Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,734 members, 7,898,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 03:12 PM

Should I Euthanize My Dad? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should I Euthanize My Dad? (42311 Views)

Help - My Dad Just Had A Stroke / Help My Dad Has Severe Stomach Pains / I'm In An Extreme End, Im Losing My Dad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by donsharwama(m): 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
Omorotionmwann:
It has been 12years now since my dad has been down with Stroke which has affected his speech,his right hand and leg and some 4years ago,he couldn't walk anymore but had to be carried to sleep,sit and all physical metabolism is done where he is,even after I and my mum have spent and still spends a lot on physiotherapy,speech therapy,brain checkups at Mecure oshodi,routine and forthnight high blood pressure checkups with expensive drugs and still no changes but it gets worse,all done going around in taxi as I have no car.....

I was 18 and in 200level in a federal uni with him and my mum my only support system when all of this started,couldn't concentrate and focus on school work anymore as I am the firstborn of a 7 boys family and my attention was always needed.....Mum told me I need to drop out that she can't afford all of this alone but I was strong hearted and determined to graduate with a B.Eng...

I had issues with my lecturers as my attendance were poor and my course adviser said it to my face that I would never graduate but I never told them about my travails or they wouldn't even believe me anyways cos they were mostly SADIST,All Engineering lecturers in Uniben especially Mechanical/PRODUCTION ENGINEERING from 08/09 upward,OGUN KILL ALL OF UNA!!! Life was tough for me and my Mum....

Now that I am a Man and supposed to be focus on my life future and raising a family but this is still taking a toll on me emotionally,financially,mentally and I will come home to my mum nagging,crying that she has tried enough over the years and i might come home one day and she has left ....THIS BREAKS ME,I AM TIRED,I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....I LOVE MY DAD,HE IS IN PAINS TOO!!!

IF I COULD SEE THE FUTURE BACK THEN WHEN IT STARTED,I WOULD HAVE ASKED THE DOCTORS FOR MERCY DEATH,DO NIGERIAN DOCTORS OR HOSPITALS GIVE OUT MERCY DEATH TO PATIENTS?

NAIRALANDERS,I AM DEPRESSED AND I NEED YOUR ADVICE

sorry for the long post. Mods please help this thread to front page for more advice

Quote me on a dead thread with ur number let's talk

2 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Decryptor(m): 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
SportsHD:
Euthanzing is the correct word here. I swear if he could talk to you, he would tell you to go ahead. He is in pains, seeing y'all going through all that to take care of him is making him sad also. He just can't tell y'all. Hospitals does euthanization, you just have to talk to your mom and brothers about it. It's not a decision you can take alonew, except you have a heart like mine. The hospital would make it faster and easier. I think they'll put him to sleep first, then inject something that'll stop his heart. Thereby, he wouldn't even feel anything.
Please update us on how it goes.

The most sensible comment here!

Other comments are just fueled by sentimental, religious and African cultural balderdash.

12 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Goldiness: 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
SportsHD:

Religion is damaging your mentality. The dad has been in that state for 12 years now. I'm sure no one would want that for himself. Not being able to talk or do anything yourself.

Drop all emotional sentiments here, think logically. Imagine the peace of mind he and the mom would have, coupled with the amount they'll save not going back and forth to the hospital.

If it were my family member, lord knows he would have been in the ground by now.
It's better for him to be at peace in heaven than to be suffering here In life.

You see you, and your life. If the father wanted to die he would have died since, he is fighting for his life, and you said he should be killed, how funny and wicked of you and the intent of your heart. See just pray not to be terribly sick one day, especially at old age, then you can tell them to do the same for you.

NB: may be you don't value your family members.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Mercisharelove(f): 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
Some of you castigating religion forgot that religion rules the essence of life. How dare you relegate religion to zero...

This generation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by LuckyLadolce(m): 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
Omorotionmwann:
It has been 12years now since my dad has been down with Stroke which has affected his speech,his right hand and leg and some 4years ago,he couldn't walk anymore but had to be carried to sleep,sit and all physical metabolism is done where he is,even after I and my mum have spent and still spends a lot on physiotherapy,speech therapy,brain checkups at Mecure oshodi,routine and forthnight high blood pressure checkups with expensive drugs and still no changes but it gets worse,all done going around in taxi as I have no car.....

