Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,309 members, 7,887,910 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:16 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (894049 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by NezzyMike: 6:14am On Jun 27
roak:
Did you travel recently?? Someone who went just this month - June 2024 mentioned this. When the same person went back to UK Dec 2023, and carried foodstuff, same thing applied.This person na guy and he no carry much stuff....he had no fresh fish... (and fresh meat isn't even allowed to UK...).

Whatever you have, (regardless of item or quantity) quarantine officials will certify it fit to carry. Japa people na them full airport now, and they already know japa people dey carry food. Now whether they should be charging for such is another topic of its own...

But in usual naija style, everyone at the airport wants to collect. They'd call an amount, you'd be like oga e too much ooo, wetin I carry...then they'd tell you to drop something for the boys....and you wanna move along quick so you'd drop small change and bounce.

Quarantine officials certifying/ checking that you items are fit for travel is what MMA is currently doing now . If in doubt you can ask a recent traveller.

Na you de ask, na you de explain...Oga carry dry foodstuffs to the airport, ensure your luggage is not more than 23kg for each and board your flight. Na wa o
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by NezzyMike: 6:15am On Jun 27
Beehorn:
Hello everyone, does my mum need a transit visa from lagos to Birmingham via Qatar airline?
Thanks.

Or is they any other airline she can use that is cheaper without transit visa to Birmingham?

And what other thing do I need to know when a grandmother is travelling with her grand daughter.
Thanks all

Turkish airlines...check
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by roak: 7:17am On Jun 27
Yeah, na me dey ask, na me still dey explain to you, as you haven't travelled recently... So you sef dunno what presently obtains.

"My question specifically asked that anyone who recently went share their experience...."

Asides posting on nairaland, I asked around too. I got across to a friend who returned back to UK earlier this month - June 2024, and he gave me the recent info, and now im sharing it here too. Any issues??

I travel out in a few days as well, so I would also be in a position to narrate my own recent first hand account, for whoever might be needing it.

NezzyMike:

Na you de ask, na you de explain...Oga carry dry foodstuffs to the airport, ensure your luggage is not more than 23kg for each and board your flight. Na wa o

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jogs1999(m): 7:32am On Jun 27
kumbhuru:

Why would you want to proceed? Mail them to correct the mistake. Check for other errors too like passport number and all. They will correct it and send you a new one
Okay...Thank you very much
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by chidirobert(m): 7:10pm On Jun 27
Good evening all,please has anyone used Ethiopian airline from Enugu airport to Uk please kindly share your experience.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Moreau1: 10:14pm On Jun 27
RodgersAkpafu:

this is serious

Pls kindly delete this comment. The main post has being brought down as it contains incorrect information. Kindly delete the comment
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by RodgersAkpafu: 11:41pm On Jun 27
Moreau1:

Pls kindly delete this comment. The main post has being brought down as it contains incorrect information. Kindly delete the comment

Okay....
That's interesting
I'm just wondering why someone will want to slander another person name like that though

No problems, I'll go back and delete
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jogs1999(m): 6:52pm On Jun 28
Good evening all,

Is Ielts reference number the same as test reference number?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ashirioluwa: 6:19pm On Jun 30
Beehorn:
Hello everyone, does my mum need a transit visa from lagos to Birmingham via Qatar airline?
Thanks.

Or is they any other airline she can use that is cheaper without transit visa to Birmingham?

And what other thing do I need to know when a grandmother is travelling with her grand daughter.
Thanks all

Nope
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ashirioluwa: 6:23pm On Jun 30
Mrphilia:
Good day everyone, please I was going through my things and I found out that my expired passport with no valid visa was no where to be found but I got my renewed passport which I did last year with me. Should I be worried? ☹️☹️☹️

For UK visa, NO.
For Ireland visa, YES.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ajalalomo: 8:51pm On Jun 30
Good day, house. I have a question regarding the employment start date stated on the COS letter. One of my juniors received her COS a few days ago, and the resumption date on the COS is July 9, but she has not yet submitted her application.

Can this date affect the application since July 9 is only a few days away? Or she should call the employer to change this date before submitting the application.

Her initial plan is to submit the application either tomorrow or Tuesday.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ajalalomo: 7:02pm On Jul 01
How do I answer this question on skilled worker visa?

Do you have a degree equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree which was taught in English?

Should I pick Yes or No

She has HND.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rock86: 8:18am On Jul 02
How long does it take to get decision nowadays?

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Zakikaki: 4:14pm On Jul 02
Ajalalomo:
Good day, house. I have a question regarding the employment start date stated on the COS letter. One of my juniors received her COS a few days ago, and the resumption date on the COS is July 9, but she has not yet submitted her application.

Can this date affect the application since July 9 is only a few days away? Or she should call the employer to change this date before submitting the application.

Her initial plan is to submit the application either tomorrow or Tuesday.

