Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,996 members, 7,890,258 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:48 AM

Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan (2532 Views)

If You Know Any Filling Station Selling Above Pump Price(n87) Call These Numbers / Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement / New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by egift(m): 10:45am On May 22, 2011
Buhari Planned to:
Improve the capacity of the functional refinaries and simultaniously repair the domant ones, so that within a year in power, Nigeria can refine enough to satisfy local needs.

Price, scarcity and subsidy will be taken care for.

Jonathan plan:
Order all the relevant agencies to slash the price of any items under their influence.
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 11:10am On May 22, 2011
The truth is that there is no solution in sight to power supply and petroleum products scarcity because they are correlated.We will continue to experience this as long as PDP remains in power.Importation of diesel is the biggest business in Nigeria at the moment.The major underground players remain Obj,IBB,Anenih,Danjuma and Oga Joe himself.Nuff said.
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Johndoe100(m): 11:14am On May 22, 2011
Abagworo:

The truth is that there is no solution in sight to power supply and petroleum products scarcity because they are correlated.We will continue to experience this as long as PDP remains in power.Importation of diesel is the biggest business in Nigeria at the moment.The major underground players remain Obj,IBB,Anenih,Danjuma and Oga Joe himself.Nuff said.

Yaaaaawn!!!!!

I thought you put your poison to the electorate and they told you to get lost? Don't you understand, we the people don't want you or the garbage you peddle.

Boy some vampires are thick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by karlmax2: 11:29am On May 22, 2011
He had the opportunity to do dis when he was working for his BOY(abacha) as PTF chairman!!! What happened or did we not have scarcity then?

Buhari Planned to:
Improve the capacity of the functional refinaries and simultaniously repair the domant ones, so that within a year in power, Nigeria can refine enough to satisfy local needs.

Price, scarcity and subsidy will be taken care for.
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by hercules07: 11:38am On May 22, 2011
@karl

Buhari built two of your refineries, his mandate at PTF was to build infrastructure like roads and so on and he delivered, I suggest you pray for your GEJ to succeed as so far it seems he has not clue.
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by egift(m): 11:40am On May 22, 2011
^^
You mean including the cooked figures?

BTW Cemment, Kerosine - DONE
Madam Nkechi's plate of Garri - Next
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by hollandis(f): 11:45am On May 22, 2011
How would any sane person still support Buhari.What sort of country is this?
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by pingme: 11:58am On May 22, 2011
^^
How would any sane person vote pdp. What sort of country is this?
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 22, 2011
^^How would any sane person still defend this clueless president,and to think that his first term has yet to begin.
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Beaf: 1:01pm On May 22, 2011
The crazed campaign for the red-eyed stone throwing sharia addled psycho, Buhari. His sore losing, belly aching followers and dark angels just won't leave us be.

The legalising the killing of youth corpers, Middle Belters and Southerners by core-Northerners is the only policy the sick Buhari would have brought in.
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by karlmax2: 1:06pm On May 22, 2011
Ehercules07:
@karl

Buhari built two of your refineries, his mandate at PTF was to build infrastructure like roads and so on and he delivered, I suggest you pray for your GEJ to succeed as so far it seems he has not clue.

Hahaha buy runing pipe from the Niger delta to kadunna wasting huge resourses! to promote the northern agenda why would a sane person build refinary in KD that does not have oil the cost of kaduna refinary would been used to build 3 refinaries in the niger delta .
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by 9jarukus: 8:18pm On May 22, 2011
s
karl max:

Ehercules07:
@karl

Hahaha buy runing pipe from the Niger delta to kadunna wasting huge resourses! to promote the northern agenda why would a sane person build refinary in KD that does not have oil the cost of kaduna refinary would been used to build 3 refinaries in the niger delta .
so your's is this any country without crude oil should not build any refinery i hope the south koreans, japanese follow ur advice all i hv to say is this nigeria i wish u people goodluck u deserve your leaders
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 8:50pm On May 22, 2011
Throughout the history of Nigeria there has never been a period of persistent scarcity of kerosine for close to a year.Never!!

Prior to OBJ, we never depended entirely on importation of petroleum products.Isn't it ironic that at the moment,we are spending most of our foreign exchange in importation of petroleum products?

Beaf and his fellow murderers should rather advice their party to focus on delivering our country from this quagmire rather than killing innocent corpers and burning churches to frame up the opposition.
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Odunnu: 9:14pm On May 22, 2011
Relax y'all, in a lil while from now, Nigeria will yet rise and tower great to take back its position as the true giant of Africa.
I believe in Nigeria and strongly believe in GEJ.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by egift(m): 9:20pm On May 22, 2011
Once Jonathan displays how clueless he is and will gather executives of NURTW and order them to crash transport fare.

