Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,191 members, 7,873,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:14 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4687600 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6223) (6224) (6225) (6226) (6227) (6228) (6229) ... (6238) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by abduleez1(m): 10:30pm On Jun 05
Kilishihunter:

If we sign him, we're most likely selling FDJ this summer
Abdul e be like say e go finally shele this time around

I pray so ooo. Cos I'm already tired of that guy and ain't waiting for any redemption arc. For how many seasons like this him never still gel.

Thing is even if offers come for that bum, he'd still reject it and start saying nonsense like how he loves the club. How I wish Laporta go fit bundle am Xavi style. 😤🙄
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 11:03pm On Jun 05
andrewbaba44:

Since flicked prefers 1 leg Neuer to him ,I hope flick will do so by pressuring Barca to get a gk

Ter stegen was classy before ,but I can’t count on him anything aside Laliga games

Even el Classico self the idiot Dey dash Madrid goals

Even in his prime, Stergen wasn't that really great as a shot stopper but his passing was class. Now he's pure dog sh!!!t at both.

Dejong will use I love the club to run down his multi billion contract then join PSG or United on a free for huge salary...A mercinery with an average football ability.

Merino is a duel winning machine and I don't know why I don't just like Zubi. He reminds me of Ilaraemendi, so much hype but very little to show.

I hope we can get Merino 🙏🙏🙏
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by abduleez1(m): 11:07pm On Jun 05
Kilishihunter:

Yes that deal looks great now but would look like a scam in the next few years when other big teams start renegotiating their own kit deals according to the situation of the current market factors but wetin we go do bro tebas tight policies have made us go this route, I just hope we'll be more successful in the coming years so we'll be able to enter the room for renegotiations
Yeah xavi has really helped in bringing us out of the trenches especially looking inwards to finding talents and making us believe in lamasia once again, unfortunately for him he wasn't high suited to a high profile job like Barça at the moment, getting more experience in tactics and working on his outbursts at smaller clubs with less pressure and media toxicity would help mold him into something greater

I hear Madrid is already earning €120mn so this deal ain't all that to me. And R. Madrid own ends in 2028. When other teams are renegotiating €150mn upwards we'd be stuck with a €30mn or more deficit for half a decade.
Not great man. The only thing I'm happy is that our Espai Barca project would have been completed by then and the full benefits of the New Camp Nou stadium and the entire project starts to reap benefits.

Anyways this clause here seems we're being proactive for that future eventuality. Possibly goes both ways as it can favour Nike too the way I see it. They can prolly negotiate for lesser pay if we continuously underperform.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:22pm On Jun 05
Kilishihunter:
Ferran is so mid, may Jah forgive me for the hype man work I did on him on this thread two years ago, this niccur has to go

Stop pretending. Give the phone to the owner
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OhBritannia(m): 3:32am On Jun 06
Alverez is not happy in Manchester City, he isn't getting the playing time he deserves and it's most likely he will leave this season.
The presence of Lewandowski makes it impossible to bring Alvarez.

He could have been a nice addition to the squad.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 8:21am On Jun 06
oliverano:

Even in his prime, Stergen wasn't that really great as a shot stopper but his passing was class. Now he's pure dog sh!!!t at both.

The takes you see here is hilarious lol. Ter Stergen that was getting clean sheets upandan with amazing saves wasn't a great shot stopper?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Colson(m): 8:38am On Jun 06
hopefulLandlord:

The takes you see here is hilarious lol. Ter Stergen that was getting clean sheets upandan with amazing saves wasn't a great shot stopper?
Me sef weak. I don't understand the ter Stegen hate on this thread, I honestly don't. Even though he's not covered himself in glory recently, he's far from the problem of this club. A good manager, quality DM and a world class left winger is what we need the most, but folks here make it seem like he's the elephant in the room.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 8:39am On Jun 06
OhBritannia:
Alverez is not happy in Manchester City, he isn't getting the playing time he deserves and it's most likely he will leave this season.
The presence of Lewandowski makes it impossible to bring Alvarez.

