Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,162 members, 7,950,003 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 05:58 AM

Jonathan: Leaner Cabinet Impossible For Now - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: Leaner Cabinet Impossible For Now (4328 Views)

Buhari’s Cabinet: 33 Ministerial Nominees Fail Corruption Test-tribune / It Is Mathematically Impossible For Buhari To Lose / It Is Impossible For Jonathan To Win Primaries. Pdp Delegates Explained. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan: Leaner Cabinet Impossible For Now by queensmith: 9:07am On May 21, 2011
^^ owshe! lol
Re: Jonathan: Leaner Cabinet Impossible For Now by Nobody: 9:44am On May 21, 2011
Most folks here would be the first to cry marginalization if there isn't a nominee from their states in the FEC, you guys should look at this issue well, for those shouting how long it took mark and co to amend a clause in the constitution concerning principal positions in the house should know that it was done to serve their interest, now GEJ sending a bill to reduce the number of positions in the FEC is a different ball game, would it serve their own purpose and the purpose of those they serve knowing fully well that a vote on that might make some of their own states loose out in ministerial appointments, people might see it in the context of running an efficient system but same people would cry out if their states doesn't make the list, and please people should take note GEJ never said it's not possible he said it's not possible for now, that's leaving room that it can be done, not forgetting this country on a federal character basis, the issue here is not a leaner or bloated FEC but an accountable one with leaner salary and remunerations, what i believe he should cut down on is the unnecessary SA's and SSA's,
Re: Jonathan: Leaner Cabinet Impossible For Now by Nobody: 9:55am On May 21, 2011
Furthermore, why did GEJ not wait to be "sworn in" before he disbanded the Presidential advice committee , while giving their advice short shrift , and coming out to state that a leaner cabinet is not possible for now? Is any Presidential directive from GEJ today less potent than one he will give after being sworn in? Abeg find something else to do. One would expect at least semi-intelligent argument from you after You come in here calling folks "morons" repeatedly, ungraciously and uncouthly .

@gbawe

The PAC was inaugurated by the president to guide his administration, and that has been done---- he has the right to disband them having served the purpose it was created for, and mind you it's an advisory committee so he has the right to adhere to there advice or not to.
Re: Jonathan: Leaner Cabinet Impossible For Now by juman(m): 5:10pm On May 21, 2011
The president should continue with the present ministers if they are good enough.
Re: Jonathan: Leaner Cabinet Impossible For Now by juman(m): 5:50pm On May 21, 2011
Mr Obasanjo gathered honest technocrats, yet he(Obasanjo ) didn't perform well. Why? Little political knowledge of the team.

How can this not happen again? President need to look across the country for solution.
Re: Jonathan: Leaner Cabinet Impossible For Now by ibedun: 9:31am On May 22, 2011
Gbawe,,

Could you please tell us the history of the ministers from each of the 36 states?

Do some reading and you will find out. Then come here an tell us your views and why it should be changed.

I am not anything you might decide to call me>
Re: Jonathan: Leaner Cabinet Impossible For Now by Gbawe: 10:09am On May 22, 2011
ibedun:

Gbawe,,

Could you please tell us the history of the ministers from each of the 36 states?

Do some reading and you will find out. Then come here an tell us your views and why it should be changed.

I am not anything you might decide to call me>

I think you may have wrongly assumed I am a historian with plenty of time on his hands . In case you don't get it , this argument is not about the core cabinet alone. It is about pruning down administrative excesses . Ours is a very poor Nation where Senators earn 4 times the $400,000 salary of Obama - the leader of the richest nation on earth  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. There is no excuse for arguing in favour of the continuation of such wickedly anti-people profligacy as if to say the tail wags the dog and not the other way round !!!!

A reformist Government , rather than mouth a straight NO, must mitigate for any stance , in a nation criticised worldwide for the high cost of running Governance, by showing that excesses surrounding core appointments , untouchable for now , will be pruned down as much as possible. GEJ , except he feels he is dealing with simpletons, has no business arrogantly declaring that a leaner cabinet is not possible for now when he could not present this same argument when it mattered most i.e when he came under severe attack for Nigeria's unacceptably high cost of running a bloated federal Government.

It may be conjecture but I posit that the stance of GEJ is more to do with promises extracted from him by his numerous AGIP (any government in power) backers that he will not tinker with the current arrangement impeding the progress of Nigeria. GEJ is no determined reformist . He does not have the political will to move Nigeria forward . This , just as was the case with Yar Adua , will become more painfully obvious with time. GEJ ,as a PDP President, and as many of us argued , has no choice but to pander to the powerfully supported PDP status quo that now directs his utterances.

I think we are all aware of the ruling Party's dedication to bloated arrangements that ensures a minority of jobless opportunist continue to feed fat while the majority of Nigerians remain in abject poverty. Ribadu has already gone on to work and earn an honest living in Afghanistan yet GEJ is here holding brief for retaining many jobless folks who see politics simply as a get-rich-quick business plan. This is a very bad omen from GEJ and politically sophisticated Nigerians can tell why. You do not ever admit , as a leader of one of the poorest nation on Earth, to being powerless to effect change concerning the very things that is keeping your citizens in unacceptable poverty . Better for GEJ to have continued saying nothing as he did before.
Re: Jonathan: Leaner Cabinet Impossible For Now by juman(m): 3:06pm On May 22, 2011
Today, Nigeria is a hopeful country.

Any bad government will just be kicked out.
Re: Jonathan: Leaner Cabinet Impossible For Now by ziccoit: 3:45pm On May 22, 2011
GEJ's government is the government of PDP by the PDP and for the PDP.

Unfortunately people ignorantly enthroned this disaster.
Re: Jonathan: Leaner Cabinet Impossible For Now by Kobojunkie: 1:42pm On May 23, 2011
I see the man was not being honest when he said a constitutional change was needed.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/new-cabinet-jonathan-snubs-pdps-lists/
Re: Jonathan: Leaner Cabinet Impossible For Now by queensmith: 5:31am On May 24, 2011
juman:

Today, Nigeria is a hopeful country.

Any bad government will just be kicked out.

co sign, give him 1 year. . . . .non performance. Riot his ass out of office!!

why would he get a leaner cabinet when they are busy partying and buying 1million naira curtains??
Re: Jonathan: Leaner Cabinet Impossible For Now by texazzpete(m): 10:22am On May 24, 2011
queensmith:

co sign, give him 1 year. . . . .non performance. Riot his backside out of office!!

why would he get a leaner cabinet when they are busy partying and buying 1million naira curtains??

This is hilarious on so many fronts!
Nigerians could not vote out PDP and yet you want them to riot?
Re: Jonathan: Leaner Cabinet Impossible For Now by AjanleKoko: 5:18pm On Jan 23, 2012
texazzpete:

This is hilarious on so many fronts!
Nigerians could not vote out PDP and yet you want them to riot?

How true this has turned out to be undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Phcn Explains Nationwide Power Outage / Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados / US Report: Nigerian Military Tipped Off Boko Haram About Chibok Girls Rescue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.