Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,850 members, 7,942,131 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 09:14 PM

Your Job And Your Attitude - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Job And Your Attitude (137 Views)

Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? / I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next / Guys, Never Look This Way If You Want To Keep Your Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Job And Your Attitude by SoulbrodaLagos: 6:17pm On Aug 03, 2021
Dear reader,

I’m are glad to have you here. In this short blog post, I shall be discussing an element of professionalism in the workplace called attitude.
To position yourself as a professional in the workplace requires you to aware of acceptable attitudes and behavior in your office. Simply put, you need to be aware of the organizational culture and acceptable attitude. I shall talk more about this below.

What is attitude?

By definition; a settled way of thinking or feeling about someone or something, typically one that is reflected in a person’s behavior. For example, as an Administrative Assistant, your general responsibility is to make/help the organization be as productive as possible. Others are to maintain a positive attitude, be optimistic and enthusiastic, be honest and what have you.

Your Attitude and Your Job

The magic key that opens your mind and heart to better job performance and better life is your attitude. A positive attitude helps you to;
Consider your job as part of the larger picture of your organization.
Visualize your potential when dealing with other employees, customers, and clients.
Understand how your attitude affects other people’s attitudes and performance.
Others will mirror your positive attitude. If you are a team lead that smiles at people every day. It is a matter of time that this good gesture will reflect in the entire team.

How to project professionalism in the workplace?
An employee that lacks a positive attitude will struggle with the required professionalism in the office. Being a professional is not necessarily a job description. It is an attitude.
Professionals take their jobs seriously and view them as important to their career plans. They feel confident about sharing ideas, goals, and enthusiasm with other people.

To project yourself as a professional? It is important you take note of the following highlights and do find out more on ways to do so. It’s a continuous effort, no one has gotten it right yet.

Appreciate the importance of appearance; well-groomed/dressed.

You should be a dependable member of your organization.

Maintain a positive attitude

Treat colleagues with respect

Support your organization

Communicate appropriately where, how, and what.

If this piece resonates with you. Kindly, share your opinion on this topic.

Thank you for reading through.

Ayorinde Ajayi
Growth Manager
Imerging Careers Services Limited, Lagos.
www.imergingcareers.com

(1) (Reply)

Estate Planning Attorney In Mesa Az / Regional Trade Administrator / South America Africa Economic And Investment Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.