Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,021 members, 7,949,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 10:35 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (619) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (935891 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by alakara(m): 2:59pm On Aug 11
NezzyWozzy:
Hello Everyone,

Please how una dey get job offers with visa sponsorship? Where should I apply? Who is giving COS with maintenance?
My work background is in banking and finance.
I also have healthcare assistant/ Care work experience from UK. (During my PSW days 2011 -2014) Before I left the UK.

Or will it be better to apply for PhD study to be able to take my kids as dependants?

I don't think PhD is free in youkay but if you apply for it, you'll be able to take your kids.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Autophys1: 10:01am On Aug 12
Hello Everyone, thank you for the great tips this platform gives.
Please can anyone help me with the format of a letter to write to the TV licensing agency.
I have a TV, but I do not watch any live programmes.
I do not intend to pay the TV licensing fee.
Please help.
Thank you.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by makazona(m): 12:02am On Aug 13
Wisdom7400:

Thank you. We got offers to pay 12k some say dem wan give us uk ordinary skilled worker cos that is not even on shortage occupation list. E better say i pay for care cos 12k than to go for free of that one talk more of the paid one. The money no dey sef to even pay for any cos. Was left with the option of free cos or back to Nigeria. Gracefully we got one without a dime. As im typing this thing, I only spent 784 for main applicant, 284 for me x2 kids. Chikina!

Wow. I love to hear things like this. Blessed be God. How come you paid 784 for main applicant? Instead of 284?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by makazona(m): 12:44am On Aug 13
Wisdom7400:
UPDATE on Visa switch within the uk after curtailment
After a year plus in the uk with an unreliable employer that brought us in. No shifts, excuses, pregnancy redundancy etc. sought for cos for over a year and we no see. Decided to back down. Shockingly the employer curtailed our leaved without prior information. Para entered body as we have kids, properties etc. the day the we got the email from home office with 4 attachments of the curtailment letters, I was shocked, couldn't work, lost hope felt like my life has been cut short.
I came back home and told my wife that we MUST get cos within 7days if we apply the same strategy we used when we got from Nigeria. We swung into action, met a solicitor in London, that one too carry more para join our existing para say make we use our uk born baby get papers bla bla bla. I went through all the immigration laws, council website, citizen advice and even found out a help on it for displaced carers etc. from same website, it took me to another website that showed licenced health and care employers in the uk only. I had to add some tech skills in my search, applying to every part of uk from England to northern Ireland to Scotland to wales and gracefully I got this employer that is leaving 30 mins walk away from us, listened to our story, had interview and gave offer followed by a cos without a dime. Infact we told the employer we would pay isc after it was assigned, employer no gree I started suspecting the COS sef. All of these happened within 5 days. The employer assigned the cos and kept quiet. After like 3 more days we asked the employer about the way forward and employer said it has been done. We said ah ah, send us the document naaa, boom email entered and it was it. Employer hasn't done it before and we appeared to be the first to be assigned by the company, lots of mistakes including sub category, work duration (1 year then corrected to 3 years) and missing ISC charge. Sponsor note was added and we applied with priority as our 60 days is already counting down. Then emailed isc admin and business helpdesk including work sponsor team concerning the isc error and the payment ref that was made after the error. They acknowledged the email within 24 and telling us they have returned our application to case work and Within another 24 hours case worker approved it. Its been about 17days from the time of curtailment to successful application. From the time of visa application to approval was just 3 days with priority and id app identity check.
I am happy to share this post.
I hope this answers some people's question here on NL.

If you don't mind. what you called visa switch, is it same visa update or extension? @AdvanceDNA and others.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 1:51pm On Aug 13
makazona:

If you don't mind. what you called visa switch, is it same visa update or extension? .

Same thing
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Shawarmagirl: 8:35pm On Aug 13
Omor, it seems UK hardly give Cos now for Caregiver jobs. I have been looking for Cos for my sister (last born) to come over, but none is coming forth. The one we got, it's genuine but no work for her if she comes and is £13k. I decline the offer. I have been applying for her here in care homes, she has attended health and social care training in Nigeria and got their certificate. She have B.Sc Business Administration and PGDE. so I told her to go register for TRCN exam let's see if she'll come true teaching routes or caregiver. I'm in dear need of Cos for her. Need her to leave Nigeria before December. Any assistance or suggestions will be welcome.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Wisdom7400(m): 9:34pm On Aug 13
makazona:

Wow. I love to hear things like this. Blessed be God. How come you paid 784 for main applicant? Instead of 284?
Priority was £500

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Wisdom7400(m): 9:34pm On Aug 13
makazona:

If you don't mind. what you called visa switch, is it same visa update or extension? @AdvanceDNA and others.
Still an update however by switching i meant we changed employers
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ajalalomo: 1:38pm On Aug 14
joeyrayroy:
Good afternoon Travelanders

I got a COS for skilled worker visa(maintenance ticked), and my start date is 29th July..My intended date of arrival ( 24th july) already passed and I am still yet to get a decision on my application.

