificate as the final determinant of my destiny in life.
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Snowx: 6:55am On Jul 29, 2021
See his ugly fucking face...
They wld still free him without broadcasting it
No handcuff..no chain nothing
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Pentagon007: 6:58am On Jul 29, 2021
Samsmog1:
I also served in Mai’adua Local Govt, Katsina. I’ve never experienced high robbery in life but I did on my way to this stupid/nonsense called NYSC
I can’t also recall the numbers of corpers that died while servicing, some drowned from heavy flood from rainfall, some died from illness and some disease. Of which, they applied for redeployment but were refused
It’s now 9years after service without job, so what’s the essence of NYSC if not for sacrifice of lives for their selfish and devilish interest
A whole 9 years bro? 9 years without Jo No be here o. But how have you been surviving and coping?
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Snowx: 6:59am On Jul 29, 2021
Instead of this useless thing got scrapped this year, the selfish people benefitting fought against it, and even clamour for two years extension..
Mad leaders!!
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Humanoid01(m): 7:07am On Jul 29, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

I was posted to Enugu from Bauchi.

Travelling at night is a choice, they were not under arrest. Their lives are not more valuable than the lives of natives of the same area. I have no regrets about my comments.

Why would you have regrets about your comments when you are insensitive?

You were posted to Enugu from Bauchi -- A more insecure region to a less insecure region, so it's easy for you to say the nonsense you're saying.

1 Like

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by IAMPEDRO: 7:10am On Jul 29, 2021
Abimaye:

https://independent.ng/just-in-four-nysc-members-dead-others-injured-in-fatal-road-accident/
I remember yrs back Benin City to potiskum Yobe state, at my very before, the bus just drive passed us the next thing I saw is history. All am saying today is that I am thanking God for the lives of friends.
That state no suppose to dey among nigeria aswear, days on the road wasn't a joke.
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Humanoid01(m): 7:12am On Jul 29, 2021
ceejay10:
And you didn't think that was probably an error? I initially made the same error in my first comment on this thread, but I was able to spot and correct it before submitting.

Now how does that slight error make him a half-baked graduate? You seem troubled.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Humanoid01(m): 7:21am On Jul 29, 2021
Christie06:

We're in the same boat o.

I was supposed to report to camp in Katsina on Tuesday, from Ogun state, but family members and friends sternly opposed the idea. After much pressure from them, especially my mother, I finally yielded and decided not to go [For now].

What is the purpose of going to serve in a state with high rate of insecurity? our government clearly consists of wicked people who are only concerned about the financial benefits they get from these schemes, and not the so-called empowerment they claim to provide.
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:34am On Jul 29, 2021
Humanoid01:

Why would you have regrets about your comments when you are insensitive?

You were posted to Enugu from Bauchi -- A more insecure region to a less insecure region, so it's easy for you to say the nonsense you're saying.

First of all, learn to type without insults so you don't get a lengthy ban.

Next it has nothing to do with secure or insecure, it's a road traffic vehicular accident. You have much better roads up north than in the south.

The root cause of their death was an avoidable road traffic accident which can happen anywhere in Nigeria.

Now look at this accident,

https://www.nairaland.com/6673370/one-dies-14-others-injured#104186551

was it avoidable? Yes! Was it in the day time? Yes, in the south yes! Were they corps members inside? Possibly .

Attack a problem at the root.

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Joydan95: 7:38am On Jul 29, 2021
Glamouzpeter:
When I heard this stuff in school today, I felt so bad
4 dead and many injured
If you are Uniuyo student ,when you are about leaving for NYSC never use the buses in front of the school that take people to camp. Those buses are death traps coupled with the rough drivers
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Joydan95: 7:40am On Jul 29, 2021
Mckeni007:
Na all these fears make me never register for nysc years after graduation
You sure say you graduate? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 29, 2021
freshalien:
When Nigerians tell God to ‘take the wheels’, then get into their cars and drive anyhow, this is what happens. White people that barely record any accidents on their roads, they are not performing magic or waiting for God to perform miracles. They take the bull by the horn through a very strict licensing system for driving, effective monitoring and punishment of drivers who exceed speed limits or are involved in accidents. And If you kill someone while driving, say goodbye to your driving license forever. That is the end of you driving on their roads and that is after you come back from jail.

But in Nigeria, lawlessness is the order of the day. Neither those who drive on the roads nor those who ought to monitor those driving on the roads give a damn about anything. Everyone is busy telling God to take the wheels and asking Jesus to protect them from accidents expecting God to come down from heaven and do what he has already given them the power to do for themselves.
Thank you addressing the real issue.

Many unfortunate people where just ranting on how Nysc should be scrapped. Like try have a program or work for fresh graduates!!

