Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,334 members, 7,974,420 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 01:29 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2902) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3765200 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2899) (2900) (2901) (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) ... (2932) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ReactExpress: 9:52am On Sep 11
armadeo:

Maybe I agree I've seen AOT alot so I remember the story and what went down. I've seen blue eyes Samurai just once and I remember the exact plot line.

Asides the sisters and some politics in arcane I can't remember Jack about anyone. I don't even remember thier names

When did you watch arcane? When did you watch blue eyes Samurai?

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:42am On Sep 11
Jarchi:

° Brodaman, Arcane is more into character development, the story is built towards a war, hopefully netflix won't Seppuku the war. Aot has a lifespan of 10 years spanning 4 seasons with so many filler episodes to remind you about the anime, I had to rewatch it yesterday to remind me why I love it. The story might lack action and suspense for some scenes because they're building something but I enjoyed everything about it just 2 episodes in, some of the dialogue will echo throughout the anime°
***Jarchi***

The end note is the prelude for war.

Powder popping arcane powered bomb into the city
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 10:44am On Sep 11
Illusioneffect:

Like always - acceptance is relative - not everyone would agree.
So I hope you also see why your claim holds no water.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:48am On Sep 11
Illusioneffect:

Oga not just me🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️ there're thousands of video saying how mediocre the arcane story is. The animation is excellent - even the story is well told but the story is very forgettable. It's over hyped bro- most of the reason Arcane is really popular is TikTok trends, you can't compare the story of Blue Eye Samurai to Arcane because of how interesting and really original the story is

Lol, Arcane is popular cos of Tik Tok. Lmao. This one na big reach. Tik Tok that wasn't really a thing until the last two years.

All these talk is recency bias. While Blue Eye Samurai is very good, I don't see it topping Arcane.

Blue Eye Samurai that just aired some months ago and I can't remember a single name of any character in it. But for Arcane I still remember at least 4 characters' names despite 3 yrs now.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 10:49am On Sep 11
ReactExpress:

Wouldn't even chalk it up more to time. I would say interest level is the main factor here.
There's movies/shows I watched a decade ago that I can still remember much about them even though I haven't rewatched them since and then there's movies/shows I watched recently that I can barely remember some things about them.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:51am On Sep 11
abduleez1:

Lol, Arcane is popular cos of Tik Tok. Lmao. This one na big reach. Tik Tok that wasn't really a thing until the last two years.

All these talk is recency bias. While Blue Eye Samurai is very good, I don't see it topping Arcane.

I disagree with you.

Blue eye samurai is way way way better than arcane

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 10:53am On Sep 11
abduleez1:

I haven't even pointed out how he's contradicting himself by saying that there's thousands of videos saying how mediocre the story of Arcane is while also claiming that the show is popular because of TikTok trends.
So how come those "thousands" of videos saying Arcane is mediocre no trend?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:11am On Sep 11
Kaycee7:
I haven't even pointed out how he's contradicting himself by saying that there's thousands of videos saying how mediocre the story of Arcane is while also claiming that the show is popular because of TikTok trends.
So how come those "thousands" of videos saying Arcane is mediocre no trend?

I shock where him see him news from. Me wey dey sleep for film Twitter and I never come across am.

The only short time I even saw peeps saying Arcane was overrated a few times was few months ago around Netflix teaser trailer. All these were absent for almost 3 years of massive hype in twitter.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:12am On Sep 11
NeoWanZaeed:

I disagree with you.

Lol, okay boss.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:29am On Sep 11
ARCANE that was easily one of the best TV show overall that aired in 2021. The best animated TV show of the year. Na im these ones dey form slander for. 😂😂

If na dey drop lamba make na dey calm down or at least drop receipts.

Arcane is "over hyped" or "mediocre" yet it's the first show to win Best Animated TV show at the Emmys alongside three more Emmy wins.

Even the audience agrees with its top quality being the 27th highest score of all time in IMDB. Make na just go rest cos this propaganda no fit work.

Arcane that it's theme song "Enemy" by Imagine Dragons was a global sensation. Na in dey popular cos of Tik Tok... Lmao. The sound score and design of ARCANE alone, Blue Eye Samurai can't lace it. This ain't about stanship or anything cos I love both shows.
Arcane that is the major reason people started having faith in Netflix animation and gaming adaptations for TV format.

