Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,465 members, 7,881,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 04:36 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3618172 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) (2380) (2381) (2382) ... (2860) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 11:41am On Aug 26, 2022
nani667:
°°°°
Preach!!!

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2022
nani667:
°°°°

need to watch this again
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hersarhn: 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2022
I want to watch house of the dragon, but I feel it's required i watch game of thrones first due to the comments I see here. Must it be so?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2022
hersarhn:
I want to watch house of the dragon, but I feel it's required i watch game of thrones first due to the comments I see here. Must it be so?
Not really, seeing as House of the Dragon is a prequel and takes place years before the events of Game of Thrones.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by theblackrannger: 1:11pm On Aug 26, 2022
hersarhn:
I'd advise you watch game of thrones first to really enjoy the references and the beauty of hotd.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by meobizy(f): 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2022
So, HOTD episode one down. My conclusion is a big meh.

Unlike viewing GOT’s first episode twelve years ago, this offering didn’t hook me in the first eight minutes. The studio is trying too hard to capture old audiences with a GOT-themed heavy soundtrack. Ramin Djawadi‘s style is becoming too familiar now. I will keep watching, but doubt I’d stay longer than the fourth episode. Many discussions flew past my head since this was a new world I knew nothing of. Unlike the show’s predecessor where I wanted to binge through the season to catch up with these stories, this one left me wondering if I should invest coming months.

Why do feminists complain about patriarchy in today’s diluted society yet heavily patronize shows like this entrenched in the theme? Nudity is tame compared to its predecessor. I hope the budget wasn’t spent wholly on designing dragons.

The show has benefits. I like how dragons here are treated as pets as opposed to weapons like Danaery’s “children.” I saw a returning extra who worked since GOT’s S1 - 8 as the head of different army factions. Here he gets to play a more vocal role as the leader of the city watch. He seemed like a Reddit regular who finally got a breakthrough into becoming a media personality. The costumes as usual are top-notch. The “bad guy” doesn’t seem at all evil past word of mouth. If anything he appears more as an ambitious fellow — a trait useful in the real world yet vilified in modern media. The breaking of tradition was good to see. I wonder how circumstances will play out pitting the lead against her favourite uncle. Politics were based on the real world. It was a joy seeing a member of the council offer his daughter as comfort to the grieving king. Things of the sort are common where power is involved.

All in all, a good show for the old audience. I’m very skeptical because series nowadays are underwhelming, HBO offerings notwithstanding. It still appears as a cash grab to make use of excess production pieces created over the ten years of Thrones’s existence.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:00pm On Aug 26, 2022
meobizy:

Unlike viewing GOT’s first episode twelve years ago, this offering didn’t hook me in the first eight minutes. The studio is trying too hard to capture old audiences with a GOT-themed heavy soundtrack. Ramin Djawadi‘s style is becoming too familiar now. I will keep watching, but doubt I’d stay longer than the fourth episode. Many discussions flew past my head since this was a new world I knew nothing of. Unlike the show’s predecessor where I wanted to binge through the season to catch up with these stories, this one left me wondering if I should invest coming months.

Why do feminists complain about patriarchy in today’s diluted society yet heavily patronize shows like this entrenched in the theme? Nudity is tame compared to its predecessor. I hope the budget wasn’t spent wholly on designing dragons.

The show has benefits. I like how dragons here are treated as pets as opposed to weapons like Danaery’s “children.” I saw a returning extra who worked since GOT’s S1 - 8 as the head of different army factions. Here he gets to play a more vocal role as the leader of the city watch. He seemed like a Reddit regular who finally got a breakthrough into becoming a media personality. The costumes as usual are top-notch. The “bad guy” doesn’t seem at all evil past word of mouth. If anything he appears more as an ambitious fellow — a trait useful in the real world yet vilified in modern media. The breaking of tradition was good to see. I wonder how circumstances will play out pitting the lead against her favourite uncle. Politics were based on the real world. It was a joy seeing a member of the council offer his daughter as comfort to the grieving king. Things of the sort are common where power is involved.

All in all, a good show for the old audience. I’m very skeptical because series nowadays are underwhelming, HBO offerings notwithstanding. It still appears as a cash grab to make use of excess production pieces created over the ten years of Thrones’s existence.
it's just one episode...

One episode...what is all these??

The amount of so called analysis I'm seeing from the pilot episode is funny...
Some seem overly disappointed, others treat it like it's the best piece of fiction...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2022
Alchemy of Souls and SEE
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2022
For me...
HOTD episode 1 is not a bad pilot nor is it a very good one...

The best thing about it is that it captures the feeling of GOT...where it goes with it I don't know...