Anyone supporting this guy must have a very low value metric in life.
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by egift(m): 9:35pm On May 22, 2011
See optimism! Most of you Jonathan's supporters are sentimental and hypocrites. How?

You would have said if Buhari have went about commanding every agency around.

Presido work and stop newspaper propagandas!
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Eziachi: 10:09pm On May 22, 2011
pingme:

^^
How would any sane person vote pdp. What sort of country is this?
That is very unfair to the unknown guy called PDP. Remember that they did not vote party but individual. That was the cooked up slogan during the campaign and election and it working wonders as parties are now buried.

AN OSCAR is in the post for the genius that thought out that slogan.
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Nobody: 1:30am On May 23, 2011
GEJ knows the prices are not a result of the economy rather it is controlled by corporate greed, N10/L is not a dream, it is possible. things aren't going well for people in this country at all because of gas prices. Everything is sky high expensive, Nigerians pay more for some services than Americans do, it's just plain greed. And this corporations try to shove elitism down the people's throats so the more you pay, the higher you go, That is plain bullshitt, This isn't the Nigerian dream. They tell you "if you can't afford it, go away". I went to a mall in Abuja during the holiday and the Radii straight jacket denim and red sneakers I bought for $250 in Manhattan is N120k, I mean common, how much does it take to get a pair of shoe here? really? Why would I want to buy a house for $500k in Nigeria with no power supply, bad roads, bad security etc, I just don't get it how people have accepted elitism as a norm. We don't need foreign investors to patronize us, we need to develop our own technologies etc, if not, Nigeria will become a nation where people get rich but can't afford Nigeria,

Price crash by destroying monopoly is our only options,
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 1:48am On May 23, 2011
9jaganja:

GEJ knows the prices are not a result of the economy rather it is controlled by corporate greed, N10/L is not a dream, it is possible. things aren't going well for people in this country at all because of gas prices. Everything is sky high expensive, Nigerians pay more for some services than Americans do, it's just plain greed. And this corporations try to shove elitism down the people's throats so the more you pay, the higher you go, That is plain bullshitt, This isn't the Nigerian dream. They tell you "if you can't afford it, go away". I went to a mall in Abuja during the holiday and the Radii straight jacket denim and red sneakers I bought for $250 in Manhattan is N120k, I mean common, how much does it take to get a pair of shoe here? really? Why would I want to buy a house for $500k in Nigeria with no power supply, bad roads, bad security etc, I just don't get it how people have accepted elitism as a norm. We don't need foreign investors to patronize us, we need to develop our own technologies etc, if not, Nigeria will become a nation where people get rich but can't afford Nigeria,

Price crash by destroying monopoly is our only options,

You just wrote like you believe what the FG wants you to.
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by honeric01(m): 2:00am On May 23, 2011
Whoever said kerosene has gone down should shut the hell up, i sent my younger bro to buy 10liters of kerosene and a liter goes for N145. yes 145 naira!!!

few months ago it was N80

about a year ago it was N55

Can anyone guess what is going to be about 6 months time? N200

We can all go to church and start praying so that the prices can come down miraculously since we have a president who fixes problems through prayers.
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Gboliwe: 2:33am On May 23, 2011
What country still has its prices of commodities constant from few years ago?
How much did a litre of fuel sell few years ago?Between N120- N150, how much did it sell few months ago? N65, how much is it now? N64! Cant we atleast take life a step at a time?
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 3:02am On May 23, 2011
Gboliwe:

What country still has its prices of commodities constant from few years ago?

Are you trying to justify the failure of our rulers?
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Seun(m): 7:10am On May 23, 2011
When is this Buhari madness going to end. Why not root for good, proven democrats like Fashola?
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Nobody: 9:03am On May 23, 2011
Seun:

When is this Buhari madness going to end. Why not root for good, proven democrats like Fashola?

SHARRRRAP THERE! Edio-t! Now u want to jump from worshiping GEJ to switching to fashola! I guess u hav spend all the 30 shekel u sold your conscience knowing fully well that GEJ has nothing to offer this country!

There are some of us that truly believe in advancing this country and stood by our believe no matter how tough it is. Not foo-ls like you that doesn't have conscience all that matters to you is were u get your next pot of red porridge!

