Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,391 members, 7,881,424 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:13 PM

Jigawa State Govt Bans Daily Trust Newspaper - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jigawa State Govt Bans Daily Trust Newspaper (34675 Views)

IGP Arase, Obi, Ahmed, Others May Be Sacked- Daily Trust / Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust / Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jigawa State Govt Bans Daily Trust Newspaper by Beaf: 10:26pm On May 26, 2011
okunoba:

@Beaf, I guess you don`t believe in press freedom. The only newspapers allowed by beaf must be pro christians and southerners. The muslim north need a voice just like the christian south. Press freedom is one of the most important aspect of modern day democracy, some of us just don`t know the meaning of that word and what it entails.

Keep away from airy talk.
I am not even a Christian, so how can I be biased towards the Christian press? A lot of the time people make incredible assumptions about others and then go on to make even more outrageous claims based on their faulty assumptions.

Daily trust is a rightwing paper with a "born to rule" ideology that has helped no end to nurture tensions and distrust between North and South.
There is nothing wrong with banning a reporter who creates news rather than simply report it; that is what the reporter in question is accused of.
Maybe you see press freedom as being the same as artistic lisence. It ain't.
Re: Jigawa State Govt Bans Daily Trust Newspaper by goggs(m): 10:27pm On May 26, 2011
Waiting for a governor to ban THISDAY or PUNCH and we'll wait to see what those in support of Lamido will say.

Very silly move by the Governor, he could have hired a good press team and get them to work, countering any negative report with facts and if he wants to play dirty, he could sell Daily Trust some dummies on Jigawa and let them thoroughly embarrass themselves so much that any news they carry on jigawa will be taken with a pinch of salt ( remember the dummy that Daily Trust  bought that Jonathan wants to relocate the Nigerian Capital from Abuja to Lagos? That was the worst of Dailytrust)

Lamido has lost it
Re: Jigawa State Govt Bans Daily Trust Newspaper by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 26, 2011
dayokanu:

And most ppl who are commending Lamido complained when Abacha did a similar thing to TELL and other magazines.

Surely Nigerians are the biggest hypocrite. If a Governor bans thisDay the same ppl commending Lamido would switch stance

Beaf accused buhari of being a tyrant based on issues bordering on press freedom. Now he is commending Lamido for committing similar act.

Soon other governors will tow similar line and barn any newspaper that doesn't praise them to high heavens.

RIP FOI Bill cause Nigerians are not yet ready for you.
Re: Jigawa State Govt Bans Daily Trust Newspaper by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 26, 2011
Cos of the massive fraud, manipulation and deep level of insincerity from every corner, it has become so hard to judge who's wrong in Nigeria these days. So hard! undecided
Re: Jigawa State Govt Bans Daily Trust Newspaper by Sagamite(m): 11:29pm On May 26, 2011
Arrowman:

those saying he has no right are getting it all wrong.im 4rm south but lived all my life in north.2 be sincere daily trust are sometimes sentiment by their publishes.just take a good look about may 25 paper of dt.check d page of say your view about GEJ inviting his opposition 2 d innaugural ceremony that is Muhammdu Buhari.and u would c dat dt has not done right by publishing some of d offensive words roard on GEJ by my brothers in d north. so so bad

Fck Lawd!

You need to polish up your English (or is it your writing). I could not, for the life of me, figure out what the fck you are trying to say. undecided
Re: Jigawa State Govt Bans Daily Trust Newspaper by texazzpete(m): 11:36pm On May 26, 2011
Arrowman:

those saying he has no right are getting it all wrong.im 4rm south but lived all my life in north.2 be sincere daily trust are sometimes sentiment by their publishes.just take a good look about may 25 paper of dt.check d page of say your view about GEJ inviting his opposition 2 d innaugural ceremony that is Muhammdu Buhari.and u would c dat dt has not done right by publishing some of d offensive words roard on GEJ by my brothers in d north. so so bad

Please post your address here so we can send you our old copies of "Brighter Grammar" and 'Ali and Simbi'.
Re: Jigawa State Govt Bans Daily Trust Newspaper by amirize(m): 3:41am On May 27, 2011
Wonderful democracy in Nigeria
Re: Jigawa State Govt Bans Daily Trust Newspaper by 702: 8:37am On May 27, 2011
amirize:

Wonderful democracy in Nigeria, The media in U.S makes all sorts of report concerning
Obama, the president and he doesn't ban them. The media is so free to talk here
about anything, even make jokes on tv concerning anyone, No banning but
state government in Nigeria has useless right to ban his big head. Nonsense!

yeah, dont mind us jare we still @teethin stage!
Re: Jigawa State Govt Bans Daily Trust Newspaper by Texther(m): 11:17am On May 27, 2011
amirize:

Wonderful democracy in Nigeria, The media in U.S makes all sorts of report concerning
Obama, the president and he doesn't ban them. The media is so free to talk here
about anything, even make jokes on tv concerning anyone, No banning but
state government in Nigeria has useless right to ban his big head. Nonsense!
Help me tell them oo
Re: Jigawa State Govt Bans Daily Trust Newspaper by Osama44(m): 11:44am On May 27, 2011
DAILY TRUST NEWSPAPER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOV. LAMIDO IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT IN BANNING THE PRO-TALIBAN REPORTER FROM COVERING HIS ACTIVITIES. WAS IT NOT THIS SAME DAILY TRUST THAT MISLED THE NATION DURING ITS TRYING TIMES UNDER TURAI YARADUA DICTATORSHIP THAT YARADUA IS DRINKING TEA, YARADUA IS PLAYING LAWN TENNIS,ETC grin grin grin
THIS NEWSPAPER'S BIAS KNEW NO BOUNDARIES AT ALL. JUST TAKE A LOOK AT ITS REPORTAGE OF THE CRISES IN JOS AND THE KAFANCHAN RIOTS.
Re: Jigawa State Govt Bans Daily Trust Newspaper by Ultrame(m): 1:33pm On May 27, 2011
Arrowman:

Hmmm! Master!!! Na u win the argument.

But, abeg wait first, make i carry my kaya commot for here!!! before you crash the whole nairaland.
Re: Jigawa State Govt Bans Daily Trust Newspaper by rogerbyy: 9:54am On Jul 23, 2016
Avast antivirus free download:Do you know that your phone should be protected, monitored and prevented against threat just the way you protect and keep eye on your bank account, protect your phone from hacking, phinshin and other bad practices
+
+
+
Special features of iPhone:Do you think iPhone is for the biggest guys? You're wrong. IPhone is just like your android phone. Get the features of the latest released iPhone or any android
+
+
+

Free wifi calling app for android phone:Cellular call is getting outdated,you can now make call with your data connection and WiFi network without any cost
+
+
+

Free ad blocking software[/b]Sometimes you get disturbed about pop up ads on the applications you installed on your phone. It is most painful if it's an app you love and use frequently. Now, block those ads and stop shit

+
+
+

[b]Android app store free
:Want to know more about your android phone, its store which is the biggest online store on the internet. Learn the pros and cons of app store
+
+
+

mobile app development tools open source:You should not see any big deal in phone apps,you can develop your own app with free app building interface. Turn your ideas or business into app within few minutes and get popular by showcasing your works to friends and internet users
+
+
+

cost of mobile app development:Are you dreaming to build application for android or iPhone and you don't know what it entails.Get in

+
+
+

Best App building software free:Selection of the best app development software that professionals use to develop android and iPhone apps

+
+
+

wifi international calling app:Call friends and families free with WiFi calling. You can call local number and international number without paying a kobo. The following apps will get it done
+
+
+

Charging mobile phone with fire]:Technology is advancing day by day. We were taught in secondary schools different forms of energy; Now you can convert heat energy of burning fire to electric energy and charge your phone without depending on electricity

Free calling and texting app for android:Call and send text messages to anyone in anywhere they may are. Save yourself from expensive call charges

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stella Oduah, Kicked Out Of Anambra Senate Contest / Ahmad Salkida, Journalist Wanted By Army, Who Knows Boko Haram Inside Out / Governor Aminu Masari Visits Tinubu In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.