I was 18 and in 200level in a federal uni with him and my mum my only support system when all of this started,couldn't concentrate and focus on school work anymore as I am the firstborn of a 7 boys family and my attention was always needed.....Mum told me I need to drop out that she can't afford all of this alone but I was strong hearted and determined to graduate with a B.Eng...

I had issues with my lecturers as my attendance were poor and my course adviser said it to my face that I would never graduate but I never told them about my travails or they wouldn't even believe me anyways cos they were mostly SADIST,All Engineering lecturers in Uniben especially Mechanical/PRODUCTION ENGINEERING from 08/09 upward,OGUN KILL ALL OF UNA!!! Life was tough for me and my Mum....

Now that I am a Man and supposed to be focus on my life future and raising a family but this is still taking a toll on me emotionally,financially,mentally and I will come home to my mum nagging,crying that she has tried enough over the years and i might come home one day and she has left ....THIS BREAKS ME,I AM TIRED,I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....I LOVE MY DAD,HE IS IN PAINS TOO!!!

IF I COULD SEE THE FUTURE BACK THEN WHEN IT STARTED,I WOULD HAVE ASKED THE DOCTORS FOR MERCY DEATH,DO NIGERIAN DOCTORS OR HOSPITALS GIVE OUT MERCY DEATH TO PATIENTS?

sorry for the long post. Mods please help this thread to front page for more advice
I was literally crying reading your post. I was slightly in your shoes when my loving father was alive. But I was determined to give it my all. Though my pop got well and died 5 years after. Let me add that he died a very healthy man at age 95. I was very fulfilled playing my own part even though I am the last born in my family but responsible like the first born. Now, I'm the one solely responsible for my mum upkeep, I mean full responsibility (pay all bills) plus my personal and other family responsibilities . Guess what, I'm happy doing this because I am happy that I could pay back all the love they showed me from infant till I became a man of myself (even though it's impossible to pay all the love back). I understand it can be very challenging going through all you going through right now. But I want you to understand that they wouldn't have abandoned you if you were in the same position as a baby (except if popsy was not responsible when he was agile. Pardon me for that). Please continue to take care of him. God in his infinite person will continue to bless you and favor you everywhere you go. Cheers!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Iykenuwa(m): 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
Omorotionmwann:

Have you tried the Great Physician, Jesus Christ? HE NEVER FAILS!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by SATANlST: 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
which one be euthanze again? i dont know why u guys cant speak simple english,.

even my british friends dont use all these jargon
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by osuofia2(m): 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
Many g people giving advise that they can never be in the op shoes for two months talk more of 12 years. Op na man you be same as your mum. Big ups to you two. There are life challenges that I think euthanizing seems best. I believe if your dad can talk he would have wished same. God give you strength in all you decide.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 05, 2021
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Goldiness: 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
Decryptor:

The most sensible comment here!

Other comments are just fueled by sentimental, religious and African cultural balderdash.

It will be your turn next, then you know how it feels to be sick and need help, then you can tell them to do the same for you. Heartless beings. angry

1 Like

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by osuofia2(m): 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
giving advise that they can never be in the op shoes for two months talk more of 12 years. Op na man you be same as your mum. Big ups to you two. There are life challenges that I think euthanizing seems best. I believe if your dad can talk he would have wished same. God give you strength in all you decide. Hi

3 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by venabili: 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
Hmm.

The first question is what is the medical prognosis? Are the doctor optimistic he can get better? Or they are just keeping him in a vegetative state while you burn scarce resources?

If there is really no hope then your suggestion can be excused. Such a case can last for decades while it drain you financially and emotionally.

Unfortunately, euthanasia is illegal in Nigeria.
But if you are "unable" to get money to do the expensive tests, buy the expensive drugs etc. I am sure nature will take its course.

There is no need to be wrecked financially before he passes. I am sure he wouldn't like to leave you in penury too. If you have money in excess now, maybe, but struggling...

4 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Mccullum: 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
Don't try it please... If not hnmm you may loss your heaven...

1 Like

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by God2man2again(m): 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
Human beings can sometimes cover your unclothedness. Some can be wicked.

There are still people out there who can really help you

Sometimes problem shared is half solved.

Tell some good people your problem ,it could be the solution.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Decryptor(m): 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
Goldiness:

If the father wanted to die he would have died since, he is fighting for his life,

So all the sick people who have died in the past really wanted to die while those who survived fought for their lives abi?