He could have been a nice addition to the squad.
We have Roque to understudy Lewandowski and make that position his own in foreseeable future but I also like the versatility and the profile of Alvarez.

Only issue is Manchester City are not gonna sell for cheap. Upwards of €70m.

If we have such money, I'll rather stock up on more disruptive wingers like Nico Williams.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 8:43am On Jun 06
Colson:
Me sef weak. I don't understand the ter Stegen hate on this thread, I honestly don't. Even though he's not covered himself in glory recently, he's far from the problem of this club. A good manager, DM and left winger is what we need the most, but folks here make it seem like he's the elephant in the room.
The question is, is Ter Stegen part of the solution to our current sporting issues?

If he's not part of the solution, then he's probably part of the problem. There's no middle ground here.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Colson(m): 8:53am On Jun 06
jpmoriarti:
The question is, is Ter Stegen part of the solution to our current sporting issues?

If he's not part of the solution, then he's probably part of the problem. There's no middle ground here.
Another question is, can you afford a quality goal keeper right now? With the current financial/FFP struggles of the club, it'll be wise to focus on positions that we're most deficient, one after the other.
We've gotten a manager now, the next sensible thing to do is getting a quality defensive midfield player and then Left winger before we start checking our pockets if money go still dey to get and incorporate better goalie (which is highly improbable).
When the club acquires a DM and LW for next season, you'll see that MATs isn't even a problem.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 9:00am On Jun 06
Colson:
Another question is, can you afford a quality goal keeper right now? With the current financial/FFP struggles of the club, it'll be wise to focus on positions that we're most deficient, one after the other.
We've gotten a manager now, the next sensible thing to do is getting a quality defensive midfield player and then Left winger before we start checking our pockets if money go still dey to get and incorporate better goalie (which is highly improbable)
If you agree he is part of the problem, only that we can't afford to sell him due to our financial limitations, then the hate and vilification he is getting from fans, is justified.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Colson(m): 9:05am On Jun 06
jpmoriarti:
If you agree he is part of the problem, only that we can't afford to sell him due to our financial limitations, then the hate and vilification he is getting from fans, is justified.
Lol. I follow Barca groups/pages/blogs on virtually all social media platforms, He gets hate and vilification only on Nairaland Barcelona FC thread.. the way folks here vilify him you'd think he's the problem of the team or he cost us this season, which isn't so.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 9:11am On Jun 06
Colson:
Lol. I follow Barca groups/pages on virtually all social media platforms, He gets hate and vilification only on Nairaland Barcelona FC thread.. the way folks here vilify him you'd think he's the problem of the team or he cost us this season, which isn't so.
The problem is, he doesn't stand up when the team is struggling. I can't remember a match our goalkeeper won for the team. Once the team is struggling, he is the epitome of it all.
Real Vardrid may have won UCL on saturday but they didn't have everything there way and there goalkeeper who have been away for all season, came in and kept them in the game. He was part of the solution.

There was no way Ter Stegen would have kept a clean sheet with all the barage of chances the Borussia Dortmund were creating.

I think this is why the fans here are critising Ter Stegen for being average and never able to raise his level when the team needs it the most. And this is why an increasingly error prone 38 year old Manuel Neuer continues to lead the line for Alemania.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by UncleHaba22: 10:57am On Jun 06
Colson:
We've gotten a manager now, the next sensible thing to do is getting a quality defensive midfield player and then Left winger before we start checking our pockets if money go still dey to get and incorporate better goalie (which is highly improbable).
When the club acquires a DM and LW for next season, you'll see that MATs isn't even a problem.

You don't need to spend much if na goal keeper person dey find no be outfield player na

£20m-£30 will get you a decent goalkeeper sha
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by typicalgamer(m): 11:55am On Jun 06
oliverano:

Dejong will use I love the club to run down his multi billion contract then join PSG or United on a free for huge salary...A mercinery with an average football ability.

