Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,291 members, 7,971,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 08:43 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (897297 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 12:57am On Jan 02, 2014
Capt. JH Miller:
^^
The deadline to the application for the school is on 15th Jan.. I have been a member on thus thread for a while and came across a post some time that when you apply to uni.assist it takes 14days for them to do somthing.. and I don't have 14 days.

Even though u don insult me 4 dis thread, lemme just over-look it and share my contribution.
I actually applied to Uni-assist on the day of the University's deadline and still got admitted. I filled the form online, downloaded it after submitting it online and I sent it via inbox to my friend in Germany he did a rough signature and he took directly to Uni-assist' office and after a month, I got an admission letter from the school.
The thing is, University's deadline is not the same as uni-assist. Ur school's deadline may be Jan 15 but uni-assist deadline is different. What uni-assist means is that ur documents must arrive their office on or before ur school's deadline, that's all.
They have their own deadlines with partner Universities even if it takes 2 weeks to access ur document, that's not ur problem as long as u sent it on or before ur school's deadline. Just make sure u use a fast post mail like Dhl or Ems
Re: German Embassy And Visa by breezy3s: 2:13am On Jan 02, 2014
Hello aus, tnks a lot ogbeche for ur previous reply. Pls au long does It take nipost to deliver documents to germany?, nd also au can I certify My waec result cos I only have d computer printout. Can it be done @ d court or I ave to go to the embassy for dat?...tnks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 6:38am On Jan 02, 2014
Ogbeche77: my motivational letter was reviewed by a nairalander,he's very intelligent.. He's a popular nairalander as well.... But he's always very busy.. You can visit the USA visa thread, their are lots of gurus there as well who can assist..
Lucky you, this is the holiday season, they should be willing to help..
Thank you very much Ogbeche..God bless you real Good..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 02, 2014
breezy3's:
Hello aus, tnks a lot ogbeche for ur previous reply. Pls au long does It take nipost to deliver documents to germany?, nd also au can I certify My waec result cos I only have d computer printout. Can it be done @ d court or I ave to go to the embassy for dat?...tnks

Except your school deadline is months away, don't try sending with nipost, the documents I sent through Niost registered mail since october 2013 has still not gotten to it destination till today.. Use a private courier..
You can certify your waec at the court or embassy.. Nobody ll certify a printout for you, get your waec certificate.. But hope you know you can't secure admission with just your waec
result
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 02, 2014
emeka55:

Even though u don insult me 4 dis thread, lemme just over-look it and share my contribution.
I actually applied to Uni-assist on the day of the University's deadline and still got admitted. I filled the form online, downloaded it after submitting it online and I sent it via inbox to my friend in Germany he did a rough signature and he took directly to Uni-assist' office and after a month, I got an admission letter from the school.
The thing is, University's deadline is not the same as uni-assist. Ur school's deadline may be Jan 15 but uni-assist deadline is different. What uni-assist means is that ur documents must arrive their office on or before ur school's deadline, that's all.
They have their own deadlines with partner Universities even if it takes 2 weeks to access ur document, that's not ur problem as long as u sent it on or before ur school's deadline. Just make sure u use a fast post mail like Dhl or Ems
You no inform us oooo grin grin. Which school did you get admitted into and when are you resuming?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by chidiadi50: 7:34am On Jan 02, 2014
please house can u help on how i can apply for master to school in Germany please i need urgent reply please
Re: German Embassy And Visa by CaptJHMiller: 8:41am On Jan 02, 2014
emeka55:
Yeah, I know we had our differences.. but e don pass brother.. thanks for the info. God bless u.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 10:04am On Jan 02, 2014
Ogbeche77: You no inform us oooo grin grin. Which school did you get admitted into and when are you resuming?

Ah lol... E don tay na. I had admission from 4 Universities since last year winter sef: Bielefeld, Heilbron, Marburg and the one I told Captain about, Kassel. I deffered 2 of them and I already got 3 of the admission letters. I got my visa in December but I'll be here till March cos of work and na April my school dey resume. Make una no vex, I'm not very used to talking abt my success story but I'll be glad to share knowledge every way that I can.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by CaptJHMiller: 10:13am On Jan 02, 2014
dammymayor: Uni assist advices u apply 4 weeks to deadline. Incase ur application is incomplete. 10 days is nt advisable
Thanks bro, il still give it a shot..
Have u heard form SWF
Re: German Embassy And Visa by chidiadi50: 10:17am On Jan 02, 2014
emeka55: pls bro i want to apply to school in germany for any enginnering course for masters.but i dont know how to go about it online pls i need ur direction on what to do.

Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 10:28am On Jan 02, 2014
@ Chidiadi, I don't really know how to help u cos I didn't apply for Engineering. I think u should start from searching for schools online and then going through their websites on the application process. Also read through the thread a little
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 02, 2014
emeka55: @ Chidiadi, I don't really know how to help u cos I didn't apply for Engineering. I think u should start from searching for schools online and then going through their websites on the application process. Also read through the thread a little
congrats in arrears.. You no do well oooo.... U suppose share your interview experience and the likes now
Re: German Embassy And Visa by luckchild: 1:24pm On Jan 02, 2014
emeka55:

Ah lol... E don tay na. I had admission from 4 Universities since last year winter sef: Bielefeld, Heilbron, Marburg and the one I told Captain about, Kassel. I deffered 2 of them and I already got 3 of the admission letters. I got my visa in December but I'll be here till March cos of work and na April my school dey resume. Make una no vex, I'm not very used to talking abt my success story but I'll be glad to share knowledge every way that I can.

oga im happy for you o but you for tell us so other people like me go learn something out of ur success . if just tell us how the interview be like if it dey related to america embassy way of doing interview and you can share few interview question with us. god bless you.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 2:08pm On Jan 02, 2014
emeka55:

oga emeka congrats!.. Did u apply to all of dem via uniassist?
Daalu.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jaydeemourg: 3:30pm On Jan 02, 2014
Ogbeche77: you still don't get it do you? Did the sch in question makes it compulsory you apply through uni assist? If yes, gather you docs, pay up uni assist fee through bank transfer tomorrow and send your docs through fedex or dhl, I know a dude who applied through uni assist 5 days to deadline and still got admitted...
Please house,I need steps to be taken for application through uni-assist. Kindly responde with a comprehensive one
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 6:47pm On Jan 02, 2014
naijaobi:
oga emeka congrats!.. Did u apply to all of dem via uniassist?
Daalu.

Thanks bro, I applied to some of them directly and the others through Uni-assist. I actually applied to upto 15 schools and got rejected by 11 schools. I expanded my scope and didn't limit myself to one course. The first admission I got was from Bielefeld to study Sociology and later from Heilbron.
University of Marburg actually rejected me at first, later when those that were admitted did not take up the admission cos they probably chose another school, that was when Marburg now sent me a mail that they reviewed my application again and decided to give me a conditional admission. I just told them to keep their admission that I wasn't interested.
Basically, of all the schools I applied through uni-assist, the only ones I got admitted to were kassel and Marburg.

I encourage u guys applying for admission not to limit urself to just ur desired course of study. Expand ur research and don't really trust the email replies u get from some schools. Anybody on duty can read and reply ur email and what they tell u may not be the only solution.
I sent an email to kassel and they told me I wasn't eligible to apply to that course. Yet I still applied anyway and got admitted.
Also, even if they tell u they want 1st class students only, don't mind them and still apply. Just apply, apply, apply! All it will cost u is money to certify documents and u can use Nipost to send them like I did mine (be sure u have enough time o).
Even if u don't have the relevant courses mentioned on the school's website, still apply and get a good motivation letter. Sometimes, those that were admitted may not take up the admission and they'll consider u.
Finally, put everything in prayer and have faith. I almost gave up but I kept trying till I got it.

My 2 spoons...

6 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 02, 2014
Nice write up Emeka, perseverance is the key, I ll love to hear your interview experience as well
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2014
Ogbeche77: congrats in arrears.. You no do well oooo.... U suppose share your interview experience and the likes now

Make una no vex biko, it's just my nature to keep things till I accomplish them. Even my family never know say I don get the visa.
My interview experience was good. The fair igbo man at the gate almost spoilt my day as he was nagging. Finally I entered and went straight to reception. The dark lady there was helpful as she showed me how to properly arrange my documents even though she almost lost patience.
I already met the old lady at the reception while I was talking to the receptionist. Immediately the old lady saw me again, she just started shouting for no reason and I noticed she wanted to smile but she was forming strict.
The interview questions were the usual:
Why I chose Germany
why I chose my course
If my course can be studied in Nigeria
What I know about Germany and my school
What I intend to do after studying
If I made any attempt to learn german, (I said no)
Why I don't have my birth certificate: (I told her I couldn't find it and I was born before NPC was established so I couldn't have provided NPC and that was why I came with an Age Declaration)
Then means of finance...etc....

