Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:04 AM

See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. (7943 Views)

Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven / Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech / 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. by shadeyinka2: 12:24pm On Aug 17, 2021
HellVictorinho:

You are just making unnecessary comparisons between man and robots.

That's nothing noteworthy.
"A greater foolishness is taking a position while refusing/rejecting knowledge and understanding.!"
Re: See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2021
shadeyinka2:

"A greater foolishness is taking a position while refusing/rejecting knowledge and understanding.!"

Claiming knowledge and understanding is not amazing!!!

Calling me names is in vain!!!

To hell with your praise!!!!

I don't need your smartness!!!

I don't need your validation!!!!

I will rather be foolish to you since your definition of foolishness is incosequential to reality!!!!!!
Re: See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. by shadeyinka2: 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Claiming knowledge and understanding is not amazing!!!

Calling me names is in vain!!!

To hell with your praise!!!!

I don't need your smartness!!!

I don't need your validation!!!!

I will rather be foolish to you since your definition of foolishness is incosequential to reality!!!!!!

mind you, I didn't call anyone names.
I only stated the fact.

Isn't this true that:
Re: See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
shadeyinka2:

mind you, I didn't call anyone names.
I only stated the fact.

Isn't this true that:

Isn't it true that the question doesn't matter since you are the one asking here?
Re: See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. by shadeyinka2: 6:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Isn't it true that the question doesn't matter since you are the one asking here?
I'm sure you know that it isn't the first time a very dull student will write NOTHING because his head is actually full of nothing of value.
Re: See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
shadeyinka2:

I'm sure you know that it isn't the first time a very dull student will write NOTHING because his head is actually full of nothing of value.

I'm sure you know you are wasting your time and your children may suffer as a result of it.
Re: See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. by shadeyinka2: 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I'm sure you know you are wasting your time and your children may suffer as a result of it.
Your quote above just showed how immature you are!
Good night

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. by budaatum: 6:23am On Aug 18, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Please complete the following sentence:

A software powers the hardware and is located in/on the HDD while a soul powers the physical and is located.......

In the mind.

I'm kidding, and serious too. After all, the 'software' that powers the hardwire can be in the bios or coded into the actual hardware itself.

Besides, software does not "power the hardware". Software is mere instruction, the 'tell what to do', and not the teller itself. You want the hardware to go so you write, hardware: "go", and the hardware goes, but software might as well be instructing a stone to go if the hardware of the stone is insufficiently energised to comprehend the meaning of go.
Re: See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2021
shadeyinka2:

Your quote above just showed how immature you are!
Good night

I don't mind being immature to you since your definition of immaturity doesn't show anything.
Re: See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
budaatum:

In the mind.

I'm kidding, and serious too. After all, the 'software' that powers the hardwire can be in the bios or coded into the actual hardware itself.

Besides, software does not "power the hardware". Software is mere instruction, the 'tell what to do', and not the teller itself. You want the hardware to go so you write, hardware: "go", and the hardware goes, but software might as well be instructing a stone to go if the hardware of the stone is insufficiently energised to comprehend the meaning of go.

Shamelessness

Your pretence and hypocrisy are constant

Image123 has no reason to defend you

You keep wasting your time with your children learning nothing else from you
Re: See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. by shadeyinka2: 1:03pm On Aug 18, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I don't mind being immature to you since your definition of immaturity doesn't show anything.
?
Re: See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. by kimco(m): 10:10pm On Aug 21, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Does that mean you have tendecies to be religious?

Google is wrong!!!!!!

Man refers to mankind (all humans)

But it's not all humans that can be religious.

I can't be religious.

If you accuse me of not understanding anything,then that will be in vain because it doesn't mean you have the understanding of anything

Spits.......

Yes sir, you do have the tendencies....mostly because we don't like feeling helpless or uncomfortable so we tend to look elsewhere.
By religion i don't only restrict man to the supernatural. If you would notice, the "reverence" of our parents or guardians cannot be denied. When we outgrow them then we look for big daddy in the sky. The tendencies are there.

You can choose when to stop though and it is advisable that we grow up when we do grow up.
Re: See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 22, 2021
kimco:

Yes sir, you do have the tendencies....mostly because we don't like feeling helpless or uncomfortable so we tend to look elsewhere.
By religion i don't only restrict man to the supernatural. If you would notice, the "reverence" of our parents or guardians cannot be denied. When we outgrow them then we look for big daddy in the sky. The tendencies are there.

You can choose when to stop though and it is advisable that we grow up when we do grow up.

Some people never look for a big daddy in the sky from the day they are born till the day they die

Nobody chooses to believe or not to believe anything

The faith just appears or/and disappears in SOME people

I have not been looking for any big daddy since I became an atheist

You don't have to like being hopeless to become an atheist

If you are not only talking about the supernatural,then leave me out of your theory because my relationship with my parents doesn't make me religious in the sense I am talking about

You know what I mean by religious (concerned with God or Gods)

I don't care about what you mean by religious
Re: See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. by kimco(m): 11:05pm On Sep 05, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Some people never look for a big daddy in the sky from the day they are born till the day they die

Nobody chooses to believe or not to believe anything

The faith just appears or/and disappears in SOME people

I have not been looking for any big daddy since I became an atheist

You don't have to like being hopeless to become an atheist

If you are not only talking about the supernatural,then leave me out of your theory because my relationship with my parents doesn't make me religious in the sense I am talking about

You know what I mean by religious (concerned with God or Gods)

I don't care about what you mean by religious

Lol I never spoke of atheism my brother.

Also your relationship with your parents doesnt make you religious. I never said it did. I said it is evidence of the tendencies to be dependent on someone or something bigger than us. If its humans we call it dependencies. If it is bigger or transcends the physical (beliefs, not proven) we call it religion.

Think of it this way....the mouth is used for communicating. Could be good info neutral info or bad info. One can choose which one to communicate most often. Still the tendency to gossip, speak well or just general communicate neutral info is there. I am sure i butchered it but i hope you got me.

Forget being religious. It is a conscious effort....whether we choose to grow up or not is up to us. Parents are supposed to guide us from being dependent on them or anyone else. What religious parents usually do is transfer the dependency target to sky daddy. So it never really stops. Be grateful you grew up from that. Think of the word "religion" as dependencies. Use it only when I speak of big daddy.
Re: See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 05, 2021
kimco:

Lol I never spoke of atheism my brother.

Also your relationship with your parents doesnt make you religious. I never said it did. I said it is evidence of the tendencies to be dependent on someone or something bigger than us. If its humans we call it dependencies. If it is bigger or transcends the physical (beliefs, not proven) we call it religion.

Think of it this way....the mouth is used for communicating. Could be good info neutral info or bad info. One can choose which one to communicate most often. Still the tendency to gossip, speak well or just general communicate neutral info is there. I am sure i butchered it but i hope you got me.

Forget being religious. It is a conscious effort....whether we choose to grow up or not is up to us. Parents are supposed to guide us from being dependent on them or anyone else. What religious parents usually do is transfer the dependency target to sky daddy. So it never really stops. Be grateful you grew up from that. Think of the word "religion" as dependencies. Use it only when I speak of big daddy.
Please

Can you help me with any amount of money?
Re: See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. by meobizy(f): 12:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
You typed this last year and it made front page. You typed it again under a different title this year and want it to make front page? What greed is happening here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Anonyism 101.....asking Meaningless Philosophical Questions / Oprah Says There Is No God ! / Open Matured Discussion Among Religions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.