Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,570 members, 7,934,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 12:19 PM

Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? (38226 Views)

Lagos Job Of N50,000 Or Ibadan Job Of N50,000 / State Hospital Job At N260,000 Or Federal Hospital Job At N180,000? / 200k Lagos Job Vs 300k Kaduna Job, Which One Will You Prefer And Give Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by BusinessDream: 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2021
laiza:
Go to Kaduna my brother. Kaduna and Kano is the hub of business development and operations in the North. Ibadan is sitting on old glory of days past, I am a yoruba man but Oyo state is light years behind Kaduna state in terms of services and job. If not for Lagos, Ibadan wouldn't be how it is today. If Ibadan could pick up it should have done so by virtue of it's closeness to Lagos but the other Southwest state is really making it difficult but Kaduna, except for the insecurity is a really developed city and ancient too.

Also understand that 75% of anything produced or imported to Nigeria is sold in the North. Apart from Ibadan and ogbomoso I'm not sure there is any other city in Oyo state that can boast of economic activity...I stand corrected.. but in Kaduna you have cities like Zaria, Kafanchan and Kaduna North especially is a hub of economic activity on it's own. And there is the closeness it has with Abuja which is really important.
See your style. You are not even considering the insecurity in the North. They just kidnap 18 people in keke in that same Kaduna but because you want to play politics with someone's life you are denigrading Ibadan. Between Ibadan and OGUN, which is closer to Lagos but I sensed you know Ogun is an APC state and thus avoid stating that Ogun is the closest but chose Ibadan that is farther...

OP, better borrow yourself sense and stay in Ibadan for your own good. In the last 48 hours, they have kidnapped a lot of people in the North, even that Kaduna, 18 people were kidnapped from a keke yesterday... read nairaland front page.

have mercy on your family. I am not a Yoruba person o. I be Igbo boy but I will never talk like this man I quoted here.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by RedEnergy: 5:50pm On Sep 07, 2021
There are bandits in Kaduna.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by EFGH: 5:51pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:
Good morning house, pls I need your views and opinions on this subject matter.

Ok, I currently work with an FMCG Coy in Ibadan as an inventory officer where I earn N175k net on a monthly basis. It’s important to state here that I was living in Lagos prior to my getting this FMCG job.

So, I moved to Ibadan 2 months ago and currently put up with a friend in his apartment while I try to figure out how to move my stuffs to Ibadan on relocation basis. But along the line, I got a job with a big agricultural establishment affiliated to a multinational agricultural firm and I’m being offered N259k for a start excluding other benefits such as airtime(15k) which is different from my main salary.

Also note that the N259k is gross so my take home could be around N230k or thereabouts.

Now here’s the challenge. This new job is in Kaduna(the state capital) and I’ve not been to kaduna before. So, house what do you think about this. I need your candid, sincere and factual advice on this matter.

Thank you

Bro, if you miss the Kaduna offer, I don't know what I will describe you!

I currently base in KD and I must say that inasmuch as there is security challenges, but the candid truth is that most of those kidnappings incidents you often read about are don't mostly in the outskirts of the town.

So "Dan Allah" make you no miss this golden opportunity because of what you often read about KD.

IF I may guess, the organisation that gave you the offer should be Olam farm
located along kaduna to Abuja road
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by tosinhtml: 5:51pm On Sep 07, 2021
alfarouq:

Company is most likely Afex, Babbangona or Thrive agric. The base of operation is most likely Zaria that is where most of their staff are resident. Apart from recent surge in Kidnapping, Zaria is a peaceful town. The bandits usually have people they are targeting and I doubt you will make their list any time soon. Life itself is a risk

Your analysis is correct about Babbangona & Thrive agric, I really wish Nigeria was a peaceful country. Living in the North is super cheap & people can save more than 50% of their salary in the North after flexing & drinking.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Glenn2020(m): 5:51pm On Sep 07, 2021
You can choose kaduna state
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by sayfullah2020(m): 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
Kaduna is better and its less expensive to stay, mode of leaving is also less compared to Ibadan
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by marwanafrica: 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Ok, I currently work with an FMCG Coy in Ibadan as an inventory officer where I earn N175k net on a monthly basis. It’s important to state here that I was living in Lagos prior to my getting this FMCG job.

