Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,986 members, 7,883,412 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 10:20 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (889955 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (614) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jum33: 8:26am On Jun 18, 2023
Numero123:
@Advance Dna:

Evening Greetings Sir, Please do you have any idea, if it is okay for someone who just got into the UK with the Skilled Worker(Care Worker) Route and doesn’t have Shift or training yet from the Employer that issued COS. Is it okay for that person to quickly Travel out of the UK and back, even before getting shifts? (This Person already received the BRP card upon arrival in the UK). Is it advisable for the Person to make this Trip outside the UK. (Urgent/important Trip)? Thanks for your response in Advance.
Skilled worker visa allows you to travel out of uk for maximum of 180 days .But to cover for any surprise , take a documented official leave from your employer .

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jum33: 8:27am On Jun 18, 2023
Divinehenrich:
Please can someone answer me
You just have to stick the years your cos carries.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by pakirisuitesphc(m): 9:16am On Jun 18, 2023
It depends on the one your employer chooses 3 or 5 years.
advanceDNA:

What is COS number of years??
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kekeman4now: 9:40am On Jun 18, 2023
Pls my brother has been in Manchester without getting a job for upto a month,pls anyone in Manchester that can help him get a Job?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Datakey: 10:20am On Jun 18, 2023
Datakey:
Good day house, please I have an interview next week. What and what questions should I be expecting?

It is for a support worker role

Good day house, somebody help..
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jum33: 10:44am On Jun 18, 2023
Kekeman4now:
Pls my brother has been in Manchester without getting a job for upto a month,pls anyone in Manchester that can help him get a Job?
Getting job is difficult for uk jjc with with no UK experience as average naija uk jjc takes several months to land their first job depending on your circle of association but the advice I will him tell him get acquainted with fellow nigerian around him probably tru church or school, they are ones that can give u sure link as all of them too started from somewhere too

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 11:33am On Jun 18, 2023
Numero123:
@Advance Dna:

Evening Greetings Sir, Please do you have any idea, if it is okay for someone who just got into the UK with the Skilled Worker(Care Worker) Route and doesn’t have Shift or training yet from the Employer that issued COS. Is it okay for that person to quickly Travel out of the UK and back, even before getting shifts? (This Person already received the BRP card upon arrival in the UK). Is it advisable for the Person to make this Trip outside the UK. (Urgent/important Trip)? Thanks for your response in Advance.

Baba u free to navigate.....nothing dey happen as long as u dont stay outside uk for too long....

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Divinehenrich(m): 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2023
What should I tick? I have not applied before.

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Divinehenrich(m): 7:07pm On Jun 18, 2023
Please can someone reply me
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Molajim: 8:36pm On Jun 18, 2023
Divinehenrich:
Please can someone reply me
If u have not then …no.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Georgiedey(m): 11:11pm On Jun 18, 2023
CERTAINLY WHAT GOD CAN NOT NOT DO DOES NOT EXIST!!!

Visa Alert

Visa application- 6th May

Biometric- 15th May ( standard Ikeja vac)

Got empty NSF- 2nd June- I presume they needed to authenticate my IELTS result cos i couldnt wait for the hard copy from the British council as it too long after mutiple calls and mails to them so instead i cropped the result from there site and attached a cover letter to explain my reason

Visa approved on the 15th exactly a month after

Got decision mail today 18th June

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED

Pcc

Tb test to expired on 5th June

Cropped copy of IELTS result

POF exactly 28 days

12 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ifedayofemi: 11:14pm On Jun 18, 2023
Georgiedey:

Visa Alert

Got empty NSF- 2nd June- I presume they needed to authenticate my IELTS result cos i couldnt wait for the hard copy from the British council as it too long after mutiple calls and mails to them so instead i cropped the result from there site and attached a cover letter to explain my reason

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED

Pcc

POF exactly 28 days
Congratulations....how did u run your pof pls....were u funding it with big cash or just little after the fixed money for the pof?

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Myella: 1:19am On Jun 19, 2023
Congratulations!

Georgiedey:

Visa Alert

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED

Pcc

POF exactly 28 days
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Georgiedey(m): 6:27am On Jun 19, 2023
I deposited a lump sum 1m did a couple of transaction, like 7 transaction on the account and that was it. The account statement was a single sheet
Ifedayofemi:
Congratulations....how did u run your pof pls....were u funding it with big cash or just little after the fixed money for the pof?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Georgiedey(m): 6:28am On Jun 19, 2023
Thanks
Myella:
Congratulations!

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by MsLane: 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2023
Hi @Nwokiwu90

Any update? I hope positive or some sort of communication.

Just to encourage you that my application has been pending for 8weeks now.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 1:26pm On Jun 19, 2023
Georgiedey:

Visa Alert

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED

Pcc

POF exactly 28 days
Congratulations! 🎉 So UKVI accepted the online result, right?

I don't know why someone would pay huge amounts of money to British Council for an English test, for a visa application, and they would choose to delay and frustrate the person, even when they claim they could deliver in few days!😡

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
MsLane:
Hi @Nwokiwu90

Chai! This isn't funny! But it's well. It shall end in your favour soon.🙏🏿
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Wilddoubra: 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2023
Onyxunlimited:

I think they are about to scam you. There has been an influx of care workers in the UK and not do they not offer CoS anymore. They rotate the jobs between agencies and caregivers working under agencies don't even get to work every week. The pay have even been reduced the from about £23/hr or more to £10.5 - £14/hr. Though few agencies pay up to £15- 20/hr but it's difficult to get jobs in such agencies.