I had one refusal last year which I appealed for successfully.

The only comma in my application was the IELTS TRF which I didn't submit and also didn't upload..I mistakenly stated that I had submit my IELTS result in a previous application, whereas I didn't..(My IELTS is valid and the grades are good for my profession.)

What could be the reason for the delay..a friend who applied with his wife got their decision within 72hrs

Any update from UkVI yet?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by IkpemhiTG(m): 4:37pm On Aug 15
Who knows anything about accessing public funds in the UK. As a dependant If you did a course and the amount spent was paid back to you by your local council is that public funds?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by makazona(m): 5:41am On Aug 16
advanceDNA:

Same thing

Thanks Bro. Many people wish you well bcz of your guidance here. I am one of them.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by makazona(m): 5:43am On Aug 16
Wisdom7400:

Still an update however by switching i meant we changed employers

Ok. Cz my guy is changing employer too and is confused with the "switch" thingy. I guess he will be better off with "update visa". Yeah?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by makazona(m): 5:50am On Aug 16
Wisdom7400:

Priority was £500

I see. UK matter get better para o but God run am for you. Congratulations once again.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 7:26am On Aug 16
makazona:

Thanks Bro. Many people wish you well bcz of your guidance here. I am one of them.

👍👍👍👍👍👍
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by makazona(m): 11:24pm On Aug 16
Hello Guys, Is this 28 day rule for POF still a big isssue? I mean must you wait till 28days before submission?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jj17cv(m): 8:54pm On Aug 17
Sure you must wait for 28day
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by makazona(m): 7:20am On Aug 18
jj17cv:
Sure you must wait for 28day

Thanks alot. That sounds like a long time o. Hope the company will understand and be patient too.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by roak: 8:27am On Aug 18
Glad your story had a happy ending.

Any decent employer shouldn't ask you to pay for COS. Those that do, its all a part of racketeering - which the home office has started clamping down on.

Top employers do not ask for payment of COS.

makazona:

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by abuhusna1: 1:03pm On Aug 18
DANIREM:
Hi Everyone

Please I need your input I just got my NHS COS that cover my dependants.Before getting the COS I and my wife switched to graduate visa and I could not apply for my children due to high cost of IHS.

Now I can't confirm their identity while filling the visa application(for the recent NHS COS visa application) because of the expired BRP.
Please I need your assistance. What can I do?
Get a solicitor involved you will get a conflicting opinion here

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by abuhusna1: 1:05pm On Aug 18
lightofjoy:
Please I need to make this clarification or if anyone has even experienced this:
when a skilled worker (with dependants) changes to a dependent visa, what happens to the dependant when she was on the skilled worker.

She's now a dependent to her partner. So the question is, what happens to the dependant (children) who are her dependent when she was on the skilled worker.

The husband got a skilled worker visa, so she
switched to his dependant but the children who was her dependent when she has the skilled worker visa still have a long time on their visa.

Do the children need to change their visa (since the skilled worker holder is now dependent of the partner).
You already know wveeh9ne has to change to new dependant. If to say your wife changed job only her switch but now she is no longer main applicant
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ajalalomo: 3:53pm On Aug 20
Wisdom7400:

Priority was £500

People get money o
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Chigboz(m): 4:43pm On Aug 20
Hi, Dear
You can conceal the TV Licence.
Once they send you any email, respond to that email that you are not in need of the Licence and wish they stop sending you the message and they will stop.
That was what i did.
Thanks