Honestly, its annoying. Most of these people have done there, enjoyed the network and little pay it brought... And now all they could think of is crab mentality.

It's annoying!
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Joydan95: 7:49am On Jul 29, 2021
Cokahot:
Whenever I wanna travel by pub,if I no be nos 1 or number 5. I won't enter cos I won't sleep and my eyes go fey driver speedometer with steering control. Imagine the idiot at passengers side sleeping. Driver sef sleep for steering. Extra bonus fatigue leads to death esp behind wheels
Never sleep,even if all passengers don sleep,dey awake dey monitor movement. U can dose off for 10mins but don't forget,your eyes na eyes of driver. It's been working for me for years,before the day I travel by pub transport,i must make sure I sleep at least 9hrs .max 8pm to 5am I don wake. E no get how sleep wan catch me again. Above all,na God get power. The day I travelled from Abuja to calabar,na good 11 hrs I dey for road,driver saved us by swerving to the right due to top speed and loss of control from incoming vehicle,this was like 2010. When I got down,I was still in shock cos me I dey back seat. If the driver hadn't swerved to the left,na head on collision at 145kph at around 8.30pm. Aktc o. That time I never knew aktc na death trap. But na God
Same AKTC I entered in 2015 from Lagos to Uyo, i sat on the passenger seat by the driver. Omo see as my eye open, on getting to Edo state I realize this guy was running on a very great speed. I told him he is too fast his reply was “that is why I don’t like carrying woman in the front seat”.
He reduced the speed to normal soon I closed my eyes to rest a bit and almost everyone at the back did same just for one guy to tap me and told me to tap the driver that the guy was sleeping on wheels. I tapped him and started shouting that I will make sure I report him once we get to Uyo , he couldn’t talk again and he became alert all through the journey. We got to Uyo around 4:30pm (you can imagine the speed)
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Humanoid01(m): 7:54am On Jul 29, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

First of all, learn to type without insults so you don't get a lengthy ban.

Next it has nothing to do with secure or insecure, it's a road traffic vehicular accident. You have much better roads up north than in the south.

The root cause of their death was an avoidable road traffic accident which can happen anywhere in Nigeria.

Now look at this accident,

https://www.nairaland.com/6673370/one-dies-14-others-injured#104186551

was it avoidable? Yes! Was it in the day time? Yes, in the south yes! Were they corps members inside? Possibly .

Attack a problem at the root.

Nowhere in my comments did I directly disregard the root causes of that accident. Bad roads, careless driving or quite possibly an act of trying to avoid the attack of highway bandits or kidnappers, might have been the precursor.

People die every day from accidents which would have been avoided if these root causes had been tackled. However, in a case such as this, it was completely needless because I can't seem to figure our any good reason for which those people and others like myself had to be deployed to states very far from their homes.

That journey was not necessary, and it was imposed. Why not allow people serve in states of their choice or make the scheme optional? This is why I apportioned the greater part of the blame to NYSC.

My apologies for my rude remark in my previous post.
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Humanoid01(m): 7:57am On Jul 29, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Thank you addressing the real issue.

Many unfortunate people where just ranting on how Nysc should be scrapped. Like try have a program or work for fresh graduates!!

Honestly, its annoying. Most of these people have done there, enjoyed the network and little pay it brought... And now all they could think of is crab mentality.

It's annoying!
Scrapping NYSC is not really an idea I buy, but they should reconsider the way they deploy its prospective members to states that are very far from where they reside. Where's the sense in what they are do?
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:11am On Jul 29, 2021
Humanoid01:

Nowhere in my comments did I directly disregard the root causes of that accident. Bad roads, careless driving or quite possibly an act of trying to avoid the attack of highway bandits or kidnappers, might have been the precursor.

People die every day from accidents which would have been avoided if these root causes had been tackled. However, in a case such as this, it was completely needless because I can't seem to figure our any good reason for which those people and others like myself had to be deployed to states very far from their homes.

That journey was not necessary, and it was imposed. Why not allow people serve in states of their choice or make the scheme optional? This is why I apportioned the greater part of the blame to NYSC.

My apologies for my rude remark in my previous post.

We can always agree to disagree.

What we can clamour for is an arrangement where the govt (military) takes care of logistics of corps members, it's still not 100per guaranteed, but if properly managed will reduce casualties suffered while in transit.
Re: 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp by Legendguy(m): 8:13am On Jul 29, 2021
ceejay10:
U ought to have ignore knowing fully that's it's an error.
People like you are fault finders looking for fault to criticize, and your type will end up not progressing in Life

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Types Of Corper Teachers You'll Meet In A School / Living Conditions Of Corpers In Asaba, Delta State (Photos) / Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.