Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,266 members, 7,887,771 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:39 PM

What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? (24455 Views)

Stop The Embarrassment Stop Snoring / Causes Of Snoring And How To Stop Snoring With A Simple Remedy / See How To Stop Snoring Immediately With Natural Remedies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by avrilwisedata: 12:12am On Sep 24, 2021
Offpoint1:

Lol, why are you bothered about something you're oblivious of?
Maybe his own snoring is so loud that it wakes him up from sleep. Also, the people he sleeps in the same room with obviously tell him he snores naw. grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by emecheboy2(m): 12:22am On Sep 24, 2021
Stop facing the ceiling, it's either you sleep sideways or face down(I mean face your pillow)
Juliusmomoh:
Good morning nairalanders...

Permit me to go direct to the point.

I snore alot.

Am tired of this shit. It makes me feel uncomfortable around people.

I don't like sleeping in people's house because of this.

Please anyone with the best remedy to stop this ?
Even in the afternoon, i snore.

Your comment please..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by chukwudiology(m): 12:50am On Sep 24, 2021
Solution, stop opening ur mouth while sleeping.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by DonroxyII: 1:03am On Sep 24, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

I snore alot.

Your comment please..

Ensure you digest your food before sleeping ... Don't sleep immediately after eating, The flamboyance in your stomach will cause discomfort to your lungs also blood flows will be altered if your heart is not comfortable .... or the pressure is much !
exercise is the answer ..... Do little exercise after eating to kick-start digestive tract movements!

Shower after stressful day so as for your muscles to be relaxed and sinuses cleared ... Possibly Warm water !!

Invest in drinking hot/warm water ... Muscle relaxant, aid digestion and cell functions ..... Sinuses removal .....

Don't expose your chest region to cold e.g fan or breeze .... Fattish deposits will lead to inhibition of flows thus snoring as your lungs struggle for air !!

I'm not a Doc ooo .... I'm just being philosophical !!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by deardevil(m): 1:03am On Sep 24, 2021
I use to many years ago and its makes me uncomfortable around people when I want to sleep ....... but what i did was exercise more which help me drop weight and walk on my physical physique.

My advice, exercise more and watch what eat and rest will be history.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by suffering: 1:45am On Sep 24, 2021
I doubt you have a choice. You have to live with it. What I normally do nowadays is tell people I snore beforehand so they know what to expect. A lot of men are considerate if you tell them on the first night. They accept you quickly. My own has worsened over the years from adding weight plus a slight nasal infection. Apnea has reared its ugly head. I wake up at night choking from my sleep. The situation takes about twenty or thirty seconds to rectify before I can breathe properly. I then have to tell anyone thinking I experienced a demonic attack what happened.

The white man has tried his best and still can’t conquer snoring. There are some devices which seal one’s jaw shut for the night. I’ve never tried them because they look goofy and unaesthetic. I’d like to try the surgery alternative however it is only a temporary fix which lasts a few months before reverting.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by Igahbarr: 2:20am On Sep 24, 2021
ApexPhysio:

Wrong
People that are skinny also snore. Snoring occurs due to Airways obstruction. When you try to respirate( in and out) a rhythmic sound results.
what is the solution?
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by HIPROFILE(m): 2:32am On Sep 24, 2021
ojun50:
Dont lay on the bed while sleeping , either you seat and sleep or stand and sleep dor for one month. Then after one month you can return to bed.

NKAPI

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by bigcasava1(m): 2:46am On Sep 24, 2021
Stop picking ur nose all the time.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by Burgerlomo: 3:07am On Sep 24, 2021
Don't sleep at all if possible grin
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by chinchum(m): 3:19am On Sep 24, 2021
lose weight if possible

Use a CPAP machine.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by Cooleasy(m): 3:33am On Sep 24, 2021
Try this. It stops snoring.
At least it worked for me.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by Chiemeka1: 3:35am On Sep 24, 2021
It is better to sleep and snore than having sleepless nights.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by spicesgoke(m): 4:11am On Sep 24, 2021
Maintain healthy body weight.
Exercise regularly
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by femi4: 4:41am On Sep 24, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin
That thing no get cure..

