Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,607 members, 7,944,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:15 AM

Have You Ever Felt You Are Not Appreciated Enough? Share Your Experience - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Ever Felt You Are Not Appreciated Enough? Share Your Experience (875 Views)

What Broke Your Trust With Friends? Share Your Experience / Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered / Have U Ever Felt So Useless? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Felt You Are Not Appreciated Enough? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2021
I've been very down recently. I think a lot of people are so blind to see the person that I am. Everyone around me just takes me for granted because I don't show myself off.

People would always ask me for advice on certain things and then they would forget that this same person who was able to give you advice is worthy to be respected. I'm literarily lost in the crowd. No one see me anymore. Where I am now, I know I get disrespected everyday. I'm just enduring until I leave here.

What can I do to be more appreciated please?

Have you ever felt this way?

Lalasticlala.
Re: Have You Ever Felt You Are Not Appreciated Enough? Share Your Experience by Authority1o1(m): 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2021
Okay...

Yes, I've felt that way, too.

I have always been a vainglorious person. With me, it's all about ego; all about that respect you must give me. You must not be more conspicuous that I am. It shouldn't be heard that you performed better than me at anything. That's Authority1o1 over there, please respect him and never outshine him.

In school, I was confessed as the most intelligent among my classmates. It fueled my narcism, and upshot my egoism. Now, this was bad for a growing boy.

I left there, the seed of pride already in me. My thirst for respect grew. Perhaps, the kind of respect I yearn was undue for my age.

I then applied for, and got a job right after secondary school. It was in a school, so I wouldn't lose interest in academics. That heralded a turning point in my little life. I got there, but wasn't seen enough. I thought they hadn't been well furnished with my potentials. So I pushed for it. Began to go close to where the power lied in order to identify with it. It was as if I wasn't needed. My intelligence was failing, my smartness was becoming mere vanity. A colleague who I was age mates with took every credit. He got more nominated to execute more tasks. I was dying. I knew it. I was lost in total obscurity.

Until one day when I retracted into myself like a tortoise. For a moment, I sat there, busy with introspection. I found out that my quest for respect and recognition was overt. Perhaps, those smiles I got from the Head of School was appreciation. Perhaps, those periodic handshakes were all I needed. Who knows, I may have been as seen as other colleagues.

Today, I only do the right things. Whether you respect me for them isn't my business. You could call it a beta form of vainglory, but you mustn't disrespect me either.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Felt You Are Not Appreciated Enough? Share Your Experience by Davash222(m): 2:45pm On Sep 24, 2021
. People would always ask me for advice on certain things and then they would forget that this same person who was able to give you advice is worthy to be respected

You're funny sha cheesy

You expected royalty cos you are pro in giving advise on certain things.

We advice Simpathetic men here daily yet they call us evil names. We for don die na undecided

Abeg park one side jare

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Felt You Are Not Appreciated Enough? Share Your Experience by Magnoliaa(f): 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2021
Of course, yes, but, nope. I'm not sharing my experience. smiley smiley
Re: Have You Ever Felt You Are Not Appreciated Enough? Share Your Experience by airminem(f): 2:54pm On Sep 24, 2021
I AIRMINEM, I sometimes notice myself shying away from
feeling happy, because I'm afraid to feel happy. I don't know why this is so.
Now, the only thing that keeps me going and keeping me up with my work is purely discipline, character.
Re: Have You Ever Felt You Are Not Appreciated Enough? Share Your Experience by falcon01: 2:57pm On Sep 24, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Of course, yes, but, nope. I'm not sharing my experience. smiley smiley
magnolia cupcakes
Re: Have You Ever Felt You Are Not Appreciated Enough? Share Your Experience by Totilopussylick(m): 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2021
....people would always ask me for advice on certain things and then they would forget that this same person who was able to give you advice is worthy to be respected. I'm literarily lost in the crowd. No one see me anymore.

Where you expected to get paid because you give someone advance over a random question?

If you're looking for respect, go to yaba left!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Felt You Are Not Appreciated Enough? Share Your Experience by skammer(m): 3:10pm On Sep 24, 2021
Truth is Nodoby wanna work for an ungrateful boss, so start learning to say thank You. No offence but your high expectations and self entitlement are responsible for your dissapointment.

(1) (Reply)

Most Of Buhari’s Ministers Go To Their Offices Drunk / Your Spirit Aura And How It Affects Your Daily Life / My Take And Why I Think Obi Should Withdraw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.