Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,680 members, 7,882,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 09:25 PM

Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married (1007 Views)

"God Would Do It Is A Slogan Of The Indolent" - Bishop Oyedepo / If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? / 3 Things God Would Tell Someone Who Watches 'game Of Thrones' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:17am On Aug 22, 2021
Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married

It's because of the limitations that usually come with marriage, especially for women, making it hard for God to be able to use them to the fullness of His ability.

That's why the women that God had used to do much more and greater things have often been unmarried, women like Kathryn Kulman and Gladys Aylward.

Some who are married or engaged would have to get divorced and break off their engagements, for them to be able to fully realize their God-given potentials. For instance, Mary Slessor.

Except they are fortunate to have a "one of a kind" husband, like the biblical Joseph, the husband of Mary. A man who is not egoistic but rather humble. A man who wouldn't mind playing second fiddle to his wife or taking a back seat, so the plan and Will of God concerning her could take preeminence and be actualized.

However such men are very hard to come by. It's easier to pass through the eye of the needle than to have such a husband these days, when even majority of so-called Christian men were looking for slaves more or less to marry not wives. Women who they are determined to exercise authority and lordship over, who would submit themselves to them but not to the Will of God.

They would see a man as Joseph as a weakling and simp, because they believe that being a man is by domineering and ruling over others as one's wife, but unknown to them, that is the true measure of a man, for it's not by exercising authority or dominion over others as Jesus taught His disciples who had same orientation at some point, but by humbling and yielding one's self and his marriage completely to the authority of God, and letting Him have His way as Joseph did, even if it meant for him to assume a lesser role in the marriage.

Matthew 20:25-28 (KJV)

But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

That's why I have the highest regard for a man like Joseph despite that not much was spoken about him in the Bible. The little said spoke volumes and sufficed for me, it even compelled me to create a special thread for him out of respect with my former moniker, where i depicted him as the true measure of a man, because he was a perfect illustration of everything Christ said in that instance.

https://www.nairaland.com/5514718/joseph-husband-mary-measure-man#83806010

How many Christian men would humble and let God have His way in their marriage as Joseph did? His wife Mary, was obviously the lead actor in God's plan for their marriage, because she was the one who was going to birth the Son of God and the savior of the world. So he would have to shelve his own plans and make it a priority to help Mary accomplish God's purpose for her life. Hence his role in the marriage was more like that of a supporting one.

It's obvious that he was chosen for that role because he had the Christlike quality, where despite being the Bridegroom would serve and wouldn't mind washing the feet of His bride. John 13:4-17

But there aren't many men like that who would be humble enough to be the kind of husband that such chosen women of God, need for them to be able to fully function and accomplish God's purpose for their lives.

Hence God would rather have such women stay single, than get married.

God bless.

Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:18am On Aug 22, 2021
So do not be surprised when you see that most of the women at the forefront leading the end time move of God were not married but single.

For so it seemed good in God sight.

God bless.
Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:20am On Aug 22, 2021
Boni44:
Call baba and be free
Dare call Him and be in real bondage.
Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by CodeTemplar: 7:28am On Aug 22, 2021
The Antichrist doctrine sellers are here again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by obaaderemi: 7:33am On Aug 22, 2021
I know of two men who play second fiddle to their wives. One, a former Leicester university head of department left England to come and help his wife run her school in Ibadan. The second man helps his wife run her restaurant. Both men are seriously disrespected by their wives and children.

Both women are the masters at home.
Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by blacknoir: 7:34am On Aug 22, 2021
Marriage isn't meant for everyone I.e men and women. If you can stay single y not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm0fvsGkjlc&t=11s
Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:42am On Aug 22, 2021
CodeTemplar:
The Antichrist doctrine sellers are here again.
Is it Antichrist to serve and wash your wife's feet as Christ did His bride?

If you think so, then you must have an Antichrist orientation.

1 Like

Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by CodeTemplar: 7:43am On Aug 22, 2021
tongue
jesusjnr2020:
Is it Antichrist to serve and wash your wife's feet as Christ did
His bride?

If you think so, then you must have an Antichrist orientation.
Keep shut Jay Jay Otumokpor.

1 Like

Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:45am On Aug 22, 2021
CodeTemplar:
:PKeep shut Jay Jay Otumokpor.
The Truth (Jesus and His Words) has shut you up.

I asked you a simple question using Christ's example, you couldn't answer.

1 Like

Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by AntiChristian: 9:01am On Aug 22, 2021
Why didn't God stop Eve from marrying Adam then?

There are many fallacies in your post!

How many Prophets were women?

Why didn't your Jesus come as a woman.

