Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,814 members, 7,879,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:36 PM

Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes (14945 Views)

"I Miss Buhari"⁠ — Deji Adeyanju Says As Nigerians Battle Hunger, Inflation / Nigerians Battle Unprecedented Hardship As Buhari Nears 7 Years In Office / 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by ChasinGood(m): 8:45pm On Sep 04, 2021
grin
Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by visijo(m): 8:45pm On Sep 04, 2021
Hnm
Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by ChasinGood(m): 8:46pm On Sep 04, 2021
King of boys abi na king of failure
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by CSTRR: 8:46pm On Sep 04, 2021
People dey suffer for this country.

I was listening to radio and a woman was crying bitterly about hunger.

And that she was on radio since morning just to see if she can win any prize money to feed her children.

Nigerians have always been poor in the first place.

Buhari made it into high definition.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by saintade01(m): 8:46pm On Sep 04, 2021
Sadly, it's same here too cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by Judic: 8:49pm On Sep 04, 2021
Check this website www.qnet.net and see what I saw
Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by Higgies(m): 8:49pm On Sep 04, 2021
God will help us

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 04, 2021
Times are difficult...

Flour now is 19,500 as opposed to 11,000 in 2011 downward.....

Things are hard for the common man...Things are getting worse under here..

I never voted this rubbish am experiencing..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by GardenOfGod(m): 8:49pm On Sep 04, 2021
trilacos:
The poverty alleviation programme ending in some people pocket. grin
Mad o grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by Caboceer: 8:50pm On Sep 04, 2021
WibusJaga:

Nigeria has simply grown too large & diverse for one ruler with enormous powers in Abuja.
Way to go is restructuring with devolution of powers to the regions.
We just can't continue repeating same thing & expect different results. That's madness.

The mallams are scared of restructuring because they don't have crude oil

Funny enough the average northerner is worse-off under the current economic structure but he cannot understand, so he just does what his leaders tell him. The elites up north are the ones hanging on to the present arrangement because it benefits them, and them alone.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 04, 2021
Its really vry painful.
Someone should pls help me. I am starving without an end in sight. Haven't been paid my wages for over three months now, i dnt know where my next meal will come from. I am sad and demoralized, pls help a soul in need.
Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by CSTRR: 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2021
I still don't know why buhari stopped that you-win program of the Jonathan govt..

That is the most brilliant job creation scheme I have seen instituted by the FG.

Only Tony elumelu entrepreneurship foundation comes close.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by Alvin212(m): 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2021
Buhari issa disaster

Tinubu issa bigger disaster

Say no to Tinubu

An Aids patient can't be your president
You deserve the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 04, 2021
Dollar now is 530...

From 190 to 530.....it's very very painful......

God must Judge them....The inflation is Extreme...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by Muhylonaire007: 8:53pm On Sep 04, 2021
What poverty are they alleviating self? With the usual 5,000 dem dey give people?
5k can't even buy a 12kg gas anymore... So what are they alleviating?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by CSTRR: 8:53pm On Sep 04, 2021
Instead of buhari to give 3 million naira grants each to 100 solid business ideas with tax exemption for 10 years.

Buhari would rather share 300 millions naira as N5000 per person mostly to the north.

Wasting resources.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by gentleman82: 8:56pm On Sep 04, 2021
Repent now of your sinful evil ways to avoid spending your eternity in hell fire after you die. Jesus Christ love and warns you to repent and convert now to Christianity to avoid hell fire. Only Jesus Christ can save you by his death on the cross and his blood which washes away your sins, any other ways ( Islam, paganism, Hinduism, atheism, etc) can not save you. Be wise while you still have the chance accept Jesus Christ now and save your soul from hell. Be wiser than Satan and follow the one true God. This is the eternal truth from the spiritual realm.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by bergs2: 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2021
The truth is that the media remains an integral part of our problems daily in this contraption: ask me; why this comparison from the writer of this long epistle? Is there any difference from the usual APC blame game and this piece of shit you called journalism?
Instead of the Writer abi columnist to direct his I'll conceived prejudice to the present administration, he rather chose to module things up by annexing the previous administration. He could as well started from Amalgamation of this contraption.
Journalism my foot: Charge and Bail in short.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by Sonn(m): 8:59pm On Sep 04, 2021
There's one particular "Omenka" abi na wetin be im name' and one rotten-pig-meat griller, abeg make them come tell us say na lie, na PDP news, Ndi ala Ndi ala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2021
WibusJaga:

Nigeria has simply grown too large & diverse for one ruler with enormous powers in Abuja.
We just can't continue repeating same thing & expect different results. That's madness.
Wether u restructure or not the same cruel people won't let u breathe fresh air of progress. The question u should ask urself is, are the Governors and LG chairmen doing well to give u the expected progress when there was never a month they were denied allocations? If not then even if u choose to allow every family to rule themselves our problems will always remain the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by Suremikky(m): 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2021
WibusJaga:

Nigeria is even lager than the USA

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by wildikeman(m): 9:06pm On Sep 04, 2021
Snitch24:
We're on a sloppy slide

FTC ?
grin

Yo still believe that... Abi we have almost gotten to the bottom of the abyss already

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by Iamolukorede(m): 9:07pm On Sep 04, 2021
Is good to come up with analysis, to what damage the previous administration as done to this country and what the incumbent are doing and it can only become more worse, poverty elevation my foot.