Abeg I don tire to type. After everything, I told her "Have a nice day" she said "I don't need ur prayer omo naija".
Just have ur documents complete and make the right photocopies before u get there. Also arrange them properly in 3 sets. When u are asked a question, be sure of what u say and don't miss words. Don't give 2 different answers to a question. Even if u are not sure of the question asked, just say something reasonable cos even the V.O sef may not know the right answer. If u keep quiet or bite ur tongue she'll know u are saying rubbish.
Also pls and pls, if u don't have eye problem, don't wear glass. Don't make them question ur identity and make sure u convince them u will return after ur studies. I got my visa after a week and some days.
I am a banker and even with my busy schedule, I try to stay in touch. Even if I get to Germany, I'll always find time to contribute my quota to the thread as long as I have internet cos I learned a lot here. I am grateful to everyone here, u guys are wonderful

I wish u guys goodluck.
My 2 spoons....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by papy4real: 7:33pm On Jan 02, 2014
emeka55:

Make una no vex biko, it's just my nature to keep things till I accomplish them. Even my family never know say I don get the visa.
My interview experience was good. The fair igbo man at the gate almost spoilt my day as he was nagging. Finally I entered and went straight to reception. The dark lady there was helpful as she showed me how to properly arrange my documents even though she almost lost patience.
I already met the old lady at the reception while I was talking to the receptionist. Immediately the old lady saw me again, she just started shouting for no reason and I noticed she wanted to smile but she was forming strict.
Why I chose Germany
why I chose my course
Why I don't have my birth certificate: (I told her I couldn't find it and I was born before NPC was established so I couldn't have provided NPC and that was why I came with an Age Declaration)

Abeg I don tire to type. After everything, I told her "Have a nice day" she said "I don't need ur prayer omo naija".
Just have ur documents complete and make the right photocopies before u get there. Also arrange them properly in 3 sets. When u are asked a question, be sure of what u say and don't miss words. Don't give 2 different answers to a question. Even if u are not sure of the question asked, just say something reasonable cos even the V.O sef may not know the right answer. If u keep quiet or bite ur tongue she'll know u are saying rubbish.
Also pls and pls, if u don't have eye problem, don't wear glass. Don't make them question ur identity and make sure u convince them u will return after ur studies. I got my visa after a week and some days.
I am a banker and even with my busy schedule, I try to stay in touch. Even if I get to Germany, I'll always find time to contribute my quota to the thread as long as I have internet cos I learned a lot here. I am grateful to everyone here, u guys are wonderful

I wish u guys goodluck.
My 2 spoons....

@Emeka Thanks for the info...Pls I have 2 questions:

1. Where and how much did you certify your documents?
2. How much did Nipost charge you & how long did it take to get there?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
Oga I didnt discourage anybody. I said its nt advisable I didn't say its nt possible. If he has money for dhl or fedex he can go ahead.
Ogbeche77: stop discouraging serious peeps, here is a link to a post from topeajis, almost this time last year, he sent his doc through nipost but they went on strike, so he had to resend through fedex on the 7th of january 2013 for a program that carried a deadline of 15th january

https://www.nairaland.com/676173/german-embassy-visa/36#13727324

Tope got his admission, so Capt Miller, ensure all your docs are complete, to avid any yawa... If you are in lagos, visit high court ikeja for certification, embassy procedure na war, and they may not even certify all your docs for you.. They have a limit they do
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 02, 2014
Pls do ooo. Just make sure u use dhl. And pls make sure ur documents are 100% complete so there's no extra delay. I don free swf o. Na rhein waal and hrh heidelberg I dey wait now. I heard german universities are on break till jan7. So i get faith say positive reply go show by den.
Capt. JH Miller:

Thanks bro, il still give it a shot..
Have u heard form SWF
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2014
papy4real:

@Emeka Thanks for the info...Pls I have 2 questions:

1. Where and how much did you certify your documents?
2. How much did Nipost charge you & how long did it take to get there?