I understand that people like their privacy and all but can we stop this thing of "my sisters brother's Uncle's Aunty wants to" it's you who needs help, just ask the questions directly and even if for some rare reason it's truly your "Sister's Uncle's brother's fiancee" that needs the help, we really don't need that info, just ask the question directly and provide the answer to your "sister's nephew's grandson" when you get it and stop treating people on this forum like we're daft. Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Idarammi(f): 4:38pm On Jul 02
Hello everyone, please I will be grateful if my questions and concerns are treated here.
So the issue is when I wanted to book a date for my IELTS test, i used the IDP app. It was having some issues but after some time, i was able to pay for the test. I didn't get a confirmation mail until about 2 days later and there was no mention of the test i paid for. Fast forward to a day before the test, a reminder was sent and that was where i saw that i had been accidentally booked for the IELTS ACADEMIC instead of general for UKVI. I tried to change it but they said it was too late and i had no other option but to write it and i made a band 8.
Now to the crux of the matter and my question, can i use this my IELTS ACADEMIC result to apply for a skilled worker Visa? I have done my tb test and I have my police clearance certificate. I also informed the company that wants to employ me that I wrote the IELTS ACADEMIC and not general test for UKVI and they said that's not a problem and they are ok with it since I made a band 8. I'm just worried. Do you think I should just write another one or I should go ahead and apply for the Visa with this result? I don't want to waste the Visa fee only to get rejected because of this small mistake. Please advise. Thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rock86: 11:17am On Jul 06
Approximately how long does it take to get decision after biometrics?

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rock86: 11:18am On Jul 06
Zakikaki:

I understand that people like their privacy and all but can we stop this thing of "my sisters brother's Uncle's Aunty wants to" it's you who needs help, just ask the questions directly and even if for some rare reason it's truly your "Sister's Uncle's brother's fiancee" that needs the help, we really don't need that info, just ask the question directly and provide the answer to your "sister's nephew's grandson" when you get it and stop treating people on this forum like we're daft. Shalom.
After all these, you didn't still answer the question. Why are you people like this on Travel section? Is it jealousy or envy?

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rock86: 11:22am On Jul 06
roak:
Did you travel recently?? Someone who went just this month - June 2024 mentioned this. When the same person went back to UK Dec 2023, and carried foodstuff, same thing applied.This person na guy and he no carry much stuff....he had no fresh fish... (and fresh meat isn't even allowed to UK...).

Whatever you have, (regardless of item or quantity) quarantine officials will certify it fit to carry. Japa people na them full airport now, and they already know japa people dey carry food. Now whether they should be charging for such is another topic of its own...

But in usual naija style, everyone at the airport wants to collect. They'd call an amount, you'd be like oga e too much ooo, wetin I carry...then they'd tell you to drop something for the boys....and you wanna move along quick so you'd drop small change and bounce.

Quarantine officials certifying/ checking that you items are fit for travel is what MMA is currently doing now . If in doubt you can ask a recent traveller.

Is 1k enough to give each of them asking for bribe at the airport?

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rock86: 11:24am On Jul 07
Buchman1:
@Dampops, my wife picked up her Visa on 10th Jan and is booked to travel on 13th Feb. Her sponsor mailed her yesterday to inform her that if she does not arrive UK on or before 9th her Visa will be cancelled. Says start date on CoS is 15th Jan.
Issue is flight's been paid for and all.
Please I need closure on this
That's because visa expires after a month
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jogs1999(m): 9:20pm On Jul 07
@advanceDNA and other gurus,
On my friends CoS, the resumption time by the employer is 27th of July,2027.When he filled his visa form, he inputted 20th of August as his travel date.Hope this is not going to affect the decision process of his application considering that he got a non straight forward application email from UKVI on Friday.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by kumbhuru: 9:28pm On Jul 07
jogs1999:
On my friends CoS, the resumption time by the employer is 27th of July,2027.When he filled his visa form, he inputted 20th of August as his travel date.Hope this is not going to affect the decision process of his application considering that he got a non straight forward application email from UKVI on Friday.

Whats a non straight forward application?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by kumbhuru: 9:30pm On Jul 07
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jogs1999(m): 9:33pm On Jul 07
kumbhuru:

My start date on cos is July 5 and I put arrival as July 9 on the form. I captured on July 5 and awaiting response. I just hope it won't be an issue
k
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Otokitifunmi(f): 11:29pm On Jul 07
[quote author=RefKing post=130584390]Greetings,

I applied for my child dependent visa on Friday, The DMC received application on Wednesday and Visa was granted on Thursday.

Please can anyone guide me on how to book flight ticket for a child below 12years as no one will accompany him.

Thanks..[/quote

Check Qatar airways, my children aged 11years and 6 travelled to the uk unaccompanied through Qatar Airways
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 11:34pm On Jul 07
jogs1999:

Why is ur friend flying in August when his resumption is in July...??
Anyway.....as long as employer is aware.. the only small issue ur friend might have is questioning at border control....
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by kumbhuru: 6:48am On Jul 08
jogs1999:
Good afternoon house,
My friend got his CoS today and they misspelt his middle name.Instead of Olufemi, they wrote Clafemi.Should he still proceed with his visa application?
Have they corrected it?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jogs1999(m): 8:27am On Jul 08
advanceDNA:

Why is ur friend flying in August when his resumption is in July...??
Anyway.....as long as employer is aware.. the only small issue ur friend might have is questioning at border control....
Thanks very much for your response...Despite filling travel date as August 20, is it possible to fly before then.According to him, he made a mistake by inputting August 20 instead of July 20....What if he sends a paid mail to ukvi notifying them of the error.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emmylamba: 8:52am On Jul 08
Good day everyone pls I nid ure help am a barber here in Nigeria .is it possible for me to apply for sponsorship barber jobs in the UK .thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 9:49am On Jul 08
jogs1999:

Thanks very much for your response...Despite filling travel date as August 20, is it possible to fly before then.According to him, he made a mistake by inputting August 20 instead of July 20....What if he sends a paid mail to ukvi notifying them of the error.

Once the visa is out he can fly when he wants
No need of paid mail.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (Reply)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

Viewing this topic: Edaj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.