So, I moved to Ibadan 2 months ago and currently put up with a friend in his apartment while I try to figure out how to move my stuffs to Ibadan on relocation basis. But along the line, I got a job with a big agricultural establishment affiliated to a multinational agricultural firm and I’m being offered N259k for a start excluding other benefits such as airtime(15k) which is different from my main salary.

Also note that the N259k is gross so my take home could be around N230k or thereabouts.

Now here’s the challenge. This new job is in Kaduna(the state capital) and I’ve not been to kaduna before. So, house what do you think about this. I need your candid, sincere and factual advice on this matter.

Thank you

Guy please Accept that of Kaduna, i have been to many States in Nigeria but Kaduna is the best among all i have been so far, you are lucky especially when you say your new job is within kaduna town, i promise you, you will never regret it as kaduna is known for so many things that makes strangers not to want to leave, if you are in town reach out to me for any Assistance within my reach

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by engrfaruq(m): 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
I'd advise you stay in Ibadan, not because Kaduna is not secure, but because the risk in inter-state journeys is quite enormous these days.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by BOLDIM(f): 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2021
Pray my brother and let God be guide, call on God to seek for direction

Thank you[/quote]
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Imustnottalk: 5:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
Op southern kaduna is safe go and stay there
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by kevoh(m): 5:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
DON'T GO TO KADUNA! Look at this from the perspective of the nature of your job! You are going to be working for a big agric firm, there's no way you will not be visiting farm sites. Visiting farm sites equal the possibility of coming across murderous Fulani herdsmen or bandits. Don't be swayed by those saying come to Southern Kaduna! The city might be OK to live in but what about when you have to visit a farm site? Think am well ooo!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by tosinhtml: 5:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
BusinessDream:
See your style. You are not even considering the insecurity in the North. They just kidnap 18 people in keke in that same Kaduna but because you want to play politics with someone's life you are denigrading Ibadan. Between Ibadan and OGUN, which is closer to Lagos but I sensed you know Ogun is an APC state and thus avoid stating that Ogun is the closest but chose Ibadan that is farther...

OP, better borrow yourself sense and stay in Ibadan for your own good. In the last 48 hours, they have kidnapped a lot of people in the North, even that Kaduna, 18 people were kidnapped from a keke yesterday... read nairaland front page.

have mercy on your family. I am not a Yoruba person o. I be Igbo boy but I will never talk like this man I quoted here.

Hmm you are right on this security issues, I refuse to accept an offer from Babbangona some time ago because of the Northern Kaduna issues.

10 years ago, everybody would have advised the OP to take this golden opportunity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Tapout(m): 5:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
BeardedMeat:
How safe is the Abuja - Kaduna corridor?

With what he's being offered per month, I don't think traveling by Air will be an issue for him. But let's not digress. When family comes into the picture, I'm sure he will sort himself out. All I'm trying to say is that there are men & women working in a particular state and have their family based in another. It's not a new thing. That's why I suggested Abuja since it's not really far from Kaduna.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by EndBuhariNow(m): 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2021
250 and u are jumping up like a frog... this what a road sweeper without certificate earns in dubai...
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by falcon01: 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2021
kingsolium:

Thank you
Kaduna By far. Reasons
1. Kaduna things are cheaper than Ibadan
2. The place is mixed with different people different tribes religion and Culture despite been in the north
3. Lots of Good places there
4. The pay is higher, even if the pay is reversed, still choose Kaduna because of cost of things.
Despite the news you see that kaduna is not safe this only happens in villages with No access to social amenities, very poor power supply and Network. But in Kaduna metropolis you are good to go.
P.S the only risk is Travelling via road, the way Nigeria is Travelling in the road is very dangerous if you can take a flight, fine.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by HopeAlive16(f): 5:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
DrObum:
You get money for ransome?
grin ... This question sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by BusinessDream: 5:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
tosinhtml:

Hmm you are right on this security issues, I refuse to accept an offer from Babbangona some time ago because of the Northern Kaduna issues.

