Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,883 members, 7,931,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 03:50 PM

My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. (54537 Views)

What's The Naughtiest Thing You've Mistakenly Done With A Girl During Romance?? / She Always Do This During Romance But Claims Virgin / When She Says Stop During Romance. What Do U Do??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by DaddyBen009: 10:14am On Sep 16, 2021
Since ur neighbor is chronic liar and he’s surely going to deny it. I will teach you how to catch him but the sad thing about it is that you shouldn’t expect him to repair the tv, though he might choose to, u shouldn’t be disappointed if he doesn’t offer to assist in repairing it.
How to have him subtly tell you if he knew about ur damaged TV:

Confront him that did he know if he damaged ur TV when he came to use ur apartment, unless he doesn’t deny I will say he doesn’t know.
However, ask him again “maybe when he came it got damaged.” He will say “maybe when I came but i didn’t know/notice.”

You have caught him but did he take responsibility,NO.

That’s why he lies.
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by Candycrushy(f): 10:18am On Sep 16, 2021
Mmadu2:
I bought a smart TV and everyone knows how costly a smart TV is these days. I have good relationship with my next door neighbor but though he's a very nice guy but he has a flaw which is that he lies a lot. He's single.

He had a small get together in his mini flat so he begged to use my sitting room cos its bigger. I let him and went about my job.

I rarely watch my TV cos I'm very busy with work and come back late tired, eat, shower, browse and sleep. So it was only a week later that I finally got the chance to switch on my TV and behold its damaged and can't display anymore. I never allowed anyone in my sitting room except the day my neighbor used it which is a week ago. I also live alone for a month now and never had visitors of any kind.

I'm filled with madness but don't know exactly how to confront him since he codedly never told me. My main worry is that he will outrightly lie and deny it even if I confront him.

What would you do in my situation??

Jif its repairable, do it
Just try ignore and move on
You already have a reason to say no incase of a next time
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by 24brains(m): 10:18am On Sep 16, 2021
Lightorder:
off point
i only judged by the headline. I never took time to read the main article.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by bigcee(m): 10:18am On Sep 16, 2021
Mmadu2:
Oga, when will you learn to stand up for yourself and stop being a wimp. Go and confront him. Seriously, no be everything you go let go. People like your neighbour will continue to take advantage of you. Na man you be oh

Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by godliman: 10:20am On Sep 16, 2021
How is this romantic sir, cause it appeared under romance section. Now to the point, politely ask your friend whether he observed any fault with your TV because it isn't working since he used your room. If he denies, walk away and carry your cross. The God who gave you the money to buy it will give you the funds to repair or fix it.
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by SocialJustice: 10:20am On Sep 16, 2021
Mmadu2:
I bought a smart TV and everyone knows how costly a smart TV is these days. I have good relationship with my next door neighbor but though he's a very nice guy but he has a flaw which is that he lies a lot. He's single.

He had a small get together in his mini flat so he begged to use my sitting room cos its bigger. I let him and went about my job.

I rarely watch my TV cos I'm very busy with work and come back late tired, eat, shower, browse and sleep. So it was only a week later that I finally got the chance to switch on my TV and behold its damaged and can't display anymore. I never allowed anyone in my sitting room except the day my neighbor used it which is a week ago. I also live alone for a month now and never had visitors of any kind.

I'm filled with madness but don't know exactly how to confront him since he codedly never told me. My main worry is that he will outrightly lie and deny it even if I confront him.