Thought it was a sure way to scare away witches and wizards undecided
Na only you answer the question. I ve seen slim people snore like an elephant.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by Cebaz(m): 4:57am On Sep 24, 2021
[quote author=Sirpaul post=106110951]Don't eat late.
Avoid stress
Sleep Early
[/quote. He said even in the afternoon
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by Chochovini: 5:02am On Sep 24, 2021
kennyz247:
stop supporting Arsenal FC ,it will stop immediately
. Hahahahahahahaha kai...guy u bad o. Make arsenal supporters catch u there. Lolsssssssssssss.....
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by Chochovini: 5:06am On Sep 24, 2021
MufasaLion:
Everyone has turned to a physician on this thread. grin
. A very funny one at that. Lols.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by Juliusmomoh: 5:39am On Sep 24, 2021
Jsabigi:
It's very simple if you can discipline yourself.
Just make sure you never sleep with your face upward. Sleep with side and prone and you'll thank later.
You are well relaxed when sleeping with your face upward. Some people may not be able to sleep and some may take a longer time to fall asleep. But, you must be prepared to do it the way it is said.

For like how many month sir?
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by Juliusmomoh: 5:46am On Sep 24, 2021
ModeEbo:
Stop using pillows to sleep
Will it help
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by Samnavy: 6:12am On Sep 24, 2021
Your sleeping position is wrong
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by DigitB: 6:18am On Sep 24, 2021
In addition to the useful suggestions above.

You can cover your mouth with nosemask whenever you want to sleep.

In my case, each time I sleep my mouth tends to open. And sometimes I snore. Wearing nosemask helps mitigate that.

I also find it useful whenever I travelling far.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by elizabethbrown: 6:35am On Sep 24, 2021
This is my personal experience, I also had snoring problem during my sleeping hour. But I note one thing, when ever my body is too much fat that is overweight in my body, I experience snoring, this will disturbance to my home members. So, I decided to reduce my body weight, afterwards I got escape from snoring. This is my personal experience, I think this is not suite for all. My small suggestion is , if you have overweight, try to reduce your weight, may be you can see a better results in the future.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by ApexPhysio: 6:48am On Sep 24, 2021
Igahbarr:
what is the solution?

Visit an ENT clinic, the Physician there can determine the cause and type of Airways obstruction., and you will be placed on medical.

Devices are also available that help. A CPAP and some other ones.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by Akjwyzepal(m): 6:49am On Sep 24, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

I snore alot.

Your comment please..

By closing your mouth when you sleep. Breathe with your nose
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by LOVEGINO(m): 6:52am On Sep 24, 2021
If i nor snore while sleeping, Wetin I gain?
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by Buksaylor: 7:26am On Sep 24, 2021
ojun50:
Dont lay on the bed while sleeping , either you seat and sleep or stand and sleep dor for one month. Then after one month you can return to bed.

Only less than 5 % of Nigerians are normal..
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by duro4chang(m): 7:32am On Sep 24, 2021
Timoleon:
Check your weight, exercise more, understand your most favorable sleeping position. invest in a nasal aid. See a doctor, sometimes it might require a surgical procedure.
What of those who are naturai fat?
Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by ojun50(m): 7:38am On Sep 24, 2021
Buksaylor:

Only less than 5 % of Nigerians are normal..
You take everythting too serious

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? by begge: 7:44am On Sep 24, 2021
na wen witch dey chase you for dream every time na dey cux am. I get d medicine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Will I End Up Like This ? / Officials Force Bet Naija Agents To Clean Their Surrounding In Calabar. Photos / Lagos Donates 100 Units Of Handwashing Stations To Strategic Locations (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.