Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,576 members, 7,888,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:03 PM

***hmmmm Nigeria Women*** - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / ***hmmmm Nigeria Women*** (2536 Views)

What Are Your Views About Indecent Dressings Among Nigeria Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

***hmmmm Nigeria Women*** by kennyman20(m): 5:34pm On May 18, 2011
I wonder what nigeria women will look like if there's no weave-on.
Na the one wey happened for my area be this ooo,
There's dis girl wey dey my area, this girl fine die thank God say i quickly know say na weave-on beauty.
There's dis day wey measles affected this girl so the girl was asked to removed the weave-on for penetration of fresh into her head and for fast healing of the measles on her head.
So all these time this girl no fit come out.
Na so i say make i go see one of my friend wey dey live her house.
I was so surprised with what i saw.
This girl look like witch when i saw her quickly something came up on my mind that.
***if there's no weave-on what would nigeria women look like***
They're so crazy about weave-on this days.
Anyway thank God for the advanced technology that invented weave-on.
Pls my guys shine ur eyes ooo !!!
Re: ***hmmmm Nigeria Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 10:37pm On May 18, 2011
Your post is by far one of the most ignorant post I've ever seen from a guy pertaining to women's hair. Do before weaves were created, were women not wearing their hair beautifully? Did it not occur to you that perhaps she doesn't keep her hair tidy underneath the weave? Is she a representation for all Nigerian women? Why is it that you feel the need to reference only Nigerian women? Are there not women of other nationalities who's hair is unkempt underneath their weave? Although you didn't mention "race" or ethnicity, I'm still gonna ask you, have you never seen women other ethnic groups with damaged or unkempt hair under their weave. I don't understand why some of you idiotic men on Nairaland feel the need to constantly bash your sisters. Instead of uplifting them, some you you seem to take pride and joy in trying to bring them down. There are sooooo many things that some men Nigerian men do yet you don't see us opening threads left and right to bash you all. Its not like anything you said was constructive criticisms, it was just comes across as a another way for some of you to bash. It's sad because some of you even have the gall to ask why some of your sisters have turned to other nationalities and ethnicities.
Re: ***hmmmm Nigeria Women*** by BABE3: 10:39pm On May 18, 2011
Re: ***hmmmm Nigeria Women*** by emofine(f): 10:56pm On May 18, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Your post is by far one of the most ignorant post I've ever seen from a guy pertaining to women's hair. Do before weaves were created, were women not wearing their hair beautifully? Did it not occur to you that perhaps she doesn't keep her hair tidy underneath the weave? Is she a representation for all Nigerian women? Why is it that you feel the need to reference only Nigerian women? Are there not women of other nationalities who's hair is unkempt underneath their weave? Although you didn't mention "race" or ethnicity, I'm still gonna ask you, have you never seen women other ethnic groups with damaged or unkempt hair under their weave. I don't understand why some of you idiotic men on Nairaland feel the need to constantly bash your sisters. Instead of uplifting them, some you you seem to take pride and joy in trying to bring them down. There are sooooo many things that some men Nigerian men do yet you don't see us opening threads left and right to bash you all. Its not like anything you said was constructive criticisms, it was just comes across as a another way for some of you to bash. It's sad because some of you even have the gall to ask why some of your sisters have turned to other nationalities and ethnicities.

Inked Nerd you too have time, I'm afraid stupidity has no cure. Abeg leavam it's just his debut at comedy just pity am small and laugh at with him
Re: ***hmmmm Nigeria Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 10:59pm On May 18, 2011
emofine:

Inked Nerd you too have time I'm afraid that stupidity has no cure. abeg leavam it's just his debut at comedy just pity am small and laugh at with him

Smh, I go pity am well well and I go laugh well well. Nonsense!!!
Re: ***hmmmm Nigeria Women*** by GODSON2009(m): 1:24pm On May 19, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

i dont know the context the guy used in opening the thread but in the old days women were not using chemicals to wash and set and do all sorts to their hair they used organic stuffs which made the haidr glow shine and grow properly these days the chemicals as resulted in many women not having long hair or their hair prematuredly falling out.
however totally agree with you that its not restricted to naija women,but they are definitely part of the whole demographics described by the poster
Re: ***hmmmm Nigeria Women*** by africhika(f): 4:33pm On May 19, 2011
LOL!!!!!!!
kennyman, i do agree that 9ja women wear toooooooooooo much weave. it's ridiculous the amount of weave on their heads.
at my university here in atlanta, the 9ja girls were always ridiculed by the african americans because of the bad weave.