Just repair your TV and move on. What were you thinking
or expecting giving your house to a lying neighbour to party in? And know in time, he'll be back to keep his lie going.
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by unbreak: 10:21am On Sep 16, 2021
My dear, whenever u notice that this ur neighbor is around, just let him know that ur new smart TV suddenly developed fault,.normal discussion and end it there, go and fix ur TV and don't leave ur house for strangers when u will not be around..Note don't accuse ur neighbor, don't confront him.
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by Paulianfa(m): 10:22am On Sep 16, 2021
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm calm down bro.
Ignore him, behave as if nothing happened, just fine money repair ur TV, I surely believe conscience will not let him be and he will never come close again, nor to seek for anything of such again.
Be wise...
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 16, 2021
EmptyGarden:

I once travelled for 3 months and came back to a dead tv that was working perfectly before I left. No one had access to the apartment while I was away, and I remembered to disconnect power before I left..... So, how did it happen? Well, it was struck by thunder because it was still plugged in. I quietly fixed it. A million things could happen to appliances just like that, even at the point of you turning the tv on. My guess is, he may not be responsible for any damage done to your tv, just go about fixing it quietly.
This happened to me just 2 weeks ago. It rained heavily and thunder struck my compound, got home only to see my TV, laptop, DSTV all burnt! Like literally burnt, you could see the black soot.
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by Lacash: 10:24am On Sep 16, 2021
Mmadu2:

You can still get it fixed man, it may be you some other time.
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by Nwakannaya1: 10:27am On Sep 16, 2021
Like many have told you, you can't trust electronics these days!

Call him into your house that you don't understand what your TV is doing, he should come and help you. Study every facial expression and reaction. Then try asking him whether the TV worked the day he had get together. Listen and know whether he used it at all.

There are chances he didn't spoil anything, I do not see how a TV on a stand or wall can be damaged by an adult in right senses. I don't know for others, but when there is get together, it is music that is usually played. Just sound system needed!

You didn't also tell us the name of this smart TV, it may be that some of us may had had issues with the brand. Lastly, if you leave your TV in the socket, anything can happen any time.

Even if a guy lies a lot, there is an extent you know it doesn't get to, for this reason you have tolerated him as a neighbour, so, give him the benefit of doubt by considering him innocent until proven guilty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by harmargedon: 10:27am On Sep 16, 2021
Mmadu2:

a pic of the display will help us know if it's bad or not.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by yetunsbay(m): 10:28am On Sep 16, 2021
Whether its him or not. Ideally no need to confront him,find money to repair. Verily, offering such helpful service won't get next time.
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by KosyJerry(m): 10:29am On Sep 16, 2021
Just go replace the screen. If that's what affected. You can tell him for formality sake but have in mind he might not want to admit. Now, you have learnt a tough lesson. We keep learning everyday... We moveee
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by Reference(m): 10:30am On Sep 16, 2021
Mmadu2:

Can expiry cause a Smart Tv to suddenly go bad.

It is possible for damage to occur from a power surge or fluctuation if you habitually leave the device on standby without adequate power management/protection devices.

Take it for analysis. The kind of damage will determine what or who caused it.
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by BarrElChapo(m): 10:31am On Sep 16, 2021
Casually put it to him why didn't he tell you that he got the tv spoilt na, that you could have quickly had it repaired and you know it's not good to keep electronics that are bad for long without repair.

If he tells the truth fine, if he doesn't then learn your lesson put him in his place forever and move on.
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by rollex4ever: 10:32am On Sep 16, 2021
femi4:
Are you afraid of him? Man up and confront him. This is not the time of "suffering and smiling"

With this identification, I doubt if it was damaged by your Neighbour...mine also developed the same fault but it was after about two years of using it...without any physical pressure on it...
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by Abunga: 10:32am On Sep 16, 2021
Subtly tell him that you have waited for him to fix the television he spoiled but to no avail
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by filey: 10:33am On Sep 16, 2021
Go and asked you neighbor politely to see if he will admit that he's the one that spoil your TV, your neighbor might be afraid of telling you.
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by Reference(m): 10:36am On Sep 16, 2021
Viking07:
This happened to me just 2 weeks ago. It rained heavily and thunder struck my compound, got home only to see my TV, laptop, DSTV all burnt! Like literally burnt, you could see the black soot.

