Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,913 members, 7,872,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

Two Lawmakers Dump PDP, Defect To APC In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Lawmakers Dump PDP, Defect To APC In Anambra (630 Views)

11 Anambra Lawmakers Dump PDP, APGA For APC (photos) / Imo House Of Assembly Speaker, 17 Lawmakers Dump APC For Action Alliance Party / 26 Lawmakers Dump APC For APM In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Lawmakers Dump PDP, Defect To APC In Anambra by Upritman(m): 11:22am On Oct 07, 2021
Two lawmakers elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the Anambra State House of Assembly, have dumped the party and defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Politics Hub Nigeria gathered that the lawmakers include; Mr Onyebuchi Offor (Ekwusigo Constituency), and Mr Douglas Egbuna, (Onitsha North l Constituency).

Their joint defection was announced at plenary on Wednesday.

Offor, who until his defection was the Minority Leader of the House, said that he consulted widely with his family and mentor on his decision to move from PDP to the APC.

“It is time I join the party at the centre so that my constituents can feel and experience the presence of the ruling party,” he said.

Also Hon.Egbuna said that he defected to the APC after several consultations with his constituents.
The Speaker of the House, Mr Uche Okafor, who congratulating the defected lawmakers, wished them well in their new party.

Politics Hub Nigeria recalls that four lawmakers elected on the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), in the state Assembly, had on September 21, also defected to the APC.

Currently, the APC has six members, PDP has four members, while APGA has 20 members in the Assembly.

Source: https://www.politicshubng.com/two-lawmakers-dump-pdp-defect-to-apc-in-anambra/

Re: Two Lawmakers Dump PDP, Defect To APC In Anambra by ThatFairGuy: 11:25am On Oct 07, 2021
Andy Uba is winning this
Re: Two Lawmakers Dump PDP, Defect To APC In Anambra by JavaScript90: 11:30am On Oct 07, 2021
The eyes of the federal government is in the east simply because of the huge gas reserves. The future is gas and that is why the government wants to take the states with the largest gas reserve by force. IMO is already gone remaining anambra. Declaration of anambra as oil producing state and the recovery of IMO oil wells from rivers state is not a coincidence
Re: Two Lawmakers Dump PDP, Defect To APC In Anambra by Idiko1: 11:31am On Oct 07, 2021
All these defectors from PDP and APGA to APC are the agents responsible for the mayhem in Ananbra State.

1 Like

Re: Two Lawmakers Dump PDP, Defect To APC In Anambra by Asgard73: 11:31am On Oct 07, 2021
Apc winning anambra is more like apga winning Kano

They can defect for the remaining political year.. by next election they go follow Andy dey house .
So Na Andy be the reason why Buhari and Apc wan burn down anambra state

God purnish them ..

I’d i Be OBIANO I go rig this election with brutality.. Apc no go even see one vote.

I miss Peter Obi walai
Re: Two Lawmakers Dump PDP, Defect To APC In Anambra by duro4chang(m): 11:43am On Oct 07, 2021
Waka waka politicians.
Re: Two Lawmakers Dump PDP, Defect To APC In Anambra by haffaze777(m): 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2021
Anambra better remain with APGA

(1) (Reply)

2023: Amaechi Wants To Appoint The Next Governor Single-handedly – Golden Chioma / How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? / Yari Decamps To The PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.