Say you don't like it, fine. No problem. Not formulating something out of thin air.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:22pm On Sep 11
Jarchi:

° Brodaman, Arcane is more into character development, the story is built towards a war, hopefully netflix won't Seppuku the war. Aot has a lifespan of 10 years spanning 4 seasons with so many filler episodes to remind you about the anime, I had to rewatch it yesterday to remind me why I love it. The story might lack action and suspense for some scenes because they're building something but I enjoyed everything about it just 2 episodes in, some of the dialogue will echo throughout the anime°
***Jarchi***

Small correction tho:

AOT has no filler at all. Perhaps that's why every episode is highly rated because everything is important.

But I wish there was filler in AOT. We needed to spend more time with the characters.

That's one major criticism I have of AOT. The characters are well written but we don't spend as much time with them.

Season 1 for instance has so many characters with very little time spent on them.

Marco's death that was impactful to the story, themes and characters even to the end fell flat when it was revealed Midway through season 1 because we barely spent any time to get to know Marco better.

In fact Marco was so forgettable despite being very important to the characters and themes even to the end.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:29pm On Sep 11
NeoWanZaeed:

I disagree with you.

That is very subjective tbh.

But I will say it's plotlines are more memorable.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:36pm On Sep 11
Actually I haven't seen Arcane hate anywhere tbh...
I haven't seen Arcane mediocre videos on YouTube too...

But to be honest it's the same as every decent Hollywood animated show. They all get praised and hyped without hate...not like Velma.

Every decent Hollywood animated show seems to get praised to be peak fiction like X-Men 97, Scavenger Reign, Blue Eye Samurai, Pantheon, even shows like Vox Machina.

No be like the anime side where every popular series seem to have an equal number of haters. People have dedicated their lives hating on One Piece, AOT, Jujutsu Kaisen, Naruto etc...
Go on YouTube and see the number of people hating on them calling them worthless and mediocre

Check IMDB and see the number of reviewbombing these anime have.

Shows like ATLA and Arcane won't get those ratings on sites like IMDB if they were anime.

Imagine shows like ATLA or Arcane or Blue Eye Samurai getting 9.7 or 9.9 episodes on IMDB with 5k votes...
When on anime side, they will create Facebook groups, discord etc to reviewbomb episodes with 20k 1 star votes grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 12:40pm On Sep 11
The Genesis of all these arguments on 'Arcane' isn't worth it to be honest because what the first guy said was absolutely right, except people just want to argue for the sake of argument which is as at now is time wasting.

Arcane like the first guy said is easily forgettable, it's not an anime or a series that becomes entertainment culture amongst folks.
It was a great watch but after some weeks, we totally forgot about it, stopped talking about it and moved on with our lives, this was same for the blue avatar but not the same for the normal anime avatar which till today is still part of our memory and film culture.

Note!! Arcane was a great watch but easily forgettable because personally i can't even remember one scene again but i can still remember lots of series and movies i watched like 15 years ago.

6 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 12:50pm On Sep 11
ReactExpress:

I watched Rick and morty after arcane yet I remember it clearly. I watched aot before arcane.i wachted blue eyed Samurai after arcane.

It's not about how long ago it was how I was intune with the characters.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:02pm On Sep 11
OhBritannia:
The Genesis of all these arguments on 'Arcane' isn't worth it to be honest because what the first guy said was absolutely right, except people just want to argue for the sake of argument which is as at now is time wasting.

Arcane like the first guy said is easily forgettable, it's not an anime or a series that becomes entertainment culture amongst folks.
It was a great watch but after some weeks, we totally forgot about it, stopped talking about it and moved on with our lives, this was same for the blue avatar but not the same for the normal anime avatar which till today is still part of our memory and film culture.

Note!! Arcane was a great watch but easily forgettable because personally i can't even remember one scene again but i can still remember lots of series and movies i watched like 15 years ago.

Despite not being a big fan of Arcane, the fact that I forgot everything about it less than 1 month after watching speaks volume on the plot.