Paul said:
A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man
From 1 Cor. 11:7

I dey come.
Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by Image123(m): 9:07am On Aug 22, 2021
CodeTemplar:
:PKeep shut Jay Jay Otumokpor.

cheesy cheesy This name na which tribe fa. Anyway OP, Kathryn was married. i don't know much about the other characters, but i hardly think their marital status had much influence on their efficiency for God. Ask Deborah and Esther and Mary. i don't know any woman that has done better than these due to marital status.
Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by SamgoldBaba: 9:10am On Aug 22, 2021
smiley
Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:17am On Aug 22, 2021
Image123:

cheesy cheesy This name na which tribe fa. Anyway OP, Kathryn was married. i don't know much about the other characters, but i hardly think their marital status had much influence on their efficiency for God. Ask Deborah and Esther and Mary. i don't know any woman that has done better than these due to marital status.
Lol! What's the name of Kathryn's husband if I may ask, or were you the one?

I see you didn't read the Op, so let me do you a favor and bring the Op here to you so you could learn and not speak so ignorantly:
jesusjnr2020:
[b]

Except they are fortunate to have a "one of a kind" husband, like the biblical Joseph, the husband of Mary. A man who is not egoistic but rather humble. A man who wouldn't mind playing second fiddle to his wife or taking a back seat, so the plan and Will of God concerning her could take preeminence and be actualized.

However such men are very hard to come by. It's easier to pass through the eye of the needle than to have such a husband these days, when even majority of so-called Christian men were looking for slaves more or less to marry not wives. Women who they are determined to exercise authority and lordship over, who would submit themselves to them but not to the Will of God.

They would see a man as Joseph as a weakling and simp, because they believe that being a man is by domineering and ruling over others as one's wife, but unknown to them, that is the true measure of a man, for it's not by exercising authority or dominion over others as Jesus taught His disciples who had same orientation at some point, but by humbling and yielding one's self and his marriage completely to the authority of God, and letting Him have His way as Joseph did, even if it meant for him to assume a lesser role in the marriage.

Matthew 20:25-28 (KJV)

But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

That's why I have the highest regard for a man like Joseph despite that not much was spoken about him in the Bible. The little said spoke volumes and sufficed for me, it even compelled me to create a special thread for him out of respect with my former moniker, where i depicted him as the true measure of a man, because he was a perfect illustration of everything Christ said in that instance.

https://www.nairaland.com/5514718/joseph-husband-mary-measure-man#83806010

How many Christian men would humble and let God have His way in their marriage as Joseph did? His wife Mary, was obviously the lead actor in God's plan for their marriage, because she was the one who was going to birth the Son of God and the savior of the world. So he would have to shelve his own plans and make it a priority to help Mary accomplish God's purpose for her life. Hence his role in the marriage was more like that of a supporting one.

It's obvious that he was chosen for that role because he had the Christlike quality, where despite being the Bridegroom would serve and wouldn't mind washing the feet of His bride. John 13:4-17

But there aren't many men like that who would be humble enough to be the kind of husband that such chosen women of God, need for them to be able to fully function and accomplish God's purpose for their lives.

Hence God would rather have such women stay single, than get married.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by Image123(m): 9:23am On Aug 22, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Lol! What's the name of Kathryn's husband if I may ask, or were you the one?

I see you didn't read the Op, so let me do you a favor and bring the Op here to you so you could learn and not speak so ignorantly:

As custom is, you're not willing to learn even basic truths, you can easily confirm from Google. Like Paul will say, you don't know nothing.
Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:32am On Aug 22, 2021
Image123:

As custom is, you're not willing to learn even basic truths, you can easily confirm from Google. Like Paul will say, you don't know nothing.
Do you know what it means to be married for someone who believes he knows and want to teach someone else?

Even if she got married but ended up as a divorce, and that tallies with the point I made in the Op that such is inevitable if they don't have the kind of husband that would be humble enough to let them function as God would have them do.

I told you to learn from Joseph's example of the kind of husband that such women need, otherwise you can never marry such chosen women, or your marriage would end up in divorce as that of Kathryn Kulman's.
Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by Uyi168: 9:32am On Aug 22, 2021
AntiChristian:
Why didn't God stop Eve from marrying Adam then?

There are many fallacies in your post!

How many Prophets were women?

Why didn't your Jesus come as a woman.

Paul said:
A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man
From 1 Cor. 11:7

I dey come.
The way you jump on every Christain threads with your silly watery comments, hope you are OK?

3 Likes

Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by Image123(m): 9:34am On Aug 22, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Do you know what it means to be married for someone who believes he knows?

Even if she got married but ended up as a divorce, and that tallies with the point I made in the Op that such is inevitable if they don't have the kind of husband that would be humble enough to let them function as God would have them do.

I told you to learn from Joseph's example of the kind of husband that such women need, otherwise you can never marry such chosen women, or your marriage would end up in divorce as that of Kathryn Kulman's.

At least now, you have managed to learn something at last. You are making slight progress.

1 Like

Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:44am On Aug 22, 2021
Image123:

At least now, you have managed to learn something at last. You are making slight progress.
You need to learn what's important, like the Truth, not the inconsequentials like what you know which is ignorance in Truth.

Learn from Christlike husbands like Joseph otherwise God would never give a wife like those women you mentioned who got married.

They cannot get married to an egoist.

1 Like

Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by AntiChristian: 9:45am On Aug 22, 2021
Uyi168:
The way you jump on every Christain threads with your silly watery comments, hope you are OK?

