Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,926 members, 7,872,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:00 AM

Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 (33267 Views)

Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses To The USA 72 - 81 / Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Germany 92 - 99 / Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Austeeenxx: 7:39am On Jul 31, 2021
That 4th quarter is one of the most embarrassing outing you will ever see from any team in any sport this year. The team completely collapsed... it was as if they were under a spell. e sure me say na juju.
How can you be scoring just 8 points in a quarter? Are y'all mad?

3 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 31, 2021
Osanoghodua1:
I thought the D'Tigar was good? How come they lost every game? Friendly nor be game

Friendly, especially before a tournament, is not a good way of assessing team chances. Everyone is playing to avoid injury.

And even then, we lost to Australia in friendlies, and lost to them again in this tournament.

Plus the USA has not been especially good.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by ppogba: 7:41am On Jul 31, 2021
excel101:
Wetin she wan do b4.

At least she will get to the final and raise our hopes.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Topmaike007(m): 7:41am On Jul 31, 2021
amstamon:

Hahahahahhahaha grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Oliver twist.
Shey dat ur 1960 model transformer and those old rusted high tension cables fit carry 24hrs light ni? Abi u want make kanji dam dry ni?
Oga manage the small one u see jorr grin
chineke nna.. Na my Gen wey get fault if not I no go wail
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by vncntluv(m): 7:42am On Jul 31, 2021
They won friendly against usa and went ahead to employ twitter handler making noise up and down. Now on the main stage they couldn't win anybody. Weak Team.

3 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Skseries: 7:42am On Jul 31, 2021
Osanoghodua1:
The coach that did this selection should be fired, why pick only men from your ethic group? When there are other sound players? Investigation should be made if he was bribed.
is the coach a Nigerian? Mention two sound player from another ethnic group that u know. Una go just dey carry tribal sentiments about, if he had put other players from other ethnicity will that have gurantee a win? What's wrong with us as ppl and this tribal and religion sentiments self, a team lost finished complain abt the team and coaching which one is it's because it had ppl from one ethnicity. Black ppl and their hypocrisy

5 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 31, 2021
Millimann:

Here is a Nigerian that is brilliant. Not all those shouting nepotism.

This team is the best we can assemble. Any other "mixed" team will perform far worse than this.

Sadly this is the best team we have.

Nigeria needs to make basketball popular. Me I went to a secondary school that had a basketball court. Some kids played . You would think that the game was popular in Nigeria if you saw the kids playing. But step outside that school at the end of the school day, and more kids would be playing football...including many of the basketballers.

7 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Newton85: 7:46am On Jul 31, 2021
I'm not happy about their elimination at all. This is a shame. But imagine this basketball team was dominated by another ethnic group! Imagine what the Igbos would be saying now if the team had like 90% Yorubas then end up putting out these utterly mediocre performances?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by zinizta: 7:47am On Jul 31, 2021
bomb24:

mumu oshi, the prestige u're enjoying today in the world of sports is because of Igbos.

say we win atlantic olympics 96 na Igbos..if it that easy they should flood yorubas in either football or basketball tournament let see if the coneheads will win a trophy more or less pass the group stage.

And Bigotry award of the day goes to....

6 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Newton85: 7:48am On Jul 31, 2021
Skseries:
is the coach a Nigerian? Mention two sound player from another ethnic group that u know. Una go just dey carry tribal sentiments about, if he had put other players from other ethnicity will that have gurantee a win? What's wrong with us as ppl and this tribal and religion sentiments self, a team lost finished complain abt the team and coaching which one is it's because it had ppl from one ethnicity. Black ppl and their hypocrisy
But where were you when the Igbos were busy shouting "dot country," "Igbo Amaka" and casting aspersions at other ethnic groups just because they dominated the team?

6 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by penearth(m): 7:52am On Jul 31, 2021
Nigeria should learn to train together for years not days before competition

3 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Skseries: 7:58am On Jul 31, 2021
Newton85:
But where were when the Igbos were busy shouting "dot country," "Igbo Amaka" and casting aspersions at other ethnic groups just because they dominated the team?
u make it sound as if it's something new they are doing, they have always been like that, IMO they are the most tribalistic ethnic group in Nigeria, so it's not something new, but why join them in it? Like they always say two wrongs don't make a right. So the team lost now and they shift blame to buhari and the government, are they doing anything different from what they have always done?

2 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by HBB1(m): 8:07am On Jul 31, 2021
bomb24:

mumu oshi, the prestige u're enjoying today in the world of sports is because of Igbos.

say we win atlantic olympics 96 na Igbos..if it that easy they should flood yorubas in either football or basketball tournament let see if the coneheads will win a trophy more or less pass the group stage.

Cc Seun
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by lanocfoods: 8:08am On Jul 31, 2021
Newton85:
I'm not happy about their elimination at all. This is a shame. But imagine this basketball team was dominated by another ethnic group! Imagine what the Igbos would be saying now if the team had like 90% Yorubas then end up putting these utterly mediocre performances?
At least these ones choose Nigeria, we have Yoruba basket players in the NBA who choose allegiance to other countries. This bigotry will sink us further

3 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Dextre(m): 8:11am On Jul 31, 2021
chocboi78:
I no blame you sha, i believe u are an able bodied youth and can partake in sports too. Get prepared for the next Olympics or any other sports and represent ur tribe!!
Tribal bigot

What he said was unnecessary but where did he make any reference to tribe?
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Successfulben: 8:19am On Jul 31, 2021
Why you no go represent them? Mugu
BigDick70inch:
All 9ja Olympic rep r thrash........