Merino is a duel winning machine and I don't know why I don't just like Zubi. [/b]He reminds me of Ilaraemendi, so much hype but very little to show.[b]

You know your onions
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 12:17pm On Jun 06
Colson:
Lol. I follow Barca groups/pages/blogs on virtually all social media platforms, He gets hate and vilification only on Nairaland Barcelona FC thread.. the way folks here vilify him you'd think he's the problem of the team or he cost us this season, which isn't so.
Lol, ter stegen is more vilified on those pages than here, you saw the news about him talking about him being second choice and the response neuer gave? Barça fans were the ones mostly trolling than defending him alongside other fanbases that normally use this opportunity for the next anti Barça agenda
But I agree with you though he might have regressed especially mentally but we have more pressing issues at hand, I'll say we
rather just sign a young goalkeeping prospect to keep him on his toes since pena can't do that
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 12:23pm On Jun 06
oliverano:

Nah let's not overdo this stuff, in his prime he was getting offers even from Bayern to be neuer's replacement, remember the 80 million over from Chelsea to replace courtois when he forced his move to vardrid? That brother was legit saving us in some games when we were stronger, I think it was just the injuries and him mentally beaten after 8-2 and the rest that played a huge part into him being slandered for losing his levels today, Ter Stegen had always been tipped to be one of the best goalkeepers in the world right from his days at Borussia Mochengladbach, he was the best goalkeeper after neuer then in bundesliga at quite a young age
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 12:36pm On Jun 06
abduleez1:

I hear Madrid is already earning €120mn so this deal ain't all that to me. And R. Madrid own ends in 2028. When other teams are renegotiating €150mn upwards we'd be stuck with a €30mn or more deficit for half a decade.
Not great man. The only thing I'm happy is that our Espai Barca project would have been completed by then and the full benefits of the New Camp Nou stadium and the entire project starts to reap benefits.

Anyways this clause here seems we're being proactive for that future eventuality. Possibly goes both ways as it can favour Nike too the way I see it. They can prolly negotiate for lesser pay if we continuously underperform.
Well it's good there's an annual clause though we'll have to be successful like you said especially in the UCL cause there's no way Nike would agree to pay higher if we continue being shit, some of these deals we're still getting in our downtime is cause of the brilliance of our 2009-2011 and 2015-2019 teams before our downfall started, Messi also playing a huge part in marketing, but these won't continue to give us leeway in the future unless we start winning big, we might be Nike's biggest soccer team in football but any of these other big teams might decide to switch to them in the future
The Spotify Nou is a big game changer, at 60% capacity when it reopens we'll still get bank talkless of over a 100k capacity especially on UCL nights, that's aside the other non sporting events the stadium would hold, we suppose go for the likes of Wirtz by the end of next season if everything goes according to plan
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 12:41pm On Jun 06
jpmoriarti:
We have Roque to understudy Lewandowski and make that position his own in foreseeable future but I also like the versatility and the profile of Alvarez.

Only issue is Manchester City are not gonna sell for cheap. Upwards of €70m.

If we have such money, I'll rather stock up on more disruptive wingers like Nico Williams.
If the money is there I'll rather we go for haaland than Alvarez, if not then let's wait on roque, he's quite versatile and very good with pressing but his past two seasons have shown he's not very clinical
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 1:28pm On Jun 06
oliverano:

Merino is a duel winning machine and I don't know why I don't just like Zubi. He reminds me of Ilaraemendi, so much hype but very little to show.

Ter stegen wasn’t a great shot stopper during his prime ? That one na lie o

For the whole epl self na only Allison and de gea be better shot stopper than him till recently
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 1:30pm On Jun 06
Colson:
Me sef weak. I don't understand the ter Stegen hate on this thread, I honestly don't. Even though he's not covered himself in glory recently, he's far from the problem of this club. A good manager, quality DM and a world class left winger is what we need the most, but folks here make it seem like he's the elephant in the room.