I honestly don't know what some people were expecting...you want a show to meet the legacy of GOT in one episode?
Or what if episode 1 was crazy and the rest of the season becomes mid?

Why not wait and see where show goes before writing off the show?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Calibrator: 2:21pm On Aug 26, 2022
The only thing I can deduce from your analysis is that you are Jon Snow where the GOT/HOTD universe is concerned.

You think The King's hand offered his daughter as comfort out of the goodness of his heart.

The number one and only rule of the universe: Everyone has an agenda and each of their every actions is geared towards their own personal agenda.

All noise and no substance analysis!
meobizy:

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Faboosuarez(m): 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2022
Why is Noone talking about the fact that those clowns court just poisoned Viserys, that scene where he banished his brother and he was sitting on the iron throne, he scrapped his hand on something. dude is weak just like daemon said

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nahr(f): 3:02pm On Aug 26, 2022
Appisko:

Nice series by all standards

Yeah, now I am waiting for season two, hopefully they may release it next year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nahr(f): 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2022
Miracood2:

No lies.. just completed episode 9.

Okay, I hope they release season two soon.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jopri: 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2022
All American series was the bomb for me. Can't wait for season 5 to premiere
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2022
If you're a foodie, then these are the anime for you. grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nwafresh(m): 7:41pm On Aug 26, 2022
Kaycee7:
If you're a foodie, then these are the anime for you. grin

Ruth should be thanking you.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 7:46pm On Aug 26, 2022
✔️

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 7:47pm On Aug 26, 2022
✔️✔️

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lh19(m): 10:23pm On Aug 26, 2022
Faboosuarez:
Why is Noone talking about the fact that those clowns court just poisoned Viserys, that scene where he banished his brother and he was sitting on the iron throne, he scrapped his hand on something. dude is weak just like daemon said

Viserys wasn't poisoned, the iron throne is made of swords so its sharp ends tends to injure the people sitting on it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MJBOLT: 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2022
As they should...

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2022
Samaritan (2022) = 6.5/10 ✔️

Nope (2022) = 6.9/10 ✔️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by trueking: 11:24pm On Aug 26, 2022
SEE 0301

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:46pm On Aug 26, 2022
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 11:59pm On Aug 26, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I can never forgive Rachel...
The girl in the center

I hate Rachel with serious passion ehn

Never hated a fictional character nearly as much
I pray she die for S2
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kolena: 12:01am On Aug 27, 2022
Really feel like re-watching Game of Thrones.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 12:05am On Aug 27, 2022
hersarhn:
another idea

Watch HOTD b4 GOT since house of the dragon happened way back b4 game of thrones tongue

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:10am On Aug 27, 2022
DieRich5:
I pray she die for S2
I hope she does too...
But I doubt that...

But I will even prefer a slow painful suffering for Rachel...let her stay alive and suffer
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by fullclip(m): 1:34am On Aug 27, 2022
When men fall in love, they often want to make you happy. This isn’t to say that a man has to sacrifice his own happiness to make you happy, but it means that men will want to do more to make you happy.

When She Never Knew He's a Billionaire Until He Invited Her to His Mansion (Part 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQMhEUWYVqU

So if you’re wondering what makes a man fall in love, you’ll get a sense from how he tries to make you feel after watching this movie.

When She Never Knew He's a Billionaire Until He Invited Her to His Mansion Part 2 �

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iKbh2OvhQA

If you’re wondering how do men fall in love while they pursue you, This movie show some ways that men will show their interest and love.

Starring...
@Chundered Winifred
@Ray Emodi
@Sam Sunny
@Anita Joseph
@Peggy Ovire
@Grace Karts Bassey Effa
@Sonita Fred
@Odigie Osatohanmwen
@Schola-Pius
@Princess Nwachukwu
@Ehlam oche
@Sophia Nwachukwu
@Nelson Mkpado
@Emeka Darlington Charly ...

Make sure you drop comments, like and subscribe for more videos. Thanks.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 3:04am On Aug 27, 2022
Hope2014:

Worst series of 2022
Come on, you can't say Ms marvel is the worst series of 2022 when umbrella academy is there and resident evil, I truly enjoyed some but of it sha.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hope2014(m): 5:37am On Aug 27, 2022
Illusioneffect:

Come on, you can't say Ms marvel is the worst series of 2022 when umbrella academy is there and resident evil, I truly enjoyed some but of it sha.

Lol, I didn't even touch those oda ones.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:40am On Aug 27, 2022
WriterNig:
Samaritan (2022) = 6.5/10 ✔️

Nope (2022) = 6.9/10 ✔️

This asshole you have been corrected severally but you remain to be stupid
Are you naturally dumb to see you are derailing

(1) (2) (3) ... (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) (2380) (2381) (2382) ... (2860) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Niok and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.