Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,453 members, 7,881,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:38 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1023) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3617984 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) ... (2860) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 02, 2018
Achilles100:

Damn, even Riviera that just started, you already seeing it?

Thinking of starting it and safe.

Season 1 of Riveira aired last year tho. Not exactly a new show in my definition as there are much more newer shows around. Yeah, I watched it last year. It's glamorous, it's expensively made, the visuals are impressive, it's got plotholes in droves, but don't let that stop you since the plot still make for a credible fast paced action mystery.

Safe is very good. It will keep you guessing until the end. Michael. C. Hall attempt at an English accent is atrocious, tho. I don't know why his character has to be made an Englishman, when he could just as easily be an American expat working in England, at least, he would have kept his natural American accent, instead of trying to speak English in an accent he can't do. Apart from that, he nailed his role... solid acting all around.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2018
Achilles100:

Eh, what?!!

While he's clearly wrong on Stranger Things being an episode of X-files turned to a full brown tv show, the show does feel like an episode of prime X-files at times. When I watched season one, I keep expecting Agent Mulder and Scully to pop out any moment and start investigating.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2018
Mehn!! Narcos is one interesting and fantastic series. Can't believe I only knew about it last month.

I can't remember the last time I prayed so fervently for a character not to die like I did for Jorge Salceido. If he had died, I'd have developed a deep seated hatred for Narcos.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sod09(m): 5:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
Beorn:
Mehn!! Narcos is one interesting and fantastic series. Can't believe I only knew about it last month.

I can't remember the last time I prayed so fervently for a character not to die like I did for Jorge Salceido. If he had died, I'd have developed a deep seated hatred for Narcos.
you know it's a true life story

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 02, 2018
genderruler:
Done with Homeland season 7, I think Crazy Carrie is better than normal Carrie. To think of it is there a season why Carrie does not go crazy?

Crazy Carrie is the best Carrie. Season 1 and 2 were crazy Carrie at her best. I can't recall her going crazy in season 3 and 5. Season 4, she went crazy and deliberately too. Season 7, she then goes completely crazy, like we have never seen her before... like completely unhinged.

Edit: Come to think of it, I think she deliberately went off her meds slightly on season 5 in order to solve a puzzling case. Ironically, she's smarter when she's crazy.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
Beorn:

Wow! Narcos was pretty well hyped when it debuted. Hard to believe you weren't aware of it till recently.

Jorge made a deal with the devil and expected to walk out of it whole? That's mighty naive. He should have known better. Still, I'm glad he f**k them (the Cali cartel) good in the end, and out of self preservation.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 5:22pm On Jun 02, 2018
koice:

While he's clearly wrong on Stranger Things being an episode of X-files turned to a full brown tv show, the show does feel like an episode of prime X-files at times. When I watched season one, I keep expecting Agent Mulder and Scully to pop out any moment and start investigating.

Lmfao, you need to re-watch X-Files, I'm on the the fifth episode and I can boldly tell you that stranger-things is an episode of X-Files turned to a series.

It's even a topic on stranger things subreddit grin

I'm not the only one who noticed grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nasiano01: 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2018
Anyone looking for an interesting tv series should see downtown abbey
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 02, 2018
introvertme:

Lmfao, you need to re-watch X-Files, I'm on the the fifth episode and I can boldly tell you that stranger-things is an episode of X-Files turned to a series.

It's even a topic on stranger things subreddit grin

I'm not the only one who noticed grin

Is this a joke? I don't know if you were being serious or simply taking the piss. I mean, it's a well established fact that Stranger Things is an amalgram of several concepts drawn from not a single movie or a tv show but ten eleven movies, ELEVEN. Let's not have this back and forth because it's long settled colloquy. Pulling some ludicrous idea out of thin air just because it suited a particular narrative doesn't make it correct. It does look like an episode of X-files because both are drawn from similar sources, and because the X-files came before it.

Read more on this. Pretty sure it's all over the internet.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2018
koice:

Season 1 of Riveira aired last year tho. Not exactly a new show in my definition as there are much more newer shows around. Yeah, I watched it last year. It's glamorous, it's expensively made, the visuals are impressive, it's got plotholes in droves, but don't let that stop you since the plot still make for a credible fast paced action mystery.

Safe is very good. It will keep you guessing until the end. Michael. C. Hall attempt at an English accent is atrocious, tho. I don't know why his character has to be made an Englishman, when he could just as easily be an American expat working in England, at least, he would have kept his natural American accent, instead of trying to speak English in an accent he can't do. Apart from that, he nailed his role... solid acting all around.

My bad, I was confusing Riviera to Reverie. Will try and see both R's.

What is it with these producers casting Englishmen to speak with an American accent and vice versa.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2018
nasiano01:
Anyone looking for an interesting tv series should see downtown abbey

Downtown abbey is a series you watch when you just want to chill. No real suspense, good series if you just want to look at something.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Coutinho14: 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2018
shugacoated:
black sails.. anyone??

honest reviews please.. hope it won't later turn sour?

and recommend wonderful series for me.. that has resemblance with bates motel, into the badlands, peaky blinders..etc sha.. just drama, guns, adventure..

koice and the rest
prolly the best pirate series I've ever seen (alongside Vikings) , Hannah New's acting was top notch (tho she was kinda annoying), how alliances were changing is what made the show interesting plus the raw pirate life 8.5/10 for me
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 8:59pm On Jun 02, 2018
sod09:
you know it's a true life story

Yes, I know. Even part of the real tapes were shown alongside the acted scenes. The series is an eye opener.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 9:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
koice:

Wow! Narcos was pretty well hyped when it debuted. Hard to believe you weren't aware of it till recently.