He is part of the problem currently

He is good in Laliga but not that good in ucl
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 2:05pm On Jun 06
hopefulLandlord:

grin grin grin grin grin

Hopelandlord, I'm happy that you didn't come today to troll Barca using Mabape and Madrid but today you stand a goal keeper that has been part of all the UCL humiliations at FC Barcelona hahaha 🤣🤣🤣

Ter Stergen although good in Laliga remains one of the weakest in Europe. When it matters the most, he gives up. Go and watch Barca Vs Bayern 8:2, juven Vs Barca 3:0, PSG Vs Barca, 2020, PSG Vs Barca 2024, Barca Vs Liverpool, in fact go and watch highlights of all UCL since 2014/2015 then come back.

In Laliga he's world-class. In Europe, UCL including Europa where he conceded 4 against Frankfurt he's been sh!!!t.

All these nah facts and not made up stuffs.

May be I was wrong by saying he wasn't a great shot stopper in his prime but when it matters against quality opponents he's been found wanting. He's incredibly fragile and always afriad in high pressure games in Europe and some games Vs Madrid in Laliga/copa

I can screen shot 20 different monikers on BB and Reddit talking about how weak he's been in Europe.

40 year old Neur is still #1. If Emi was German with all the injuries Neur has suffered from, no way he'll still be #1. Stegen gads step up.

#facts!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 2:10pm On Jun 06
andrewbaba44:

Ter stegen wasn’t a great shot stopper during his prime ? That one na lie o

For the whole epl self na only Allison and de gea be better shot stopper than him till recently

May be I was too harsh on him but man, he's been so bad in Europe.(UCL/Europa)

Like it's always as if he's afraid of the biggest occasion.

In Laliga he's world class and has kept multiple clean-sheets but how many clean sheet does Stergen have in Europe?

UCL is where you meet the best teams and best players...in that competition, let's not kid ourselves, he's been pure sh!!!t!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 2:17pm On Jun 06
Colson:

grin grin grin grin

Tell me the groups, pages and blogs that you follow Barca lol....

I follow about 4 excluding BB and Reddit and man, nairaland dey learn work...

E be like say nah only me and byelaybyke dey drag Stegen pass for here...

On those forums, they want him striped off the captaincy and sold. Stergen is a comfam meme material on twitter Barca pages.

Although I don't want him sold because of finance and yes he was good in Laliga but in UCL, he's not been good.

He remains part of the problem at FCB!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 2:24pm On Jun 06
jpmoriarti:
The problem is, he doesn't stand up when the team is struggling. I can't remember a match our goalkeeper won for the team. Once the team is struggling, he is the epitome of it all.
Real Vardrid may have won UCL on saturday but they didn't have everything there way and there goalkeeper who have been away for all season, came in and kept them in the game. He was part of the solution.

There was no way Ter Stegen would have kept a clean sheet with all the barage of chances the Borussia Dortmund were creating.

I think this is why the fans here are critising Ter Stegen for being average and never able to raise his level when the team needs it the most. And this is why an increasingly error prone 38 year old Manuel Neuer continues to lead the line for Alemania.

Exactly this....I watched the game and I was like, can my keeper stand up like this?

On penalties; may be he's save them here but make I no lie, I can't really recall Stegen saving a penalty at FC Barcelona.

Can Stegen do this and win the world cup for Messi, the truth is that I doubt completely.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 3:56pm On Jun 06
oliverano:

May be I was too harsh on him but man, he's been so bad in Europe.(UCL/Europa)

Like it's always as if he's afraid of the biggest occasion.

In Laliga he's world class and has kept multiple clean-sheets but how many clean sheet does Stergen have in Europe?

UCL is where you meet the best teams and best players...in that competition, let's not kid ourselves, he's been pure sh!!!t!

ter stegen is a fool in Europe ,nobody fit even follow you argue that one

With ter stegen in place of lunin Madrid won’t smell that ucl finals
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 3:57pm On Jun 06
oliverano:

Exactly this....I watched the game and I was like, can my keeper stand up like this?

On penalties; may be he's save them here but make I no lie, I can't really recall Stegen saving a penalty at FC Barcelona.

