Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,071 members, 7,949,682 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 04:11 PM

The Craze Around White Weddings - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Craze Around White Weddings (378 Views)

My Male Cousin Is Always Taking Photos Around White People In Canada / White Weddings And MouthAction Is Never A Part Of African Culture ! / Nigerian Men And The Craze To Marry Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Craze Around White Weddings by TMTR: 1:09pm On Sep 16, 2021
When I say that the black people, I mean Africans were thoroughly and absolutely colonised by the west , people tend to downlplay the whole thing.....

Now tell me how can you explain that people do their wedding according to the traditions and customs of our land and forefathers but they don't feel married or live as husband and wife till they do the white wedding, mehn it's ridiculous and absurd..

I read a story about a girl who got married traditionally but the white wedding was in few weeks time and the girl refused her husband from touching her till the white wedding is done which I see as foolishness on the part of the girl, the poor man tried all he could to touch the woman he paid her bride prize and married traditionally but he met a brick wall in all his attempts till one early morning that he tried again and he almost succeeded , he was about penetrating her when she kicked his balls so hard that he screamed very loud which attracted his family members around and neighbors.

Well that was the end of the marriage and what was her reason for not allowing her husband to touch her her foolish reason was " we have not done white wedding" can you imagine

Now let me ask you all a question, have you ever seen the whites doing our own African traditional wedding after doing their white wedding ,then why is that Africans don't feel married till they do white weddings which is also the traditional wedding of the whites, oh damn.

Africans were not the only ones colonized but it seems that we were not only colonized, we were also brainwashed into thinking that our customs, culture and traditions were evil while theirs was good. For goodness sake , the Chinese(not formally though), Indians were also colonized but that did not make them abadon their culture in anyway, they still practice and take pride in their culture.They don't do white weddings after their traditional weddings is done. Then what is now wrong with Africans , is it the centuries that the blacks were subjected to slavery that is the reason, Mehn blacks were thoroughly colonized mentally, psychologically, physically (as evident in the way we dress and want to look like the whites) ,in fact the blacks were totally colonized 100% and it will take a long time for that to change.

Africans, take pride in your culture, in your hair (stop using all those chemicals to distroy it to make it curl like the whites) in your dresses and everything. Go to the British museum and some part of West , you will see African artifacts that was looted during the colonial era making millions for them, what does that tell you??

Finally, once you are traditionally married according to our customs and traditions , you are officially married, please don't wait or feel till white wedding, you can't leave as husband and wife. And for those that want to travel abroad or for other official purpose , you can add court weddings to it only for official purpose but once you are traditionally married, you are married...

And to also add , my elder sister only did a traditional wedding, no white weddings and all those bullshit , now she is now happily married with no issues whatsoever so I don't know the fuss about white weddings...

Africans please take pride in your customs and traditions, it's your only identity, how I wish you all know how important that is .......

1 Like

Re: The Craze Around White Weddings by Sonnobax15(m): 1:15pm On Sep 16, 2021
lipsrsealed
Op, you're a wise man.......

No matter how religious you may tend to be,you can't be more catholic than the pope himself....That is to say we can't be more western than the whites.....Till tomorrow,the greatest colonial master of an average black man is in his head(his mentality)....... Weddings of nowadays are more UNafrican than the ones we used to experience when we were younger....
Re: The Craze Around White Weddings by JimmyDarmody: 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2021
You have made a spectacular point. However you must understand that white weddings are also known as church or Christian weddings. To the woman, the traditional wedding was done to make people happy. To the husband, the church wedding will be done to make people happy cos as far as he is concerned, he married her already.

When it comes to the religious affairs of an individual, you must proceed with caution even when you are of thesame religion. People have the capacity to become violent just to protect their beliefs. She violently attacked his balls which could have rendered him impotent for life. Some die to do this (martyrs) while others kill(soldiers of their god) to achieve thesame aim.

They were right to part ways because it is obvious they do not share thesame values. If they had gotten married, it would have been a disaster, prison or hell as some have termed marriage these days.
Re: The Craze Around White Weddings by TMTR: 1:38pm On Sep 16, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Op, you're a wise man.......

No matter how religious you may tend to be,you can't be more catholic than the pope himself....That is to say we can't be more western than the whites.....Till tomorrow,the greatest colonial master of an average black man is in his head(his mentality)....... Weddings of nowadays are more UNafrican than the ones we used to experience when we were younger....

we were not the only ones colonized ooo, the Indians and Chinese (to some extent) was also colonized but that did not make them to look down on their culture the way Africans do

Mehn it's so pathetic
Re: The Craze Around White Weddings by NaijirianKing: 2:06pm On Sep 16, 2021
White weddings should be just a formality, it is up to the man to enforce this.
Re: The Craze Around White Weddings by TMTR: 2:19pm On Sep 16, 2021
NaijirianKing:
White weddings should be just a formality, it is up to the man to enforce this. The man is the head.

Which nonsense formality, do you see the whites doing our own African traditional wedding as formality , then why then do we now do their own traditional wedding as a formality or don't you know that white wedding is the west's traditional wedding
Re: The Craze Around White Weddings by TMTR: 3:19pm On Sep 16, 2021
JimmyDarmody:
You have made a spectacular point. However you must understand that white weddings are also known as church or Christian weddings. To the woman, the traditional wedding was done to make people happy. To the husband, the church wedding will be done to make people happy cos as far as he is concerned, he married her already.

When it comes to the religious affairs of an individual, you must proceed with caution even when you are of thesame religion. People have the capacity to become violent just to protect their beliefs. She violently attacked his balls which could have rendered him impotent for life. Some die to do this (martyrs) while others kill(soldiers of their god) to achieve thesame aim.

They were right to part ways because it is obvious they do not share thesame values. If they had gotten married, it would have been a disaster, prison or hell as some have termed marriage these days.

That's the problem of nowadays Christians BTW, the so called church wedding is not even biblical, that is to say that the christianity Africans practice is the adulterated version because most Africans don't read their bibles to begin with.

(1) (Reply)

Does His Size Matter? Ft. Our Friends | On The Spot | Part 2 / Honestly Sex Is Not Worth Missing Heaven / Please Someone Should Help Me Oh I'm Losing My Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.