Jorge made a deal with the devil and expected to walk out of it whole? That's mighty naive. He should have known better. Still, I'm glad he f**k them (the Cali cartel) good in the end, and out of self preservation.

I too dey carry last when series are involved. I can't believe I waited for so long to see Narcos.

Regarding the deal Jorge made, it's a dumb move. I'll never make such a deal when I have something to lose, in Jorge's case, his family. I mean, he made that deal after seeing his boss and wife get killed in his front. Very dumb move, but I'm glad he made it out alive.

Will the series have a season 4?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 02, 2018
koice Achilles100 Damilare65 Coutinho14
thanks guys..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lampert505(m): 12:06am On Jun 03, 2018
Pls can someone share link to American pie seasons here
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:09am On Jun 03, 2018
Beorn:

I too dey carry last when series are involved. I can't believe I waited for so long to see Narcos.

Regarding the deal Jorge made, it's a dumb move. I'll never make such a deal when I have something to lose, in Jorge's case, his family. I mean, he made that deal after seeing his boss and wife get killed in his front. Very dumb move, but I'm glad he made it out alive.

Its already in the making. And we are going to MEXICO. It got real in MEXICO and the The Director was killed by the drug cartel MEXICO series is all about. It was a setback but it's now back in production.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 2:51am On Jun 03, 2018
GuzmanAyodele:
Its already in the making. And we are going to MEXICO. It got real in MEXICO and the The Director was killed by the drug cartel MEXICO series is all about. It was a setback but it's now back in production.

The emboldened was all I needed to read. You've posted spoilers by telling me the director was killed. What a heartbreaking spoiler. cry Well, don't reveal anymore twist or revelation, let's just wait to watch them ourselves.

Edited: Wow. I thought you meant the CIA Director inside the series, I didn't know you were referring to the director of series (which you've been corrected by Köice that it's the location manager). What happened? The drug cartel being talked about was not happy that their stories were being televised? Did they catch the culprit?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 6:29am On Jun 03, 2018
They made American pie into a. Series?
Lampert505:
Pls can someone share link to American pie seasons here
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 03, 2018
Beorn:

Definitely.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 03, 2018
Achilles100:

My bad, I was confusing Riviera to Reverie. Will try and see both R's.

What is it with these producers casting Englishmen to speak with an American accent and vice versa.
At least, most English actors are able to do a passable American accent. American actors? Not so much.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 03, 2018
GuzmanAyodele:

The location manager got killed, not the director. It's all sorted now like you rightly said.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 03, 2018
Beorn:

The emboldened was all I needed to read. You've posted spoilers by telling me the director was killed. What a heartbreaking spoiler. cry Well, don't reveal anymore twist or revelation, let's just wait to watch them ourselves.

It's not a spoiler in the sense the tragedy doesn't in any way affect the script.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achillesdam500(m): 7:54am On Jun 03, 2018
koice:

The location manager got killed, not the director. It's all sorted now like you rightly said.
How do you watch so many series bro? The quality,ratings,time, enough data to download and all that
Give a bro some eye openers too cause I'm a lover of movies and series.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 03, 2018
Achillesdam500:

How do you watch so many series bro? The quality,ratings,time, enough data to download and all that
Give a bro some eye openers too cause I'm a lover of movies and series.

One word: Spectranet.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abilereggie: 8:22am On Jun 03, 2018
shugacoated:
black sails.. anyone??

honest reviews please.. hope it won't later turn sour?

and recommend wonderful series for me.. that has resemblance with bates motel, into the badlands, peaky blinders..etc sha.. just drama, guns, adventure..

koice and the rest

You'll find the characters amazing ;flint,jack rackam,Edward' Blackbeard 'teach,long john silver and you'll love the twist too
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achillesdam500(m): 8:30am On Jun 03, 2018
koice:

One word: Spectranet.
But I think their services are restricted to some major cities in Nigeria yeah?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 03, 2018
Achillesdam500:

But I think their services are restricted to some major cities in Nigeria yeah?

In the West it's available in Lagos, Oyo and Ogun State. In the South-south, Rivers, Cross River and Bayelsa. In the East, Only Imo. In the North, Abuja and Kano.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achillesdam500(m): 8:39am On Jun 03, 2018
koice:

In the West it's available in Lagos, Oyo and Ogun State. In the South-south, Rivers, Cross River and Bayelsa. In the East, Only Imo. In the North, Abuja and Kano.
Oh thanks,what plans do you activate?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 03, 2018
Achillesdam500:

Oh thanks,what plans do you activate?
Unified value: 25gb per month, cost 10k. The perks being the free unlimited night plan.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 9:31am On Jun 03, 2018
koice:

Wow. I thought he meant the CIA Director inside the series, I didn't know he was referring to the director of series (which you corrected him to be the location manager). What happened? The drug cartel being talked about was not happy that their stories were being televised? Did they catch the culprit?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Harjet(m): 9:32am On Jun 03, 2018
lepasharon:

But no trailer?
Well, all I know is it was renewed for 3 seasons in 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) ... (2860) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Remmedy(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.