Can Stegen do this and win the world cup for Messi, the truth is that I doubt completely.

I doubt it too. He's been far too comfortable at Barca.

They said he can use his feet. Yes, he can use his feet alright. But what has this gained from this?

Are we not better of with a keeper who is average at using his feet but who can keep the ball away from the back of the net?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ijustwantto: 4:25pm On Jun 06
I no too like haaland. Go and check his stats in big games, he his a ghost. Coming to our club can even do him more harm, cause I feel like he will flop. grin
Kilishihunter:

If the money is there I'll rather we go for haaland than Alvarez, if not then let's wait on roque, he's quite versatile and very good with pressing but his past two seasons have shown he's not very clinical
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 5:10pm On Jun 06
andrewbaba44:

ter stegen is a fool in Europe ,nobody fit even follow you argue that one

With ter stegen in place of lunin Madrid won’t smell that ucl finals

Against PSG, look at his position when Vintinha made it 2:1. Now watch closely his positioning in the 55min when Barcalo hit the post. If Barcola had scored to make it 3:1, that game would've been another thrashing, say 4:1, 5:1 or may be 6:2. no be today I don see the pattern. No be today!!!

Now watch his position when Dembele hit the post in the 75 mins...that guy panicks too much, it's crazy. His mentality is incredibly weak, it's baffling at times. In Laliga he's world class. In Europe, dog sh!!t.

Our last game this season, he conceded a funny goal and was trending on twitter. Chai 😂😂😂

The game against Liverpool where we lost 4:0 at Anfield is where Ter Standing memes started. He just doesn't react quick enough.

He remains the common denominator in all our UCL humiliations. No be made up stuff oo, nah based on facts.

UCL go soon show and we'll be back again with a midfielder in goal. Awon passing GK!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 5:36pm On Jun 06
To be clear, I'm not hating on Stegen but if you want to see different opinions about our current #1, go to Reddit, BB or any Barca forum on twitter, open any post that concerns him then come back.

Check the comment section on the page below. It's not only me. The fact is that our GK has regressed so bad it's not hidden anymore!

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by abduleez1(m): 6:52pm On Jun 06
Kilishihunter:

Well it's good there's an annual clause though we'll have to be successful like you said especially in the UCL cause there's no way Nike would agree to pay higher if we continue being shit, some of these deals we're still getting in our downtime is cause of the brilliance of our 2009-2011 and 2015-2019 teams before our downfall started, Messi also playing a huge part in marketing, but these won't continue to give us leeway in the future unless we start winning big, we might be Nike's biggest soccer team in football but any of these other big teams might decide to switch to them in the future
The Spotify Nou is a big game changer, at 60% capacity when it reopens we'll still get bank talkless of over a 100k capacity especially on UCL nights, that's aside the other non sporting events the stadium would hold, we suppose go for the likes of Wirtz by the end of next season if everything goes according to plan

Na that Camp Nou I just dey patiently wait for and by all news about progress I'm hearing about it is that the construction is going in schedule for November reopening. Tho, looking at it from outside pictures and the likes looks like the progress is slow but the contractor says it's moving according to plan. I pray make delay no dey.
I only heard of a slight delay once early last month to probably mid to late December reopening. Asides that haven't heard more about it.

Anyways sha... My hope is it reopens this December no matter what.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 10:22pm On Jun 06
oliverano:
Go and watch Barca Vs Bayern 8:2, juven Vs Barca 3:0, PSG Vs Barca, 2020, PSG Vs Barca 2024, Barca Vs Liverpool, in fact go and watch highlights of all UCL since 2014/2015 then come back.

This is even more hilarious lol. Here you are listing results of matches and blaming a single entity for it all.

Okay, you said you can screenshot Reddit and show people talking about how poor he's been. Would you be so kind to go to the goal threads of each of the goals Barca conceded in all these matches and screenshot those blaming Ter Stergen ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6223) (6224) (6225) (6226) (6227) (6228) (6229) ... (6238) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: ohma456, BlaqFaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.