The plot was just not memorable at all...

That's one of the reasons I plan to rewatch the entire thing before season 2 rather than watch a YouTube recap

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ReactExpress: 2:07pm On Sep 11
armadeo:

I watched Rick and morty after arcane yet I remember it clearly. I watched aot before arcane.i wachted blue eyed Samurai after arcane.

It's not about how long ago it was how I was intune with the characters.

You said you watch aot multiple times didn't you so I am surprised at you are mentioning it again. You only mentioned blue eye Samurai and arcane. For anyone who knows when those series were released and the fact that you watched both of them once its very logical that when you are comparing both, it just doesn't compute thats why I asked you.

You can be in tune all you want but chances are you will most likely forget a series you watched over 3 years ago than one you watched in less than a year. So that's why I asked you. If you had mentioned you watch arcane after it like you did here now it would have made things clearer. Hence my question for clarity
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 2:24pm On Sep 11
Baddestguyp:

That is very subjective tbh.

But I will say it's plotlines are more memorable.

Perhaps we have different taste. Memorable one amongst the two is.. for me...is blue eye samurai.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ReactExpress: 2:27pm On Sep 11
Kaycee7:
Wouldn't even chalk it up more to time. I would say interest level is the main factor here.
There's movies/shows I watched a decade ago that I can still remember much about them even though I haven't rewatched them since and then there's movies/shows I watched recently that I can barely remember some things about them.

True but time still plays a role to denial that is just not fair. Its why you see people complaining that they forgot all about a series before a new season is released.

You remembering older series and not so much newer ones is actually in line with several studies that have been made that our attention span has deteriorated overtime. So it doesn't surprise me.

But that aside, I only asked for clarity sake. Because when I read that I was like when did arcane come out that you are comparing with blue eye samurai that I watched early this year. It just wasn't computing in my head.

But interest too plays a role not gonna lie because even the boys self proved it. We all watched it but many didn’t note Frenchy wasn't straight. It felt like a whole new thing because they likely don't totally remember everything that happened.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 2:49pm On Sep 11
ReactExpress:

True but time still plays a role to denial that is just not fair. Its why you see people complaining that they forgot all about a series before a new season is released.

You remembering older series and not so much newer ones is actually in line with several studies that have been made that our attention span has deteriorated overtime. So it doesn't surprise me.

But that aside, I only asked for clarity sake. Because when I read that I was like when did arcane come out that you are comparing with blue eye samurai that I watched early this year. It just wasn't computing in my head.

But interest too plays a role not gonna lie because even the boys self proved it. We all watched it but many didn’t note Frenchy wasn't straight. It felt like a whole new thing because they likely don't totally remember everything that happened.
Along with the deterioration of attention span, there's also oversaturation of content to consider as well. We're getting way more content than we used to a decade ago. There's only so much information the human brain can assimilate and retain.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:08pm On Sep 11
NeoWanZaeed:

Perhaps we have different taste. Memorable one amongst the two is.. for me...is blue eye samurai.

That is exactly what I said.

Arcane has an easily forgettable plot

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Gr8lex(m): 5:10pm On Sep 11
Jazzman01:

If you are talking about thrills and good acting, Hollywood is very good at that and you can see it in most of their movies so it is nothing special. But when it comes to the plot and storyline, how interesting, realistic and believable is it? That is what sets most of these movies apart.

Why do you think "Breaking Bad" is rated as number one on the list of best TV series of all time? It has a rating of about 9.5 or 9.6/10. It is not full of thrills, Infact some people consider it boring but when it comes to being realistic, it is as close to reality as possible and of course very interesting.

I understand you don't like the series but it can't be as bad as you're making it out to be and still win 20 Emmys. As good as Breaking Bad was, I have friends that can't get past Season 1 before giving up on it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is not good.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:17pm On Sep 11
Am I the only one who feels Lord Bridgerton and Hugh Jackman look alike? Such a striking resemblance
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DeeScan: 9:22pm On Sep 11
OhBritannia:
Rings of power season 2 episode 4 is a solid 8/10 for me.
It may seems as though most folks do not understand the true meaning of an Adventure series or an adventure movie.
This is why when i see ratings of the rings of power i just shake my head.