I certified all my documents at ikeja high court. I have a customer there who just takes them to notary public and certifies them for me. It could cost up to 1000 naira. If u are applying through uni-assist, u don't have to keep certifying documents. Just certify the first set and send them (ur certificates and transcript) and even if u want to apply to 100 schools thru them, u don't have to certify anything again since they already have ur documents in their archive. All u need to send is the school's application form and motivation letter. Nipost collected abt 300-800 naira for each school package and took abt 2 weeks to deliver my documents. When u track it online, it may be saying "item in bag" don't mind dem, e fit don reach since.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
emeka55:

very insightful.... Thanks a lot
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
First congratulations! And thanks for d contribution. Ur story don encourage me. I almost free d whole germany thing about 2 weeks ago.
emeka55:

Thanks bro, I applied to some of them directly and the others through Uni-assist. I actually applied to upto 15 schools and got rejected by 11 schools. I expanded my scope and didn't limit myself to one course. The first admission I got was from Bielefeld to study Sociology and later from Heilbron.
University of Marburg actually rejected me at first, later when those that were admitted did not take up the admission cos they probably chose another school, that was when Marburg now sent me a mail that they reviewed my application again and decided to give me a conditional admission. I just told them to keep their admission that I wasn't interested.
Basically, of all the schools I applied through uni-assist, the only ones I got admitted to were kassel and Marburg.

I encourage u guys applying for admission not to limit urself to just ur desired course of study. Expand ur research and don't really trust the email replies u get from some schools. Anybody on duty can read and reply ur email and what they tell u may not be the only solution.
I sent an email to kassel and they told me I wasn't eligible to apply to that course. Yet I still applied anyway and got admitted.
Also, even if they tell u they want 1st class students only, don't mind them and still apply. Just apply, apply, apply! All it will cost u is money to certify documents and u can use Nipost to send them like I did mine (be sure u have enough time o).
Even if u don't have the relevant courses mentioned on the school's website, still apply and get a good motivation letter. Sometimes, those that were admitted may not take up the admission and they'll consider u.
Finally, put everything in prayer and have faith. I almost gave up but I kept trying till I got it.

My 2 spoons...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by CaptJHMiller: 7:55pm On Jan 02, 2014
dammymayor: Pls do ooo. Just make sure u use dhl. And pls make sure ur documents are 100% complete so there's no extra delay. I don free swf o. Na rhein waal and hrh heidelberg I dey wait now. I heard german universities are on break till jan7. So i get faith say positive reply go show by den.
Did they reject u?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 02, 2014
I think u should try and get ur hand on d original waec result dat has ur Passport on it. Im nt too sure about computer print out. I had a friend who got rejected from d uk embassy because dey said his waec result was fake. And it was printout he submitted.
breezy3's:

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 02, 2014
Captain I applied through nipost on November 4 and d deadline was November 15. And I haven't heard anything. I even sent dem a mail dey said dey would look into it and I never see reply. I think my application didnt get there in time. Thanks to nipost. What is painful is dat I had money for dhl den but d woman at d counter kept saying it'll get there in 8days.
Capt. JH Miller:

Did they reject u?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by papy4real: 8:16pm On Jan 02, 2014
emeka55:

I certified all my documents at ikeja high court. I have a customer there who just takes them to notary public and certifies them for me. It could cost up to 1000 naira. If u are applying through uni-assist, u don't have to keep certifying documents. Just certify the first set and send them (ur certificates and transcript) and even if u want to apply to 100 schools thru them, u don't have to certify anything again since they already have ur documents in their archive. All u need to send is the school's application form and motivation letter. Nipost collected abt 300-800 naira for each school package and took abt 2 weeks to deliver my documents. When u track it online, it may be saying "item in bag" don't mind dem, e fit don reach since.

Thanks bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by CaptJHMiller: 9:12pm On Jan 02, 2014
dammymayor: Captain I applied through nipost on November 4 and d deadline was November 15. And I haven't heard anything. I even sent dem a mail dey said dey would look into it and I never see reply. I think my application didnt get there in time. Thanks to nipost. What is painful is dat I had money for dhl den but d woman at d counter kept saying it'll get there in 8days.
Also haven't heard from them, but I just mailed them sha..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2014
@emeka55, I'm guessing you booked your interview via email by sending your financial details, admission letter and passport page... Can one inform the embassy the convenient day he/she wants to be interviewed, or they just use their digression in giving a date.. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2014
Capt. JH Miller:

Also haven't heard from them, but I just mailed them sha..
you guys should be pro active, if they don't reply mails, give them a call... They are very friendly on phone and willing to help.. I've been in your shoes before
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jaydeemourg: 9:44pm On Jan 02, 2014
emeka55:

Why I chose Germany
why I chose my course

I wish u guys goodluck.
My 2 spoons....
@emeka, congrats bro, am wishin u suxes as u move on in d pursuit of ur career.I know what it's like to leave banking to pursue once career,am also a banker. Pls I need answers to some questions.
1: what are the steps to take in applying thru uni-assist.
2: do I need to send separate docs when applying to many schs.
3: how did u make payment for uni-assist and how much is it. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.