Why are most Nigerians so senseless?? undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Toks2008(m): 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
Goldiness:

You are mad, and sick in the head for conceiving such in your head and advising the OP about it. Look at how you carefully planned it out and still wait for feed back, how funny, what a world of wickedness. See you better change your mindset, pray not to be very sick one day, may be you will tell them to do the same for you. Let God's will be done in the father's life, it's not for anyone to decide, I tell you. angry

Calm your nerves... Asides sentiments the guy made perfect sense just that as I wrote, it does not sound cool taking the life of anyone regardless.

I know what I faced with my dad when he was down with serious stroke.

You never pack shit before I guess.. I pack shit tire, the stress was so mentally torturous and you won't even have a life of your own.

Anyways I believe in Miracle so they should pray and seek for alternative solution.

Lalas my dad passed on.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by dontai(m): 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
iambabaG:
The best thing you can do for him is to put him out of his misery.
Yes you love him,
Yes you don’t want to loose him
But the best thing you can do for him now is to let him go.
So that the rest of you can live a normal life.. Why spend soo much for a situation that has degenerated with time?
Miracles and all those bullcrap will only serve to worsen your financial, mental and physical situation.
people forgot DMX, Nelson Mandela and Robert Mugabe are all put out of their suffering.
I just believe over here we love seeing people suffering, and we term it love.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by RPG2020(m): 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
We are watching you with 5G network if you don't know now you know

Let me hear say you buy Benz how you do you posman you go come tell Us

1 Like

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by God2man2again(m): 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
Never kill your own Father. What goes round comes around.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by DonatusAdorns(m): 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
Please do not try anything funny..
God will heal him

1 Like

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
Omorotionmwann:

Euthanasia is illegal in nigeria. Most medical personnel will not risk thier licenses for euthanasia that is an ehtically controversial topic

3 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Aganju849: 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
Omorotionmwann:

As long as you realise it's illegal under Nigerian law. If you're caught doing it you go down for murder...even though the old man himself woud probably bless you for setting him free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by joyandfaith: 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
Omorotionmwann:

Please don't kill him and don't waste money on expensive care that will not even benefit him.
Get him an health attendant and put her on monthly salary to provide nursing care- feeding, bathing etc.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by paskal16: 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
A very tough situation I must say
A hospice home would be better
That’s if there’s any
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by arafhan: 8:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
maureensylvia:
Lemme pee, I'm coming
Alright, I'm back grin

No matter what, he's your loving father.. his seed brought you into this world. The mercy death on this is unjustifiable.

It's true it hurts, but you have to carry the cross.. it has its own blessings.. believe me.

Try and take care of him but KNOW your limit.. don't spend much on him but take care of him.

Even if he dies on the long run, you won't feel guilty.. you will feel fulfilled that you tried your best.

Encourage your maale, nwanyi Ibem!!! She must have seen alot to the extent of giving the thought of running away.
If you can, get a nanny that can take care of your Dad.

Don't do something stupid
Read it again

Cheers
This too will pass kiss

My thought also...taking care of him has it own blessing
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by AgentGoat: 8:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
I no dey follow anything against the Qur'an and Bible.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Sirqt5(m): 8:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
Na wa. OP don change the title to "Should I euthanize my dad?." Before it was "Should I kill my dad" ? U don dey give him ideas now. Whether kill or euthanize, same end goal. U think say u are God, ehn ?

1 Like

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Faber(m): 8:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
sirjoggy:
Please don't try it bro, it can create a generation curse

That's what I want to say. Karma may visit op not now, but later.

Op keep on keeping on. The Lord will be ur strength

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by erubati: 8:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
People living with stroke are going through a lot emotionally and need all the love and care.its just like the way God has said that he created man from a weak discharge,then gave him strength,then later he becomes weak again.we all will grow old one day and become very weak,depending on what he has destined for us-old age,sickness,etc.
it is one of the most highest tribulations if a parent grows old in ur care,worst off if it is the two of them.
Don't ever try it cus u will only live to regret it
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by koyeni(m): 8:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
I understand how the op feels . It's not easy.
We read of a psg footballer who spent 50 something years in coma. it's reported his wife was there all through for him. Though he died eventually..
Op should keep faith high

1 Like

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by einsteine(m): 8:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
Euthanasia is illegal in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

10 Natural Remedies You Can Make With Mango At Home / Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant / Reasons Why You Should Change Your Under Wears Often - Marvejohndaily.com

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.