Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,354 members, 7,932,270 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 11:26 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2879) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3702846 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2876) (2877) (2878) (2879) (2880) (2881) (2882) ... (2892) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Calibrator: 7:32pm On Jul 23
grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 7:49pm On Jul 23
I personally believe Seth Rogen is a pervert in real life. Everything always has to be sexual with him. EVERYTHING

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NaijaMemes: 8:10pm On Jul 23
Chibudollar:
I personally believe Seth Rogen is a pervert in real life. Everything always has to be sexual with him. EVERYTHING

Or maybe he is creative about expressing sex unlike some sexually repressed clowns. Food for thought......
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:52pm On Jul 23
NaijaMemes:

Or maybe he is creative about expressing sex unlike some sexually repressed clowns. Food for thought......
Troll. GET BEHIND ME. THIS IS MY LAST REPLY TO YOU BTW SO DON'T BOTHER
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:04am On Jul 24
Imagine SEVERANCE being produced for $20mn a pop.

That's roughly the same budget as HOTD. What's so visually striking about a show set in an office? This is just brazen wastage if you ask me. No wonder they're scaling back on productions.
Apple TV+ penchant for also spending $200mn on theatrical movies that no one watches is another puzzle.

Cc oyaskii

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by parkparky(m): 1:16am On Jul 24
Those about to kpai make sense o
7/10
Hope we will get a season 2

8 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by roqrules04(m): 4:21am On Jul 24
Guys like Tenax don’t die easily or quickly 😂

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 5:06am On Jul 24
abduleez1:

That's roughly the same budget as HOTD. What's so visually striking about a show set in an office? This is just brazen wastage if you ask me. No wonder they're scaling back on productions.
Apple TV+ penchant for also spending $200mn on theatrical movies that no one watches is another puzzle.

Cc oyaskii
I saw this and was wondering where exactly the 20m per episode was going to. Not like theirs some crazy CGI or something. Maybe they are just quoting figures sha because I don't understand
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NaijaMemes: 5:16am On Jul 24
Chibudollar:
Troll. GET BEHIND ME. THIS IS MY LAST REPLY TO YOU BTW SO DON'T BOTHER

You insulted a great man by calling him a pervert for no reason.

Oga, look in the mirror. You are the troll!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blingxx(m): 5:48am On Jul 24
Chibudollar:

Why did you watch sausage party grin? I thought we were told to avoid that movie
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 6:04am On Jul 24
abduleez1:

Cc oyaskii
lol The parent company has a 3TN $ market cap so they actually have enough money to throw around, and if that money doesn't yield return, they would still be okay.

But like you said, it's wanton wastage and they really need to change strategy if they want to survive in this business.

Money isn't everything in production, at least A24 has proven that over the years. So maybe cutting back on budget and focusing on marketing is the best way to go.

The crazy Apple Ecosystem gatekeep of the Apple TV+ app should be relaxed. The infact is, the iPhone is truly really only popular within the US, outside of it, going towards Europe and the likes, Android devices hold sway. They should make the app available for android phones and not just the web app and android tv, like they do now.

Because, I wouldn't want a situation where they are out of business cuz i don't think i have ever seen an original from them that was bad...more often than not top tier content 🪄

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 6:50am On Jul 24
parkparky:
Those about to kpai make sense o
7/10
Hope we will get a season 2
Lol welcome on board.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 6:55am On Jul 24
roqrules04:
Guys like Tenax don’t die easily or quickly 😂
grin Tenax is here to stay grin
A cat with 9 lives grin i have a feeling he might become an emperor in the future but it's a 50/50 chance because Rome is deadly city that cuts dreams and ambitions.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 7:19am On Jul 24
abduleez1:

Cc oyaskii

Money laundering, you can't tell me different.

The cast isn't star-studded
The production isn't in medieval times that involves castle building, etc
Nothing magical or mystical involving serious CGI or thereabouts

So wetin the 20milli don dey on?

White plain office and their nonsense computer?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:37am On Jul 24
blingxx:

Why did you watch sausage party grin? I thought we were told to avoid that movie
lol, i actually didn't, but i saw a clip from it on Twitter. And everything Seth Rogen is involved with he always finds a way to make it weird.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:38am On Jul 24
oyaskii:
lol The parent company has a 3TN $ market cap so they actually have enough money to throw around, and if that money doesn't yield return, they would still be okay.

But like you said, it's wanton wastage and they really need to change strategy if they want to survive in this business.

Money isn't everything in production, at least A24 has proven that over the years. So maybe cutting back on budget and focusing on marketing is the best way to go.

The crazy Apple Ecosystem gatekeep of the Apple TV+ app should be relaxed. The infact is, the iPhone is truly really only popular within the US, outside of it, going towards Europe and the likes, Android devices hold sway. They should make the app available for android phones and not just the web app and android tv, like they do now.

Because, I wouldn't want a situation where they are out of business cuz i don't think i have ever seen an original from them that was bad...more often than not top tier content 🪄
but where exactly is the 20m$ per episode going to. Like on what?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 9:22am On Jul 24
Chibudollar:
but where exactly is the 20m$ per episode going to. Like on what?
The official word is that most of the ballooned budget is going into personnel settlements rather than actual production sets and design but it still doesn't add up. it's most likely a money grab gimmick by Ben Stiller, since Apple seems to have a lot of cash to throw around.