Jus that Nigerian are strong pple, very strong to have being plunge into suffering for years, yet are still smiling. However, enough of analysis, big grammar et Al and act, action is important to help led this nation thru a progressive path. This led administration are all evildoers, a monumental failure and yet still failing and will continue to fail. Jus know it can only become more worse.

No one should expect a miracle, is it not time we restructure this zoo called Nigeria or until restructuring forces itself on us. That no election come 2023 until we restructure this country, a bottom to the top approach. This leaders are ready to milk this country dry.

The youth are the tool of change for this country but then the youth are not ready to savage the country but chasing after woman, fast life and money not giving the future a thought. Join politics join politics they say no, I only pity the next generation. Tueh !! The problems of Nigeria are Nigerian's and her solutions are here in Nigeria, if you know you know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by AnanseK(m): 9:07pm On Sep 04, 2021
A major drain

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by blackpanda: 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2021
DigiPerson:
Buhari is a disaster. Truth is, he was an avoidable disaster but ignorant folks played the lead role.

U have been single this noise since 2015. Nobody bought ur crap! We will vote buhari over and over again above Jonathan or Atiku
Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by Kokaine(m): 9:15pm On Sep 04, 2021
Unfortunately, the schemes do not reach the right population.

Do you want to know how the CBN rolled out a covid 19 loan that was aimed at stirring our economy back to speed? Do you want to know how those billions was distributed within the twinkle of an eye? Do you want to know how top politicians sabotaged the process of agsmeis loan and converted these loans to personal aggrandizement in hope that a new government will emerge and forgive them?

The actual population of people who are doing jobs capable of impacting the economy positively do not have access to these interventions. The procedures are always fraught with irregularities that have come to be accepted as a norm in Nigeria.

Someone would register his company, and then call his friends to use their bvn to access federal government survival fund with an agreement that when payment is effected, he will give them 30k out of 50k.

Another will go ahead to aggregate his entire village for such schemes, using their bvn, and then diverting the funds to personal use.

Until Africans implement the teachings we receive in religious houses, and we actually have fear of God, we can't be like the people we see on our TV screens and in the magazines making this world a better place.

People with ideas do not have positions and opportunities, where as people with opportunities have no ideas. Look at djcuppy the daughter of one of Africa's richest, look at dangotes kids? Who among the kids of the rich is building cars, or inventing anything? Or taking the lead in research to cure aids? Or at the front position in anything that opposes the nepotism, corruption and partisan politics riddling the fabrics of our nation? None! Buharis son was all over the media wedding the ado bayeros of kano. What have these people contributed to Nigeria other than driving good cars and living in big houses?

It is the sacrifice done by people in positions in america and China that took those countries to the height they are. Facebook's king is a more simple man in appearance than senator dino melaye. Our priorities have failed us. We praise the people who we should hurl rocks at and kill the ones who are victims of a failed society.

Africa youths! Arise! The movies and entertainment we are enjoying today, our kids cannot even have basic security of lives if we don't change this narrative. We need to make sacrifices( in kanayo voice). We need to put an end to this Muslim Christian hate and Hausa Igbo online wars. We must unite against our common enemy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by nameo: 9:18pm On Sep 04, 2021
Patrioticman007:
"But by 2013, poverty in the country had become so serious that about 70 per cent of the population were said to be living below the poverty line"

The Data above shows the hypocrisy of those praising GEJ clueless President regime in power, its a fact that PMB has failed, but the truth is the day Nigerians grow beyond tribal sentiments & religious fanaticism, that's the day Nigeria will occupy its place in the international communities, the class struggle between the rich & poor is the true war in this country not the one cankerous of worms & mumuism they want us to believe.

I hope you also read in the same report you quoted where it said that the poverty rate decreased to 39.1% at the end of GEJ regime in 2015 from that 70% you just quoted.

Not that i see a spectacular thingy in all of these succesive Govts "poverty eradication" programmes but i just wanted to point that out for fairness

NB: By the way, Buhari has as usual made things worse

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by ofiko123(m): 9:19pm On Sep 04, 2021
How true is this assertion??
Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by Buckeyemedia1: 9:22pm On Sep 04, 2021
WibusJaga:

Why are you naive children alway chasing shadows?, power belongs to the state, The Governor of your state was not appointed from Abuja, you elected them,? what do you mean by devolution of power, you have your States & Local Governments that have their jurisdictions? The ignorance of Citizens like you is what is killing Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by nameo: 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2021
CSTRR:
I still don't know why buhari stopped that you-win program of the Jonathan govt..

That is the most brilliant job creation scheme I have seen instituted by the FG.

Only Tony elumelu entrepreneurship foundation comes close.

Agreed!! Smart and effective.

SURE-P was a disaster from same Govt tho.

I dont know what to say about the various nonsense Buhari is doing now tho - dashing out money without sense, direction or concept

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Battle Extreme Poverty Amid Many Fg’s Alleviation Schemes by gnykelly(m): 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2021
WibusJaga:

Nigeria is not too big for 1 person to control...our leaders are thieves

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex-Niger Delta Agitators Back Buhari, Vow To Expose Pipeline Vandal (Pics) / BREAKING: Police Seal Off CJN Onnoghen’s Office, Eject Administrative Staff / Magu: Panel Demands Politicians’ Files From 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.