Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,326 members, 7,974,412 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 12:21 AM

Plans To Islamise Nigeria Is Real – Commodore Kunle Olawumi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plans To Islamise Nigeria Is Real – Commodore Kunle Olawumi (4704 Views)

Edwin Clark: Tinubu/shettima Ticket Could Be Pointers To Islamise Nigeria / Retired Commodore Kunle Olawunmi Appears At DIA / Lieutenant-Commodore Wulah & Okoronkwo Killed By Bandits In Attack On NDA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plans To Islamise Nigeria Is Real – Commodore Kunle Olawumi by GEEBITE: 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2021
So going by your own analogy too,were the southern part of Nigeria indigenous people originally Christians too. Never say never and nothing is impossible are two mantras that have been time tested
LegalWolf:

Quite surprising you’re referring me to the history of Ottomans! I’ve studied these people’s history since jss 2. But that’s a story for another day.

The point is : it is IMPOSIBBLE to forcibly islamize Nigeria. Comparing that to what played out in Turkey is baseless. There’s no “Byzantine” to conquer by the North. The time has changed. This is not 452AD for crying out loud!!!!!

Then again, you’re quick to point out the conquest and conversion of Assyria and Near East. If we are to apply your logic, where those places indigenous to Christianity? Didn’t the Romans conquer the indigenous people there too and forcibly convert them to Christianity after constantin?
Re: Plans To Islamise Nigeria Is Real – Commodore Kunle Olawumi by LegalWolf: 10:42pm On Aug 25, 2021
[s]
Benbellamor:
You sound like a broken record....who cares what he does to you? Because you will still vote him 10 times... And because your faith doesn't permit protest or complaints....exposing his plans is what matters most to us....so that mistakes like buhari never repeat itself to the southern parts...but to the North you can have his likes in a million yearscwho cares?
[/s]

Apparently, you talk more than you think. Who cares what he does to us? Like really? But you care of what he does to others not us? Coz in your book, we are not humans right? You see you lots are despicable and just don’t have the opportunity. If you do, y’all will be worse than isis!

I am not stup1d like some of your ilks who see things purely from ethnic and religious lenses. I am not an idi0t who doesn’t know that both the North and South grapple with similar problems. I am not f00lish to think during Jonathan’s or OBJ’s tenure to say that it is Southerners that are the problem of this country.

Go live in your world of buffoonery. May the Almighty help u, that’s if he cares

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plans To Islamise Nigeria Is Real – Commodore Kunle Olawumi by tony0806: 11:15pm On Aug 25, 2021
misterme:
It is happening now. I think every Nigerian christian should get that message by Emmanuel Bosun and listen to it. In it he proffered solutions that will counter the Islamization agenda

Drop the link here

1 Like

Re: Plans To Islamise Nigeria Is Real – Commodore Kunle Olawumi by joyandfaith: 11:21pm On Aug 25, 2021
LegalWolf:

Loooool. You’re telling me to read the history of Turkey and Iran? Really? Was Persia ever a Christian country? Were the Turks ever Christians? Did you even know what played out between the Byzantines and Turks? Loooool. Go read history and stop embarrassing yourself
Ridicule is the first and last argument of a fool.-
Charles Simmon
Nothing like Christian counties. Christian was major religion in those empires. Arab conquests forced most people to convert to islam. The remaining Christians in 20th century were persecuted and fled the country. Genocide against Armenian Christians in Turkey during ww2. Persecution of Iranian Christians after islamic revolution of 1979.
Re: Plans To Islamise Nigeria Is Real – Commodore Kunle Olawumi by Emm22(m): 11:27pm On Aug 25, 2021
kestolove95:
Plans to kill Muslims is real
You are a disgrace to humanity..
Re: Plans To Islamise Nigeria Is Real – Commodore Kunle Olawumi by Pauldollars(m): 1:08am On Aug 26, 2021
cool

Re: Plans To Islamise Nigeria Is Real – Commodore Kunle Olawumi by LegalWolf: 10:14am On Aug 29, 2021
joyandfaith:

Ridicule is the first and last argument of a fool.-
Charles Simmon
Nothing like Christian counties. Christian was major religion in those empires. Arab conquests forced most people to convert to islam. The remaining Christians in 20th century were persecuted and fled the country. Genocide against Armenian Christians in Turkey during ww2. Persecution of Iranian Christians after islamic revolution of 1979.

The Charles Simmon quote applies to you much more than me. The question you have to answer is a very simple one: was there an official policy to force people to convert to Islam following the Arab conquest? The answer to this is critical to our discourse.

See, let me tell you something. Muslims throughout the ages have been more tolerant and lenient than their barbaric and evil Christian neighbors. This statement is not borne out of sentiment but mere fact.

Granted, Muslims conquered Egypt and Syria, two bastions of the Christian world at that time. However, they were not forced to convert to Islam. Up till the beginning of 2011 (Syrian civil war), Christians still make up to 10% of Syria population after almost a thousand years of Muslim rule. Similar figures apply to Lebanon and Egypt.