Autophys1:
Hello Everyone, thank you for the great tips this platform gives.
Please can anyone help me with the format of a letter to write to the TV licensing agency.
I have a TV, but I do not watch any live programmes.
I do not intend to pay the TV licensing fee.
Please help.
Thank you.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Chigboz(m): 4:48pm On Aug 20
If you are already with Health and care visa, i advice you only switch your sponsor to the same visa category. Once you switch to other category, your visa/ number of years spent in the UK will start from Zero which will elongate your ILR.
I advice you should go for Health and social care Level 3 NVQ, Ofqual regulated. Once you have it, then you can even switch to NHS. Make sure it is Ofqual regulated.
I did my online in One centre in Nigeria as UK centres are too expensive.
Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Chigboz(m): 4:54pm On Aug 20
A nice idea but most Alison Health and Social Care are not NVQ but CPD. They are not Ofqual regulated.
I advice him to go for Health and social care Level 3 NVQ, Ofqual regulated. Once you have it, then you can even switch to NHS. Make sure it is Ofqual regulated.
I did mine online in One centre in Nigeria as UK centres are too expensive.
Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Chigboz(m): 5:20pm On Aug 20
Hello,
you need to do you due diligence. Qualifi is actually an Ofqual awarding Body but you need to verify Inspire London college is they are approved centre by qualifi.
Most Approved Qualifi courses in the UK are too expensive. I will advice you do it with Centres outside the UK or better do it with Nigerian approved centres since they are very cheap to company other centres.
Thanks

Moregoody:
Please I need an answer as quick as possible,
Since lptc is no longer issuing level 2&3 diploma in health and social care, therefore I wouldn’t want to spend money and not get what I paid for. So I’m asking, has anyone done a level diploma 3 in health and social care with inspire London college limited? (From reed) It’s said that is
Awarded by Qualifi Ltd
Regulated by Ofqual
Also must I do level 2 diploma in health and social before I enroll in level 3 ??
Note: I already have diploma in caregiving Alison
And the 15 care standards cert from Florence.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by eniboi(m): 7:48pm On Aug 20
Boss what are the documents you submitted with new switch cos to the home office , pls can you give an update . Thanks

Wisdom7400:
UPDATE on Visa switch within the uk after curtailment
After a year plus in the uk with an unreliable employer that brought us in. No shifts, excuses, pregnancy redundancy etc. sought for cos for over a year and we no see. Decided to back down. Shockingly the employer curtailed our leaved without prior information. Para entered body as we have kids, properties etc. the day the we got the email from home office with 4 attachments of the curtailment letters, I was shocked, couldn't work, lost hope felt like my life has been cut short.
I came back home and told my wife that we MUST get cos within 7days if we apply the same strategy we used when we got from Nigeria. We swung into action, met a solicitor in London, that one too carry more para join our existing para say make we use our uk born baby get papers bla bla bla. I went through all the immigration laws, council website, citizen advice and even found out a help on it for displaced carers etc. from same website, it took me to another website that showed licenced health and care employers in the uk only. I had to add some tech skills in my search, applying to every part of uk from England to northern Ireland to Scotland to wales and gracefully I got this employer that is leaving 30 mins walk away from us, listened to our story, had interview and gave offer followed by a cos without a dime. Infact we told the employer we would pay isc after it was assigned, employer no gree I started suspecting the COS sef. All of these happened within 5 days. The employer assigned the cos and kept quiet. After like 3 more days we asked the employer about the way forward and employer said it has been done. We said ah ah, send us the document naaa, boom email entered and it was it. Employer hasn't done it before and we appeared to be the first to be assigned by the company, lots of mistakes including sub category, work duration (1 year then corrected to 3 years) and missing ISC charge. Sponsor note was added and we applied with priority as our 60 days is already counting down. Then emailed isc admin and business helpdesk including work sponsor team concerning the isc error and the payment ref that was made after the error. They acknowledged the email within 24 and telling us they have returned our application to case work and Within another 24 hours case worker approved it. Its been about 17days from the time of curtailment to successful application. From the time of visa application to approval was just 3 days with priority and id app identity check.
I am happy to share this post.
I hope this answers some people's question here on NL.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Chigboz(m): 8:51pm On Aug 20
Dear, let her take NVQ level 3 certificate. Make sure it is an Ofqual regulated one and you will get her COS. secondly, if you want her via Health and care route. Let her also take phlebotomy certification or Clinical/medical Assistant as an addon.
For sure, she will. Also do not neglect to get a good professional profiling to be added to her CV. She can go for the NVQ in Nigeria
Thanks

Shawarmagirl:
Omor, it seems UK hardly give Cos now for Caregiver jobs. I have been looking for Cos for my sister (last born) to come over, but none is coming forth. The one we got, it's genuine but no work for her if she comes and is £13k. I decline the offer. I have been applying for her here in care homes, she has attended health and social care training in Nigeria and got their certificate. She have B.Sc Business Administration and PGDE. so I told her to go register for TRCN exam let's see if she'll come true teaching routes or caregiver. I'm in dear need of Cos for her. Need her to leave Nigeria before December. Any assistance or suggestions will be welcome.

(1) (2) (3) ... (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: makazona(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.