10 years ago, everybody would have advised the OP to take this golden opportunity.
It is no longer funny bro. I cant even take any job in the North for 500k-1M... NEVER!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by OBTMOS(m): 5:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
Kaduna na
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by nwaoke247(m): 5:58pm On Sep 07, 2021
deanoffaculty:

@KingSolium....
Kindly go for the 259k offer. Kaduna state is not bad. Don't allow FEAR to set in. Ohh! Bandits, Terrorists, kidnappers.......those horrific news you watch on Television/social media platforms and unpleasant news you listen to on radio, right? I understand! Zion is safe, it's only Northern Kaduna that I can't guarantee.
God no go leave you dude!!!
Hmm he shouldn't let fear set abi after all the news making rounds in that state abi my brother stay for u old job abeg na who dey alive dey chop money

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Gabriel459(m): 5:58pm On Sep 07, 2021
Congratulations for your new jobs. Me still dey fyn 50k job in Abj though a graduate of Microbiology.
I suggest you move to KD. I have a friend there that I can put you up to incase you don't have have anywhere to stay
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by haslaw(m): 5:58pm On Sep 07, 2021
NaijaGoBetter20:
I think all these big coys in the north are now adding ransom to their staff salary. KD is not safe, I got a job that is ready to pay 2.5X of my current salary but when I considered the safety my response was capital NO.

So, stick to your 180k in Ibadan and eat "Amala sky" with peace of mind

Kaduna may not be safe but it is sure safer than Ibadan. You are far more likely to be kidnapped and killed by ritualists in Ibadan.

I have worked and lived in both cities
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by AdedoyinO(f): 5:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
stagger:

Take the Kaduna job. I order inputs from some of those agric companies and I am aware that their marketing agents cut a lot of side deals. I was once in a shop owned by one of these companies and one of their people made a call to preserve 250 bags of maize seedlings for a top politician.

Even an extra N500 for such an order puts extra N125,000 into your pocket. Not so?

Typical Nigerian sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by nwaoke247(m): 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2021
EFGH:

Bro, if you miss the Kaduna offer, I don't know what I will describe you!

I currently base in KD and I must say that inasmuch as there is security challenges, but the candid truth is that most of those kidnappings incidents you often read about are don't mostly in the outskirts of the town.

So "Dan Allah" make you no miss this golden opportunity because of what you often read about KD.

IF I may guess, the organisation that gave you the offer should be Olam farm
located along kaduna to Abuja road

Exactly how Taliban started from outskirts of towns

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by justmondris: 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2021
Safety is more important than money. Please flew from Kaduna because they can start their riot at anytime

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Lamasta(m): 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2021
Life itself is a risk OP go to Kaduna and add it to your experience as a staff and as a man...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by victorVIC1(m): 6:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
If the work environment of your current place of work is good, I would advise you stay back in Ibadan for the below reasons:
I. Safety
II. Supply Chain has a good growth prospect particularly if you are able to garner more knowledge on international logistics and procurement.

Finally, make sure you negotiate your salary based on estimated net take home and not gross cos if the new company complies 100% with deduction requirements you may be disappointed to find out there's barely much difference between their net pay and your current net pay.

All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Nwaelohim: 6:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
Head to KD not because of the money but your hard work will be appropriate and anything you deserve in the cause of your job will be given to you. Life is cheaper with quality in KD. Don't focus on the security issues you read on news they are mostly community crisis due to land issues. The city KD is lovely place. With lot of opportunities.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by haslaw(m): 6:03pm On Sep 07, 2021
zikodem:
I am base here in kaduna, I will advise you to pick kaduna over Ibadan, I HV live in both city, cost of living in kaduna is relatively cheaper compire to Ibadan, security issue is not as bad as the media is painting it, within the metropolis which ur jobs is situated u hv no issue what so ever

I think Kaduna is a lot safer than Ibadan. This is because kidnapping and killings in the name of ritualists is an epidemic in Ibadan.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by ct2: 6:03pm On Sep 07, 2021
Where in Kaduna.if it's in the city kadun is very okay.
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Osombo: 6:03pm On Sep 07, 2021
Dear OP with love man take that KD job, it's home to most senior men in Nig and not far from Abj. Ur financial life fit change cos Ur salary carry weight there hence U fit marry and own ur house there. Above all ask God for direction
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by Algold: 6:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
Where are u guys seeing these kind of jobs paying this huge figures in Nigeria... Are u sure will are in same country
Re: Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? by immortalityk: 6:07pm On Sep 07, 2021
McOluOmo:
when you get to KD lemme know, get to show you around

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
can I come to kd for job?
I had an accident and my left index finger was cut off
I'm at home recovering from surgery
I can still work,any type of job I will do if it's available
thanks sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pls I Need To Know More About 'gnld",my Sister Is In Their Net / How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] / My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.