Stats: 3,172,443 members, 7,884,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2863) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3623727 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2860) (2861) (2862) (2863) (2864) (2865) (2866) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DOyaskii(m): 10:52pm On Jul 07
Illusioneffect:

What would you consider your personal top 10 best shows of all times?
Mine is actually slightly similar to the list
1. Game of Thrones/HoTD
2. Friends
3. Stranger Things
4. Avatar: the Last Airbender
5. Succession
6. Better Call Saul
7. Breaking Bad
8. Bridgerton
9. The Boys
10. ?....
TBH i am not really into making these sort of lists, i have seen too many good shows/and still seeing, to narrow it down to a "Top 10" list. Like there isn't a defined criteria to make these list.

For E.G aren't you the one complaining about how "The Boys" S4 is going?, what is the criteria for it been on your list? Do you even know if they are gonna end it well?

And Bridgerton? Common on man, i don't even understand the context you used in putting it there, so you already see why making these kind lists is somehow.

Ideally, imo, Your "Top 10 list of your best shows" should be shows you can see over and over again, without getting tired. I haven't been able to sit through the entire "GOT" for a rewatch since my first run, except occasionally seeing random episodes to clear up some issh. I can wholeheartedly tell you, I can't sit through "The Boys" again from S1, when there are other new media to see every day. I think it has been only Dark (2017 - 2020) i have rewatched because it was a short binge with just 3 seasons.Only sitcoms these criteria in hindsight because, i can't honestly count how many times have seen "Scrubs", TAAHM", and "Everybody hates Chris
"

I think people confused most critically acclaimed show of all time with best shows of all time, and the latter is highly subjective and very dynamic. It's cool you are able to come up with such list tho but it will be very difficult for me.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DOyaskii(m): 11:03pm On Jul 07
Baddestguyp:

I don't even agree with the list but it does have a number of very solid shows...
The arrangements would differ to me...

And your argument about Breaking Bad...I think it's valid.

I've always said that Breaking Bad had a very boring first 2 seasons...
That's why I prefer Better Call Saul to it.

At the end of the day, the entire list is subjective but I just find it insulting to say shows like Power or Money Heist or Blacklist are among the best shows of all time...

Blacklist for instance would make my list of one of the worst shows I've ever watched
I think the term subjective clears everything up. Power was really good and it has spawned into a universe, and it still be culturally referenced till this day. I see the Ghost, Tasha and Angela love triage meme now and then on X, so it isn't surprising people are saying it's one of their best shows of all time, and it doesn't negate it just because you didn't vibe with it. Money Heist too, huge pop culture impact, we had peeps dressing as the robbers at cosplays and costume parties, even down here, so not surprising.

You are thinking a show has to be PHD level, super intricate in methodology, plot and otherwise for it to be people's best show ever, that's where you are wrong. Highly critically acclaimed β‰  Best shows ever, in most people's view point.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 12:44am On Jul 08
ProverbBaelish:

First time hearing of this show. Had an insane premise!
How would you describe the show before I waste data?
it's really nice, I'll rate it 8.5/10 but the series didn't end well
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:58am On Jul 08
Where can I get THE WIRE to download?

I need like 200mb per episode...decent quality and not data draining

Can't download 700mb per episode abeg
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 1:25am On Jul 08
Baddestguyp:
Saw this list of some of the best shows of all time on Reddit yesterday.

Someone brought it to Twitter and some Nigerians were calling Breaking Bad overrated..

Meanwhile they were asking why no Blacklist, Power, Teen Wolf, Vampire Diaries, Spartacus, Money Heist etc on the list grin

I can see now that we really deserve what Hollywood is dishing out lmao grin grin

How some people really believe shows like Power or Blacklist are among the best shows of all time is shocking

Btw I'm not fully sure how this list was compiled since it doesn't seem to be by just ratings
my top 10 and I really enjoy watching this series back then

1) GOT
2) Smallville
3) Naruto
4) Nikita
5) AOT
6) Vampire Diaries
7) Dark angel
cool how I met you mother
9) Shooter
10) death note

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ssquare199(m): 4:10am On Jul 08
Baddestguyp:
Where can I get THE WIRE to download?

I need like 200mb per episode...decent quality and not data draining

Can't download 700mb per episode abeg
kimoitv.com

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 5:04am On Jul 08
BANKAI!!! For this very same October? These people no want make I comot outside πŸ™†πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq9PkH3UgEo?si=2zCEW6sRzQYNZz3K

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IngeniousLeez: 5:38am On Jul 08
It begins.....

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Niok: 7:17am On Jul 08
Y'all shouldn't drop hotd spoilers atleast until tomorrow abeg
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Aturitoroman: 7:44am On Jul 08
Niok:
Just expect one foolish person here to still drop it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ProverbBaelish: 8:37am On Jul 08
Niok:
Hell nahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ProverbBaelish: 8:39am On Jul 08
House of the Dragon S2 E4 - 1000000/10
No spoilers till evening tho. One of the top 5 best episodes in the Game of Thrones franchise
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IngeniousLeez: 8:52am On Jul 08
jikins:

I would love to see a new series that explores regions outside of Westeros and Valyria! Especially east of Essos

Same here bruh. I'm slowly tired of Westeros. I need more Valyria and Essos. That's why I'm hyped about the other projects like Princess Nymeria (10,000 Ships), The Seasnake, and animated Golden Empire of Yi Ti.