During Muslim rule of these places, Christians served in high places of government and held land. All they were required to do is pay jizya. Nothing more nothing less. They were never oppressed like the Christians did to the Jews and Muslims in Iberia neither were there killed for the fun of it as it was done in Italy.

Can the same be said in places where Christians have conquered? Have you heard of the Northern crusades? Did you know the evil committed by your “peaceful” priests in Latin America. The conquest of the Americas wiped out more than 70% of the indigenous population. Through terror, disease and fanatical disposition exhibited by your Christian lots, you destroyed the red indian people. They are still grappling with the effect till today!

Lastly you made reference to scattered instances. Were the Armenians the only Christian in the Ottoman Empire at their time? Was the “genocide” motivated primarily by religion or other factors such as secession and the internationalization of the “Armenian Question”? See, I will be honest to concede that there were forced Islamization by the Ottomans BUT that was not the major reason for genocide. It was motivated by other factors apart from religion!

On prosecution of Iranian Christians after 1979, I actually laugh in Greek. You implicitly concede that Christians were not having issues up till 1979. That means for over 1200 years of living in Iran, they never had issues. They only picked up issues when the Islamic revolution happened. Even at that, were the Christians the only prosecuted group? Do you know the plight of Sunni Muslims in Iran?

Your points are as laughable as anything and apparently subject to ridicule in intellectual circles. Your lots and people like Gerrard59 actually need a whole lot of soul searching and reading up your history books well. Your fellow Christians have been terrorists and evil for most part of their existence and you need to own up those facts with your chest. A king in Belgium murdered close to a million of your brothers in Congo but because he is a Christian (or is he a Muslim?), you don’t see an issue there. No be juju be that?
Re: Plans To Islamise Nigeria Is Real – Commodore Kunle Olawumi by joyandfaith: 10:21am On Aug 29, 2021
LegalWolf:

The Charles Simmon quote applies to you much more than me. The question you have to answer is a very simple one: was there an official policy to force people to convert to Islam following the Arab conquest? The answer to this is critical to our discourse.

See, let me tell you something. Muslims throughout the ages have been more tolerant and lenient than their barbaric and evil Christian neighbors. This statement is not borne out of sentiment but mere fact.

Granted, Muslims conquered Egypt and Syria, two bastions of the Christian world at that time. However, they were not forced to convert to Islam. Up till the beginning of 2011 (Syrian civil war), Christians still make up to 10% of Syria population after almost a thousand years of Muslim rule. Similar figures apply to Lebanon and Egypt.

During Muslim rule of these places, Christians served in high places of government and held land. All they were required to do is pay jizya. Nothing more nothing less. They were never oppressed like the Christians did to the Jews and Muslims in Iberia neither were there killed for the fun of it as it was done in Italy.

Can the same be said in places where Christians have conquered? Have you heard of the Northern crusades? Did you know the evil committed by your “peaceful” priests in Latin America. The conquest of the Americas wiped out more than 70% of the indigenous population. Through terror, disease and fanatical disposition exhibited by your Christian lots, you destroyed the red indian people. They are still grappling with the effect till today!

Lastly you made reference to scattered instances. Were the Armenians the only Christian in the Ottoman Empire at their time? Was the “genocide” motivated primarily by religion or other factors such as secession and the internationalization of the “Armenian Question”? See, I will be honest to concede that there were forced Islamization by the Ottomans BUT that was not the major reason for genocide. It was motivated by other factors apart from religion!

On prosecution of Iranian Christians after 1979, I actually laugh in Greek. You implicitly concede that Christians were not having issues up till 1979. That means for over 1200 years of living in Iran, they never had issues. They only picked up issues when the Islamic revolution happened. Even at that, were the Christians the only prosecuted group? Do you know the plight of Sunni Muslims in Iran?

Your points are as laughable as anything and apparently subject to ridicule in intellectual circles. Your lots and people like Gerrard59 actually need a whole lot of soul searching and reading up your history books well. Your fellow Christians have been terrorists and evil for most part of their existence and you need to own up those facts with your chest. A king in Belgium murdered close to a million of your brothers in Congo but because he is a Christian (or is he a Muslim?), you don’t see an issue there. No be juju be that?
ok
Re: Plans To Islamise Nigeria Is Real – Commodore Kunle Olawumi by Gerrard59(m): 12:39pm On Aug 29, 2021
LegalWolf:
Loool. This news is for slowpokes apparently. They’ll jubilate without thinking about it. How is it possible to islamize Nigeria? Like how possible? You can’t even forcible islamize anyone without massive uproar. But in any event, the OP knows his audience.

And on whether Buhari is a failure. It’s crazy how people still think that man is a failure. He is a calamity with a mixture of disaster. He has done more harm to us Fulani than any human in history.

Taqiya-ing as usual, I'm not surprised. I just pity those who believe in whatever rant you spew.

Simple question: do you want Sharia across Nigeria? Yes or no.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Tells Close Associates He Doesn’t See Himself Handing Over To Tinubu / US Court: Tinubu Has 7 Days To Tell Us Why We Shouldn't Release His Real Result / Why Is Vice President Yemi Osibanjo Very Short?-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.