I guess u can barn me now. After all u r the Lord and King of NL! Anu ofia!
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by egift(m): 9:14am On May 23, 2011
@Seun:
The 2011 Presidential election was between Buhari and Jonathan, it had nothing to do with Fashola. Clearly Buhari was the best, but PDP killed, rigged, bombed and set places on fire just to weaken the support of Buhari.

Don't be surprise in 2015 - if it boils down to PDP vs Fashola, they will fund, sponsor, rig, bomb, kiddnap, steal and frame things up to weaken Fashola. Its all about PDP, those are sucking the JonnySambo feeding bottle and those have their hands in Nigeria cookie pot.
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by blacksta(m): 9:48am On May 23, 2011
It is so true - if na buhari order price crash by force - The man would have been called all manners of name but it is ok for GEJ do the same.

Please check you conscience.
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Gboliwe: 10:23am On May 23, 2011
Abagworo:

Are you trying to justify the failure of our rulers?
no. I'm trying to ask him to shut up in a polite way.
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Seun(m): 6:25pm On May 23, 2011
@greateros Why should I ban you? We don't do things like that anymore. Dictatorship is no longer in vogue. smiley

blacksta:

It is so true - if na buhari order price crash by force - The man would have been called all manners of name but it is ok for GEJ do the same.

Please check you conscience.
I think GEJ is just trying to prove that he's not as weak as they said. That he can be bossy too, if necessary.
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by egift(m): 6:17am On May 27, 2011
Seun:

@greateros Why should I ban you? We don't do things like that anymore. Dictatorship is no longer in vogue. smiley
I think GEJ is just trying to prove that he's not as weak as they said. That he can be bossy too, if necessary.

@Bold:
Who is he trying to impress? BTW when is he going to asked Ma Nkechi to crash the price of her plate of food? grin grin grin
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Demdem(m): 8:36am On May 27, 2011
Imagine i discussing with some1 yesterday about the state of affairs in this country and him telling me that i should be patient that GEJ hasnt started his tenure. I went mad with this fellow. I made him to understand that this chap has been there for more than a year now and i honestly cant pinpoint any thing of significance.
Honestly, i am not surprised. We warned Nigerians however Nigerians thought otherwise. we all should brace up for more failures from this govt. This is not the first time.
The fisherman failed at the state level (when he was a governor) so why do we all think this fisherman will suceed at the national level?
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Gboliwe: 2:00am On Jun 01, 2011
Why shouldnt he perform?
He's already performing
Re: Pump Price Reduction: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Gboliwe: 2:01am On Jun 01, 2011
honeric01:

Whoever said kerosene has gone down should shut the hell up, i sent my younger bro to buy 10liters of kerosene and a liter goes for N145. yes 145 naira!!!

few months ago it was N80

about a year ago it was N55

Can anyone guess what is going to be about 6 months time? N200

We can all go to church and start praying so that the prices can come down miraculously since we have a president who fixes problems through prayers.
apparently, our last sunday prayers have been answered miraculously!
Now you Mr hater should atleast give kudos to GEJ if you really are not a hater. The price is miraculously lower than your N55 price of last year.
Read the article below:

BY Emma Amaize

WARRI — A crowd of women, mostly housewives and traders, at Effurun, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State, danced and sang in celebration of President Goodluck Jonathan, Monday, over the reduction of the price of kerosene from between N150 and N200 to N50 per litre.

Speaking to journalists during a solidarity visit, the leader of the women, Mrs. Victoria Oghrudje, said, “we are the ones that use kerosene for cooking and we know the untold hardship we have been passing through since the price went out of the reach of the common man. So, we are happy with our President, for being a true man of the people by keeping to his words.”

She said the women decided to celebrate because they went to the petrol stations to buy kerosene and found out that they were actually selling at the government approved pump price of N50 per litre.

Mrs. Oghrudje, however, appealled to the President to further ensure that kerosene was made available to filling stations at all times.

Similarly, another woman, who spoke at the event, Mrs. Victoria Omadudu urged the President to urgently address the problems of epileptic power supply and unemployment confronting Nigeria people.

She said, “solving these two major problems will better the lot of the Nigeria people and there will also be a reduction in crime rate.”

A man who was seen rejoicing with the women, Mr. Maurice Nagomo, said Nigerians should be grateful to God for having a listening President.

A political leader in the area, Chief Godwin Inumra, who observed the celebration by the women, noted that the action of the women was a fulfillment of the scripture, which states that ‘the people rejoice when the righteous is on throne’.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/delta-women-celebrate-reduction-in-kerosene-price/

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Tips For Starting A POS Business In 2021 / Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Tomorrow / Who Can Supply Me Cheap Boxers And Singlets @ Wholesale?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.