Apple has committed to making 5 seasons of this, but at a r reduced cost, since they are changing the way they spend on production going forward for all their originals.

Side note: Severance S2 took this long because Ben Stiller was reportedly trying to justify the over bloated budget, by bringing the very best personnel in the industry on board. Beau Willimon, the famed playwright for House of Cards and Andor, was brought in to oversee S2 and potentially S3, and he didn't come cheap, but no way on God's green earth, does all that even remotely warrant the gigantic budget figures per episode they are quoting.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Sulele04(m): 9:41am On Jul 24
Baddestguyp:
Didn't see this coming at all...wtf
Guy that is literally his heart region he is definitely done there. Dabi's resurgence too omo these villains aren't going down without some bodies.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:43am On Jul 24
oyaskii:

I agree.
If they continue this trend, sooner or later they'd be forced out of business regardless of deep pockets.

These publicly traded companies are ever so reliant now on what investors and financiers think. What Wall Street feels? That's why even tho it's fellow big money counterpart Amazon, with an almost $2tn market cap have been scaling down on productions and wanton spending it's known for. When investors ain't optimistic about the business it'd start affecting their share price.

Remember how Rings of Power was spending almost $500mn on a single season of television, what even traditional studios will rarely spend for a top of the line blockbuster. With the TV show not reaching the heights Amazon hoped for it sparked a restructure in the company and eventual scaling down of budgets overall for content.

Like you said Apple TV+ really lacks marketing whatsoever. They just drop their shows and expect it to do well even tho they're mostly top tier.
Them no go ask HBO or Netflix for the blueprint of how to market a product to even the devil himself.

Look at how marketing for The Penguin TV show is all over the internet this last 3 days. All the major industry news portals are marketing it, same as the experts and enthusiasts alike. I've almost never seen such for an Apple TV production. The only time I saw that was for KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON & NAPOLEON and yet they flopped horrendously.

It may seem as if Apple TV hates to spend money marketing their products and just believe their herd of sheeple fans would make them successful regardless. Even A24 has way better marketing and clout than Apple TV with that humongous backing.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:20am On Jul 24
Sulele04:

Guy that is literally his heart region he is definitely done there. Dabi's resurgence too omo these villains aren't going down without some bodies.

The villains have way too much plot armor...
They feel undefeatable...

I haven't seen how the good guys will win at all...
Endeavor is a fraud...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 12:55pm On Jul 24
HoTD S2E6 - 9/10
It's just being review bombed because of the kiss : I'm not surprised they've to implement the message one way or the other
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NaijaMemes: 1:36pm On Jul 24
Illusioneffect:
HoTD S2E6 - 9/10
It's just being review bombed because of the kiss : I'm not surprised they've to implement the message one way or the other

Critical Drinker?

It is not new- there have been gay people in Game of Thrones. Renly Barratheon. In House of the Dragon, there is Laenor Valeryon

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:49pm On Jul 24
Illusioneffect:
HoTD S2E6 - 9/10

The episode is not a 1/10 or a 2/10

Neither is it a 10/10 or a 9/10...so both sides are reviewbombing...

And imo you're just as guilty as they are lol...

There's no way you watched that episode and thought it was honestly a 9/10...
That is incredible bias.

It's the worst or 2nd worst episode in the season so far...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hersarhn: 2:10pm On Jul 24
nani667:
°°°
That is definitely baddestguyp
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by drisham(m): 2:40pm On Jul 24
OhBritannia:
Lol welcome on board.

Thanks for recommending this show....good storyline/action, scheming and politics

But the acting is off maybe it's the fake accents

7.5/10

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:09pm On Jul 24
hersarhn:

That is definitely baddestguyp

I don't need to make a 6 hours voice note.
I can summarize it in a few words:

"BECAUSE IT IS PEAK FICTION!!!"

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 4:45pm On Jul 24
Hi gurus#please where can I get "those about to die" series?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by LordAdam16: 5:46pm On Jul 24
Achilles100:

Money laundering, you can't tell me different.

The cast isn't star-studded
The production isn't in medieval times that involves castle building, etc
Nothing magical or mystical involving serious CGI or thereabouts

So wetin the 20milli don dey on?

White plain office and their nonsense computer?

Apple has like $150B just chilling in a bank vault.
If you give your builder N1B to build a three-bedroom house in Jigawa, you'll get crazy quotes.
Apple TV execs are acting like senior civil servants. Spend it or you lose it.

-Lord
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 6:16pm On Jul 24
Baddestguyp:

The episode is not a 1/10 or a 2/10

Neither is it a 10/10 or a 9/10...so both sides are reviewbombing...

And imo you're just as guilty as they are lol...

There's no way you watched that episode and thought it was honestly a 9/10...
That is incredible bias.

It's the worst or 2nd worst episode in the season so far...
I don't know- it wasn't bad to me- or maybe I wasn't focused enough on it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 6:16pm On Jul 24
We're truly in a simulation

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 7:41pm On Jul 24
🎥 The Dead Don't Hurt (2023) = 6/10 ✔️ ❤️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 7:42pm On Jul 24
🎥 Horizon: An American Saga – Chapter 1 (2024) = 7.5/10 ✔️ ❤️

Can't get enough of these kind of movies. Never goes wrong

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2876) (2877) (2878) (2879) (2880) (2881) (2882) ... (2892) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.