More exploration of other far away regions, like Rhoyne, Valyria, Essos, Summer Isles etc.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:59am On Jul 08
jikins:

Na better enjoyment you wan embark on be that.

8+ hours of peak

I'm anticipating it. The way I restrained myself off starting it this season ehn. Now it pays off in a huge way cos there's too many shows I'm trying to juggle together now, before HOTD and The Boys took precedence.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:00am On Jul 08
100naira:
how good is Mayfair witches?

Sadly no match for Interview With The Vampire. Started of that year, couldn't get past the second episode. I downloaded 3 episodes I think, I never still go back since then.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:02am On Jul 08
blingxx:

A $300m movie with brad Pitt as the lead, some said this is F1 verison of "top gun"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZGY2CWPXeU?si=5KkmhJdrtESD__AX

You sure say this movie reach $300mn f@t f:viking mn dollars so??

Oh, it's an Apple TV film. They got the money to spend. WB is just distributing.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 9:53am On Jul 08
ProverbBaelish:

First time hearing of this show. Had an insane premise!
How would you describe the show before I waste data?
It's a blast trust me.
One of the most fun shows ever.πŸ’―
Action plus comedyπŸ”₯
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 10:00am On Jul 08
ProverbBaelish:

The later seasons of Fargo and True Detective is not good?? Because I actually wanted to download Fargo recently
And how would you describe the Americans
I don't know about the other seasons because I haven't seen them.
Both Fargo and True Detective are Anthology series. Different stories for each seasons.
The first seasons of these shows are peak TV.
10/10.

As for The Americans, it's a great spy show, great performances and delivers edge of of seat moments.
I think it's rated as one of the if not the best of his genre
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Calibrator: 10:05am On Jul 08
HOTD season two episode four.

Time : 45'+ 2

Body Scores: Team Black 2-2 Team Green

Some are team green, some are team black and the rest of us just want to see the world burn.

May the best team win cheesy

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 10:08am On Jul 08
DOyaskii:
I think the term subjective clears everything up. Power was really good and it has spawned into a universe, and it still be culturally referenced till this day. I see the Ghost, Tasha and Angela love triage meme now and then on X, so it isn't surprising people are saying it's one of their best shows of all time, and it doesn't negate it just because you didn't vibe with it. Money Heist too, huge pop culture impact, we had peeps dressing as the robbers at cosplays and costume parties, even down here, so not surprising.

You are thinking a show has to be PHD level, super intricate in methodology, plot and otherwise for it to be people's best show ever, that's where you are wrong. Highly critically acclaimed β‰  Best shows ever, in most people's view point.
Power is mostly watched by Black American women.
Saw the first season and it was too soap opera-ish
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 10:10am On Jul 08
⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:43am On Jul 08
kendrick9:
Same director.
And just like Topgun was funded by the Pentagon, these will be a joint collaboration with the Formula one.

Was TopGun truly part funded by The Pentagon asides the military aircraft or this one na lamba?? If so why were peeps mad at me for saying the movie was a big propaganda film and calling me a Communist? 🧐🧐
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 10:53am On Jul 08
For a dragon so big, Vhagar too Sabi this disguise /deception thing, whether day or night.

HOTD
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:08am On Jul 08
Omo this episode of HOTD.

I had to quickly watch the episode as Twitter was so full of spoilers....

What an episode!!!
Especially the last 10 minutes...

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by joseph1832(m): 12:18pm On Jul 08
House of the Dragon Season 2, Episode 4.

Awesome, that's the word to describe it, awesome. πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 1:08pm On Jul 08
abduleez1:

Was TopGun truly part funded by The Pentagon asides the military aircraft or this one na lamba?? If so why were peeps mad at me for saying the movie was a big propaganda film and calling me a Communist? 🧐🧐
Well not officially so it won't be recorded on the books but US Pentagon helps to fund Hollywood movies that potray them in good light.

And Propaganda or not, it was still a great movie.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WizEndy1: 2:21pm On Jul 08
Calibrator:
In no particular order.

1. Peaky Blinders
2. The Originals
3. Suits
4. Into the badlands
5. GOT
6. IRIS
7. Chuno the Slave hunter
8. Seal Team
9. Stranger Things
10. Notable mentions, presently watching Breaking Bad second season, AOT, Legend of the seeker, Snowpiercer.

Anyone who haven't seen The Wire is missing some real sheeeeeet (in Clay Davis voice)
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ReactExpress: 2:43pm On Jul 08
joseph1832:
House of the Dragon Season 2, Episode 4.

Awesome, that's the word to describe it, awesome. πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

Make madam run she nor gree. Seems she just wanted to die

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Emisco1(m): 4:31pm On Jul 08
ReactExpress:

she died for a reason (i guess intentional). Daemond hearing the news go turn mad man

let me stop here

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Laycoln(m): 4:49pm On Jul 08
ReactExpress:

Lolz Una funny ooo, the last time wey she ran they all blame her for running in kings landing

(1) (2) (3) ... (2860) (2861) (2862) (2863) (2864) (2865) (2866) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: joseph1832(m), OhBritannia(m), Lakesman445(m) and 2 guest(s)