on a recent visit to naija, i was shocked at the amount of weave.

i dont wear weave. and as soon as i landed in 9ja, pple kept asking me, "what is wrong? why don't u wear weave-on?"

oh, well, hopefully more 9ja woman can learn to appreciate the hair god gave them. look at s. africans, many of them don't wear weave. most of my 9ja friends would never be caught dead without their weave. i[b]n a group of african women, you can ALWAYS spot out the 9jas with the fake hair.[/b] na wa oh
Re: ***hmmmm Nigeria Women*** by africhika(f): 4:38pm On May 19, 2011
BUT, on the other hand-----9ja men like long hair!!!!!!
one lady at my church has short, natural hair. her fiance (recently moved from 9ja) told her that she needs to "do something with her hair, because she can't be looking like a man." what nonsense! now, she wears weave.
Re: ***hmmmm Nigeria Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 7:05am On May 20, 2011
africhika:

BUT, on the other hand-----9ja men like long hair!!!!!!
one lady at my church has short, natural hair. her fiance (recently moved from 9ja) told her that she needs to "do something with her hair, because she can't be looking like a man."   what nonsense! now, she wears weave.

Exactly, you see what I'm saying. Our men not appreciating what we have in it's natural state. Let some fool speak to me like that and I'll give you the tongue lashing of their life angry

GODSON2009:

i dont know the context the guy used in opening the thread but in the old days women were not using chemicals to wash and set and do all sorts to their hair they used organic stuffs which made the haidr glow shine and grow properly these days the chemicals  as resulted in many women not having long hair or their hair prematuredly falling out.
however  totally agree with you that its not restricted to naija women,but they are definitely part of the whole demographics described by the poster

Yeah, I know in the old days that women didn't relax or straighten their hair. I myself don't do it either. I'm not and will never be a fan of weave but there are people who do it in a tasteful manner and care for their actual hair and make it work for them. What rubbed me the wrong way was the way the OP presented his views.

africhika:

LOL!!!!!!!
kennyman, i do agree that 9ja women wear toooooooooooo much weave. it's ridiculous the amount of weave on their heads.
at my university here in atlanta, the 9ja girls were always ridiculed by the african americans because of the bad weave.

on a recent visit to naija, i was shocked at the amount of weave.

i dont wear weave. and as soon as i landed in 9ja, pple kept asking me, "what is wrong? why don't u wear weave-on?"

oh, well, hopefully more 9ja woman can learn to appreciate the hair god gave them. look at s. africans, many of them don't wear weave. most of my 9ja friends would never be caught dead without their weave. i[b]n a group of african women, you can ALWAYS spot out the 9jas with the fake hair.[/b] na wa oh

lol, that's interesting. At my school, the few Africans I meet hate walking around with a bad weave. . . Hmmm but then again that's pretty much how all the weave wearers at my school are. As for Nigerian women not wanting to be caught without weaves, its true. I know a couple of African models at some agencies here in New York and I've witnessed some of them go above and beyond not to be seen in public without their weaves. Its just crazy at times undecided Hehehe, it's quite funny when I talk to other girls and I tell them I've never had a weave and that I don't relaxed my hair--they look at me like I'm there's something wrong with me. In Naija, its like having natural hair is equated with poverty. I remember in an interview Genevieve Nnaji did, she mentioned that she wore her natural hair out once and someone approached her and asked her what happened to her and if she had become poor. Because of the comment the man made, Genevieve said she put weave back in her hair.
Re: ***hmmmm Nigeria Women*** by africhika(f): 12:53am On May 21, 2011
^^ so how do u wear ur hair now?
i have sisterlocks (tiny locks---www.sisterlocks.com)
Re: ***hmmmm Nigeria Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 3:38am On May 21, 2011
africhika:

^^ so how do u wear your hair now?
i have sisterlocks  (tiny locks---www.sisterlocks.com)

It kinda looks like these pics. When I cut it, I made sure it was longer in the front than the back grin

Re: ***hmmmm Nigeria Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 3:39am On May 21, 2011
But this what I hope it will be like in the next couple of months. So far the progress has been great. My hair is healthy and soft yet still thick grin

(1) (Reply)

The Cockiest Peoples In The World .....(top 5) / Why Igbos Are Good Learners And Are Fast Learning From Southafricans (photo) / Nigeria’s Cultural Traditions Preserved By Survivors Of Slavery -chief Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.