It is very common during the rainy season where lightning damage frequently occurs over the power system particularly on the older networks. Even in Abuja central where the network is relatively modern these things do happen and surges can jump across a whole host of safety devices including inverters for that matter.
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by chocboi78(m): 10:39am On Sep 16, 2021
Is there any physical sign of destruction on the TV?
If yes the confront him cause it got damaged during the party
But if no, then go and fix it yourself
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by Equity15(m): 10:41am On Sep 16, 2021
Same thing happened to me when I was serving. I stayed close to a university and had a friend in his finals then. He would use my room always when I go to PPA. Came back one day I saw my toilet was broken( it was this kinda toilet like a WC but lays flat on the ground). I was very angry then. I was like does this guy fvck in the toilet or what,m and even if he did, how did the toilet get damaged. I locked up and didn't ask him, expecting him to tell himself but didn't. I just simply turned down he next requests to use my room. There was a day he begged me so much that I finally gave in. Gave him the keys, he used it and returned it when I came back in the evening, then asked that he saw my toilet was broken, what happened. I was very angry and just told him wasn't he the one that broke it when he last used it? He denied. I just collected my keys and left.
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by Pofgrace(m): 10:44am On Sep 16, 2021
Mmadu2:

he didn't spoil your tv it might be that the backlight of your tv is damaged same thing happened to mine
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by Enskynelson(m): 10:46am On Sep 16, 2021
Mmadu2:

Was there thunder and lightning in your area during the said period? Your TV may have been damaged by thunder and not your neighbor. An adult cannot damage a TV by watching the TV.
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by kingemaker(m): 10:47am On Sep 16, 2021
IceColdVeins:

Look dont be in a haste to castigate your neighbor.
There are a lot of fake TVs out there now.
You use them for a few months and the screen goes blind. (Talking from experience)
Maybe a picture of the damage can help detect if there was an impact on the screen or the tv self destructed just like it was doomed to, from the very first day you bought it
Coupled with the fact that he hardly makes use of it
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by galuxidris(m): 10:50am On Sep 16, 2021
Earthstorms:

Did he damage the tv during romance?

I did not see the romance part in your story.
me seff oo
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by miketayo(m): 10:52am On Sep 16, 2021
CedarHoldings:
Maybe you bought china imitation smart tv, original tv hardly spoil like that.

Like how ? He doesn't even know how it stopped working
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by do4luv14(m): 10:53am On Sep 16, 2021
Mmadu2:

I totally know that. Reason why I came here to know if anyone has a witty trick that will work.

wait, let me understand something, since you bought it, have you ever switched it on before to watch any program
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by ezioyi(m): 10:54am On Sep 16, 2021
My friend you came here because you needed advice, right, take the tv to a work shop let them tell you the reason it stopped working after that you can confront him if you like or you can just keep quiet and never give him or any body key to your apartment forever. That guy maybe innocent, tvs don't easily get damaged except if there is a high impact even at that it might be lines or distorted of picture but not total blanking so be wise. Do as I have told you. I had the same experience, I flogged my kids only to be told that the cable was bad. I had to spend 5k on ice cream with remorse.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:55am On Sep 16, 2021
Just codedly asked him thus.. "guy so you damaged by tv set and didn't bother to tell me about it" this is one way to get ppl confuse to their crime
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by Minjim: 10:55am On Sep 16, 2021
lilvicky68:

You can't accuse without having evidence of him spoiling it..

He has circumstantial evidence.

Go confront that man. Tell him you just switched it on since when he last used it and it's not displaying.

Let's hear what he'll say.
Re: My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. by bigtt76(f): 10:56am On Sep 16, 2021
Was it a physical damage? Since you rarely used it, you can't say for sure if it worked on the day you handed over your sitting room to your neighbor. If there were a physical damage then you can hold him to it.

My advise, try to get your stuff repaired if you can and avoid an apparent confrontation with your neighbor if you can.

Mmadu2:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Mates Fall For Same Woman On Holiday And Both Decide To Date Her (Photos) / Am 18 And Am In Love With A 30yrs Guy / 26-Year-Old Jasmin Sells Her Virginity To Hollywood Actor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.