This series is the all embodiment of what we call a fantasy adventure series, it's more of a family series than the normal fantasy adult shows that's all out there and this is why comparing this show to other shows like House of the dragons makes no sense at all, it means you totally don't know anything about this business.

This show is unique on its own and brings nostalgic feelings as lovers of Lords of the rings and so far so good, this season two has been on point, reminds me so much of the Lords of the rings.
I can't wait for the rest episodes to drop, this season two has been solid so far.
G.O.T is up ahead of it...

This series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DeeScan: 9:41pm On Sep 11
NeoWanZaeed:

I disagree with you.

hell to the fvck no...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DeeScan: 9:43pm On Sep 11
Baddestguyp:

Small correction tho:

AOT has no filler at all. Perhaps that's why every episode is highly rated because everything is important.

But I wish there was filler in AOT. We needed to spend more time with the characters.

That's one major criticism I have of AOT. The characters are well written but we don't spend as much time with them.

Season 1 for instance has so many characters with very little time spent on them.

Marco's death that was impactful to the story, themes and characters even to the end fell flat when it was revealed Midway through season 1 because we barely spent any time to get to know Marco better.

In fact Marco was so forgettable despite being very important to the characters and themes even to the end.
did he just say AOT has no filler 😕😕
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DeeScan: 9:45pm On Sep 11
OhBritannia:

it's easily forgettable but it's re- watchable ... I believe arcane anyone would re watch arcane again and it'd feel like they are watching for the first time...

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:51pm On Sep 11
DeeScan:
did he just say AOT has no filler 😕😕

There is no single filler in AOT

Yes...

I dare you to point out a single filler Episode in AOT
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jarchi(m): 10:36pm On Sep 11

° Brodaman, Why won't we forget about it when new quality projects are coming out, and that's since 2021, I didn't know it's been that long self. A series needs 2 - 3 seasons to get people into talking and dissecting it, it needs back story to do that. We can't be dissecting a building world, it needs to establish itself. Arcane has the potential and I hope they don't destroy it. The music score alone was enough for me, °
***Jarchi***

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 11:06pm On Sep 11
Jarchi:

° Brodaman, Why won't we forget about it when new quality projects are coming out, and that's since 2021, I didn't know it's been that long self. A series needs 2 - 3 seasons to get people into talking and dissecting it, it needs back story to do that. We can't be dissecting a building world, it needs to establish itself. Arcane has the potential and I hope they don't destroy it. The music score alone was enough for me, °
***Jarchi***

A series doesn't need 2 to 3 seasons to get people into talking about and dissecting it. Even the pilot episode is enough to do that. We CAN be dissecting a building world. And Arcane established more than enough with the first season.

People have been discussing and dissecting it since it dropped in 2021 up till now. It has launched some people's YouTube careers. There's channels dedicated to discussing mainly or even only Arcane.

Can't believe you guys are actually even entertaining, talk more of falling for, ignorant and easily disproved fallacious statements
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 11:14pm On Sep 11
DeeScan:
it's easily forgettable but it's re- watchable ... I believe arcane anyone would re watch arcane again and it'd feel like they are watching for the first time...
Easily forgettable keh? Guess me and a lot of other people must have absolutely amazing memory capabilities then. Bro, how do you let anybody tell you one of the most impactful shows of this decade is forgettable?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:26pm On Sep 11
Kaycee7:
Easily forgettable keh? Guess me and a lot of other people must have absolutely amazing memory capabilities then. Bro, how do you let anybody tell you one of the most impactful shows of this decade is forgettable?

A show that has almost no online discourse is somehow one of the most impactful shows of the decade?

The only time I've heard about Arcane is maybe one or two people recommending it in comments...

I've not seen anyone discussing or dissecting the show for years...

Arcane has almost no presence in online discourse.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood aired how many years ago, yet you always see people talk about it till now. Even Code Geass has people constantly talk about characters, themes and plot....

No one talks about Arcane bro...

Except those die-hard Arcane fans who are very focused on Arcane content. The show is never discussed among the general audei

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2899) (2900) (2901) (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) ... (2932) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Auraking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.