I thought as much. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Wilddoubra: 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2023
jum33:

I have already stated the obvious truth to our people here but it seems we like deception , some people were even calling me names self but It time wasting on my side for such silly engagement. .
Direct abroad recruitment for care job in UK is almost getting to its end ,people should seek alternatives route but it seems we want to open ourselves for scammer that will collect 12M from you and get you down to UK with no shifts on ground to give you.
From what i have personally witness , there are more than hundreds of innocent nigerian that were already stranded in uk right as they fall victim to such scams and with little or no shifts from their so called sponsors .And I am sure you should have a guess on how horrendous and awful it can be for someone to be living in uk with no daily income coming to you ,infact present naija situation right will be like paradise in comparison.
There are still lot of nigerian student and dependent already in uk with verifiable care experience that also looking for same sponsorship opportunities with no luck just to know you know how competitive it is becoming unlike before.
even the few reputable organizations that can give sponsorship will prefer to give sponsorship for people that already working with them and most them will not even advertise that they have license to sponsor ,you have must worked with them for up to 6 months and have passed your probation period before you get such offer.
Uk experience matters alot to employer if you much know, with that in mind now tell me how will a potential employer now leave those in uk to give it to people abroad when you have enough peope on ground t? it simple common sense na unless there is more to it.
care sponsorships from abroad Is not something that easy that falls on people lap like before , the recuitment is getting to its saturated point already , so don't fall victim to hungry scammers .
And for those people still searching from naija ,I wish you goodluck, there is no harm in trying but shine your eyes o and why not dissipate your energy to other route as this particular route don caste already .

Thanks for the info. I just dey laugh the guy for my mind when he was trying to hurry me to pay up to get the COS. Na to focus on study route I guess.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ifedayofemi: 6:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
Wilddoubra:

Thanks for the info. I just dey laugh the guy for my mind when he was trying to hurry me to pay up to get the COS. Na to focus on study route I guess.
There are still legit COS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nwokiwu90(m): 6:31pm On Jun 19, 2023
MsLane:
Hi @Nwokiwu90

thanks so much I have not yet heard anything from them but I tot ur visa is out
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nwokiwu90(m): 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2023
MsLane:
Hi @Nwokiwu90

they keep telling me that I should be patient
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Overthinker: 9:36pm On Jun 19, 2023
@Threeo @MsLane @Nwokiwu90 it’s 8weeks here also and it’s always patience and patience but I don’t think they are doing anything about it, what could really be the issue
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nwokiwu90(m): 10:04pm On Jun 19, 2023
Overthinker:
@Threeo @MsLane @Nwokiwu90 it’s 8weeks here also and it’s always patience and patience but I don’t think they are doing anything about it, what could really be the issue
you don get ur visa na
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Praktikals(m): 5:28am On Jun 20, 2023
Hwy9:
[color=#006600][/color]

Typically, before you can be issued a certificate of sponsorship (COS) by your potential employer. You must have been offered employment in the UK which meets the minimum pay for immigrants.

On accepting the offer, you go through some screening which varies amongst employers. Every employer/organization have specific onboarding activities which varies from background checks, filling of forms, signing some agreements etc.

You are expected to also have prove your knowledge of English language, TB test results (All this have been stated in the first post).

Once you submit all the necessary documents to your employer, they will start processing your COS. You don't have to do anything else but wait patiently till they send it to you. Once you receive the COS, you quote the COS ref number on your visa application.

Let me know if there is any other contribution you think might be helpful.

Pls bro. After paying for uk visa, how long does it take to go for visa interview
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Overthinker: 5:50am On Jun 20, 2023
Nwokiwu90:
you don get ur visa na

This is for dependents
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Georgiedey(m): 7:25am On Jun 20, 2023
Got tired after waiting for more than two weeks plus plenty calls and email
Goodly1:

Congratulations! 🎉 So UKVI accepted the online result, right?

I don't know why someone would pay huge amounts of money to British Council for an English test, for a visa application, and they would choose to delay and frustrate the person, even when they claim they could deliver in few days!😡
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mccarthyal(m): 8:25am On Jun 20, 2023
Hi guys. Pls I need help with 2 things.
1. Can I still apply for my IHS refund after switching from a student visa to a tier 2 visa?
2. The account I used to pay IHS is no longer active, so if the refund is processed, that’s where it will go to. Is it possible to change this account?
Thanks guys!
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Soroxy: 9:20am On Jun 20, 2023
Good morning everyone. I would like to know if anyone recently travelled to the UK through care work visa. What were the questions asked at the Point of entry? Please help a sister.
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 9:21am On Jun 20, 2023
Mccarthyal:
Hi guys. Pls I need help with 2 things.
1. Can I still apply for my IHS refund after switching from a student visa to a tier 2 visa?
2. The account I used to pay IHS is no longer active, so if the refund is processed, that’s where it will go to. Is it possible to change this account?
Thanks guys!

If ur new tier 2 visa/job does not pay for IHS..then yes

U cannot change account.... sorry

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (614) (Reply)

German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.