Imagine trailing Italy by 11 point jux less than 30min into the game........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Femeto: 8:29am On Jul 31, 2021
I was expecting the terrible 4th quarter. That has been their pattern in all three games. Its just sad. It all boils down to fitness and coaching.

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Sleekfingers: 8:44am On Jul 31, 2021
This forum is full of tribal bigots......no wonder desmond elliot called them children.......

And the useless moderators and owner of this useless forum is not doing anything about it........

The next civil war will start on this useless forum

2 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Dpaulie(m): 8:46am On Jul 31, 2021
Skseries:

Better leave this guy... I don't know why tribal sentiment has blinded some of our people to know the truth... Brown is an American and has done so well in coaching

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by webizone(m): 8:50am On Jul 31, 2021
Humanoid01:

I watched that video yesterday. It was awful. Dude had almost won the race close to the finish line. All of a sudden, 6 other racers went past him.

Thank you. Nigeria's problem is lack of discipline.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Femeto: 8:58am On Jul 31, 2021
Dobodobo04:
If Nigeria lose, it’s not because Italy are good, it’s because Nigeria can’t throw. The throwing accuracy isn’t good enough. When I watch NBA and u see throws just going in, you take it for granted until u watch this kind of game. Lol.
How did they win the second and third quarter? The fact is their defensive play is terrible. We need a competion coach not a league coach. This is our best team ever.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by humberjade: 9:01am On Jul 31, 2021
It is now safe to conclude that team Nigeria just wasted tax payers' money to make up the numbers. Nigeria's last hope of leaving with at least a medal rest on the Wrestlers and Amusan, if Okagbare remains suspended.

This is a disastrous outing to say the least angry
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Limassol(m): 9:04am On Jul 31, 2021
chocboi78:
can u name one person who is supposed to be on the team but aren’t??
I believe U can’t , but stupidity and tribalism has blinded u.Ode
you sound very unfortunate! Can't you disagree with people without insulting them? Do you know the status of the guy you just insulted you f**king idiot? Don't mind me jare (i am only communicating to you in the uncivil language you understand)
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by poiZon: 9:08am On Jul 31, 2021
Abeg i wan ask, can Nigeria still qualify if Australia win Germany?
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Limassol(m): 9:08am On Jul 31, 2021
KosiGee:

You are Fulani. I guess most of your mates look like Mo Farah. Strong skinny legs like him. You can walk from Mali to Nigeria, from Sokoto to Port harcourt but you can’t run 5km in under 15mins.

Get lost mister. You are not ok in your head.
Last I checked you collected money to plant trees all over Nigeria but focussed your efforts in Kano. Your cup will fill and over spill one day.
Bigot.
will you also be reluctant to cricticize if it was a yoruba-dominated team?

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by MaziAlaye(m): 9:11am On Jul 31, 2021
anigbajumo:
Now we are out...

That's wat happened when u put Nepotism ahead of competency. we are just accusing Buhari of tribalism but we Nigerian will do worse if we are fortunate to be president. Imagine that Igbo coach pack all his brother for Nigeria basketball team... Rubbish, abeg if u quote me to say trash I go curse you..

Since blessing is out, I hope Ajuwon and Haruna Quadri will bring atleast bronze come home.
You just can't hide your useless bigotry
Most of the player in this team are achieved NBA players, they're just Nigerians by nationality and your government can't even support them financially.
Next Olympics come out and show them what brown roof is made of

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Uchasa(m): 9:14am On Jul 31, 2021
Osanoghodua1:
The coach that did this selection should be fired, why pick only men from your ethic group? When there are other sound players? Investigation should be made if he was bribed.

You are an olodo. It's obvious you don't watch basketball. When did an African-American coach become Igbo? Foolishness of the highest order!

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by SmartPolician: 9:14am On Jul 31, 2021
sotall:
Imagine the team that won USA before the event losing all three preliminary matches.

What a shame!

Friendly match is not a serious game; why is that difficult for Nigerians to understand?
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by funkybroyouknow: 9:15am On Jul 31, 2021
nawa 26 to 8 in the fourth quarter?!?!
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Uchasa(m): 9:17am On Jul 31, 2021
anigbajumo:
Now we are out...

That's wat happened when u put Nepotism ahead of competency. we are just accusing Buhari of tribalism but we Nigerian will do worse if we are fortunate to be president. Imagine that Igbo coach pack all his brother for Nigeria basketball team... Rubbish, abeg if u quote me to say trash I go curse you..

Since blessing is out, I hope Ajuwon and Haruna Quadri will bring atleast bronze come home.

Firts of all, the coach is not a Nigerian talkless of Igbo. Secondly, the players there are there because they are the only Nigerian NBA players to have pledged allegiance to Nigeria. Thirdly, both Ajuwon and Haruna Quadri are out of contention to win a medal. About three Yoruba athletes have lost this Olympics including Funke Oshonaike but I didn't see anyone castigating anybody. Only a foolish and tribalistic person will do that.

4 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Limassol(m): 9:17am On Jul 31, 2021
Newton85:
I'm not happy about their elimination at all. This is a shame. But imagine this basketball team was dominated by another ethnic group! Imagine what the Igbos would be saying now if the team had like 90% Yorubas then end up putting out these utterly mediocre performances?
I read somewhere 13 of the players are igbo, how true is it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Franck Ribery Faces Ban For Pushing Referee After Serie A Match (Photos) / Rabiu Ibrahim Collapsed On The Pitch, Rushed To Hospital / Man Utd Confirm Paul Pogba's Exit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.