Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,908 members, 7,890,005 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 07:11 AM

West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month (12052 Views)

Kelechi Iheanacho Wins Premier League Player of the Month for March / Michail Antonio Crashes His Lamborghini On Christmas Day / Mohamed Salah Wins Premier League Player Of The Year Award(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by Insidenaija: 12:34pm On Sep 10, 2021
West Ham forward Michail Antonio has been voted EA Sports Premier League Player of the Month for Augus, Newspremises reports.

Antonio was recognised for his outstanding start to the 2021/22 campaign, which sees him lead both the goals and assists charts after three rounds of top-flight matches.

Fans across the world voted the Jamaica international to victory for an outstanding month that also saw him become West Ham's all-time record Premier League goalscorer and reach 50 top-flight goals in Claret and Blue.

"It's amazing, to be fair!" he smiled. "I go out and do my job and to get the gratitude and awards for doing it is amazing.

"August was just another month, you know! To be fair, it's amazing. I saw that I was quite close to becoming the record holder and I've been going for it and now I want to get as far ahead as possible so nobody can catch me!"

Antonio was the favourite to win the trophy for a second time, following his triumph in July 2020, and deservedly won it following a truly outstanding August that saw him net four goals and assist three more.

The new No9 has scored in all three games so far, netting once in the 4-2 win at Newcastle United, twice in the 4-1 home win over Leicester City and once more in the 2-2 home draw with Crystal Palace.

In addition, Antonio also registered an assist in all three matches, setting up Benrahma’s header at St James’ Park and the Algerian’s first-time finish against the Foxes at London Stadium, then providing the cut-back for Pablo Fornals to open the scoring against the Eagles last weekend.

To further strengthen his case, the 31-year-old has taken more goal attempts (16) than any other Premier League player, while also playing seven key passes in addition to his three assists.

Antonio's triumph comes just over a year after he won the Premier League Player of the Month award for the first time, and days after he made his senior international debut for Jamaica.

He becomes the sixth West Ham player to win the trophy, following Stuart Pearce (February 2001), Anton Ferdinand (January 2006), Scott Parker (February 2011), Diafra Sakho (October 2014) and Jesse Lingard (April 2021), and the second Jamaican after Wimbledon midfielder Robbie Earle, who was recognised in February 1997.

This time around, Antonio held off the challenge of fellow nominees Hammer Saïd Benrahma, Chelsea wing-back Marcos Alonso, Tottenham Hotspur defender Eric Dier, Everton winger Demarai Gray and Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood to win

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/west-ham-uniteds-michail-antonio-wins-ea-sports-premier-league-player-of-the-month-award/

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by lblinxz: 12:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
Well deserved, he's been on a rollercoaster ride this season

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by TarOrfeeek: 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
Very powerful striker.

Reminiscent of what Victor Anichebe or Andy Carroll could have become.

But small pride and laziness affected them.

21 Likes

Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by chyzoo4u(m): 1:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
The Bull

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by Bamzyriches451: 1:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
Well deserved

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by jolyment: 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
T
Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by Blaqstick: 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
Where is bruno

1 Like

Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by money121(m): 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2021
Ok
Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by Dahbossng(m): 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2021
Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by andrewtosin(m): 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
He isn't the one leading the "assist chart" though.

3 Likes

Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by xxxXXXxxx: 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
Good for him!

1 Like

Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by kadraxkyle(m): 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
Ronaldo the GOAT will win the next one. smiley

Check my profile if you need a Dentist.

2 Likes

Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by Olarewaju89: 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
Well deserved

1 Like

Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
Coach of the month?

1 Like

Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by Abokiijebu: 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2021
RUBBISH. Chelsea Alonso deserve it, argue with ur grandma.
Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by Mangekyo: 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2021
Nice one Antonio.
Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by chaseblack(m): 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2021
Na me suppose win this award for the month of August I swear. With the amount of ladies I played omo that month. I am the ultimate player.
Antonio abi wetin dem call am still dey learn
Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by Thryphosa(m): 1:45pm On Sep 10, 2021
Nice one Antonio, West Ham gradually becoming a force in the premier league. Good job Moyes.

2 Likes

Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by pepetua(m): 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2021
Congrats
Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by Angelfrost(m): 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2021
Well Deserved...

That guy has grown massively to a very gutsy striker... Something Martial would have become if he didn't choose to become unfortunate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by WibusJaga: 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2021

Congrats to him.
Those of you thinking one guy will win the next one are in for a big disappointment.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by Adakintroy: 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2021
The boy de try.

Westham Sha don reboot Lingardinho is doing big things. Better than ronaldo and Messi. Nobody argues it.

2 Likes

Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by Angelfrost(m): 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2021
Thryphosa:
Nice one Antonio, West Ham gradually becoming a force in the premier league. Good job Moyes.

Indeed... Moyes has been quite fantastic in transforming that average team into a force.

Same thing he did with Everton back then.

Maybe, just maybe, he should have been given a little more time at Old Trafford....

Kyase, Xynerise, Ray07, Fergie001, how una see am?!!

4 Likes

Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by Strugglingman: 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2021
A Defender turned into a beast of a striker by moyes and co.

Nice one for him

4 Likes

Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by adebenson155: 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2021
THIS GUY WEY RESEMBLE BURNA BOY

2 Likes

Re: West Ham United's Michail Antonio Wins Premier League Player Of The Month by Angelfrost(m): 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
Blaqstick:
Where is bruno

Which Bruno?!! On top 1 game?!!...

The only United player that comes close to Mikhail Antonio so far is Mason Greenwood. Maybe David de Gea to some extent.

Lingard is not smart at all... He should have forced a permanent move to West Ham.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From Access Bank Lagos City Marathon; / Asisat Oshoala Is The First African Female Ballon D'or Nominee / FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.