Yes I am. Are you okay?
Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by Uyi168: 9:48am On Aug 22, 2021
AntiChristian:

Yes I am. Are you okay?
I'm good.
Try dey calm down.
Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by AntiChristian: 9:49am On Aug 22, 2021
Uyi168:
I'm good.
Try dey calm down.

I'm calming down o
Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by Uyi168: 9:52am On Aug 22, 2021
AntiChristian:

I'm calming down o
Ok na. Happy Sunday.
Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by Image123(m): 9:54am On Aug 22, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You need to learn what's important, like the Truth, not the inconsequentials like what you know which is ignorance in Truth.

Learn from Christlike husbands like Joseph otherwise God would never give a wife like those women you mentioned who got married.

They cannot get married to an egoist.

Are you married? Are you planning to get married?
Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:57am On Aug 22, 2021
Image123:

Are you married? Are you planning to get married?
You would ask Jesus and Paul the same question, right?
Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by jmoore(m): 9:58am On Aug 22, 2021
Joseph was in charge. Mary was only used as a vessel for 9 months. After Jesus was born, Joseph started his role as a husband and him and Mary obviously had sex which gave them other children.

Joseph cross wasn't 'till I die cross'. Once Jesus was born, Mary had fulfilled her role.
Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by Image123(m): 10:03am On Aug 22, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You would ask Jesus and Paul the same question, right?

Are you married? Are you planning to get married? Be a man and stop fidgeting.
Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:09am On Aug 22, 2021
Image123:

Are you married? Are you planning to get married? Be a man and stop fidgeting.
Are you saying Jesus and Paul were not men?

You don't have any idea what it really means to be a man.

Learn from those who do, stop being arrogant.

1 Like

Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by Image123(m): 10:19am On Aug 22, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Are you saying Jesus and Paul were not men?

You don't have any idea what it really means to be a man.

Learn from those who do, stop being arrogant.

Are you married? Are you planning to get married? Be a man and stop fidgeting. You should be man enough to speak up for yourself or have you resumed back to school? If Jesus and Paul came on nairaland.com saying what you say, they would be asked.
Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:38am On Aug 22, 2021
Image123:

Are you married? Are you planning to get married? Be a man and stop fidgeting. You should be man enough to speak up for yourself or have you resumed back to school? If Jesus and Paul came on nairaland.com saying what you say, they would be asked.
You should know the question is of no bearing to this discussion, that's why I brought them up, but unfortunately you were too blind to see it.

Such is the kind of question the Pharisees used to bring up to Jesus in those days because of similar things He said, but you know what Jesus did to them. He wouldn't dignity them with a response, and so do I.

You obviously need to humble yourself and learn from the little children on how to be a man in the God sense of the word.

Otherwise you'd never know but keep wallowing in ignorance because God can only reveal such things to the "babes".

2 Likes

Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by Image123(m): 7:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You should know the question is of no bearing to this discussion, that's why I brought them up, but unfortunately you were too blind to see it.

Such is the kind of question the Pharisees used to bring up to Jesus in those days because of similar things He said, but you know what Jesus did to them. He wouldn't dignity them with a response, and so do I.

You obviously need to humble yourself and learn from the little children on how to be a man in the God sense of the word.

Otherwise you'd never know but keep wallowing in ignorance because God can only reveal such things to the "babes".

It has ALL bearing because it exposes your hypocrisy. You cannot be married or planning to marry while teaching others not to marry. So again i ask, are you married? Are you planning to marry?
Mention the question(S) that the Pharisees asked Jesu and how it is similar to these? While at it, Jesus answered the questions of the different people several times. Stop lying on Jesus, everyone has access to Bible. This is not the days of your fathers when they kept the Bible away from all to read whatever pleased them and do your type of dumb eisegesis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2021
Image123:

It has ALL bearing because it exposes your hypocrisy. You cannot be married or planning to marry while teaching others not to marry. So again i ask, are you married? Are you planning to marry?
Mention the question(S) that the Pharisees asked Jesu and how it is similar to these? While at it, Jesus answered the questions of the different people several times. Stop lying on Jesus, everyone has access to Bible. This is not the days of your fathers when they kept the Bible away from all to read whatever pleased them and do your type of dumb eisegesis.
The only thing that has been exposed here is your ignorance. You hinged someone's hypocrisy on mere assumptions, because I haven't answered yet but you're already drawing conclusions as typical.

Lying on Jesus? You must the only bible reader on Earth that doesn't know that Jesus didn't answer the ulterior motivated questions of the Pharisees even though He had answers to them. They asked Him questions about Himself because of the things He did, just as you're doing to me, but because of their wrong intentions, Jesus didn't answer them.

Matthew 21:27 (KJV)

And they answered Jesus, and said, We cannot tell. And he said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.

So now you know.

Jesus answered questions based on the intentions of those asking, so I learnt from the best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao / For Only Deep Minds: Why Did God Create Satan ? / Young Ministers Of The Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.